The rules do not apply

Devlin Howard

Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#2F4F4F">Devlin was an exceedingly bored person. He lived a life that followed the same pattern every single day, from the hour he woke up to the hour he slammed his face into the pillow and he thought it was enough, that he was content but he really wasn't. For every jigsaw he tugged together in this puzzle of life he understood that he had walked out from the sphere where everyone else was and spent time in another world. Nothing challenged him. His brain could spit out logical lines and keys to equations in a velocity that left no time for pleasure—it was fact and fact left no time for emotions. Emotions didn't exist in his vocabulary; it was a word he could form with his lips but it didn't mean anything. He thought emotions were for the real people, imbecile morons that followed dress-codes, blew bubbles with gums and put curses between words. He couldn't wait for something to happen. He had to use his intelligence; he had to create entertainment, not waiting for it.

Devlin didn't like the outside world; it never interested him, almost like nothing in particular interested him. The green plains and colorful flowers were beautiful but he had never been amused by pretty things. Beauty lay in traumatizing other people and cries and screams, not in pretty paintings and social intercourses. Also, he didn't like fresh air; it felt like someone pumped air in him until he was going to explode like a balloon. People said that you needed fresh air but he didn't. He didn't need anything.

Well, okay, that was a lie, today he actually did need something. Usually, these pathetic dilemmas weren't even an issue, He pushed his problem onwards, ignored them, stated them as useless and it spun around in a circle that couldn't break.

But today was really different, he was extremely bored. Walking out to their school grounds, he shoved his pale hands in his pockets and walked onwards, walked out in the grass that bathed in warm sunlight and a butterfly skipped past face, thin wings touching the bridge of his nose. He needed to do anything now, anything at all, with a sigh, he set himself lying on the grass, not even bothering to care even if his clothes would somehow get dirty.

Those who knew him had learned to accept him—even though it was rather difficult—More things that put him under the headline weird and dangerous, well he had plenty. "Messed-up, Strange?" He uttered.. He wasn't a sensitive person, more like empty of emotions like a turned bowl, but he didn't really appreciate those stares like he was an animal in a cage displayed solely to feed the visitors' excitement.​
<i>
</i>

Olathia was forever the perfectionist on how she can across to others. She knew well that not everyone judged someone by their appearances, but the first thing someone saw of another was there looks. As her face was still, flawlessm, her eyes scanned the old crisp pages of the book that lay in front of her. Her short dark red hair blew about freshly, as she studied at the bench.

Olathia was also not one for studying, however after her sister lecture to her, she decided that just for now, she would give it a go. She just about had the mind to throw it all away, and afterall, who needed grades to be a Death Eater? Work wasn't for her. Her brown eyes glanced up as something, or something walked across the corner of her eye, and she watched silently as a boy laid himself down on the grass, the sunlight covering him in a warm blanket.

It wasn't like her to get involved in someone's problems or feelings if she had no need to. Too many students these days would just start up a convosation with whoever they bumped into, and Olathia had no intention of intruding in anybody's lives. She preferred to sit on the line, and watch and the others made a fool out of themselves, and to her, it her her job to push them back in, not fish them out of trouble. Olathia would not hurt nor touch another person, for she was not aggressive or physical, instead she chose to use the power of words and looks to manipulate others, similarly to her cousin. Her cousin however went in a very unsubtly way of doing it, and the young Wu child was going to get no where with that attitude.

The boy who had laid himself down look troubled, and Olathia smiled to herself. Of course she could convince someone she was helping, but deep down it would only be for her own satisfation. People had to help themselves in this day and age. "Warm isn't it" she said quietly, refurring to the sunlight.

Devlin's ears perked up when he heard someone talk, but being who he was, he decided not to pay any attention to it. What if that person was not meaning to talk to him at all, and that remark was just something that was thrown to another person? If he would speak, then he would just make a fool out of himself, something that he didn't really..appreciate. Yawning, he closed his eyes, ears still open to see whether his intuition was right, that the voice that he had just heard was not talking to him at all.

