OOC First Name
Zach
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Professor Takuya Blaze stood at the starting line of the Y13 Hogwarts New Zealand Wheelbarrow Obstacle Course. There were going to be seven teams competing for three prizes. Some would get house points, two teams would get a trophy, and some would get both. Takuya waited as they all began to approach the starting line. He would need to talk a few things over with them all before they would be allowed to begin the race, just some basic rules and whatnot. It wouldn't take too long, it was just a necessity for any kind of event. Whether inside or outside of Hogwarts, sometimes it was even done inside of the quidditch games.

Takuya had taken care of everything that was waiting out there for the students, and now it was time for them to face them. Some wouldn't make it, some wouldn't. But the tests were there for them in order to test their skills. Takuya faced them as they stood in front of him. "Hello contestants. Please make sure to follow all of the rules that have been previously outlined, and which I hope you all read before signing up for this. You will all find the same obstacles out there, and rest assured all will face them at the same time. Once my wand shoots sparks in to the sky, you may begin." Takuya said, raising his wand into the air. Three red sparks raised into the air, and the race had begun!

Evelyn had signed up for the race by herself on a whim, nowhere near patient enough to bother asking a friend of her own. However, she was pleased to be paired up with Karah Love. While the two didn't know each other personally, they were fellow Gryffindors not too far apart in age, so surely they would gel just fine. Tying her cherry red hair securely out of her vision, Eve bounced energetically as she gathered near Professor Blaze. Before he spoke, she turned quickly to Karah. As they'd only been teamed up on the day, it wasn't like they'd had a chance to prepare or practise like other groups probably had. "I'm younger, right? Should I be the wheelbarrow?" Evelyn was on the shorter end of the height spectrum, which probably made her a tad lighter, as well as less length to maneuver. As the instructions came to an end, she crouched down on hands and knees, ready for Karah to take her ankles. With the whizzing sound of sparks reaching her ears, Eve scrambled forwards on only the palms of her hands. She began to develop a monotonous rhythm, the inner chant of 'left and right and left and right and' growing faster and more steady.

Briar made her way down to the lawn, it was the wheelbarrow race and she was the wheelbarrow. she had tied her long dreads in a not so that they wouldn't get into her face and she had her wand tucked in a pocket that she could easily get to if she needed it for an obstacle. she went to the starting point and looked out over the track, there didn't see any obstacles but she guessed that they would appear once the race had started. she lay down and got ready for her sister to take her ankles. she was glad that her shoulder had healed well after the bludger incident as this would have not been an easy race for her. once the contestants lined up she waited for the race to begin. soon she saw some red sparks and felt movement behind her. she started running as fast as she could on her hands. left right left right left right. to some frantic internal rhythm. she was glad that she had practiced wheelbarrowing with her sister the other week she they knew each others ability.

Karah had to admit, she was a little hurt that Michael had chosen to be partners with some new friend instead of her but the young Gryffindor thought that perhaps it was her chance to spread out and meet new people she she signed up as a single entry, much preferring this to the option of asking Ezra to be hers as he had made things very strange between them after kissing her. But Karah didn't have time to think of that, she had to meet her partner, Evelyn, at the obstacle course so she changed into a pair of shorts and a loose fitting top and put her curled red hair into a pony tail before making her way over quickly.

Karah smiled as she saw Evelyn and said, "Hi." As the younger girl suggested that she be the wheelbarrow, she nodded. "Sounds good, I'd probably fumble over my arms anyhow." Shortly after this was decided she grabbed Eve's ankles and when three red sparks shot ahead of them she moved with the girl as quickly as they both could go.

Madlyn already there, greeted her sister with a quick hello. She was glad to see she was doing well, the nurses at the hospital wings are always there to help when you need them. "Ready for the race?" she wrapped her hair in a tight bun and wore a maroon color head band to keep it out of the way. Briar would be easily lifted, but Madlyn would have to couch down a little. Not worrying, Madlyn took Briar's ankle, the deputy professor did his little announcement and the race began! Madlyn started to run with Briar's guidance. "Come on Briar ! Woot we can do this together" she shouted at her sister some encouragement words !

After greeting Olive, Jeremy stood next to his partner, who was thankfully another fifth year. He didn't know her very well, but he'd at least shared a couple of classes with her and thought that things wouldn't be too awkward between them. Dressed in his oldest and most comfortable pair of jeans and an old ratty sweatshirt, the fifth year Ravenclaw was ready to have a nice time. With a smile, Jeremy spoke. "So, Olive...I guess I'm going to hold you up?" he asked, figuring that it made the most sense. He was a bit on the tall and gangly side, and he wasn't sure Olive would be able to hold him up. As the sparks flew into the air from Professor Blaze's wand, Jeremy hoped they would be able to sort their positions quickly and get going.

