The Lion and The Raven

Miriah Vlahovic

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Reed Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
OOCOut of Character:
This Takes Place During the Yule Ball. ♥

Tonight was the night of the annual Yule Ball at Hogwarts New Zealand. A night that usually made most girls go crazy with trying to find the perfect dress, shoes, date, or anything along those lines. It was also going to be Miriah's last Yule Ball ever so one would think that she would be more willing to participate in it for once. But the Ravenclaw could really care less once more. It wasn't really her kind of thing. For starts she hated shopping for and wearing dresses so it'd be pointless to go shopping for something she hated and would never wear. Secondly, the whole aspect of finding a date seemed kind of pointless to her. Sure she could go with some friends instead of a date. But Miriah didn't really have any friends so that idea never really stood a chance. The final thing that made her detest the thought of going to a formal dance was the huge crowds and all the drama that usually followed along with it. The Ravenclaw had yet to witness a ball that didn't have girls in tears or fighting with one another for some stupid reason, it was just far too obnoxious for Miriah to really care about too much. So thats what brought her to just skip it all together and head up to the library instead. It was completely empty inside, not even the Librarian was in sight so Miriah vaguely wondered why it wasn't locked up or anything. She was grateful though. Since no one was inside it meant that there was no one inside who could bother, they were all probably down at the Yule Ball making memories or something like that. This gave Miriah a perfect chance to kick back and just read and pig out on some snacks that she had robbed from the Tables at the ball before she headed out of the Great Hall and the smell of, well winter and desperation. Hopefully no one else in this school was as nerdy as she was and decided to do the same thing.

Miriah hurried further into the Library and immediately went to her favorite section. It held a majority of her favorite books. Most of with were historical or full of mysteries that kept her up all night while she read them. Her pale hand and up and grabbed a few of them down from a higher shelf. A few would probably last her the duration of the ball so she didn't bother to get more than three. Once Miriah had her books she made her way over to a table and wasted no time in sitting herself down on it, her bag right next to her. The moment she had settled on the table she opened up the book and started on page one as her hand reached into her bag for a decorated Christmas Sugar Cookie. She brought it up to her mouth and took a small bite as her eyes scanned the page. This was very relaxing and she needed it, after all that she had been through. All this time Aiden had been on her mind and she didn't know why. He hated her and obviously thought she was a slut, so why bother? Miriah couldn't wait to Graduate so she could get out of this school and not have to look at him anymore without feeling a sharp pang in her heart.

Aiden didn’t want too but he had found himself in the Great Hall of the night of the Yule Ball. He had told himself that he was going to just stay in his room that night and wait for the holidays to start; he even had everything packed up so he could leave as soon as possible. He knew these holidays weren’t going to be very enjoyable; no one was going to be at home. Giselle would be spending the majority of her holidays with her new family, although Aiden was glad that he would get to see her, even if it were only for a few hours a day. Sure he saw her all the time in Hogwarts considering they were in the same house and everything but Aiden didn’t feel like he was doing his job as a big brother very well as this semester had been hell for him and he had been battling his own demons – so to speak. So even though he found himself at the Yule Ball he was still unsure how he even got here. He thought it had something to do with Patricia bugging him into going, saying it was their last year and that he should go, make memories and be happy and all that jazz but Aiden didn’t particularly feel like being happy right now after the mess he had made of his life. It wasn’t like Aiden to swell on, well anything, he had never done it in his life before so it was something completely new to him and he didn’t know how to deal with it. Then again, he had never liked a girl the way he liked Miriah before. There had been plenty of girls in the past, even ones he thought he had loved but he was young then and stupid, he didn’t know what love was and he was pretty sure he didn’t know what it was this day. He was sure that it was something not to be messed with and he promised himself that he would never say it again until he was more than a hundred percent positive he meant it.

Looking around the Great Hall he saw many people, happy smiling people who were enjoying themselves as they probably should, exams were over and the holidays were upon them. Aiden was not happy though, he couldn’t bring himself to be so instead of bringing the atmosphere down with his gloomy expression anymore he figured it was time to call it a night. After saying goodbye to anyone who would even care about him, a grand total of maybe two people, he made his way to the exit only to see the ruby eyed beauty that had been on his mind. Right now Aiden didn’t even try to conceal his feelings about her to himself anymore because he knew it was useless to do so. Watching her make her way up the grand staircase he followed her, well he had to go that way too. Staying a safe distance behind her so as not to alert her of his presence. Turning on to the fourth floor corridor Aiden saw Miriah entering the library and rolled his eyes, how typical of her to spend her night in the library when she could be downstairs enjoying herself like everyone else in this school. Aiden didn’t plan on really speaking to Miriah again anytime soon because he knew it would have been a hopeless cause, she clearly didn’t want to speak to him and for good reason. Aiden had been a really jerk to her in the past and he supposed that it was only fair. Although Aiden hated the feeling he got every time he thought about her and how he had treated her. If anything he would at least like to apologise to her for it all before they went on their holidays so with that Aiden entered the library. He knew that if Miriah started to shout at him no one would interrupt them as he had seen the librarians down at the Ball. Going in and out of the stacks he went to a place that he figured Miriah would be – having know her for so long had its benefits. “Miriah..” he spoke softly, not wanting to alarm her. “Can I say something before you start shouting at me for absolute jerk that I am?” He asked, speaking before she was able to say anything to him knowing that if she started to talk he wouldn’t get a chance. "I know I don't deserve it, but please?"

