The Royal truth

Eric Evans

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
11" Elder wand with Pheonix feather core
[adminapproval=7370692]

Eric sat in the living room of his little cottage in simple clothing as he awaited nervously for the arrival of his grandmother who was coming over to meet him for the first time in years with some interesting news. Eric stood up and walked around the room as the sound of the grandfather clock in the foyer ticked with each passing second as a reminder of the little time he had left before his life changed again. He had recently changed his life to allow in the man that had shared his bed on and off for the last few days and had made a home in Eric's heart. Fabian was his superman and when he had given up on love it was Fabian who splashed his way in and had no plans of leaving anytime soon. The clock in the foyer stuck a beautiful tune as a firm knock sounded and Eric rushed to open it with sweaty palms.

When the door was pulled open a old woman dressed in regal clothing stood on his door step and Eric gasped as the woman smiled up at him as tears filled her bright eyes. Eric stepped outside and hugged the woman before crying himself as the smell of the woman’s peppermint perfume filled his senses and summoned forth long lost memories of him and the woman who was then much younger in the kitchen baking and singing along to his Cinderella cassette tape as she waved he rose colored around causing the kitchen to become alive with magic. The warm tears flowed freely as the two did not break their warm embrace for several minutes as if they were trying to make up for all the time that had been stolen from them. However Eric knew that there would be plenty of time for catch up later as he stepped out of the hug and showed the woman inside.

The woman looked about the cozy room before making her way into the living room where she sat in a comfy high back chair and sat crossing her feet at the ankle before straightening out her fuzzy wool skirt. She place her bag on the floor beside her before she opened it up and pulled out her wand and casting a spell that summoned forth a small tables worth of finger food and tea which floated over to Eric’s coffee table and landed softly. Eric walked in and grinned as he sat down in the twin of the chair she had occupied before he wiped away his tears and cleared his throat.

“You did not have to do that you know I had a few things in the kitchen that I could have fixed up for us.” He said as he rubbed his hands together as they had went from sweaty to freezing in such a short time. He poured the tea and handed a cup to his grandmother before serving himself first as he was raised to do when he was younger.

“Oh don't be silly honey of course I had to bring the food as it is I who almost came over unannounced, and you may call me Grace or Mawma.” She said with a wink before taking a delicate sip of her tea before she continued speaking. “I love your little cottage here and my have you have grown since I last saw you! You are as handsome as your grandfather was when he was your age and yet you have your mothers eyes and your fathers smile.” she said as she chuckled which caused her eyes to fill slightly with tears as she smiled and took another sip of her tea.

“Well thank you I am lucky to find such a wonderful little corner of the world to call my own I can give you a little tour later and if you stick around for dinner you might be able to meet Fabian my boyfriend.” Eric said as he looked the woman in the face as he just outed himself in front of her before he continued on as he was in fact gay and though he missed her and was glad to be reconnected with her but he would not put up with homophobic attitudes or religious persecution from anyone including his family. He took a sip of his tea wondering how the woman was taking the new.

“I would not mind taking that tour as for dinner I will be unable to stay as I have to be back at the castle before then though we will make another date for me to meet your boyfriend. I know your gay honey and trusted me that will never be a problem ever I love you and if he makes you happy than I am happy.” She said as she reached across the small space between the two chairs to place a soft gloved hand on the back of Eric’s hand giving it a light squeeze. “ I have also already talked to your stubborn Pawpa and your mom and told them what I was up to and cleared a few things up about there refusal to tell you about me and you royal heritage. They had a lot to say but all has been forgiven and arrangements have been made to have them brought to the castle when you come to visit.” She said as she straightened up and summoned a cucumber sandwich from a nearby tray and taking a dainty bite before smiling at Eric giving him time to respond and when he made no movement to say anything she decided to get down to business.

“Well I guess I owe you a little explanation of the past in order for you to understand the current events of the present. I was born the Princess of Denmark my father was the King of Denmark and married my mother in an arranged marriage set down by there parents before them. My father was a squib and so it came as a surprise that after my birth I was found to have the gift of magic. So after a royal upbringing I was later sent after coming of magical age to a private magical institute in the states. There I learned everything I needed to know about magic and the world hidden within the world. It was there in the states that I met your father grandfather working in a little hunting shop, that was before his father got into the the oil business. He was charming and sweet and I loved him greatly and so every year we would meet on the weekends and when we could not meet we would write each other. Then in my last year of school we took our love to the next level and the result was your mother.” she said before taking a few more bites and washing them down with her tea before moving on.

“You can imagine the scandal that caused for my father to have a royal princess knocked up by a poor American boy but we did not care we where in love and to us that was all that mattered. Of course your pawpa had every desire to marry me and to raise your mother with me and after a huge fight my mother talked your great grandfather to allow me a few years with your pawpa but as soon as I graduated from muggle college then I would be forced to return and take up my rightful place on the throne beside my parents. So I had six beautiful year with your mother and pawpa before I was forced to returned and take up the responsibility of my station. Each summer I was allowed one month to visit as granted by father however the rest of the world did not know of my predicament until more recently.

I watched your mother grow up and when she was old enough I told her the truth and it went sour after I told her that she would be force to join me on the the throne and so she told me that she wanted me to never show my face around her or her family again. You were only five then and so I did what I was asked to do and your Pawpa and mother came up with the story of my death.” She finished as tears rolled down not only her face but his own as well as the truth came to light. Though there was more to the story and some parts that was not touched on Eric got the drift of the story.

“I am speechless...” Eric said as he stood and ran his massive hands down his face before putting them behind his head as he took in all the information that he had received before he spoke up again. He took a quick sip of his tea as he sat back down and grabbed several sandwiches as he realized he was starving. “So what now? I am a Prince... what does that entail exactly?” he said as he waved his hands around with his mouth half full.

“Well you will be called to the castle in a week or so and there you will have to go through the motions and the legalities and then once that you will be given the title of Prince and will of course gain all the responsibilities of that title. In the case of my death you will be named successor to the throne, you will not have to deal with the politics of the office as it will be the responsibilities of the Prime minister and Parliament to deal with all of that.” she said with a smile as she looked at her watch and drew her wand and began to clean up.

“Okay... I will do it as long as I retain my free will and privacy!” Eric said as he watched as all of the dishes land in the woman’s bag as she replaced her wand and stood up and head toward the door. He followed as he zipped up his hoodie. She stood in the door and gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“I am glad that we have be reunited and as for your privacy you shall have it my sweet little prince and we shall met very soon and I hope I will get to meet this charming boyfriend to have snagged such a wonderful man . I am so proud of you!” She said as with that she turned on the spot and was gone and Eric turned to call Fabian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back