The Rogers' New Zealand Home

Anne Rogers

OOC First Name
Pat
newzealandhome.jpg

Anne stood in the fireplace looking into her living room, "The things that girl makes me do." She thought as she lifted a handful of green powder. "The Rogers' New Zealand Home!" She shouted as she threw the powder into the fireplace.

After a few moments of swirling through fireplace after fireplace, she landed at the, growingly, familiar scene of her New Zealand home. Stepping out of the fire place she stood on the mat and patted herself off and started to sweep any ash back into the fire place.

After cleaning up slightly she ventured on into the house. Putting on the kettle for some tea. "Gerry!" She shouted. "Where you at?" She called.

Gerard was upstairs in Patricia's room, Well soon to be room. he corrected himself. For only having the house a few days, he and his family, bar Patricia, had nearly the whole house decorated and the essentials were unpacked and put away to their proper places.

He heard a noise downstairs and the voice of his wife followed. "I'm in scoot's room Anne. I'm nearly finished." She shouted. Putting the paint brush into the bucket once again.

Anne heard he husband's voice come from upstairs. "OK, I'll be up in a few." She moved around the kitchen, something that was all too natural to her, after been a chef for nearly 20 years of her life. As the kettle boiled Anne made her and her husband a few sandwiches for lunch.

She started to rumage though the bags that she had taken with her, hopefully nothing broke, but she had gotten used to the flu network by now, she was sure everything was fine. Finding the container she wanted she started to cut a few slices of her chocolate cheesecake and placed them on the plate too. Once the tea was made she made her way upstairs.

Entering Patricia's room she set the tray on the floor. "Hi Gerry." She said, giving her husband a small kiss on the cheek. "Come on, lunch is ready. We'll finish this soon." She said puling his arm down to the floor beside her, "Look I made your favorite." She teased pointing to the cheesecake.

Gerard listened to his wife down the stairs. Upon hearing the noise of the kettle he figured she was making lunch. Oh goodie, I'm starved he thought, upon hearing his stomach rumble.

Turning up the radio, at the only decent country music channel he could find, he started to hum to the song that came on. He continued to paint until Anne came upstairs with the lunch. After a few minutes he heard Anne coming up the stairs. He could smell chocolate, Oh she made her cheesecake! he thought happily.

"Hey hunny." He said returning her kiss. Putting the brush down he sat beside her on the floor and started to pour the tea and grabbed a sandwich. "So the place is started to look good, isn't it?" He asked.

Pouring herself a cup of tea Anne looked around the room, "It's look great. Tishy will love it." She said beaming.

After lunch was finished Anne and Gerard had the room painted within the hour.

"So we need to start moving the things in. We should have Patricia here, I'm sure her magic would come in handy here." Anne said with a laugh.

Gerard smiled, "Yeah, I hope she does." He said as he started to eat his lunch. It was nice to sit back and relax, good music, good company, good weather. In no time at all the lunch was finished and it was back to the painting.

In no time at all the painting was done. Laughing at his wifes comment he said, "Oh I know. Well I'm going home home and change. Will you and Joe be OK to start moving things in?" He asked.

After gathering the things Anne took over with her, Gerard bid her goodbye and left her and Joe to start the moving.

As Anne helped to clear up for Gerard returning home she said, "We'll be fine. You and Chris won't be that long." She said with a smile. Giving him another kiss on the cheek she said, "See you shortly." When he was gone Anne went to look for Joe.

"Joe! Where are you?" She asked, going back upstairs to his bedroom.

Joe was sitting out in the back garden, staying away from the house. Even though it was over a year in the planning now he still wasn't happy that Patricia was getting all this attention, a new house in a completely different continent, was stretching it a bit far, or so Joe thought.

From inside the house he heard his mother calling him. Sighing he got up and entered the house, the smell of suit filled the kitchen, "Dad's gone. Lucky him." He thought. "What mum?" He called.

Rosaline had heard that she and Gaspard had new neighbors so she decided that would greet them to the neighborhood, she really didn't have much else to do. She didn't have any plans with Chav tonight o it was fine. to do what ever she pleased. She only hoped that they weren't muggles. Disgusting creatures they are, Rosaline thought as she apparated the the neighbors front steps. She had gotten them a muggle gift basket filled with a bunch of small tools that helped muggles move into a new house, she really didn't have a clue what any of these things were so she would base if it was actually useful or not on their reaction.

She rang the door bell curiously, she almost jumped with surprise when she heard the bell. Everytime she heard one it scared her. Rosaline blushed slightly but quickly covered it up with a sheepish smile after she hid her wand into the sleeve of her cloak.

((Ohh hahaha, your a comedian aren't you :p ))

"Coming now mum." Joe said when his mother told him to come upstairs and help move things into Pat's room.

Half way up the stairs he heard the door bell. "I'll get it." He said enthusiastically, anything was better than doing some work. Joe made his way over to the door and opened.

On the doorstep he saw a young woman, no older than him. "Hello." He said to the girl. "Can I help you?" He asked, remembering to keep his manners. He hoped she wasn't lost, he barely knew this place, it was all too new to him.

[course love]

She flashed the younger boy an awkward smile and said, "Hello." She paused for a second then continued, "I'm your neighbor and I'd thought I'd welcome you to the neighborhood." She looked down at the gift basket and said, "Oh um this is for uh you." She couldn't help but think that this boy was too young to live in a house as extravagant as hers but then again she had gotten married when she was about his age so it wasn't much of a difference was it?