Miriah heard someone enter the Library and for just a moment she lifted her head to see who was weird enough besides her to come into the Library during the ball. When she saw it was Aiden her ruby eyes rolled softly. It was not hard to guess that he was here to annoy the hell out of her. Ever since that fight they had in the Potions classroom she had been doing nothing but avoiding him at any cost. In fact this was really the first time she had to look at him for more than a couple of seconds, thats how well she was doing. But he somehow managed to figure out that she was here and decided to ruin her peaceful state of mind that she was in, why was he here anyways? He claimed he hated her that day so she figured that he would want nothing to do with her. That he would just move on and flirt with other girls like he had always done, she had moved on and went back to reading books endlessly like she had. They obviously were not going to get along any other so maybe ignoring one another or just having things go back to the way they were before would help them actually not kill one another before the school year was actually finished. "Aiden-wha-" She was cut off by Aiden saying something that made Miriah closer her mouth and her hands grip the sides of the book she had been reading tightly. She was going to ask him why he was here and what on earth possessed him to bother her on tonight of all nights. Miriah really just wanted to finish this book right now, so far the chapter was really good but she was cut about halfway through now that Aiden was here. Sure she could just ignore him and go back to reading but for some reason her brain was telling her to just keep listening to Aiden. He wanted to say something and that was all. Miriah had no idea what he would want to say right now or anything but he looked sincere. Looking down to the floor Miriah sighed realizing that no one was really going to be happy here until Aiden actually talked to her. It wasn't known what he wanted to talk about but she figured it had to be important in his books if he still wanted to talk to her.

"You have five minute's to blabber away." She glanced at the clock on the wall before she closed the book she was reading and set it on her lap gently. "And this better be good." If she was going to end her reading and actually listen to whatever torture he wanted her to go through then it better be something worth her listening to. On top of that some time ago Miriah realized that there was a part of her that had a thing for Aiden. He was attractive, stubborn, and they had a lot of common interests so in a way they were almost perfect. If only their personality's and faults were such a pain for one another to deal with.

Aiden knew that butting into what Miriah was trying to say, probably not going to put him in her good books which wasn’t something he wanted to start off with – he was already in her bad books after the last time they talked. Although for all Aiden knew this could be the last time they ever talked again. He knew how Miriah felt now so he thought there was nothing better than just leaving her alone and forget about everything. If anything happened in the future then he would welcome it but he cared about Miriah too much to keep putting her through whatever hell he must be causing her by tormenting her all the time. If tonight was going to be the last time that the two ever talked he was going to make it worth it, explain to her why he was torturing her so much...everything. He watching Miriah carefully with his sapphire orbs, they were full of hope and plea that he hoped she was see and take pity on him for one last time. He hoped that she would sense by the tone of his voice and his demeanour in general that he wasn’t going to try and hurt her again – that was something he had never planned on doing in the first place anyway. When Miriah looked down he continued to stare at her. He was still trying to get used to the fact that he liked her, big time and he was still kicking himself for not realising it sooner. Maybe if he had realised it sooner things wouldn’t be as bad as they were not. But life was full of what ifs and maybes and while this was one of those times he knew there was nothing her could do about it so he just kept looking ahead and hoped that things would turn out the way they were meant too, in other words the way he wanted them too. As he was still trying to get used to the idea of liking her he found himself having thoughts of her, about how beautiful she was and he almost cringed at how soppy he was being, having never truly called a girl beautiful before in a sincere way but while he cringed at it, he still liked it.

When Miriah lifted her head again and told him he had five minutes to blabber away but that it had to be good his eyes widened with joy. This was just the opening that he needed to say what he had to and let Miriah give her final judgement as it was. “Thank you Miriah.” he said sincerely as he moved around and took the seat beside her. He didn’t really feel like standing over her so sitting beside her, looking at her face to face would be much better. Taking a deep breath he looked into her ruby red eyes and started. “Look all I really wanted to say Miriah was that I’m sorry. For everything.” a small grimace on his face. “I’ve been the worlds biggest jerk and I know that. The way I’ve treated you and things I’ve said were uncalled for and believe me if I could I would take them back. I know I can’t now, it’s too late but I just wanted you to know that if I could, I would.” he stopped. He still had over four minutes left so he was going to see what Miriah had to say first before continuing.

Miriah tensed up a little when he sat down next to her. She actually would have preferred him standing up where she could keep an eye on his actions easier. They hadn't been this close to one another since the night they had slept together. It felt weird to be near Aiden again but she paid no mind to it because she knew paying too much mind to it would make her miss or start to think about him too much. He started to explain to her that he was sorry and everything but the entire time Miriah stayed silently and looked at the cover of the book she had been reading solemnly. What could she say to him other than the fact that the only reason she was upset at all was because he had hurt her. He finished what he was saying and the only thing she could do was stay silent for a minute before her stubborn side kicked in again, it refused to let Aiden in. "Aiden, as thankful as I am that you apologized, I don't really see the point of it. You saying sorry isn't going to change or fix anything. You can't change whats been said or done." Miriah shrugged as her fingers gripped the edge of the book and turned to focus on him for a moment, her red eyes meeting with his blue ones for a moment before she rolled her eyes and stood up from the desk they had been sitting on together. She didn't feel like being close to him anymore. It wasn't that she was getting angry it was just that she didn't want to forgive him and there was something about the way he said those words that made her feel sorry for him. Her pale hand went up to tuck some of her brown hair behind her ears before she started to stick the two other books she had intended to read away and back onto their proper shelf. Miriah knew she wasn't going to be able to read them now that Aiden was here filling up her head with Garbage. Finally she leaned against a bookshelf that was less than a foot away from Aiden and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You have four minute's left or is that all you wanted to say to me?" Miriah asked, her eyes piercing down into his as if he were an ant and she was a magnifying glass reflecting the sun down onto him. For some reason Miriah hoped he had more to say, she hoped he had a lot more to say because then it would allow her to get things off her shoulders as well. And suddenly it came to the point where the urge to same something overwhelmed her and Miriah opened her mouth. "Can I ask you something?" Miriah asked softly but frantically. Her eyes filling up with unshed tears. "Why? Why have you just not left me alone like I asked. Honestly! I know I was mean to you but...that didn't mean you had to go and sleep with me just to use me." She muttered out, already forcing and trying to will herself not to cry. This really hurt to admit but she wished he liked her and didn't want to use her.

