OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Scott Baker wasn't one for breaking curfew and he sure wasn't one for trying to get into trouble. Tonight, was an exception, tonight he was awoken to the monstrous rumble of the beast within his belly. He had been so overwhelmed thinking about his classwork that he didn't eat much before dinner was over. Scott clutched his robe, it was chilly in the lower levels of Hogwarts. He quietly crept around the corner of the hall and into the kitchens.

With a deep sign of relief, Scott relaxed his shoulders and unclenched his jaws. He was alone for what he could tell and just had to find something to snack on. Scott stepped carefully through the kitchen where he spotted some shelving. He started making his way to the shelves, dreaming of all the delicious possibilities. Perhaps there would be delectable donuts covered in powder sugar or even a satisfying savory pot roast. The creaking sound of the kitchen door opening snapped Scott out of his food-filled fantasies. Oh no, I've been caught. Scott looked around quickly for somewhere to hide, he didn't want to have to explain his hunger. He hid behind an island of preparation counters. As footsteps entered the room, he held his breath.

Scott hoped his stomach would remain quiet long enough for him to escape the kitchen. He held one hand over his mouth and the other across his middle. Grrrr. Grumble. His stomach rumbled, surely giving away his location. Scott scratched the side of his neck and flinched his eyes closed in nervousness.

Issac had woken up from his sleep. He had decided to go to bed early due to how tired he was. After a while of laying in bed after waking up, his stomach had rumbled a little and was in dying need of food right now. He had decided to slowly creep out of the dorm room he was sleeping in and quietly out of the common room. Thankfully he wasn't caught by anyone.

Slowly but quietly, he made it to the kitchen for his midnight snack. He opened the door slowly, but it had made more of a creek sound than he wanted it to be. He turned around to make sure no one had followed him. He continued to walk into the kitchens and close the door slightly so it was opened a jar. As he walked towards the shelves filled with what he thought would be of sweet treats. he heard a rumble or something. He thought it was his own stomach, but realised it wasn't. 'Is someone else here?" Issac thought to himself as he looked around the kitchen. "Hello?" Issac said just above a whisper, slightly frightened of what may come out.

Scott could feel every pound of his heartbeat as he waited quietly in the dark. A voice whispered hello and made his stomach sink. Thinking for a moment, he realized it sounded like another student. What if it's a prefect? He wondered. No, if it was a prefect, they wouldn't whisper. Scott took a deep breath and stood up facing his new found company.

"Hello." Scott said quietly. "I was just looking for a snack." He whispered towards a Gryffindor boy who he recognized from one of his classes. A wave of relief rolled across him, the other boy was likely there for the same reason Scott was.

Last edited:
Issac sighed in relief when he realised it wasn't a monster of some kind, it was someone familiar from his classes. He smiled toward the boy. "Hey!" Issac said above a whisper, as they might be caught by someone. "Nah, it's good actually. I was just doing the same thing" Issac says quietly. Issac then walked up to the shelves to find something to eat. "Did you manage to find something here?" Issac questions, as he continued to look into the shelves for something. to eat. "I'm Issac by the way," Issac says as he looks towards the boy with a smile.

Scott was relieved to hear that the boy was indeed there for the same reasons. He followed the boy back towards the shelves and shrugged. "I hadn't gotten a good look yet. I was hoping to find some donuts." He said with a smile. "I'm Scott."

Shifting through the containers on the shelves, Scott found more fruit and baking supplies than anything else. "Any luck?" He asked Issac, hoping the other boy was lucky enough to find a yummy treat. Scott turned around and looked around on the counters, eyeing a bowl of mixed nuts. He reached in, taking a handful and putting them in his mouth. Not being the big fan of nuts, he chewed them quickly and swallowed. "There are some nuts over here. I'm going to try to find some juice." Scott said as he began to wander around looking for some juice, the nuts just made his mouth dry.

Issac turns back to Scott and smiles towards the boy. "Nice to meet yah Scott," Issac says, as his kiwi accent thickens a little. He gets back into digging into the shelves. Scott asks Issac if he had found anything. It takes him a little while to reply as he was still looking through the shelves. "Nope, not yet," Issac says with a small sigh. "Sweet! Something to drink would be nice too" Issac says with a smile, as Scott mentioned he was going to find some juice.

He then decides to go towards the pantry to see if there is anything there. He sighs in relief when he finds some yummy sweet goods. "Yes! Scott! I found some sweet stuff here!" Issac says a little bit loudly then he wanted it to, as he couldn't contain his excitement, as he points towards the stacks and stacks of cupcakes, chocolate, all the sweet sugary things you could think of.

