Closed The Roar of the Belly Beast

Issac thinks for a moment for what his favourite pizza topping is. "That's kinda difficult because I love pizza," Issac says while he strokes his chin, to make it look like he was thinking. "But I'll have to go with Ham and cheese," Issac says after a while of thinking. Issac thinks again when Scott asks him if he thinks that they have been here too long. "I'm not actually sure," Issac says with a shrug. He looks towards Scott. "What do you think?" Issac asks Scott as he takes a quick bite of a piece of chocolate.

Scott laughed at the boy's dilemma but nodded with his final decision. "Ham and cheese sounds good." He said with a smile. It was hard to say if they had been there too long since the feeling of time passing varies solely based on if you are having a good time or not. Scott had been enjoying himself so for all he knew hours had passed or only a few minutes. He looked around the room and the pile of food, he would think it had been at least an hour. "I say we've at least been here an hour. We spent some time looking for food and then eating it. Besides, it's been enough time for my belly to get full." He pointed out.

Issac nods when Scott mentions that he thinks they have have been here for at least an hour. It did feel like an hour, but who knew when you couldn't find a clock anywhere. "Are any of your parents a wizard or witches?" Issac asks as he munches on more chocolate. He knew he was eating a lot of chocolate. but he could never say no to chocolate. It was one of his weaknesses.

Had Issac asked that question any sooner, Scott might have frozen up, afraid to tell the truth about his family. The last hour or so they had spent together, made him find companionship in his conversations with Issac. "No. My mom isn't magical for sure, but the last time I saw my dad I was three, I doubt he is magical. My mom said she didn't know anything about magic." Scott shrugged. He didn't know whether it was better to hope that his father was magical or to not want to be anything like his father. "What about you?"

Issac nods, he thinks that Scott had frozen up? He wasn't sure. "I'm sorry if that question made you uncomfortable or anything," Issac says apologetically. "Well, my father is a wizard, whereas my mum is a muggle. Meaning that she isn't a wizard" Issac says with a smile. "But that's okay, every wizard's family is different" Issac says with a shrug. "Do you have a goal or anything you want to accomplish before you finish your seven years in Hogwarts?" Issac asks as he moves onto eating a doughnut, oh my god, this doughnut is so yummy' Issac thinks to himself.

Scott shook his head. "No, it's okay. I just never know if somebody thinks its a bad thing or not." He shrugged. "What's it like to have one magical parent and one non-magical?" Scott felt more relaxed knowing that Issac didn't seem to care what his family history was. "I just want to learn more about all the magic stuff. I don't really have a goal or anything like that yet." His whole world just changed, everything was one step at a time.

Issac smiles thankfully towards Scott, knowing he didn't hurt his feelings or anything. "Well, it can be a bit crazy sometimes. My dad loves learning about the muggle world, he sometimes hurts himself because he manages to use the easiest muggle technology wrong." Issac says with a laugh, as he takes a bite of chocolate. "My mum loves everything about the wizarding world and would read up as much of the wizarding world as possible. They both encourage my siblings and me to experience both the muggle and wizarding world" Issac smiles, he was grateful that his parents had no problems with each other's worlds. "Oh, that's cool! My goal is to try out for the quidditch team. But I'm probably gonna wait a year or two to try out" Issac says with a smile as he takes another bite of chocolate.

Scott thought Issac's family sounded nice and what he imagined normal families were like. Despite being told by his mom several times that they were a normal family 'whatever that means'. "I live with my mom and grandma, back in Lower Hutt. I don't have any siblings." He thought it was neat Issac had siblings. "Your family sounds nice," Scott said with a smile, taking another drink of milk. "I'll cheer for you on the stands. I don't like the idea of getting on a broom. Besides, the broom doesn't even like to respond to me." He said with a shrug.

Issac smiles at Scott. "Thanks mate! I mean it's cool having siblings and all, but they can really get on your nerves sometimes. My sister, she babies me a lot and it gets annoying" Issac says as he rolls his eyes and shrugs. Issac imagined the idea of Scott cheering him on when he plays Quidditch. "Wow! That's nice of you!" Issac says with a big smile. "I understand," Issac says, as he takes yet another bite of chocolate and smiles at Scott.