Aiden could feel his heart racing as he finished what he had to say. He knew that there was so much more that he could have said, so much more that he wanted to say but he didn’t see the point in saying any of that stuff. Right now the most important thing for him to do was to have at least a half decent conversation with Miriah, lay everything out in the table and see where they stood and if anything could be salvaged from their old relationship. As dysfunctional and what some would describe as a rather odd relationship as it was Aiden missed that time the most. It was easy for him to have some fun with Miriah and nothing was ever completely serious. Even just to live out the remainder of this year as ‘friends’ would be enough for him, if he got that he would move away after Graduation and promise to leave her and, no matter how much it would kill him, the baby alone for as long as wanted it to be like that. Until he was able to find all of that out and be sure that there was some chance of them having that relationship again he wasn’t going to tell her about the feelings he had for her – it wasn’t worth going through that feeling of being rejected by someone you really liked that he heard so much about. Even in this situation Aiden still had a bit of the Gryffindor pride about him that some would label as being just plain stubborn. He watched Miriah carefully as he waited for what she had to say. Although when she finally spoke it felt like someone had kicked him in the stomach, there went his chances for anything ever been right with them again. A small frown formed on his lips as he looked at Miriah; he didn’t know what to say. He watched as Miriah got up and put away the books. He lowered his eyes for a minute. Was this how he made other people feel when he just toyed with their emotions like they were a play thing?

When she put her books away and leaned on the bookshelf, facing him again he lifted his head up to look at her. When she asked him if he had anything else left to say in his remaining four minutes he let out a sigh. What else was there to say apart from the obvious? Frantically thinking of something else to say he listened to her. Nodding his head softly he waited to hear what she had to say. He was about to tell her why he hadn’t left her alone all semester until she mentioned that he had tried to use her. What was she on about? He was completely confused by this. Standing up he moved to the other side of the desk, leaning against it he faced Miriah. “Use you?!” He questioned back. “Miriah I never used you. I only came over to yours because I needed a friend that night. May I remind you that you kissed me first.” he said, fighting the urge to put a smug smirk on his face because now was so not the time. “And I haven’t been bugging you for pay back I’ve actually just wanted to talk to you about that night, what happened. Heck Miriah you’re pregnant with my child, how do you consider that as nothing happened?” he asked her, his voice getting a little more annoyed at the end of his sentence. All term Miriah had been saying that there was nothing about that night that was anything big and he hadn’t mentioned anything about the baby yet because he thought it went without saying but clearly it had to be brought up.

Miriah stopped and looked at Aiden with a raised eyebrow when he told her that he didn't use her and that he just needed a friend that night. She pressed some of her wavy brown hair away from her face and approached him, a fiery annoyance present in her ruby red eyes. "Aiden when have you not used a girl? What would make me any different from the rest of them that you've screwed over?" She asked him seriously. Every single girl she knew that he had been with in the passed had spoken about him using them and breaking their hearts. Miriah was frankly a little confused now because there was no way that he didn't intend to use her. She was no special than the rest of them. Oh how she wished that she was though. At least in his eyes. It would be something that made her really happy, to be more cared for by him than all the others were. But that would be a milestone that Miriah figured they would never see. Just as she was going to turn and head back to her bookshelf or to the other side of the Library and away from him he pulled out the fact that she had kissed him first, oh how she could sense the smugness in that statement. Her eyes turned away and let themselves rest onto something else so she wouldn't have to look at Aiden, she knew right away that he had gotten something on her. Sadly enough on his part though she had something to say about that too, even if she would rather say something else. "I was drunk, and I felt sorry for you. And if I recall correctly I tried to leave afterwards, your the one that allowed it to go further. And...hmph nevermind it's not worth it." Miriah could have told him that she had been wondering for a long time what it would be like to kiss him, she thought that since so many girls went after him that there must have been something special about him. Was it so bad that she wanted to know what it was like too? Too bad all those girls were right and it wasn't worth it in the end. Miriah should have just stuck to not caring about boys, it would have hurt a whole lot less. Aiden continued to talk to her, keeping her around him even though she was angry enough to storm the castle halls screaming the whole way. Finally the topic of pregnancy came up and once it came out Miriah's mouth dropped.

"Pregnant? With your child?" Asked in a much softer tone. He thought she was pregnant with his kid? It didn't sound too strange because she knew that at one point she thought she was too, but on earth could he still think that she was. But she figured that now it would be obvious that she wasn't pregnant. She didn't even look like she was, then again she always wore thick clothing so it was probably hard for him to tell. With a sigh she shook her head and realized that now they were going to have to talk about that night. "Aiden I'm not pregnant." Miriah told him as she recrossed her arms over her chest. Now she needed to wait for the explosion from Aiden that she expected to come. He thought she was having a baby for five months and now all of a sudden he was being told she wasn't.