Scott was browsing the other side of the kitchen when Issac called out that there were sweets. He got excited and ran over to look. There were chocolate cupcakes, cherry pie, and even powder sugar covered donuts! He smiled widely at the stash of sweets that was discovered. "Sweeeet," Scott remembered his mission of finding something to drink, so he took back off to the other side of the kitchen in search.

A row of chilled copper pitchers lined a shelf and Scott reached up and pulled them down one by one to see what was inside. He discovered grape juice, orange juice, apple juice, and milk. "I think I am going to go for the milk. What do you want?" Scott asked Issac from across the room. In all the excitement, he forgot about keeping his voice down.

Issac smiled and pulled out as many snacks which included chocolate, cupcakes, doughnuts and anything else he could hold and carried them to the big counter. Scott had asked what drink Issac would like. "I'll just have some milk," Issac says across the room with a smile. Issac's eyes were glittering with excitement as he saw all the sweets that he put on top of the counter. He was probably going to have a big tummy ache by the time he went through the lot of it.

Scott nodded and grabbed the pitcher of milk and looked around for a couple of cups. He grabbed a couple of clean ones from a cabinet and carried it all over to the counter Issac was at. Pouring himself a glass of milk, he passed the pitcher to Issac. "You don't think the house elves come in this late do you?" Scott asked as he reached for a donut. He took a bite into one and followed it closely by a large gulp of milk. Using his wrist as a napkin, he wiped the crumbs from his lips. He had honestly forgotten about house elves since that was still new to him.

Taking another bite, Scott's stomach began to settle a little bit. He took another sip from his glass of milk. "I should've put more snacks in my chest," Scott stated, thinking about how fast he ate the snacks he had stashed away. He had never been away from home before, not for this long, he didn't know exactly how to prepare.

Issac smiles and says a quick 'thanks' as he purs himself some milk. Once he poured himself some milk, he put the milk aside and took a gulp of his milk. He slowly took some chocolate. Issac laughs a little when Scott mentioned about his snack stash that he had on his chest. Issac took a gulp of his milk again. "So, what house are you in?" Issac says curiously, trying to make a conversation. He hoped that this could be the start of a new friendship.

"Huffml-muff" Scott said with a donut in his mouth. He took a big swallow of milk and cleared his throat. "Hufflepuff." He laughed. Scott looked at the boy curiously. "What 'bout you?" Sticking another bite of the donut into his mouth. The first time since coming to Hogwarts, Scott felt relaxed and more at home. He didn't feel like he needed to be good at magic at this moment.

Issac nods and laughs quietly when Scott first replied and it was all muffled, due to the food he had in his mouth. "I'm in Gryffindor," Issac says when the question is returned back to him. He gulped down some more milk he had and continued to finish the chocolate he had in his mouth. It was silent for a second before he cut the silence off. "Have you made any friends here yet?" Issac asks with curiosity. "I have made at least one, but he's from a different house from me," Issac says before he went a took another sip of his milk, leaving a milk moustache, which he didn't notice was there.

Scott wondered what the Gryffindor common room was like compared to Hufflepuffs. He imagines it was much redder. "Do you like it in Gryffindor?" Scott asked Isaac, wondering if he was satisfied with his house placement. His cheeks flushed red with embarrassment when Isaac asked if he had any friends. Scott had met quite a few people, but no, he hadn't truly made any friends. "I've met a lot of people." He trailed off. "I wouldn't say I am super close to anyone." Scott imagined it was probably normal for a lot of kids their first year at Hogwarts, but he had seen so many people laughing and enjoying themselves, he worried he would never make friends.

"Hey, it's alright if you haven't made any friends. No judging here! We could be friends if you want?" Issac says with a small smile. "If you ever want to hang out sometime, just ask," Issac says with a big smile "Gryffindor is alright," Issac says with a shrug. "I mean at least I can get space from my sister who would be babying me like twenty-four-seven," Issac says with a laugh. Issac nods when Scott mentions about how he has had met a lot of people. He understands what he means. "Are you enjoying it here in Hogwarts? The school is very big. Bigger than I honestly imagined" Issac says as he looks around the room. "I have even gotten lost a few times. Including tonight when I was finding my way to The Kitchens" Issac says with a chuckle. "Oh, and to answer your question earlier, I'm not really sure if the house elves come here often," Issac says with a slight shrug. "My sister did mention to me that she did sneak into the kitchens and an elf came in," Issac says with a small laugh. Issac then decided to grab a cupcake and decided to take a bite out of it. "I talk too much, I'm sorry," Issac says blushing slightly as he took another sip of his milk.

Scott smiled at Issac, it was nice knowing he would have a friend, especially one that came from a mutual love of snacks. "Yes, I'd like to be friends." He nodded excitedly. Scott didn't have any siblings, at least not any that he knew of. "What house is your sister in?" He said stuffing his face with another donut, washing it down with milk.