However, it was only still silence that had filled the air. no reply whatsoever from another person, maybe he was wrong then. Opning his eyes once again, he sat up, deep brown eyes looking for the person who looks likely to be the source of the voice. No luck then, it seemed that he was just all alone, well, that was whta he had thought until his eyes lay upon a girl with striking red hair, a girl who was sitting on a bench not that far away from him. Really, why he had not noticed her before? He had just walked pass by her earlier? This boredom was really taking a toll on him that he was becoming less observant then. Raising an eyebrow, he debated whether he should answer or not, choosing the latter as he was not really that friendly type, and it was just not him to just go around and talk to a random stranger, he just shrugged, laying himself on the grass once more, wondering whether the girl would actually talk once again.

Olathia stuck her quill into the wooden bench and began to score her name into it. She didn't care if something didn't belong to her, it didn't mean she wasn't going to what she wanted. Plus, if she was clever enough, no one would know it was her anyway. As she waited for a reply, she flicked her warm hair out her eyes, and looked back down to the boy. Was he purposly ignoring her? she thought, sighing quietly. "It's rude to ignore people" she said again quietly. Wasn't it obvious who she was talking to? The closest person to them were a group of first year boys huddled under a tree.

This boy was curious to her, and unlike many boys she'd met, he didn't seem to show off as much as the others, if at all. She liked that. She closed her book, purposly making it create a loud noise, before pushing it into the middle of the table and putting her elbows in its place. "If you're going to lie there all day, the least you can do is talk to me too" she said, her voice a little louder. She didn't like being ignored, and took after her cousin in being the center of attention.

No one ignored Olathia.

Devlin had had to actually sat up once again when he heard the girl speak, now he was sure that she was indeed talking to her. Why, he wasn't sure. She doesn't look like she was someone form his class then, for if she was, then she should have known better than to talk to him, he had this sort of reputation for being rather rude and violent in their class after all. Not that it wasn't true, for in fact, he prides himself for being like that, it was just the way that he was, and he was not hiding it. Yawning, he focused his attention to the said girl, squinting slightly to get a proper view of her face, "You're bored aren't you? Isn't it strange to talk to a random student that you have just seen?" He said flatly, not even bothering to move out of his place.

He was wondering who the girl was actually, she looks like someone who had too much of a self pride, something that he liked yet hated at the same time. It was rather weird though, how he find someone who was too self centered to be interesting, yet that someone irritates him too to no end, someone like his friend then. "Who are you anyway?"

"A random student i've just seen?" she repeated, staring at him, wondering how oblivious in this world he was. "This isn't the first time i've seen you Mr. Howard" she smiled, a glint in her eye almost unnerving. "How could i be bored? When i have someone like you to talk to?" the emphasys on "you" suggesting that Olathia had ether seen his type before, or singled them out from others, but the reason why was not to be sprung open yet.

"I," She rose from the bench, dressed in a short black shirt and maroon shirt, "Am Olathia Kawamura. You may have heard of my siblings, Zahna or Egan. They both make suchs fools of themselves" she said, walking across the grass towards him. "I'd ask for introduction from you too, but i don't need them" she said, smiling straight at him, her dark brown eyes staring into his as she took a seat on the grass beside him, lying back to enjoy the sun while it lasted.

Now that the girl had actually approached him, Devlin had been able to see a clearer view of her face, of course, how could he had thought that he didn't know her at all, or that she didn't recognize him as well, this girl that had just talked to him was no other than a Kawamura, someone that had family ties with his friend, Chyou. "You might not be bored, but that was not the case with me." He said, putting an emphasis on the words 'you' and 'me' just like she did so. He's not that talkative, and he prefers to actually just watch others and not talk at all, especially if he was rather bored. But it seemed like, on the girl's case, she found it to be interesting to 'bother' him.

"They both make fools out of themselves eh? And you don't?" Devlin had encountered Egan before, but he had not really gotten the time to talk to him, not when when he had seen him, there were those obnoxious and filthy students around. "Suit yourself, I prefer not to introduce myself anyway, I'm not looking for any companionship or friendship as what those fools would say." He stated, shrugging. Though the girl had just smiled at him, he didn't return the same 'enthusiasm', he never did smile after all, it was all smirk and grins for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back