Aiden looked down at Miriah as she closed the space between them. As he looked into her eyes he saw the anger radiating from them that he knew he had caused – absolute hatred. Miriah being annoyed and sometimes angry with Aiden wasn’t anything new, after how they used to treat each other on a regular basis it was something he had become used too. Although this was different, this time it wasn’t due to the playful annoyances that they were to one another what seemed like years ago now, this time it was pure hatred for something stupid that couldn’t be erased now and he knew that he was probably just going to have to live with it now. Although, he had gone a good few years now, simply shrugging off the way girls felt towards him once he was done with them so really this time shouldn’t be any different. As soon as he had told himself that lie he knew that it wasn’t going to be as easy as that. For months now he had been trying to shake the nagging feeling he got when the thought about Miriah and what he had done to her so he knew that it was going to take a lot long than his usual rebound time. He knew that Miriah was different though, she was his first and that was something that you got another shot at. Although he knew that he was lucky unlike some that he knew, that while nothing was going to become of Miriah and Aiden, he actually didn’t regret that it was her. Many people he knew deeply regretted who their first was due to a drunken night mistake which in all fairness was the same case for he and Miriah but Aiden had developed feelings for Miriah so he didn’t mind, albeit those feelings were a few months too late – unfortunately. At the questions she posed at him he found himself rendered speechless. He really didn’t know how he could explain what made her different without sounding like an absolute wuss then risking the possibility of it getting round the school then losing his reputation forever. Although for the first time ever he wondered if his reputation was worth the risk of losing Miriah. “Because you were my friend!” he blurted out. “And believe it or not Miriah but I hold my friends dear and would never do anything to hurt them...or try to at least.” he added the last bit slightly under his breath but still loud enough to be heard. Clearly he had hurt Miriah and he had to correct himself before Miriah told him off for being an even bigger liar. “That’s why I never tried anything, at least while sober, because I didn’t want you to end up being like any other girl.” he told her, trying his hardest to refrain from going into a bit too much detail. Listening to her comeback to his recollection of how she made the first move that night. He wanted to remind her that she quickly stopped trying to get away, something that was pretty obvious, but refrained from it because it would just end up being a back and fourth session then and that would get them nowhere. When she cut her sentence he looked at her with curious eyes, “No, what were you going to say? We may as well get everything out in the open now.” he said, hoping that that didn’t backfire on him.

Aiden had to admit now that he had gotten the whole topic of the baby off his chest and into the conversation he felt so much better but that was to be short lived. His furrowed his eyebrows again as he nodded his head as she repeated his question. Well unless she had went and slept with a lot of other guys after they had spent the night together during the holidays then he would like to think it was his child. Well when he first found out that he was going to be a father he had to admit he wasn’t overly fussed but what would one expect from a seventeen year old? That’s what he was, just seventeen and really, he knew nothing about being a father and still didn’t but the more he thought about it the more he had warmed up to the idea. He didn’t know what it was that appealed to him, maybe it was because he had played such a huge part in bringing up Giselle that it would remind him of that and soften the fact that she almost wasn’t even his sister anymore even though name change or new family, it could never remove the bond they had by blood. Although with a few short words any visions he had of becoming a father in a few months all came crumbling down around him. “How can you not be..p..pregnant? You said so yourself.” he reminded her. He vividly remembered her saying that she was pregnant near the end of the holidays so what was she saying?

Miriah knew that this was probably a bad idea. To stay in here and talk to him when they were both obviously very sensitive about the subject still. They were obviously both to stubborn to admit that they were both wrong and just needed to get over it and get back to the way things were. Miriah knew this but she refused to back down because she didn't want Aiden to think that he was right when she thought he wasn't even close. "When were we ever friends Aiden? Last I knew we treated one another like crap and I'm pretty sure friends don't do that! And it's a little too late for that Aiden, I already am like all the other girls. Used and really hating your guts right now." Miriah didn't really hate him. She didn't know that he had listened into her conversation with Theodore earlier this year too so it was unknown to her that Aiden knew very well that she didn't hate him, which is where a potential problem might have arisen. She wanted to add in that he had hurt her. He destroyed her pride and her feelings and then gave her hell all year because of what had happened during the Holidays. She wished he would just drop it and move on so she could forget and just move on with herself. There was no use being hung up on Aiden like that because it was just going to make her feel worse and worse the more she had be around him. Aiden also wanted to know what she was going to say but stopped saying and the ruby eyed girl immediately shrugged her shoulders. "I was just going to say that...that if I had known that you thought I was slut I wouldn't have done anything. I thought I liked you or something, must have just been my stupidity." Miriah shrugged and started to fiddle with a few of the books on the bookshelf to avoid looking at Aiden after her comment. She didn't really want him to know that she liked him or anything even if it was in the past because it was weird. But he was right about them getting everything out now. They were already pissed as hell with one another so they might as well just release everything they were feeling now. Then again perhaps there were some things that should be left unsaid, like how Miriah thought his eyes were pretty, how she thought he was good in bed, and how she personally thought that he was incredibly funny.

"No, you heard me say that I thought I was pregnant. But I'm not." Miriah told Aiden softly, sensing that he seemed just a little upset over something. Was he actually upset about her not having a baby or did he not believe her? Miriah figured that he didn't believe her and she walked over to him. Once they were not much more than a foot away she lifted her shirt a little so she could show him her completely flat yet slightly tone stomach. Her new belly ring also stood out well against her pale stomach. "Do I look pregnant to you?" She asked him as she pointed to her stomach. Miriah let a moment pass before she also reached out and grabbed his wrist softly. Hopefully he got the point when he saw her stomach but she was just going to make sure. Then she had him feel her stomach. "Do I feel pregnant to you? Noooope, that fat is all candy and junk food weight. Your such an idiot don't you think that if I was pregnant I'd tell you. Your seriously the-" And he cut her off by doing something she least expected him to do during this fight of theirs.