The house-elves of Hogwarts didn't always enjoy confrontation, even when it came to the youngest of students, so when one of them had heard noises in the kitchens, it had brought it to Katherine's attention. The Headmistress took the elfs hand in hers, and with a pop, the woman was suddenly stood by the entrance to the large room. The light of her wand illuminated the entirety of its interior with her sudden materialisation out of thin air, and her stern eyes locked onto the two boys helping themselves to the castle's food supply, like a sounder of swine. "Good evening." She spoke with a faux-smile, but her tone suggested she was far from pleased. "Ten house points to either one of you, if you can recall the rules about the kitchen, as very clearly stated during the start of year feast." She continued, waving her wand as she spoke. At once, the food and drink the two boys were indulging themselves in vanished into thin air, leaving them with nothing. "Anyone?"

While eating a doughnut, Issac felt someone had in and realised it was the Headmaster. He had dropped his doughnut it shock. He was not going to lie, he was absolutely scared. She had then asked them what the rules about going into the kitchens, as the food in front of them disappeared. "I'm sorry, I forgot. It was my fault Headmaster!" Issac said quickly in fright. "I had forgotten about that rule, and I absolutely begged Scott to come with me until he finally said yes. So, please don't blame him, blame me" Issac said very quickly with fright. He didn't want to go home on his first year of Hogwarts. He didn't want to get his new friend in trouble and for them to be sent home, so he was obviously going to take the blame because that's who he is.

Scott's eyes widen as the headmistress appeared, cutting their conversation short. His cheeks flushed bright red with embarrassment. Issac was quick to take the blame and it made Scott feel warm, but there was no way he would let his new friend take the fall and lie. He had been without magic before, if he has to go without magic again, it will be okay. "I'm sorry," Scott said softly, looking at the ground. "I wanted to come, I was hungry." He was worried about the punishment. Scott nervously scratched behind his ear.

"Headmistress." Katherine corrected the boy who spoke up first, her lips a thin line. Neither of them chose to correctly recall her words, instead relying on apologies, and she shook her head to herself. "Pity. If you had taken the opportunity I gave you to answer the question, you may well have saved either one of your houses a significant point loss. As it stands, the two of you will be losing twenty points each." She stated, looking at them each in turn. Too many students were of the mentality to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, and that would not do. "Did you also forget about curfew, Mr Jacobs? I'm starting to wonder if there are any rules you haven't forgotten in the incredibly short time you've been at this school. Perhaps you are in need of a reminder? One you won't forget so soon. Did either of you boys think to wash your hands before taking it upon yourselves to handle the food in the kitchen?" The woman paused for a bit, though not long enough to allow them any time to actually answer. She wasn't interested in further excuses. There was plenty for everyone to eat during dinnertime, and absolutely no need to steal from the house-elves in the middle of the night. "Because of your selfish choices to contaminate the school's food supply, neither of you will be allowed dessert for the duration of the week. Tomorrow after supper, and no later, the two of you will immediately head back here to serve detention. You will be assisting the house-elves by washing each and every students plate, by hand, until it is sparkling clean. If you ever take food without permission again, your punishment will be far more severe. Have I made myself perfectly clear?"

Issac looks down to his feet with disappointment and embarrassment. He was so much trouble and his parents would be so disappointed in him. He nods his head in shame and understands when the Headmistress tells them their punishment. He should seriously listen instead of being full of himself like always.

Scott felt incredibly stupid and embarrassed after listening to the headmaster. He looked sheepishly towards Issac who was looking at his feet. I already lost points for my house. Turning his attention back to the headmistress. I hope everybody won’t hate me now. Yes m’am. I understand.” Scott said, cheeks bright red. He wondered if his mom would find out about it and hoped she wouldn’t be too disappointed in him. Scott wasn’t looking forward to no dessert and cleaning dishes, but the punishment felt fair. On the bright side, he would get to spend more time with Issac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back