The Mural

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
This was Harri's third year and she had gone without even one detention so far. In fact, that didn't bother her, but the fact that she had been as good as gold for these past two years did. She had not been made a prefect so basically the phrase 'nothing to loose' was prominent in her mind. So now was her time to shine, to show the whole of HNZ what she was really capable of, and she had a plan.
As she walked down from the common room, wearing skinny jeans, a cardigan, converses and bright red aviators, her satchel which usally held school books thumped against her, making an odd rattling sound. Because now instead of books it held spray paints of all colours. She didn't have any masks so she would have to just pull her t-shirt over her nose and mouth so as not to inhale any of the fumes.
Arriving at the entrance hall she grinned, there before her was a clean wall, not so much as a scratch on it, the perfect place for her mural to take place. She sat down opposite it, planning out where each part would go.
She could see it all now, each letter on the wall, as well as the picture of her she was planning on illistrating it with. She was of course going to sign it with her name, and her picture so anyone walking past would be able to see exactly who it was by. She sat awaiting the two she knew where coming to assist her in the act, she couldn't wait!

Aiden had received word from Harri that she and one other girl were going to make a mural in the Entrance Hall, he of course had to join, he had to start, his second year off at Hogwarts with a bang. Or a shake. Aiden was sitting in his dorm room trying to catch up on his homework, he was already behind, when his watch beeped and Aiden thought with a slight smirk, It's time. Aiden stood up and closed his book, and then he fixed his black sweater and tied up his dark blue converse and put on his green ray bans, hiding his blue eyes from people that would pass him.

Aiden walked out of the common room, hoping he would catch Harri before this but, he didn't so he made his way down to the ground floor. When he reached the Entrance Hall he tucked his hands in the front pockets of his jeans, making his shoulders rise and fall as he sighed. This was going to be a good year, hopefully it would lack all of the drama of the previous and Professor Barker would come back, but if not, he was fine, he knew that he would be able to handle what ever was thrown at him, hopefully with grace and dignity.

When he reached the Entrance Hall he narrowed his eyes at a small red head, he assumed was Harri and walked towards her. When he reached her Aiden wrapped his arms around her shoulders and gave her a gentle squeeze and said, "Hi Harri." Aiden put his hand to his side and took off his Ray Bans and placed them in the pocket of his sweater, that was unzipped, showing a white t shirt with a character from a muggle movie, Darth Vader, and it read, Sith Happens, it was making a crack at another movie he had seen recently, Forest Gump. Aiden quite enjoyed the movie, and couldn't help himself when she saw this shirt, he had to get it.

Harri's head snapped up as he saw Aiden approach, "Great minds," she said laughing and indicating his ray bans. She pulled off her own and pulled around the satchel that held all the cans of spray paint.
She grinned, "You ready for this?" she said, though she knew that he was of course ready for this. That was part of the reason she had asked him, she knew Aiden was always up for a laugh.
She opened the bag showing him the spray paint. While at home she had found that spray paint was very popular amongst muggle teenagers and she had really got into it, Tommy had showed her the best way to spray and she had got really good at it, she had even visited the famous tunnel in waterloo where the great Banksy had sprayed.
"Have you heard of this stuff before?" she asked, she knew Aiden wasn't from a muggle background, if he had it was good but if he hadn't it could be fun explaining it too him.
"Nice shirt," she commented laughing as she saw it, she looked down at her own t-shirt which had the muggle band 'The Arctic Monkeys' on it. If it was one thing she was thankful to muggles for it was music.

Aiden grinned at Harri then he nodded and said, "Of course I am Harri." A smirk played on his lips then he looked at the spray paint, he hadn't used it before but he had seen it being used, so he knew the just of it. "Are you ready?" Aiden asked in returning already knowing her answer, she had been the one that planned it, part of him wished he had thought of him, but he was just as happy to be involved in this, then warned lightly, "You know if Professor King sees this we are going to loose house points before we even get any." Aiden couldn't care less, it was to be expected with him now, at least all of the older students knew that he liked to mess around with this kind of stuff anyways.

