Celestyn Helkovaara

NYC based journalist

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
There was a small pounding going on in his head when he opened his eyes that morning. He felt tired, a little sore and a little confused. He was lying in his bed, sheets a little bit everywhere which didn't usually happen, Celestyn slept mostly in his living room of this small muggle apartment. He sat up slightly, blinking rapidly to get the sleep out of his eyes. He rubbed his eyes lightly, and suddenly the faint smell of a cooking breakfast hit his nostrils and then it all came back to him. He'd gone out, decided that he was bored, lonely and looking for a little something. He'd gone to some magical club and then gotten drunk, hazy drunk and ended up taking a girl home, or he assumed it was a girl, not that Celestyn always remembered his preference when he got drunk. Celestyn wiped his face, and then looked at the door very confused, most girls whom he took home, usually left before Celestyn woke up, or left after they'd both gotten up and he was taking a shower, rarely if ever did they ever stay for breakfast. It was the strangest thing, Celestyn couldn't even remember the girl's name, and yet she was in his kitchen making him breakfast. He was still living out of boxes he was too lazy to unpack, despite how long he'd been in this apartment. It was bare and he didn't usually like people see it, this was one of the few occasions that he did and most people left straight after.

Deciding now was as good a time as any to get up, the young reporter rolled out of bed, and grabbed the first clean t-shirt that he could and slipped it on. Despite what they'd done in his bed after stumbling back to his apartment, he decided he would try and look as decent as possible, he therefore wore his t-shirt and his boxers, deciding to go look for trousers if she was wearing some. He stretched and yawned loudly deciding the first port of call was the bathroom, which was thankfully next to the bedroom, and before the kitchen/living area of this small flat. After that, the man continued down his hallway and the entered the living area and kitchen space, noting first the smell of food which hadn't filled his apartment in a long while. He wasn't much of a cooker, he ate out a lot. The man had a pretty poor diet, it was probably quite a miracle he managed to stay in shape. Celestyn then noticed the woman, stood in his kitchen, she wasn't his usual type of girl for one thing she was older than he was used to, he coughed loudly to get her attention, "Hi?" it was asked as a question though he didn't really mean it as one, "What are you doing?" he asked her, meaning the question this time. He didn't really want to ask her why she hadn't left yet because it seemed rude but then at the same time, he had asked her in a round about way just that.

Kizzy couldn't remember much, other than her husband coming over to take the kids for the weekend, and her unbelievable rage. She'd only meant to go out and cool down at a bar, but a few drinks in and anything after was a blur and a half. She sat up slowly in the bed she was in, the sheets unrecognizable, and realized she was missing a very large chunk of her night. Kizzy looked to her side and saw a man, whose face was a blur. "Oh Merlin..." She spoke gently, before pulling the sheets off her carefully and looking for some clothing. Her dress from the night before was on the floor and the brunette picked it up and slipped it over her body. She then took a moment to assess just how damaging the situation was. "He's so young, what were you thinking." She said to herself, as if able to talk to the drunk side of her that had since left and gifted her with a small headache. She ruffled her hair back to loosen the knots she had acquired from whatever had happened last night. She had kids, she was too old for one night stands with men she'd never met before.

Kizzy moved silently through the room gathering the rest of her things before she headed to the front door. However, as she was reaching for the handle she couldn't help but think that she was rude for leaving - no note no information. The motherly instincts of a woman who often cared to much kicked in and she sighed. Setting down her purse, blazer, and shoes she turned on her heel to the kitchen and began cooking breakfast where the man found her half an hour or so later. "Good morning!" She replied with her voice cracking just slightly, as it nearly always did. She had the voice of a mother, many said. "I'm making bacon." She stated, knowing exactly why he asked. "I'll leave right after if you need though." She stated, looking through the cupboards for plates to get their breakfast ready. "Now this is going to sound really terrible, but I was a little out of it last night, what was your name again?"

The man scratched his head slightly, he remembered a little about this woman now that he stood in front of her. The bar, those shots, the man had finished work that day and just decided that he needed a drink, he needed some company, having been alone a little bit too much for too long a period of time, and feeling the insane urge to sleep with someone, just be close to someone, and he'd clearly found it in this woman, since he'd brought her home, to his home. Which wasn't where he let most people roam, solely because he might've been living in the apartment for years, but it looked barely lived in, boxes still lined the walls, full of all his belongs. The few plates out, needing washed. The only indication that someone really lived in the apartment, was the clothing a little everywhere, the blanket crumbled on the sofa and the empty beer bottles which stood scattered about the place. The apartment was void of any colour, any pictures, and indication that someone had lived in it for well over a year. The man noted that the woman was dressed, and in this, also noticed that she was older, a bit older than him.