Dannii walked down from the great hall to the lawn with Justin hand in hand. The couple had thought it would be fun to sign up for the race because neither had been it the ones before. "You ready to kick some ass?" Dannii asked laughing. She looked around and it seemed that she was the oldest one here. Okay maybe I shouldn't act too competitive. she thought noticing a first year. It was going to be hard to fight her competitive side but today was just for fun. When Professor Blaze began to explain the race Dannii got down on her hands and knees and waited for Justin to grab her legs. As soon as the sparks went into the air she began moving as fast as she could on her hands hoping she wouldn't fall face first into the ground.

Justin and Dannii walked down to the site of the Wheelbarrow Race, both holding the others hand. They had agreed together that it would be fun in order to try an event such as this, for they had both seen it happen before, they had just never had the chance to give it a try. Justin and Dannii took their positions at the starting line, and awaited Professor Blaze to begin the race. As Dannii got down on her hands and prepared to become the Wheelbarrow, Justin took her ankles in his hands and began running as the sound of sparks whizzed through the air. It was going to be a fun race.

Azolla Loncar walked alongside Michael, talking strategy playfully as if this was more than just something that might be fun. She wasn't even sure if there was a prize so she would hardly take it seriously but she couldn't help but be anxious when they approached the group and saw much older students, some she saw enter Amaryllis' classes after they separated until their next meal. The first year flashed a smile at her friend and said, "We are going to pown these newbies and go get some cake, right?" She chuckled as she got onto the ground into a confident position before raising one leg to Michael and then the other before turning her head back briefly with a bright smile before looking back and moving as quickly as her arms would take her without falling once the red sparks shot into the air.

Michael was fairly nervous for a boy who was going along to a wheelbarrow obstacle course. In his mind he knew that it wasn't a serious competition and that the stakes were not incredibly high, but this would be the first event that he had not participated in with Karah. Something about this was nagging in the back of his mind, and as soon as he spotted the red head his stomach lurched forward, he was barely able to take in what the brunette was saying as she skipped alongside him. "Ah, yeah, that sounds great" he responded, rather dismissively. He could not place why he felt so utterly guilty for pairing with Azolla, he liked her and they were friends, in fact she was the only other friend he had besides Karah, perhaps that was the reason. Azolla was so chirpy and funny, she seemed a mystery to him which he loved about her and she was as cute as a pumpkin pie. But as he lined up and took Azolla's ankles in his hands he shot a mournful and apologetic look aross to Karah, knowing that if they had been paired together she would have made a joke about him being so small that he should be the wheelbarrow. Shaking his head to himself he watched the flashes of red and took off, making sure his hands held his Slytherin friend strongly and safely.

Olive had woken up late that morning. Her exhaustion was evident but nothing that too much caffeine couldn't fix, and the normally easily excitable Prefect was about to get hyper. Greeting Jeremy in a very chipper voice, Olive brushed some fluff off of the tights that were under her short shorts (or rather, denim stubbies) and flashed a million-gigawatt grin at her partner. "Sounds good to me!"

Nothing could go wrong. Absolutely nothing. Almost bouncing with excitement, the Hufflepuff almost missed the sparks flying. "Shoot!" she exclaimed, getting into position and grinning around at the other contestants. This was a pleasant change of scenery from the common room and Olive was going to make the most of it.

As the contestants began to work their way through the Obstacle Course that had been set out in order to try and thrwart them, it was El Obstacola, that lay in wait for them. It looked different to all of them, but sounded the same to all of them. He raised his arm, in order to stop them from moving on in the race. It was time for it self to show itself to all of them, and for them to try their hands at solving it's first riddle.

"One of four
Bloodline pure
History and secrets
I buried them low and deep

Listened
Spoke
Disagreed
Left

If you heard me speak
You may not understand
But the last words your hear
Were my sole command

I left behind
My virtues; my beliefs
And one day
My work will be finished

Who am I?"

El Obstacola presented it's riddle, and none were able to move past him until it had been solved.

OOCOut of Character:

Okay. The first person to post after this must roleplay solving the riddle, and nobody else can move forward in the race until I have told you whether it's correct, or incorrect. If you are wrong, you must wait until it is solved, and three more posts have passed, and then you may continue. Zach is the only person who knows the answer to the riddles, so naturally his character cannot answer them.

Just an extra note: you can post as many times as you want, you don't have to stick to one post at a time.

Karah stopped with Eve abruptly when they came across the first obstacle and she listened to the riddle thinking back before looking at Eve before returning her gaze and blurting out, "Salazar Slytherin!" She felt confident in her answer but her palms were a little shaky as she waited for a response, hoping that she and Eve could go past.

As the first person to approach El Obstacola paused to think, and then answer the question, it was watching her carefully. She seemed nervous, but as she answered she tried to seem sure of herself. She did this well, and she got her team past the first obstacle. "You may pass." El Obstacola announced.