Aiden nodded his head once and said, "Briefly, I've never used it before, but it shouldn't be too hard. Right?" Aiden raised his eye brows as he waited for Harri's response then he looked down at his shirt and said, "I know, I saw two muggle movies this summer, and I had to get this, it was like fate." Aiden looked up at the ceiling jokingly as if he was looking up at God. Aiden chuckled inwardly then shook his head as he looked back over at Harri with his patented crooked smile.

"Good," Harri said grinning. "Hell Yeah!" she said loudly, her voice echoeing around the entrance hall she was excited right now her fingers were itching to get started.
"Some risks are just worth taking," she said laughing, any points she lost she would make sure to earn back with class work, that seemed like a fair deal to her.
"No its not to hard, just push down and your away," she said, really there was a little more to it but they weren't exactly going for neatness so that didn't really matter.
"Where they the first ones you've ever seen?" she asked laughing, "Fate, you believe in all that stuff?" she asked a little curiously, she returned his smile with a grin, her fingers gingerly stroking the cans of spray paint, the picture of it coming to life on the wall opposite her was growing more and more vivid now. She could see every colour now. "Your gunna have to do a self portrait too, and no trying to make yourself look better in the picture okay?" she joked, punching his arm playfully.

Aiden laughed lightheartedly and said, "My thoughts exactly." Aiden shrugged his shoulders and picked up the first colour he saw and shook it lightly, it rattled lightly as he did so and then he took off the cap, and a light pop and put the cap down by his feet and said, "Basically yeah, I mean I've seen The Wizard of Oz and a few others when I was really little at a friends house, but that's it, Gaspard bought a V.T. for the brat." Aiden scowled angrily when he mentioned his father and his fathers off spring, he didn't refer to her as his sister yet, and didn't plan on doing so, she disgusted him. Aiden bit his lip and said, "Is that what it's called? A V.T.? Strange name don't you think? Muggles confuse me." Aiden laughed slightly at this.

Aiden scoffed lightly and said bluntly, "Not at all, I think you are in charge of your own destiny and their is no one else to blame or to thank." Aiden shrugged his broad shoulders then returned her question, "And yourself?" Aiden smirked lightly and said, "Come now Harri..A Self portrait is how you see yourself, if I see myself, as damn fine I'll make myself, damn fine." Aiden exaggerated the two words, damn fine, when he said it both times, then he chuckled lightly at this.

Harri laughed, "The wizard of oz. Thats a classic," she said, "The brat?" she said, she was about to laugh at the scowl that appeared on his face but stopped herself thinking he looked pretty angry.
"And me," she said, "I mean some of the stuff they come up with is fantastic, other parts are just plain strange," she said shaking her head as she thought of the many things muggles had created, a blender for example, was a peculiar thing in Harri's opinion.
"My sentiments exactly," she said, "No-one makes your decisions for you, things go wrong or right depending on the decisions you make, not because its your destiny,"she said rolling her eyes.
She laughed now, "Yeah but Aiden people have to be able to recognise you," she said grinning, "If they see a damn fine boy on the wall there not going to know its you," she joked, putting the same exageration on the words damn fine as he had.

Aiden sighed inwardly then said, "Last year I found out that I had a little sister, that's why I got mad at Bella's sister, she and I are in the same situation and Wendy mentioned Joceline." Aiden said the brat's name with hatred, more for his father, but he didn't like her either, she was irritating and it was like she was trying to step into his family, when she wasn't even in this family, up until last year, no one in his family knew she existed.

Aiden smirked at Harri's words then said, "Wait, you told me you were a muggleborn before...shouldn't you know all the stuff about them?" Aiden furrowed his brow curiously then gasped, pretending to be offended, "Well someone's feeling nasty today?" Aiden chuckled at this then gave Harri a side ways grin before saying, "Should we wait for the Hufflepuff?" Aiden didn't know the persons name, it could have been Kate or Josh for all he knew that would be joining them.

