The McIlvoy Residence

Kaela McIlvoy

Having ridden the New Zealand Express and then taken a muggle plane to Ireland, Kaela's ma had picked she and Ford up and they were now approaching her home. "Here it is!" she asked excitedly as she jumped out of the just stopped car.

House-Front.jpg

Ford stepped out of the car, "It's awesome," Ford said. Having grown up in loud and busy cities. This home was amazing to him. He looked over the surrounding area, "It's beautiful."

Kathleen gave small sigh as she stepped out of the car. "You two go on in and get settled, I'll get your things. Kaela, be sure to show Ford to the guest room." She gave her daughter a smile and began to get their things from the trunk.

"C'mon Ford!" Kaela said excitedly and grabbed his hand, pulling him inside the house. "Da! Da we're back!" She stopped inside the kitchen and looked around, wondering where her da and brother were.

Ford was yanked down towards the house as Kaela ran forward. Once inside he took a look around, "This is a nice place," Ford said.

phg_country3.jpg

"Who's yelling?" Finn asked grumpily as she walked down the steps, book in hand. "Oh, hey kid. Da's at his office, something about an extrasolar planet. Who's this?" he asked, nodding toward Ford.

"Hello, Finn," Ford returned the nod, "It's good to meet you." He held out his hand to shake.

Finn grabbed Ford's hand a bit tight and shaked rather forcefully. "Pleasure I'm sure," he said with an air of harshness as he let go. "So, what do you two have planned for the day?"

Kaela frowned, sensing Finn's dislike of Ford. "Well, I'm pretty tired. I think I'm gonna catch a nap. Ford, are you tired, or hungry?" She looked to Ford, a bit nervous. He was here, in his house, and there were so many ways for her to mess this up.

"I could use something to drink," Ford said, "I'm not tired, though. I could just read in my room."

"Right, your room! Uh, well, I'll show you your room first and then we can get something to drink. Follow me." Kaela took off out of the kitchen and up the steps. After a few turns she opened a door to reveal a bedroom.

07cb94ee-0208-4d22-92ed-6870954da07b_player.jpg

"Sorry it's so girly, my da let my ma design it. She just loves it. But, this is it. She stood to the side of the doorway to let Ford go inside. His things were sitting at the foot of the bed.

"It's fine," Ford said, smiling, "I'll be fine reading here."

Ford thought for a moment, "No, I'm fine," Ford said, "Reading should keep my occupied." He flashed a roguish smile, and squeezed Kaela's hand gently, "See you later."

Kaela smiled, blushing as Ford squeezed her hand. She looked down at the floor and shook herself off, trying to recover from her moment. "Uhm, anyway, if you need me for anything, my room is right across the hall. And don't hesitate to ask Finn or my mom for anything either."

After flashing Ford a smile she walked across to her room and walked in, closing the door.

Ford returned Kaela's smile, then closed the door behind him. He slipped off his shoes and grabbed a book. He laid own on the bed to read a bit. For a few minutes, he was fine, then the need to get a drink overtook him. He put the book down on the bed and walked into the hall, closing the door behind him. He walked down to the kitchen, and began quietly looking for a glass.

Finn looked up from his book to Ford, looking at him skeptically from his seat at the kitchen table. "Looking for something?"

Ford turned to face Finn, "A glass, for some water." Ford replied, "Kaela said I could get some."

Finn stood and walked over to the cabinet where the glasses were. He opened it, grabbed a glass, set it forcefully down on the counter, and closed the cabinet hard. Grabbing the glass he took it to the faucet and filled it with water, then taking it to Ford.

"So, what's the story with you and my sister?" he asked, holding out the glass.

Ford looked at Kaela's brother in surprise, "What do you mean?" He asked, a little edgy.

"What's the story? Are you just friends? Are you dating? Do you want to date her?" Finn was staring down at Ford, which was easy as Finn was a few years older and much taller.

Ford, trying not to act as nervous and afraid as he was feeling, looked up at Finn in the eye, "I wouldn't say that we are dating now. But, yes, I would like to."

Finn considered this for a moment as he stared at Ford. "And what makes you think you're good enough for her?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back