Joe looked at the girl as she paused for a moment, Wow, this is awkard. When the girl give him a basket he took it, "Thank you very much. It's nice to meet you." He said, to his new neighbour

"I'm Joseph, by the way. But you can call me Joe." He said setting the basket on the table an holding out his hand.

"Do you, um, want to come in?" He said, opening the door out a bit more, showing the inside of the house,

Rosaline smiled awkwardly once more then said, "A pleasure I'm sure.. I'm Rosaline." But you can call me Rosaline, she thought with an eye roll then she shrugged her shoulders inwardly and said, "Um sure.." I've got nothing better to do. She smiled at Joseph, she felt so out of place now.

Joe smiled as Rosaline came in as he closed the door behind her he said, "Come on though to the kitchen." He said walking though the corridor. "You have to excuse the suit, dad just left." He said pointing to the fire place.

Making sure the seats were clean he inclined to one for Rosaline to sit on, "Would like anything to drink? Or mum just finished lunch there maybe something left in the fridge." He said, not really sure what to say or do.

Rosaline followed the boy in and she smirked when she saw the fireplace and said, "Oh so you aren't a muggle, lovely, I find it difficult to talk to those... things." She made a facial expression that showed her indifference towards muggles then she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh I'm fine thank you." She sat down on a seat then asked nicely but not too nice as she didn't know Joseph's blood, "So where are you from originally?"

Joe looked at Rosaline funny, What did she just say? he covered the reaction on his face by turning to get a drink out of the fridge.

Muggle, muggle, muggle, what did Pat say thay were? he thought quickly. Then he remembered. A knot of fear appeared in his stomach. If she hates muggles sshe must be one of those pure things Pat mentioned, OK keep it cool he thought.

Turning round his laughed slightly as he took a drink, hoping that was the end of the subject, "Oh we live in Ireland, but my family has german and french decents." He said, hoping that was worthy enough, even though it was true.

Just then his mum came in, Oh god, don't let her say anything silly he thought as the two girls talked.

Anne was upstairs sitting on Patricia's bed waiting for Joe so they could move it. Where is that boy? she thought. Getting frustrated she went down stairs. She heard talking coming from the kitchen, they couldn't be back already. she thought.

Going into the kitchen she saw a young girl sitting there talking to Joe, "Oh hello." She said slightly of guard. "Joe you didn't say we had guests." She said shotting him a glare, "Nice to meet you. I'm Anne. You must be one of our new neighbours?" She asked.

Rosaline raised her eye brows at Joseph's reaction then bit her lip anxiously, Oh god, of all the neighbors to ever have I've got a muggle one that can use the flu network. She furrowed her brow curiously, and a crease appeared between them as she thought, How can a muggle use flu? That's against the law. Perhaps I should obliviate his memory.

She nodded her head at the boys answers then looked over at the woman that just joined them, she flashed her an awkward smile and said, "Hello Anne, I'm Rosaline Jenane, I live just next door." With my dreadful brother in law. She bit her lip as she thought, Damn it how do I deal with these muggles? They obviously know something about the wizarding world, maybe they have a family member that is a wizard or witch, maybe it's Joseph's father and he is a squib or something. She looked down feeling quite bewildered by this all, she didn't know how to deal with any of this.

Anne smiled at the girl. "Hello Rosaline. It's nice to finally meet someone. So have you lived her long?" She asked, maybe she could finally get some insight of this strange place.

Anne suddenly felt some tension between Rosaline and Joe, What did he say now? she thought. Anne looked over at the fireplace where her husband stood no more than ten minutes ago, going over quickly she started to clean it up, "So sorry for the mess. My husband just left to collect somethings from our home back in Ireland." She explained quickly, brusing away the soot.

Rosaline shook her head at Anne's question then said, "Only a few months." She smiled at the women then she shook her head and said, "Oh it's not a problem, I'm just wondering how a muggle could use flu, would you mind explaining?" She raised her eye brows and crossed her arms against her chest after letting her wand slip into her hand exposing that she was a witch, she was quite tempted to obliviate their memory of this so the wizarding community was safe.

Anne smiled sweetly and give a nod. As Anne finally finished clearing the soot away, she stood up, catching a glimpse of her wand, she listened to her question, Oh God, Tishy warned us about this. "Oh it's really very simple, you grab a handful of this green powder, stand in the fire place, and say where where you want to go." She said with a smile, trying to hid her true feelings of fear.

Rosaline scoffed slightly and said, "Oh dear dear woman, you are mistaken, I know how to use flu, you shouldn't know how to use it, you are a muggle after all." Rosaline cringed unintentionally clearly showing her distaste for the woman's kind.

Anne stared at the girl, with a smug look on her face, wondering what her next move would be. Anne waited a moment, wondering how to retort to the girl's responce, "And why on Earth would make you think I was a muggle?" She asked, as if offended. She wondered how long she could kept this going.

"Oh you aren't a muggle, then let's see you apparate, you could be unfortunate enough to have given birth to a squib," Rosaline said with a sickly fake smile then she sighed gently as she waited for the muggles response. The nerve on these muggles, she thought coldly.

Anne sighed, this girl will never stop will she "So what if I'm a muggle?" She spat. "I have every right to be here, and use the flu network when and if I please." She said "Especially in my own home." She added, becoming more and more aggrivated now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back