"You don't talk too much, don't worry." Scott attempted to reassure Issac. "What's your favorite class out of what you've taken so far?"

Issac smiles thankfully towards Scott when he mentions that he doesn't talk too much. Issac grabs a marshmallow and stuffs it into his face. It takes a while for Issac to answer Scott's question. He finally gulps the marshmallow. "My sister is actually in your house, Hufflepuff," Issac says before taking another sip of his milk and takes a bite of more chocolate. Issac thinks for a moment of what his favourite class is at the moment. "Well... I think it would either be charms or flying," Issac says after a minute of thinking. "What about you?" Issac asks before taking yet another sip of milk before realising there wasn't anymore in his cup and goes to refill his cup with some more milk.

Scott wondered if he had run into Issac's sister at some point in the common room. "Oh, that's cool. What year is she?" He asked between sips of milk. Scott thought about the classes he had taken so far. "Herbology is probably the class I am most looking forward to this semester, so far. I really like astrology, but I guess I don't take that until next semester." He had been disappointed to learn that, but still held his excitement to learn the difference between magical and non-magical astrology. Scott realized they might have been talking a little too loud. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "We should probably clean everything up when we are done. So there isn't any trace of us."

"She's in her second year," Issac says before taking a sip of his milk. "I haven't taken Herbology, yet, but it sounds fun!" Issac says with a smile. Issac's eyes widen slightly when Scott mentions about cleaning up. "That's probably a good idea" Issac nods. "Don't want to get caught while it's our first year here," Issac says with a smile before he takes a bite of a doughnut.

Scott nodded, he would have to remember to say hello to his sister if he found her. "I'm honestly pretty terrified of flying. Are you worried about it at all? Have you flown before?" He asked Issac, confiding in his new friend. Scott decided to have a handful of nuts and to eat a brownie this time. His stomach's growls were silenced, but the rumbling continued. It probably wasn't happy about all the sweets. Scott finished off his glass of milk and poured another.

"I have flown a couple of times. My siblings and I would play small games of Quidditch in our backyard" Issac says with a laugh. "I think you'll be okay there will be a teacher to help you too if you are in need of any help," Issac says as he patted Scott's shoulder, showing support. "But I mean, flying on broomsticks is just not for some people, and that's okay," Issac says with a smile and takes another sip of his milk. "What's your absolute favourite snack or food of all time?" Issac asks as he takes a small sip of his milk. He noticed that he was slowly becoming full from all that snacking.

Scott had heard of quidditch a few times now, but he still didn't quite get how it was played. He was hoping to watch the first match of the year. "I've never played quidditch. I don't quite understand how it's played." The divide between children from magical families and children from non-magical families grew more evident to him each day at school. He hoped this would not put him at a disadvantage. "My favorite food of all time is pot roast." Scott was a huge fan of it and could eat it for every meal. "What about you?"

Issac nods smiling. "That's okay!! Its honestly a really cool wizarding sports" Issac says with a smile. Issac thought that Scott's favourite food choice was quite interesting. He had never heard people say that pot roast was their favourite and that was okay. "Well... that's very difficult because I absolutely love all kinds of food." Issac said, before taking a sip of the rest of his milk. "If I really had to choose it would possibly be pizza," Issac says dreamily. Issac just loved food in general and could possibly eat anything.

Scott smiled, feeling more relaxed. "Pizza is a good choice, so many different types. You could have pizza for every meal and never have the same kind twice." He thought although days consisting of just types of pizza seemed rather routine. "For breakfast, you could have breakfast pizza on croissant dough, with eggs, bacon, and cheese dipped in mild Picante. At lunchtime, a classic pepperoni and add green peppers, garlic sauce for dipping." Scott was caught up in this idea. "And for dinner, I am thinking a buffalo chicken deep dish pizza with chocolate chip pizza for dessert."

Issac's eyes start to glitter and he drools a little as Scott talks about the Pizza. "That is very true. you can have many types of pizzas for different occasions." Issac says with a laugh as he wipes off the drool from his chin. "That's why I love pizza a lot," Issac says. As he looks around the kitchen. "What's your favourite pizza topping?" Issac questions, before taking a bite of another piece of chocolate. "Also, do you know how long we've been in here for?" Issac questions while still looking around the kitchen. He didn't want to get caught, but he did love sneaking into the kitchen for a midnight snack.

"My favorite pizza is a garlic crust with Italian sausage and jalapeno peppers," Scott said, wishing there was pizza around to eat. "What's your favorite?" He asked as he began cleaning his hands of the powdered sugar. Scott wasn't sure how long he had been in there and it sparked worry. He looked around for a clock but had trouble seeing in the dark. Scott could try casting Lumos, a spell he hadn't exactly tried yet, but read a lot about. Scott shook his head, he didn't want the light to attract attention. "Do you think we have been down here too long?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back