Miriah’s words felt like they were cutting into Aiden. The time they had spent as friends, as small as it was, was an enjoyable time for him to not have to put effort into bugging Miriah and such when he really had no interest in it anymore. Seemingly it was just a one sided thing as Miriah was now denying being friends with him, ever. Sure things were bad for them but was she really going to be so stubborn that she was going to change facts from the past that played a part in where they were now. For surely, if Aiden and Miriah hadn’t decided to be friends she would probably have been the last person on his mind to go see that night. He often wondered what everything would be like now if he hadn’t gone to Miriah’s that night, things would probably be a lot different but a part of him was glad that everything had happened even if things weren’t looking good right now. Aiden couldn’t even bring himself to reply to her, there was no way that he would be able to get through to her with her bring as set in her own ways as she was. And there was that word again, hate. At this stage he knew full well that Miriah didn’t hate him, after hearing it from her own mouth but yet she still stood by it. He knew that Miriah had no right to explain herself to Aiden, after all he was the jerk and the one that had made it his own personal goal for everyday to make that day just a little bit worse for her for the past four or so years that they had known each other. He listened to what she was going to say previously and had to admit that he was surprised. Although disheartened again when he was reminded about his calling her a slut. He really wished he could have changed that. He was completely out of hand that day and it was because of his stupid pride that he had let himself get ahead of himself and say things to Miriah that he really didn’t mean. Forgetting about that for now he focused mainly on the last part of her sentence. It was obviously past tense but a small part of Aiden became intrigued as Miriah had liked him? It was interesting because the way she acted towards him never imitated that of one who had feelings for someone. What was worse was now Aiden was in the same situation as her and there was nothing he could do about it. He remained silent as he watched her fiddle with the books on the shelves – it was almost somewhat calming for a silence to envelope the two of them that wasn’t full of complete anger – just an awkward silence where they were both at a loss for words.

On top of everything that was going on in his mind he had to now come to terms with the fact that he wasn’t going to be a father, just about when he was getting used to the idea, almost excited about it. When she said that he had heard her say that she thought she was pregnant, he felt as if his heart sank. That was right, when he had heard that she hadn’t even been to see the doctors or anything, how could he be so stupid? He had just spent the last 4 months thinking that Miriah was pregnant and he hadn’t even asked her to be sure – he had just jumped to conclusions. Aiden watched her take a few steps forward and saw her lift her shirt. His eyes widened a bit, not only because he saw her completely flat stomach but that she was willing showing skin – something she rarely did. Also, she had her belly button pierced, it looked good on her, but it wasn’t something he would have expected Miriah Johnson of all people to ever get done. Aiden was gobsmacked, he thought finding out he was going to be a father was a lot to take in but he seemed to be reacting to this worse. Feeling Miriah take his hand and place it on her stomach he let his hand move about a bit, as if to be sure that she wasn’t pregnant when it was clear that she wasn’t. As he listened to her rant he stared into her ruby red eyes. With his hand where it was he couldn’t help but remember the night they had spent together when he had last hand here. Right now Aiden just felt tired, tired of the two constantly fighting and he had told himself that tonight was going to be the last time he tried to make things right between the two of them. Right now, Aiden knew that this was a good as it was going to get and knowing that he and Miriah would probably never speak to anyone again he wanted to do one last thing, the same thing that had been on his mind that he had wanted to do again and again since the first time he had done it. Moving his hand swiftly from her stomach to the small of her back he pulled Miriah towards him and cut her off mid-rant by letting his lips find hers. It felt as good as it had last time, maybe even better. He knew that Miriah was probably going to hate him even more after this but he didn’t care – well he did care but would make this count so it wouldn’t be as hard every time he saw her.

Miriah didn't really know why the hell she thought she needed to show him her stomach or even make him touch it to check and make sure but she hoped it would be effective in convincing him that she wasn't pregnant. She probably shouldn't have because she wasn't really expecting him to really care at all. Thats why the words were coming out like they were, Miriah was literally floored when about Aiden and how he actually sounded almost upset that he wasn't going to end up being a father. "Aiden, did you actually want to have a baby?" Miriah asked softly looking confused at him for a moment. She wasn't planning on giving him one, ever because that would just be like preaching to the deaf. But it seemed like that he almost seemed attached to the nonexistent baby. Could it possibly be that he cared about something other than himself for some fraction of time. Okay that was probably a little harsh but she really sometimes thought that Aiden really didn't care for much besides himself and getting girls. If he had then maybe he would have thought more about her feelings before he had done anything with her. Then there came that part where he kissed her, she was in mid rant while it happened but all she could remember was his hand moving from her exposed stomach to the small of her back. She was confused and was going to tell him that he wasn't supposed to be touching her anymore and thats when she was pulled to him and she felt their lips connect. Miriah's hands twitched by her side as her mind raced and try to make sense of what she should do exactly. Kiss him back or fight? Cry or yell? Ravish him or beat him till he cries? Miriah wanted to do it all but she knew it wouldn't make sense if she did. How could it be possible to like someone but be so angry with them at the same time? What was she supposed to do about this? The longer she waited though the more she began to remember that feeling she had during the Holidays when she had kissed him for the first time. His lips were really soft against hers and for a moment she couldn't help but lean into him a little, and almost return the kiss. But before it got too far common sense hit her and Miriah knew that this was a horrible idea. Her hands drifted up and rested on his shoulder blades for a moment before she pushed him away gently.

