The McIlvoy Residence

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela was sitting out on her front lawn with her back against a tree, reading a book. Her ma was at the hospital, and her da was there taking care of her. Kaela just couldn't stand to sit there in the hospital and stare at her sick ma. Hospitals freaked her out enough, but add a family member to the scene and it was just unbearable. She let out a sigh, wishing she had an owl so that she could write her friends. I wonder what they're doing?

An owl flew down beside Kaela and dropped a letter onto the grass beside where she was sitting.
Hey Kaela,

How have you been? I hope all is well at home. I miss you sooooo much! I mean, the amount is so large it can’t be put into words! And it isn’t only me, we all miss you. The room feels so empty, and, if you don’t come back soon, I think the pets are going to take over your bed. Ha, ha, I’m joking with you. I hope you are having a nice summer, and I really do wish there was a way for us to hang out. Anywho, I hope Arabella found you easily enough, and would love to hear back from you. Yes, that means you’d better write me!!

A la Prochaine,
Courtney

Speak of the devil Kaela thought as a familiar owl flew up beside her and dropped a letter in her lap. "Hi Arabella," she said with a bright smile, picking up the letter and opening it. Her eyes scanned it happily, glad to hear from Courtney.

"Well Arabella, I'm gonna have to go inside to get some paper, so, you might as well come with me." Holding her hand out Arabella stepped onto her wrist and Kaela stood, walking into the house with her.

Kaela set Arabella on the back of one of the kitchen chairs and got out a biscuit out of the cupboard. "I'm sure this isn't your premiere choice, but we don't have much right now." She set it on the table and walked upstairs to get some papers and such.

Finn walked into the kitchen from outside and was very surprised to see an owl on the table eating a biscuit. "Kaela!" he called out, craning his neck toward the steps. "What is this animal doing in the kitchen?"

"Finn, that's Arabella," Kaela said cheerily as she walked into the kitchen with parchment and her self-inking quill. "She's Courtney's owl. You remember Courtney, don't you?" She sat down and began to write a response to Courtney.

Finn frowned as he looked between the owl and Kaela writing on parchment. "Ma would freak if she could see this."

"Well Ma's not here now is she?" Kaela said defensively as she looked back up at Finn. Scowling, turned back to her letter and continued to write.

A few minutes later her letter was finished and she tied it to Arabella and let her fly out through the window.
Courtney,

Oh my gosh you have no idea how excited I am to hear from you!  I've been all right.  Pretty bored actually.  It's so lonely here without you and Estrella and everyone.  It would be so awesome if you could come visit!  I know my da won't mind, and I bet Finn would enjoy seeing you again.

Looking forward to hearing back,
Kaela

Courtney was thrilled to see that Kaela had written back so quickly. She grabbed the letter from Arabella and gave the owl a carrot to munch on. "Sorry, Ara, it was all I could snatch from the kitchen!"

Courtney smiled as she read Kaela's letter and quickly scribbled a response.
Hey Kaela,

I'd love to visit you! I'm stuck here at Hogwarts, thanks to forgetting the time of the Hogwart's express! If you don't mind me bringing Nanook, I'm sure I can find a way to sneak out there. Oh, and tell Finn I say hello.

Talk to you soon!
Courtney

Kaela was reading outside in the same spot when Arabella came back with Courtney's second letter. She read it with an excited smile and walked inside the same as before, getting Arabella some cat treats. "Cats eat mice, owls eat mice, so maybe Arabella will like these too." She shrugged and sat down, writing a response to Courtney. When she was done she sent it off once more.
Courtney,

Ou, I have an idea!  What about Floo Powder?  We have a fireplace in the den.  Quick and easy, and you can stay as long as you like!  You can bring Nanook, as long as you bring some food too.

Can't wait to hear back,
Kaela

Finn waked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple. After taking a bite he looked over Kaela's shoulder. "Writing Courtney again I take it?" he asked, chewing with his mouth open.

"Yes," Kaela replied snottily as she looked up at Finn with a disgusted look. "She says hi and is planning on coming to visit."

Courtney smirked as she stood in front of the Fireplace in the Ravenclaw common room. Well, I hope this works! She stepped in with Nanook in one hand and an overnight bag over her left shoulder. Her other hand contained the floo powder in which she snagged from a professor's desk. "Well, here goes," Courtney stated nervously as she chucked the floo powder to the bottom of the fireplace. "Kaela McIlvoy's house," she stated as clear as possible, really hoping that she didn't end up somewhere random.

Moments later, Courtney found herself in a famaliar place. "Hey, it worked!" She climbed out of the fireplace, a little bit embarrassed at her less than graceful thud of a landing, and dusted herself off. Oi! That was one dusty fireplace! Courtney brushed Nanook off and gave him a grin, "We're here buddy, and we're lucky that this place was part of the Floo Network!"

"What the?" Kaela began as she heard a commotion coming from the den. She walked over from the living room where she had been watching a movie and wasn't entirely surprised to find Courtney and Nanook. She smiled brightly and ran up to Courtney, giving her a hug.

"You made it!"

Courtney smiled broadly as she hugged Kaela back. "Course we made it," she said with a giggle. "I mean, Nanook and I are experts when it comes to Floo Powder!"

Courtney placed Nanook on the floor, and trusted he wouldn't wander too far away. "Sorry for just popping in on you, I really did want to write back beforehand. We've mised you so much! Anyways, I'm sure you've got loads to tell me about what you've been doing at home all this time."

Kaela released Courtney and looked at her with a smile until she said she was sure Kaela had lets to tell her. "Uh...well, not really..." She frowned for a moment before changing the subject. "So, who won the house cup?"

"Oh," Courtney said in reply to Kaela not having loads to say. "That's okay, I mean, Hogwarts hasn't been that eventful either."

She couldn't help but grin when Kaela mentioned the house cup. "Well, you already know who won top student," Courtney rolled her eyes a bit at the thought of Bruin winning the top student award every year. "I want you to guess which house won the cup."

"Well, we were pretty far in the lead when I left, so, I'll say we did." Kaela led Courtney to the living room as she spoke.

Courtney followed Kaela to the living room, Nanook in tow. She screeched excitedly, "Eee, you're right! We did win the cup, and we won it by a lot!"

"You won a cup? Sounds pretty boring to me." Finn walked in muching on popcorn, looking bored as he saw the highly excited Courtney. At least Kaela is actually smiling.

Courtney's screeching stopped as soon as she heard Kaela's brother's voice. "Well, you wouldn't call it boring if you knew what the cup was. Right, Kaela?"

"Right," Kaela agreed and stuck her tongue out at Finn. "You're such a party-pooper. Isn't there somewhere else you can go?"

Finn flopped down onto the couch and continued to munch his popcorn. "Oh yeah, I could go plenty of places. But why would I want to when it's so much easier to bug you from here?" He grinned cheesily at Kaela before turning to face the TV.

Courtney faced Kaela and gave her a wink. Might as well have fun and try to bug Finn back. She wondered if Kaela still carried around the fake galleon, and walked over to the couch Finn flopped down on. Flopping down on the couch beside Finn, Courtney inched her hand towards his popcorn. "So, what are we doing now?"

((Note: You are unable to travel via floo powder from Hogwarts without special persmission or without the adjoining fireplace approved by the Ministry. It's all in the books. Since it's already done don't worry about it, but in the future please remember that))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back