The night is darkest just before the dawn.

Mike Gray

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Mike made his way down, not expecting anyone else to be up at this time. Mike grabbed his scarlet streak, and crept out of his dorm down to the common room as so not to wake anyone up. Im sure they wouldn't appreciate itMike thought to himself whilst he left the common room. Mike made his way to the Quidditch Pitch, just able to see. Mike mounted his broom and completed a few laps, warming up, so he could get some practive in without pulling any muscles.

Jaken had been up in his dorm, rather bored. Why not go down to the pitch and warm up? Grabbing his Bulgarian broom, he carefully walked out of his dorm, careful not to wake Blake and the others up. Tugging on his jacket, he made his way down to the pitch. It didn't help for him to be out after curfew, with his girlfriend as HeadGirl and his father as a professor. Observing the pitch, he noticed a younger Gryffindor boy lapping around. Grinning, he mounted his broom and flew up a bit, and called after the boy, "I take it that you cannot sleep either." Jaken had a friendly smile on his face.

"No" Mike said coming back to ground. "I know who you are, you're Professor Styx's son aren't ya?" Mike said. I know it is, I'm sure of ithe told himself. Mike had not had Professor Styx yet, he liked Herbology, and he liked having Professor Rambolt. Mike had seen him around school, but didn't know what to make of him. Only time will tell

Jaken nodded, and laughed, "Yeah, I am. Sadly, some expect me to act like him." He shook his head at the thought. He went to the boy, extending his hand and introduced himself, "Jaken Styx, sixth year Slytherin and Keeper. Who are you?" Jaken probably shouldn't tell the boy much about his father, because Kalif had a ton of secrets, and Jaken knew more than half of them. Especially, the Death Eater part.

"Mike Goulding, 3rd year Gryffindor and keeper" Mike said shaking his hand. "So do you fancy your chances against us this year, becuase I dont mean to be biased, but this is one of the strongest sides we've had, I've seen" Mike said making conversation, whilst picking up a quaffle and throwing it at him.

Jaken caught the quaffle coming at him with ease. Jaken smirked slightly, "Ah, rivals. How nice. Even my girlfriend is a keeper. Ravenclaw." He smiled, thinking of her. He shrugged, "To be honest, I have never seen Slytherin play Quidditch during my time here. My Durmstrang team was pretty advanced, but then, I was a Beater." Although, he was experienced in all positions except Chaser. Jaken threw the quaffle back at the boy named Mike.

"Oh yeah?" Mike asked, "Well I tired out for beater, but I asked to switch to Keeper and got it". "Whoah you went to Durmstrang,?" Mike asked, "You seem well too nice to be there, I dont mean it like stereotypically, but they are a moody lot durmstrang" Mike said speaking his mind, whilst catching the quaffle, in his left hand, and throwing it back at Jaken. "Did you like Durmstrang?" Mike asked him.

Jaken thought for a moment, "Well, when I was at Durmstrang, let's just say I wasn't the nicest person around. In fact...one of the meanest. But I grew up. Durmstrang is a great school, and I love it, but people here are warmer and more friendly. The people that attend Durmstrang act just like the weather. Cold and bitter." Jaken caught the quaffle. He sighed, "I wouldn't attend there again if I had the choice though." Jaken laughed a bit, before tossing the quaffle back to Mike.

"Well I'll just say, I wouldnt envy a person that attends there" Mike said, unaware, that his secret older brother had attened there a few years ago. "So, I know you've probably been asked this a few times, but isnt it weird you're Dad being a Professor here?" Mike asked, if he was in his shoes it would be. HIs Dad was the height of embarassment.

Jaken laughed, "I don't blame you. That school has a bad reputation for a reason." He recalled all of his family that went there, and the lot of them were Dark Witches and Wizards, except for Chavdar. He still did not know that he was not the only one in the family that was attending this school. They were Hadan and Austin. "Eh, I don't mind it, as long as I don't see him much." Jaken shrugged. "Except the following term, then it will get weird. I'll have him for class." Kalif and Jaken did not have the perfect relationship. In fact, Jaken recalled Kalif slamming him into a tree and then pinning him to the ground last year. It was enough to make him shudder.

"I've got him next year aswell" mike said not dreading it, but not looking forward to it at the same time."So, wanna race?" Mike asked looking for a challenge? He looked at Jaken, and awaited his answer.