"Why did you do that?" Miriah's face actually took on a look of being scared and hurt for a moment as her red eyes stared up at him, trying to read him and figure him out. He hated her, he even said he did that day in the Potions classroom. She remembered it very well because it was after that and him calling her a slut that she begin to cry in front of him. So why did he kiss her and hold her close like that? Was he just playing with her heart or something? Why did he persist this even though he had apologized and knew she wasn't having a baby? Why was he still here? Miriah could only guess it was because there was something he wanted. "Do you think this is funny Aiden? Messing around with people's feelings all the damn time? I-I...I think I should leave. Have a nice Christmas."Miriah rubbed at her eyes to make sure she wasn't crying before she tried to step around Aiden and search for her books and things that she would now probably go read in the common room alone. Unless, well, there's no way he would want her to stay right? What would be want with a stubborn little book worm?

As Aiden looked down at Miriah’s flat stomach it was still hard for him to get around the fact that the child he had envisioned was no longer reality, in fact it had been nothing more than a lie. He couldn’t lie to himself and say that he didn’t care, it was hard to not be a little sad when you find out that something so important in your life for the past few months wasn’t even real to start with. Even for someone like Aiden who wouldn’t really seem like the parent type had a soft side and babies seemed to be his. He drew it from watching Giselle grow up and helping out with her, even learning to change her nappies and feed her. He did enjoy looking after her and being the responsible big brother, it was the only thing that he could do to keep his mind off the fact that he no longer had his mother, even though he was young it was a lot to lose any of your parents at any age. To make it worse his father had seemed to become less bearable after his mother died and looking after Giselle was the one thing that made him happy, especially when he saw her toothless grin or heard her cute little giggle when she was happy. Although times had changed as they got older, Aiden’s love for his little sister hadn’t changed and he was very protective over her, especially when it came to their father. So he saw it only fitting that he would develop the same sort of emotions for his own child – the child that didn’t exsist. Then again, he was only 18, how ready was he for a baby, in realistic terms? Giselle had been taken away from him because he was so young and still in school, no job (and based on his grades not a great hope for one in the future) and only the money left to him by his father. Maybe his wasn’t ready to be a father – no matter how much he felt like he wanted to have one of his own. At Miriah’s question, Aiden looked down into her ruby eyes, a look of somewhat sadness showing through in his own sapphire orbs. Biting his bottom lip he looked at her stomach once more before looking back at her, “I don’t know, kinda I suppose. I had grown used to the idea and now to be told that it was never really real..it’s a bit much to take in.” he said, not caring that he was completely letting his guard down around Miriah now – it wouldn’t be the first time he had done it.

The feel of Miriah’s lips against his once more was just how Aiden had remembered it, if not better. This was something he had been wanting, craving for a while now and to taste her lips once more fed the hunger in him. He knew though that he would have to make it last as this was never going to happen again because after this Miriah would never want to talk to him again. Aiden felt Miriah’s hands rest on his shoulder blades and he felt her lean into the kiss, did she want this as much as him? His mind was whirling quickly as he tried not think about Miriah’s actions and just focus on this as he wanted to remember it as much as possible. Feeling Miriah push him away he tried his hardest not to fight it, no matter how hard that was, for he knew if he pushed his luck it would make Miriah worse. Taking in a few heavy breaths he looked down at her, the look on her face making his stomach turn...here it came. At Miriah’s question Aiden tried to find the words but his mind was somewhere else right now and not quite able to focus on what he needed to focus on. He listened to Miriah question him more and more and he widened his eyes in shock at how wrong she was. When she turned to walk off Aiden knew that he couldn’t leave it like this, he knew Miriah was going to walk out of his life after tonight and he was ready to accept that but not like this. Reaching out his hand he grabbed Miriah’s hand and pulled her back towards him. “You’ve got it all wrong and I can’t let you leave like this. Miriah I never meant to hurt you in anyway, I’m sorry but the truth is, I like you and I mean I really like you. I haven’t been able to get you off of my mind ever since that night during the holidays and you wanted to know why I kissed you there now. Well it’s because I just wanted to feel your lips against me one last time because I know that after tonight you’re probably never going to want to talk to me again and I wanted that to be my last memory of you rather than us fighting.” He stopped to take a breath, he felt out of breath now and his heart racing wasn’t helping him much either. He couldn’t believe he had just poured out his heart to Miriah but as he stared at her with determination in his eyes he waited to hear what she had to say because the ball was in her court now.

Miriah lowered her head and stared at the ground for a little while. Now she honestly felt bad because Aiden's reaction to this was sort of breaking her heart. She never expected to really ever feel that bad for Aiden like this but right now she felt nothing short of horrible for ruining it for him. 'I have been far too selfish lately.' This entire time Miriah had been more worried about herself and how she was reacting and stuff bout possibly being a mother, when she found out she wasn't she had been so relieved and grateful that nothing would interrupt her from getting good grades now. Miriah never really cared to see how Aiden would feel to her being pregnant and how he would have felt to find out she wasn't, she also thought he had an idea the entire time thus why she hadn't told him before. "I'm sorry Aiden. I guess I've been really selfish lately, I didn't think that....you would really care at all for a baby. In the end it's probably better that I'm not pregnant you know? Were too young to be parents anyways." Miriah shrugged trying to throw something positive out there that might cheer Aiden up. She felt bad and her statement about thinking that he wouldn't care for a baby didn't sound like it would make him feel all that better. He really didn't seem like the type of guy that would be good with a baby though. The past four years he was too much of a player and seemed to like girls too much to really worry about them having a child or not. Then again how many girls had Aiden been with before her anyways? She was starting to notice a slight difference between her and the others girls he had been after. Miriah had never seen him bother someone as much as he bothered her. Nor had he been that persistent to talk to a girl before. She had seen in the past that usually when a girl and Aiden weren't getting along he left her alone, but with Miriah he had bothered her with every minute he had free. Perhaps she had been overlooking the way Aiden had been treating her for something else. It wasn't like she was really good with reading guys anyways. Miriah had never even been liked by a boy let alone learned how to read them and understand what they said.