"Oh," Harri said understanding now why he had snapped at the girl Wendy in the common room, "Well that just sucks," she said honestly.
"No, I told you I was a half blood," she said rolling her eyes, "Someone feeling forgetful today," she replied with a wink when he mentioned she was feeling nasty.
"Erm, well I'm itching to get started," she said honestly, she had never met the girl that was coming to join them before and had just invited her from word of mouth that she was the kind of person who would be intersted.
"We could make a start, I mean its not like we're going to of finished before shes arrived," she said laughing. She stood up eagerly and grabbed a can of electric blue paint, "If I were you I'd pull your t-shirt over your mouth and nose, it can get kind of toxic," she said grinning as she pulled her own t-shirt to cover her nose and mouth.
"Pick a colour then," she said eagerly.

Natasha wandered around the castle, glancing at her watch every few seconds. Finally it was time to get going. She couldn't wait to pull the prank, detentions were nothing, it would be well worth them. She knew the other two were Gryffindors, and that bothered her a little: Hufflepuffs were just as daring, usually. She skipped down the enterance hall, humming inocently. She smiled as she saw the other two already there. "Hey." she said, stopping, and smiling impishly.

(Sorry my posts are so short, this computer is not very good! :p)

A nodded his head once then said, "Oh...really? I guess I am." Aiden chuckled lightly at this then said, "Same, the girl can catch up." Aiden smirked brightly then said, "What are we doing again? I can't seem to remember." Aiden bit his lip excitedly, then picked up a neon yellow. Aiden looked over at Harri and pulled out his wand and muttered, "Accio Masks." Three masks then zoomed through the air and landed at their feet. "Want one Harri?" Aiden asked with a grin as he picked one up and put it on then shook the can of spray paint once and opened the cap, just as he took a step closer to the wall the Hufflepuff girl joined them and said, "Hey Puff."

((Thats okay,))

Harri smiled at Aiden, "Clever clogs," she muttered as he summoned masks. They weren't the kind she had used in summer but still they were better then nothing, she was about to put it on when she heard his question. "You've just been focusing on how to make yourself look, mighty fine haven't you?" she joked grinning,she was about to continue when she heard someone approaching she turned on her heel as , "Ah speak of the devil," she said laughing. "Hey Natasha, I'm Harri," she said smiling.
The thought had only just struck her that right now she was taking the risk of getting two younger students in trouble, it hadn't bothered her so much about Aiden, she was friends with him and she knew he was up for it so that was okay, but the Hufflepuff girl she had never met was a different story. "So you definatly want to do this guys?" she said, thinking it was better to adress the both of them then just Natasha on her own.

Aiden nodded his head once and said, "Of course my dear." Aiden smirked but it was hidden under the mask but if you were paying attention you would've been able to see a crease on his face form because of his smirk then he said, "Hey Natasha, I'm Aiden." Aiden nodded his head in her direction once as if to greet her properly then he scoffed and said, "Harri..do you really think I'm one to back down? What about you Nat?" Aiden bent down, his knees clicked as he did so and he pressed down gently on the white button and bright yellow spray paint spat out and he smirked inwardly. He began to write his name in cursive, as clearly as the thick spray would let him.

Nazza smiled sarcasticly and put a mask on. "Yeah, like I'm totally going to back down." she grinned. Gryffindor's could not be the only pranksters, and Hufflepuff's were not getting the credit they deserved. She tied her black hair into a ponytail to stop it getting in her way, and grabbed a green bottle of spray paint. "SO are we just writing out names, or what?" she asked eagerly. Naz hadn't exactly been bad in her first year, her several trips to the forest hadn't been too interesting, and no-one had caught her. She saw that Aiden had started to write his name on the wall, so she did the same.