Celestyn shrugged at her as she greeted him, before walking back to bedroom, and grabbing an old pair of sweats to wear at breakfast, since she was dressed there was no sense in him lacking his trousers, that wouldn't be polite. She told him what she was making, and he felt his stomach rumble loudly at the thought of it, his mouth watering slightly, eager to eat and keen to get some food in him. He walked back into the kitchen and said nothing about her leaving, obviously he wouldn't mind her staying for breakfast, it was a first. Most of the time, Celestyn would give his flat a little tidy once the girl had left, then lie on the couch with a cup of coffee if he didn't have to go to work. He didn't want to say stay as long as you like, "Stay for breakfast, since you've made it," he told her, walking to where she stood to turn on the coffee machine, before noticing that the woman was clearly looking for plates, he sighed slightly, before heading over to the boxes, "Don't use those plates," he told her, before lifting one box off another as she asked his name, he spent a few moments searching this box, before grumbling small curses to himself in Finnish, he moved on to other boxes not even glancing round at the woman, "Don't worry I don't remember yours either," he told her, he had strange sort of accent a little difficult to place more than anything, "My name's Celestyn," he told her, not even looking round, but finally finding the box he needed and from within it pulling out two dusty plate.

The man looked round at her, "Yours?" he asked as he gave the plates a small wipe down and gave them to her, "You weren't out of it, you were drunk, it happens. Is this your first?" he motioned to apartment and vaguely alluding to what they'd done when they'd gotten back to his, he didn't know this woman, he had no idea what she was like. The man proceeded to take the now made coffee and place it on the kitchen table where he then sat down at with a mug in his hands, pouring some coffee into it.

It was lucky for Kizzy that she'd had her share of crazy experiences in her teen years, fresh out of school with no responsibilities - she'd partied her fair number of times. The brunette woman tried smiling as she cooked the last bacon in the pan a little crispier - unsure how he liked his she did both styles. She laughed slightly at his comment, his accent permeating with unfamiliar twang to the Scottish woman. She began to divide the things she'd made up, eggs and toast. "You like butter on your toast or no?" She inquired, making her own first as she already knew she liked butter. It was a hard task to find everything in the house, but she managed to do so and as he asked her not to use the plates she had set aside she smiled and nodded. "Coming to the rescue for these then." She placed the clean plates back where she'd found them and turned to face him for a moment. "I'm Kizzy." She introduced herself before grabbing a glass of water. "I'll also do dishes before I leave. I just couldn't help myself considering I thought leaving without notice was rude. Especially since ye look like ye need a few good breakfasts."

Again the woman laughed and nodded, a bit ashamed. "My first, Merlin no." She whispered, before moving to sit down at the table. "It's just been a bit since I've done this. I'll get this all cleared up and out of the way for ye though so you know what's going on. I've got kids at home and am recently divorced, so while yer probably a nice guy, I hope you don't mind it is just one night. Not that ye will." She chuckled, before digging into her breakfast. "Come, sit, eat, you must be starvin' after last night, yeah? Tell me what do ye do fer a livin?"

Celestyn thought nothing of what this was, he just gave her the plates that she could put the food on to and then just sat down, he didn't answer the question about butter on toast, in fact he was more surprised that he had butter, the man had food in his apartment but he didn't spend all that much time in it, at least not making food that meant he knew whether or not he had butter, but the reporter just sat down his hands wrapped around a mug of coffee, a small smile sitting on his expression as he kept his gaze on the cup and just listening to what she was say, Kizzy, that was a strange name, "Kizzy?" he asked looking up at her, looking for an explanation feeling as though when or if they had previously exchanged names that he'd probably asked this already. However, he just continued listening to what she was saying, frowning looking down at himsel, "I get plenty good breakfasts," he retort indignantly before taking a sip of his coffee, not really as annoyed as he sounded about it, just surprised by the comment, he knew he wasn't the best at taking care of himself but he managed.