OOCOut of Character:
All teams may now continue with the race. Karah Love, and Evelyn Mosca may not answer the next riddle.

As the obstacle appeared before them, Eve let out a surprised squeak. What the heck was that.. thing? She turned her head to see if Karah had the riddle figured out. It was pretty obvious, but Eve didn't want to blurt it out if her teammate disagreed. However, that was not the case, as Karah yelled out the correct answer, allowing them to continued. "Heck yes, girl power!" she joked, returning to her frantic movements as the wheelbarrow.

Justin watched as the team of younger Gryffindor's had beaten him to the first obstacle, and had correctly solved it. They deserved credit, and he'd give it where credit was due! They'd done a very good job. But as he and Dannii progressed through the race, he knew that there would only be a limited number of obstacles, but what really mattered was who got over the finish line first. "Let's keep going Dannii!" Justin said, pushing on through the race.

Jeremy waited to grab hold of Olive's legs, and when she was ready, they were off. They weren't in front, not yet anyway, but Jeremy was certain that they could do it. They were both fifth years after all and he was certain their combined strength and height had to be good for something. Jeremy also couldn't stomach the idea of being beaten by any first years. He'd already suffered a loss in quidditch. He simply couldn't lose again. "Off we go then" he said easily.

Azolla rushed over with Michael but groaned when someone else got to the answer before they had so when everyone was let through she moved as fast as she possibly could, hoping that she and Michael could win but really cake was all she wanted.

Briar ran as fast as she could on her hands and reached the first obstical quickly however the riddle had her a little baffled, maybe it was because it was hard, or maybe it was because she had a rush of blood in her head that mede it hard for her to think. the answer salasar Slytherin was just at the front of her mind when another team answered it and the obstacle disappeared. "going okay?" she called back to her sister hopeing that she wasn't to low down for her. as she continues down the path wondering what the next obstacle would be.

OOCOut of Character:
sory i thought i was ont Briars account and not Taras :doh: :shy:

"Yeah everything okay" Madlyn kept on stepping holding Briar up. "That was a good one, very clever how they do this" she shut up after and kept it going. Left, right, left, right and march on. Next one they will have to get, Madlyn was determine to get the next question.

Dannii was completely caught off guard by the riddle. Damn why couldn't this have involved spells? she thought. If it was physical obstacles she would have no problems, but riddles would slow her down. She hoped that Justin being in Ravenclaw would help but he didn't seem like he was going to speak anytime soon. As soon as one of the Gryffindors got the riddle they were off again.

Relieved that her arms were strong enough, Olive did her half of the job. But the grin from before was replaced with a grimace, as another team made it to the first obstacle before them. The clue was solved and the pair were off again, Olive's determination to get ahead even stronger. She wanted to win.

Jeremy couldn't see the look of determination on her face, but he could tell that Olive was just as ready as he was to get ahead of everyone else and get to the next obstacle first. If it was another riddle, he was fairly confident he'd be able to solve it easily. He was a Ravenclaw after all. To him, it was just a matter of getting there first. Shifting his grip on Olive's ankles, Jeremy shook away the pain that was creeping into his shoulders and urged himself forward.

El Obstacola decided that it was time for it to pop it's head into the race again. The last riddle had been too easy for them all, so it would pose to them one of a harder nature. Once again the obstacle changed it's appearance, so that it looked different to everyone once again. Nobody would suspect that it was really El Obstacola that was presenting all the obstacles to them, they would think it was more then one thing. As the magical barrier appeared behind it, it raised its arm to stop the contestants.

"First think of the person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies

Next, tell me what's always the last thing to mend,
The middle of middle and end of the end?

And finally give me the sound often heard
During the search of a hard-to-find word.

Now string them together, and answer me this,
What creature would you be unwilling to kiss?"

El Obstacola stood there, looking at the contestants expectantly. It waited for a response.

OOCOut of Character:
Same rules as last time. First poster answer the riddle, nobody else can post until I tell you whether the answer is correct, if it's correct the race continues as normal. Evelyn Mosca, Karah Love, and Justin Cliffeton may not attempt the riddle.

Michael rushed along with Azolla tightly in his grasp. As he reached the next obstacle he listened carefully, Karah had guessed the first one and he felt as though he had something to prove to her. His mind worked quickly as he took in the riddle, and he smiled brightly, he knew the answer! He stopped for a brief moment, "A spider!" he called out, he was almost certain his answer was correct. Now he had to wait for confirmation. His glance caught Karah's and he wondered if Azolla knew that he was staring at the red head. He missed her terribly, he didn't know why, did he really like her, or was he simply guilty for blowing her off. Whatever it was he did not want to find out just yet. He had an obstacle course to compete in and a small Slytherin girl to carry along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back