Being pulled back towards Aiden made Miriah huff slightly. Was he looking for another fight between them? He needed to let her and everything that happened between them go, and move on. But he started to speak to her and Miriah's ruby eyed softened a little. Aiden really liked her and he couldn't get her off of his mind since the night during the Holidays? A shade of red colored her cheeks as she brought a hand up to rub her cheek and distract herself from becoming shy, a boy had never told her he liked her before. She tucked some of her brunette hair behind her ears as she glanced to the side and tried to think of something to say. To be bold or hide away like she always had been. "Well this certainly changes things. I think I have strong feelings for you and I'm probably going to want to talk to you after this, now that I know the truth and everything. But to be honest your the first guy that has ever really...liked me I guess. I'm not very good at this whole thing...so I don't really know what happens and....this is a little strange." Miriah moved her fingers and realized that Aiden her hands were still attached to one another. She kept their hands attached though and squeezed Aiden's a little. It was funny, moments ago they were fighting because they had believed something else about the other that wasn't true. But once the truth came out the fighting stopped and now a whole lot of awkwardness was now hanging around.

Aiden wondered if Miriah would think him strange for liking the idea of being a father at his age. It really didn’t seem like the first idea that would come to someone at their age but when he had had the time to think about it, the less it sounded like a bad idea. Of course he wanted nothing to do with it when he first heard Miriah say that she was pregnant, or rather thought that she was pregnant. He had been furious at the idea of having his life ruined at such a young age all because he had been stupid, got drunk and had gotten Miriah pregnant – really the way any normal teenager would. Although after time the idea had started to settle in and when he thought that there was nothing he could do about it he had grown used to it and somewhere along the way began to like the idea of it. Aiden listened to what Miriah had to say. It was nice for there to be a nice, calm atmosphere around them once again, even if it was about something rather strange. Even just hearing Miriah say ‘sorry’ to him made a soft smile play on his lips, he never thought he’d hear her say that to him again, in a sincere way at least. When she re-emphasised that they were probably too young to be parents anyway he nodded it head; she was right – of course she was right. “I know. Look don’t worry about me.” he told her as he shook his head at how silly he was actually sounding right now. “Just like the first time, it took time for it to settle with me, so will this – but I’ll get over it.” he reassured her. For now that he knew that he wasn’t going to be a father it wasn’t like he was going to go and try and get some girl pregnant because he wanted a child so badly. Far from it, he was going to be more careful for if the situation were ever to rise again, he didn’t want to have to go through this again. Although if something like this was going to happen again he’d have to make sure that the girl was actually pregnant before he even started to think about it. Aiden believed that you learned from your mistakes and this was definitely a mistake that he didn’t want to make again. He had spent the past few months thinking about this and having it weigh now on his head. Granted the thought of being a father had allowed him to pick up his grades in some classes as he knew he would need a good paying job – so at least it hadn’t been all bad.

Now Aiden had said what he wanted too he thought that he would have felt some relief and while he had he clearly didn’t feel enough as his heart continued to race in his chest. Aiden’s eyes remained locked on Miriah’s face. He had just told the girl a lot and he wanted to take in all of her expressions and reactions to it, because sometimes body language said more than what anyone could say in words. Aiden noticed a few things but he didn’t know how to take them, he needed for her to say something, anything so he would know what he should do with himself and the annoying butterflies he got in his stomach when he thought of Miriah, something that was becoming all too frequent for his liking as of late – but again he didn’t really hate it. He snorted softly when he said that this changed things, he couldn’t agree more and thought it was a bit of an understatement but he let her continue. Aiden’s mouth fell open slightly at what Miriah had to say next, surely he was hearing things but everything lead to him hearing her right. “So you mean, this whole that we’ve been fighting over nothing really when we could have...well not been fighting?” he asked her, his voice a full of confusion and a little bit of anger that they had wasted all this time over nothing. “We are a stubborn pair, aren’t we?” he said with an awkward laugh. Feeling Miriah squeeze his hand he looked down at the two hands entwined for a moment and smiled at the sight. “It is strange but I like it. Also, I’m not really used to this either but I think the best move right now would be for me to ask you to be my girlfriend.” he said with a smile. Moving closer to her he wrapped his other hand around her and looked down at her, his smile never fading. “So, Miriah Johnson, will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?” he laughed a bit at how cheesy it sounded but he was completely serious.

Miriah somehow still found herself feeling bad for Aiden. He never seemed to be affected to the point where he was sad other than the night his sister was taken away so she knew it had to be semi-serious. He really had no family and neither did she so she had to admit that they knew how the other felt when it came to be alone. All Miriah had at this point was her sister and all Aiden had was his, maybe having someone to be affectionate with would help take that loneliness away even further. The brunette could find nothing to say but she was sorry and that was a good step just for her. Aiden's next statement made him sound a little angry and her eyes returned back to looking into his and she bit her lip to keep from getting upset as well, he seemed to think that there was still nothing to fight about if she liked him too. Apparently Aiden didn't exactly pay attention to details nor did he thing about the past very often because that gave the two of them plenty of good reasons to fight. "Aiden there are so many reasons we fought that it would have been impossible to avoid fighting. We used to terrorize one another all the time, we still do sometimes. And let's face it, you have a horrible reputation with girls and people think I'm a geek...no matter what we probably would have fought. Besides..I always figured I was never your type so it's not like I would have said anything about liking you anyways." Miriah said with a roll of her eyes and a soft smile at the end that pretty much meant that none of this really meant much right now, to her anyways. What really seemed to matter was that right now they admitted they actually liked one another so there was no use trying to push one another away now. Miriah was a little nervous about his past history with girls though. She remembered what happened to the other girls he ended up dating and the ones that were his girlfriends always became the worst when they ended. Miriah refused to end like that. After what they had gone through she wasn't ready to end up like that, then again how many other girls had been this close to Aiden. Has he slept with anyone else but her?

