The New Home

Analease had just unpacked the last box for the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She took a long drought and noticed the cup was half full now. The divorce was final now. It had only taken a few months and she had full custody of Rhyspa and Callan. Landon had visitation during the summer and Christmas time. She had already talked to Landon about the girls visiting him a few weeks before school began again. Analease brushed back a lock of hair out of her eyes. The past few months had been hard and Rhyspa was coming back tomorrow. She hadn't even unpacked her room yet.

"Maybe she'd like to do that herself," Analease said to herself. "It'll be like a healing process." She finished her glass of water and headed up to her rooms to take a nice long bubble bath.

Caysi had sent a letter to Rhyspa. Hopefully she would get it.

Dear Rhyspa,
Are you having a good summer? So anything new? Volleyball was really fun and we should do it again sometime. Next summer we should go all around then world like you said!

See you soon,

Love,
Caysi Finnigan.

Callan was sitting in the living room downstairs, reading one of her sisters many books. All of a sudden, an owl came swooping through the open window. Callan wondered if it was her sisters owl, Seana, but it didn't look like it. The owl flew towards her and dropped an envelope on her lap. The paper read Rhyspa, in a curvy scrawl. "I'll go put this on her bed so she'll see it when she comes home tomorrow."

Callan headed up the stairs and opened to door to Rhyspa's room and placed the letter on her sisters bed.

Kat was sitting in her room at Kiera's house. It was late and she couldn't sleep, though the rest of the house was sound asleep. She grabbed a pen and piece of paper from her bag and let Lavender out of her cage to stretch her wings before taking a long flight. Kat began to write a letter to her best friend, wishing that she was here with her. Things weren't quite the same without Rhyspa being here to talk to.

Hey Rhyspa,

I'm just writing to see how things are going with you and see if you and your family are settling into your new home okay.  Wish you were here in California with me.  I'm having fun, but i'm terribly home sick.  Hoping that things are well with you.  Write back soon!

Your Bestie!
Kat

Kat gave Lavender a few treats before attaching the letter to her owls leg and sending her on her way. After the bird had flown out of site Kat went to lie in her bed again and after about an hour she finally dozed on off to sleep.[/color]

Rhyspa walked into the unfamiliar house, but it was her new home, she would have to get used to it. She hugged her mother and Callan. She missed them so much. Callan took her up to her room and saw her bed and dressers were different. Her eyebrows raised in confusion. Rhyspa thought she her mother wasn't going to get new furniture, but Rhyspa did like the new room set.
bd1.jpg

She noticed two letters on her bed. One was from Caysi and the other from Kat. She unpacked her trunk and placed her writing things on her desk. Rhyspa began to write letters to her two friends. The first was to Caysi.
Caysi,

My summer's been okay so far. I just got home and I'm moving into my new room. It's different. I hope we get to travel the world next summer! That would be so much fun! You, Kat, Kiera, and me, next summer. France, Italy, Mexico, Africa, and China! Maybe more! I hope you are having a great time!

See you soon!

All my love,
Rhyspa

Rhyspa finished up her letter to Caysi and put it aside. She picked up another sheet of parchment and began to write her letter to Kat.
Darling Kat,

I'm moving in to my new room quite well, thanks. It's weird. I lived in the same room the first thirteen years of my life and now I'm in a new one. I'm doing fine and I'm glad you're having fun in California! What's the weather like? Sunny and hot? I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you at school!

Affectionately Yours,
Rhyspa

Rhyspa finished up the letter and sealed them with some wax from the candle that had been burning in her room. It smelled of strawberries. She woke Seana from her nap and gave her some treats. "Here you go, love," Rhyspa cooed. "Take these to Caysi and Kat."

Kat had just gotten done drying her hair. She walked back into her room and saw an owl tapping on the window. A bit confused because she'd never seen this particular owl before she opened the window and took the note it was carrying for her. "It's from Rhyspa!" she said to no one in particular, feeling a sense of happiness over her. She opened it and read over it. Without even waiting Kat grabbed her pen and paper and got to work on a reply.

Hey There Bestie!!

Glad to hear that you're settling in nicely to your new room.  I know how bad it sucks to have to move into a new place, but it seems that you are adjusting quite well.  Everything here is so much different than i'm used to that's for sure.  So many muggle things here.  It's slightly overwhelming at times, but i'm having fun.  The weather here is very sunny and warm.  Well, I hate to, but I have to run for now!  Missing you tons!!

Wish you were here!
Kat

Kat gave the owl a few treats and secured the letter to its leg. She watched until it had flown out of site before she finished getting dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back