The man looked at her as she sat down at his table and handed him the breakfast she had made, suddenly his stomach rumbled loudly and he just began tucking in as she explained that this wasn't the first time that she'd done this, although she explained that it had been a while, and he suddenly felt a little strange that she had kids, and was really pleased that she seemed to also think this was a one night stand, the Finnish man had had a brief moment of panic when he'd believed that she might want something more than just the one night stand, given that she was older, and he was more than happy when she didn't. He let out a small sigh of relief and then went back to eating his breakfast, digging in as she told him to, this woman was strange he had say, he didn't usually sleep with people older than him, but he'd clearly wanted to for once. The man didn't do this sort of thing often, he just went when he was feeling particularly lonely and he just liked being able to be close with someone in that way, he paused in eating to take a small drink of his coffee before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, "I'm a reporter for the Daily Prophet, I cover sport mostly," he replied with a small smile, clearly proud of his work, and despite his slightly odd accent he clearly had no problems with english, "What do you do?" he returned as he filled his fork with food, "You don't need to do the washing up, I can do it, you've made all this, it's the least I can do to help," he told her although he was sure they'd join the rest of the small pile of dirty things until he got enough motivation to actually cast the simple spell to clean the plates in no time at all.

Kizzy smiled a bit and laughed at the question her name seemed to pose. The woman nodded her head, "Yeah, from Keziah, meaning cinnamon - my mother always told me my name meaning would become more popular than my name." She spoke a bit quietly. "Mainly because people are more curious of it's meaning as I get older." She then threw her hands up in play defense and smiled. "All I meant was yer thin, it's not somethin' to be insulted by!" Her accent seeped into her voice as she laughed - the tone becoming more obvious as she spoke. She took a sip from her coffee, the hangover she expected to be violent not nearly as horrible as expected. For that she thanked merlin. She also thanked Merlin that her daughter would be out of the house most of the day - as Teddy would do nothing but give her hell for returning in the same outfit as she'd left in.

"Reporter must be an interesting job, taxing but interesting." She spoke between bites of the breakfast. She patted her mouth with a hand towel for a moment and then returned to speaking. "I am a mediwitch, I often travel for work. I wanted to get a job at St. Mungos for some more stability but I was not always the most well behaved or most intelligent student in my youth." She admitted with a laugh. "Well if you insist I will let you. You probably want me out of here as quickly as possible, yeah?" She asked humorously, not insulted if he did. After all, they'd not even knew each other's names when they decided to get intimate - it was something kids did, not adults.

The journalist shrugged slightly at her words, it was an odd name really, but in this country he could hardly be the sort of person to complain about odd names, but it hadn't stopped him asking about it, and he couldn't really help but agree that the name meaning was probably more popular than the name itself, he was always thankful that his name was close enough to an english word that despite being a little strange people didn't question it too much. Celestyn couldn't help his defensiveness as the woman had accused him of not eating, the man thought he ate fine. He did everything he could to eat well, who was she to say such a thing, but he pushed it away as he took a small sip of his coffee as she took a seat next to his and began to eat, he was definitely glad for the hot food so much so that he wouldn't say anything about what she'd said, he would definitely let it go for the purposes of getting this food that was in front of him. The Finnish man glanced up at her with a small smile and nodded a little, he liked it, he liked sports.

"I enjoy it, it's not too hard," the reporter said with a shrug, before listening to what she did, and thought it was pretty interesting, he wasn't too sure what a mediwitch did but he wasn't really how sure he was to find out. Celestyn wondered what it would be liked to do the sort of job that she did, since he could've done anything but he hadn't been the sort of person to do that, "That must be interesting, what kind of things does that mean that you do," the man asked her with a small curious expression on his face. Celestyn did like to hear about what others did, it was just a natural thing for him, like it was for others, but he always thought that the fact he was a reporter meant he liked to be more curious than others. At her words he shook his head, a little worried that he had insulted her, though she had a light tone in her voice, "No, it's not like that," he said hoping to save it, "I mean, I don't exactly want you lingering about my flat, but it's mostly because you cooked this, and I can clean up," he motioning back over to the sink where dishes were lightly piled, most of which unclean, indicating that he didn't usually clean up after himself, "I don't usually bring people back to mine admittedly, and I'm usually out before the sun's up, breakfast isn't something that happens," he tried to explain with a small smile, motioning to the apartment where it was clear that most of the man's stuff had not yet been unpacked, almost to explain the fact he didn't often let people back to his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back