Jaken laughed, "Good luck. He is very...very strict." He might as well give Mike a warning before he attended class. Jaken thought for a moment, and shrugged, "Hm, I suppose I wouldn't mind. Although, I am a bit rusty on my flying skills." He remembered last year, falling off and scraping his back did not feel good. He hoped he wouldn't be clumsy again. "You give the mark."

"Thanks for the warning, I'll take heed of it" Mike said nodding his head. "I doubt it, I haven't flown since last year either. Be like Im back in my first year flying lessons all over again" Mike said laughing. "Well then, best of 3?" Mike asked, putting his leg over his broom, "Its a race from these hoops to the one down the other end" Mike said.

Jaken grinned, feeling relieved that Mike took in his warning. He did not want to mention Kalif's frightening temper. Jaken shook his head, laughing at his own memories, "Same, sorta. Last time I flew when I was rusty, I crashed into the ground. And another...into a tree." Jaken hated revealing the memories, but it was all just a joke to him now. Jaken mounted his, and listened to the directions. "I think I get what you want to do."

"Yikes, that must of been nasty|" Mike said. "Well gladly, and thank god, I've never fallen off my broom, or collided into anythink" Mike said grinning. "On the count of 3. Ya ready? 3.2.1 Go!" Mike said and kicked off the ground.

Jaken nodded, "Yeah, but I just got back up and kept on flying...a few days or weeks later." He said the last part in a lower tone. Jaken smirked and thought, I would laugh if he collided with something while I'm out here, just because he said that. Jaken though did not want the boy to be harmed. He would never wish that on anyone. Jaken heard the countdown, and gave the boy a bit of a head start. Jaken waited two seconds before kicking off the ground, and flew next to Mike, a smile upon his face.

Mike flew ahead, noticing Jaken had not flown on the go. "Afraid you'll lose?" Mike asked jokingly, but watched as Jaken did start to fly. Mike flew, intending to reach the goalposts first, but his hands started to sweat and slip off his broom, Mike lost his balance, and fell to the ground with a thud his broom landing nearby .

Jaken was about to snap a remark back playfully, until he saw the somewhat familiar actions. Jaken muttered, "I really need to stop jinxing people." He forced his broom to stop, and fly down. Jaken jumped off the broom and bent down to see Mike on the ground. "Are you hurt, Mike?" Jaken took out his wand and accioed Mike's broom over to them. Jaken grabbed it and set it to the ground between the two of them.

"Erm I think so" Mike said nursing the back of his head. "Just lost ma grip and balance, thats all" Mike said shaking it off. "I think we should leave the race, its gets my competitivness up" Mike said grinning, wincing slightly. He had landed awkwardly on his left hand, which was now probably sprained. "I think you are a bad jinx" Mike said agreeing with him jokingly.

Jaken smiled a bit, and saw that there wasn't much damage at all. He nodded, and replied, "Yeah, and you shouldn't be racing with a sprained hand anyway. At least you didn't scrape up your back like I did." Jaken remembered how painful that was. But, he refused to go to the hospital wing. Jaken laughed, "Well, I probably am. But there is always a first time when it comes to crashing." Jaken stood up straight.

"Im probably just gonna go aqnd sit down over there" Mike said, "Ill still be here and Ill wait for you to finish. Ill still talk if ya want?" Mike asked kinda rhetorically, taking a seat, and watching the sun rise in the horizon, gradually lighting their way.

Jaken shrugged, and took a seat next to Mike. Jaken's eyes lightened slightly while the sky was lightening. Jaken said simply, "I don't want to actually go out and fly around if you are hurt. It would be similar to me rubbing it in your face." Jaken laughed softly.

"I dont mind" Mike said honestly. "If you want to practice, go ahead" Mike said trying to reassure him he was ok with Jaken continuing to practice. "I'll just sit here, and chat to you" mike said smiling slightly whilst nursing his sprained arm.

Jaken laughed, and remarked, "Hey, you might as well learn this. I am stubborn. So, I won't be changing my mind." Jaken stared at his sprain, and grimaced, "That must hurt... Are you sure you don't want to go to the Hospital Wing? I don't think prefects would mind if we are heading there." Jaken shrugged, since he was not too familiar with the whole prefects and rules thing.

"Ok, Ill think I'll keep that in mind, you remind me a lot of my brother. Now he is the most stubborn person you will ever meet" Mike said laughing. "Hmm I suppose I may aswell go and get it seen to" Mike said, getting up, wondering whether Jaken would follow. "Coming?" Mike asked .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back