Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ajax)
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Things with Eric were getting pretty serious in Nicole's opinion. They'd eaten lunch together a few times now, and she was certain at least a few people were starting to notice. With the Yule Ball coming up and all sorts of dance lessons and blind dates starting to go around, Nicole had been hopeful maybe they could actually take things to the next level, though she hadn't been able to get up the nerve to ask. She'd asked Eric out first, so it only seemed fair that he be the one to make things official and ask to her to ball. Maybe she just needed to make sure she was sending the right signals. People always talked about sending signals and stuff when they were trying to date.

Sitting up a bit more, Nicole, tucked her chin in her hand, tilting her head to look at Eric where he was eating next to her. "I can't believe it's almost time for the ball, can you," She said wistfully, playing with a bit of her hair. "I should hurry up and make plans before it's too late," She added, watching Eric's face closely.

It had surprised Eric how easy it was to get used to having Nicole around more. She seemed happy to be around him, and that in itself was something Eric wasn't necessarily used to, especially not from someone as cheerful as Nicole. He also couldn't help but wonder what about his company was fun for her, as he didn't really feel like he spoke a lot whenever they were together. But she seemed content, and Eric wasn't unhappy about having a pretty girl hanging around him, even if she was his little brother's friend. The two were eating lunch at the Gryffindor table, as they had done a few times now. Eric refused to sit at the Slytherin table. It wasn't like he was afraid of Sydney or anything, but he also didn't want her to use this as an excuse to be mean. Especially not to Nicole, who seemed to Eric like she would cry at the first real mean thing Sydney said to her. How the girl survived in Slytherin, Eric didn't know. Eric had just taken a big bite of toast when Nicole spoke, talking about the ball. Eric froze for a moment. He'd forgotten all about the yule ball. To him, it never really mattered because he never went. But only now did he realize that Nicole probably... wanted to go, together. He was glad he had the bite of toast to deal with for now, as it was an excuse to think on what he wanted to say a bit longer. But he eventually realized there was only really one answer he could give her here, as much as he didn't want to. "Well. I don't... usually go to that." He admitted a little awkwardly after swallowing his bite of toast. "But if you want to go... I guess we could go together?" He asked her with a shrug. "If you want."

Nicole's heart sunk when Eric said he didn't usually go to the ball. Of course not, she'd even first talked to Eric after he'd bailed out of one of the other school dances, it'd been stupid to think he'd wanna go to another one at all, let alone with her. She'd been ready to say as much when Eric continued speaking and... Actually asked her out. Ajax had asked Nicole to the dance in a previous year, and the burst of nervous butterflies in her stomach had felt amazing. Eric's delivery left something to be desired, but Nicole was still thrilled, hiding her pleased smile behind her hair as she continued playing with it. "Yes! I mean, only if you want to, right. It's not a big deal or anything. But I would like to. Go with you," She said in a hurry. She didn't want to make Eric go. But he'd asked her so it wasn't like she was. And she could just imagine folks faces when Eric Holland of all people showed up to a dance he didn't really go to.

Eric wondered if he would regret agreeing to this, but it was clear from everything that Nicole really wanted to go with him. He was flattered, even if he wouldn't admit that. Nicole was pretty and nice, there were worse people to go with. Eric raised one eyebrow a little when the girl said it wasn't a big deal, when it clearly was. But he didn't think they were quite close enough for him to tease her about that. So he simply shrugged again. "Sure." He repeated. "I wouldn't mind going. Let's just hope it isn't awfully boring." He muttered. "Though I suppose we could always chat in the entrance hall again, if it is." He added, referring to their first real talk together with a slight smile.

Nicole settled in her seat, trying to disguise the happy little wiggle she'd done when Eric had confirmed he did want to go with her. She was a little put out when he mentioned it being boring, but then he smiled when he talked about them talking together, so it wasn't all bad. "Yeah, no, it'll be fun. Promise," She said, twisting a piece of hair in her fingers, already thinking about her dress and how she wanted to do her hair. "Soo does this mean you and I are like. Together?" Nicole asked after a moment, focusing on the tabletop, not daring to look at Eric as she spoke. "I mean, we hang out and have lunch and stuff a lot. And we're going to the ball together..." Nicole trailed off, still twirling the piece of hair as she glanced up at Eric and then back down. It was scary to ask, but Eric had just asked her to the ball, so he clearly wanted to spend some time with her. And Nicole kind of wanted a boyfriend more than she was scared of asking him about it. Kind of.

Nicole really seemed to think the ball would be fun, and Eric guessed she liked them a bit more than she had let on last time. But he'd agreed to go with her, and wasn't going to take it back now. Maybe it would be fun, especially with someone else to go with. But then Nicole asked him if that meant they were together, and Eric froze. That hadn't been something he had expected, but he supposed he should have. Nicole seemed nervous to ask him this, and Eric hesitated for only a moment. It would be weird to say no now, especially after Nicole repeated all the reasons they probably should be together. "Sure." He said after a moment. "I mean. Yeah, I think so. I mean. Yes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back