16h5com.jpg

(Wow, I can't read Aiden's writing ;'( Too small! :( )

"Of course not," Harri said grinning at Aiden and giving him a look that told him the question wasn't particularly aimed for him.
"Right good," she said as Nat confirmed she was definatly up for it.
"Right guys we can write our names afterwards," she said lagughing as both of them began to spray their names.
"We need the real deal first," she said grinning. "So I'm thinking we should do it from about here," she said grabbing a pencil out of her satchel and marking the wall, "To about here," she said walking a good few metres and marking the wall again. "It needs to be as big and bright as possible," she said, the paints she had bough were all neon and electric colours they needed to draw as much attention as possible, "So, we don't need no education' can be spread out and HUGE mate," she said laughing, "I think we need a little dedication to Pink Floyd for their masterful words as well," she said with a wink.
"Lets gt going then," She said as she pulled on her mask, shook up her can, and began to spray the letter's for 'we', big and bold, the outline going to be this electric blue but she would fill in the centre with a different colour.

Steph ran down to the enterence hall, she was wearing a YouMeAtSix t-shirt, and skinny jeans, she had heard Harri and Aiden were planning on doing something, and it sounded fun, so she thoght she'd join them.

When she got down there, she saw Harri, Aiden, and a girl she didnt know, but recognised. 'Hey guys,' Steph said, walking toward them, she saw they had spray paint in their hands, and there on the wall were Aidens name, and Nazza, Steph thought this was the other girls name. She listened to Harri, 'Your writing we dont need no education on the wall?' Steph asked, laughing, 'Mind if i join?'

Harri grinned, "Hey Steph," she said happily hugging her. "Yeah, its a tribute to Pink Floyd," she said giving her a wink, "Sure, theres a whole bag of cans over there," she said pointing to her satchel which was full of flourescent paint, "accio mask," she murmed, throwing the mask to her when it arrived.

[sorry loves i forgot]

Aiden rolled his eyes and said, "I know Harri, I was waiting for your word.. you know you haven't given me the instructions before this." Aiden chuckled and stood up straight and said, "Hey Steph.. Harri don't call me stupid but what is Pink Floyd? It sounds like a drug, and the quote really does go along with it, no offence or anything." Aiden chuckled slightly at the thought of this.

((Thats okay :D ))

"Whatever Aiden, couldn't wait to put your stamp on it more likely," Harri said grinning. "Do you really think I would introduce you too drugs?" she said in mock offence, "How rude," she said laughing. "Come on you know who Pink Floyd is!" she said, her eyes wide. "If theres one thing muggles know how to do, its music!" she said happily, "They were a band, absoloutely ancient, seriously," she said, "But they did have their odd good song, and this quote happens to be from one of them," she said.
She began to laugh harder at the thought of Pink Floyd being a drug, And the quote really goes along with it. Aidens voice played back in her head and she had to calm herself down a bit before looking back at them.

"You oughta play some of their music for me sometime," Aiden said with a shrug, he hadn't ever heard of Pink Floyd he still thought it was a street name for a drug but wouldn't say anything more on it then watched with raised eyebrows as Harri began to laugh even harder. Aiden cleared his throat slightly when she calmed down.

Steph laughed, 'Awesome!' She grinned, taking a bright orange can, and the mask Harri had thrown to her, she began spraying music notes around the wall, along with stars, and smiley faces.
She turned around when Aiden said he'd never heard of pink floyd. 'Aiden, where have you been?' She laughed, 'You've honestly never heard of Pink Floyd?'

Suddenly a thought came into her head, she eyed the can, and then her black jeans, 'Hmm,' she moved her leg out infronnt of her, and shook the can, she sprayed a couple of blotches on her jeans, it looked awesome, so she carried on, spraying random blotches and stripes over her jeans, waiting for somebody to talk.

"Ah come Aiden, we're just messing with you," Harri said winking at Steph,
"Wow! That looks awesome!" she said as Steph began to spray her jeans, she took her own can of green and sprayed a blotch on Stephs jeans before going back to writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back