"I never thought I'd see the day when you actually ask me to be your girlfriend. I'd love to be your girlfriend, but on one condition. Please don't show up at my house drunk again." Miriah told him she would be his girlfriend with shy smile but added the last part on as a quick wink. The night didn't turn out to be so bad until the morning because they had done something they probably shouldn't have and they assumed to much at the beginning. Miriah wasn't really a fan of drunks either, she had only gotten that drunk one and the hangover part really sucked, to sum it up she just didn't make good decisions while he was around and she wasn't exactly able to think straight. Miriah leaned up and kissed him softly, it felt weird to be doing that but at the same time it felt like it was something she should be doing. "Are you still going to call me Bookworm?" She cocked her head to the side. Actually she wouldn't mind of he did because it was his nickname for her and it always had been. Miriah brought up her old nickname to maybe show Aiden that it was still okay for them to tease one another. Just not to the point where they wanted to kill one another though.

Aiden’s heart rate started to slow down a bit as he began to feel a lot more comfortable with Miriah and their current situation – finding out the girl you have feelings for returns them everything seems to get a whole lot better. It was hard to believe how things could change so quickly between two people; although he should really be no stranger to their relationship being something similar to that of a yo-yo. From the start the two had never gotten a long, never so much as to say that they hated each other but they never said a nice word to each other. From that came the point where they had become friends, while it had only been made on a pact basis it had seemed to work well for them until that faithful night that changed everything. Of course it had made the pact ‘void’ and they went right back to the start and in a way it had become a whole lot worse and while it was one sided for the most part things were still pretty bad for the two. Right now everything seemed to change again, although it was far better than anything Aiden could have imagined. He listened to Miriah voice her worries over their past and of course she was right but Aiden didn’t see why that should be a problem, well at least a big one. He rolled his eyes as Miriah reminded him about his own past, it was something that he couldn’t easily forget no matter how hard he tired – and he had tried. Although it was part of who he was but things were different now, he didn’t want to be that person anymore and he hoped that Miriah knew that. Compared to all the girls in the past she was different, she maybe wasn’t the most obvious person that Aiden would fall for but it was that reason that made him believe that she was probably the best. Before he had only seen looks and never personality, well Miriah had both to boot. “We fight, fought, whatever? It doesn’t matter to me, if it wasn’t for all those years of terrorising one another I probably would have never had any other reason to talk to you, get to know you. In a way you might have just been like all those other girls that I just toss to the side when I’m finished with them.” he told her, he felt bad telling her that but it was the truth and he wanted to show her that even though they fight it can only make a relationship stronger – well most of the time. At the end of Miriah’s mini rant he saw her pretty smile and relaxed a bit more. “Well I can see where you’re coming from. You aren’t really my type, you’re different from the past girls and that’s what makes you better than them.” he told her. He knew girls were funny things so he had to make it clear that he was willing to change for Miriah, she was the one he wanted, and that he would never dream of hurting her like he had the other girls.

When she commented on how she never thought she’d see the day where he’d ask her to be his girlfriend Aiden couldn’t help but laugh at it. He had never thought he’d see the day either, it wasn’t like he had woke up this morning and said to himself that he would Miriah Johnson to be his girlfriend – it wasn’t really the done thing. Although now that he had he couldn’t be happier. He never thought that a girl would make him as happy as he was now but he supposed it was just the sort of territory that came with growing up and becoming mature – it was a scary thought but he liked it. When she finally accepted Aiden’s smile turned into a beaming smile, he was going to take a lot of pleasure in calling Miriah his girlfriend. When she brought up the point about their being a condition he became sort of worried but when she told him what it was he knew there was nothing to worry about. “I promise.” he said before he met Miriah half way and kissed her. This wasn’t the first time it had happened but this time it was different, it wasn’t alcohol induced or done out of fear of losing her. This time it was much more sincere and nice, they both wanted it, it was a nice feeling. Breaking away a bit he heard her question and without a moments hesitation he answered, “You better believe it.” before leaning down again and kissing his girlfriend, he felt they had a lot of lost time to make up for.

One thing that Hadan Lauren Johnson knew was that the Yule Ball was not really that exciting this year, however her dress still made her look like a goddess that had fallen from heaven. Silk the color of a brownish-grayish hue made her white skin just even paler but it was also very smooth. The end of the dress wrapped around her legs and moved majestically once she walked with her heels that curved and wrapped around her feet. Her nails polished with the color blood that matched her eyes and she did not wear much make-up. Smokey eye shadow lit up her eyes even more, and showed her dark lashes even more than before. On the top of her head was a small cloth the color of white and she wore it like an elegant bandana, tied to the side which looked like a white rose. Her brown hair was curled more than it had ever been before. If her boyfriend had seen her dress up like this, there would have been some interesting interactions that night. Hadan made her way up through the corridors, a cup of fruit punch in her hand, her nude lips touching the edge of the cup. Her bloody red eyes stared ahead as she made her way from the Great Hall and toward the Library where her sister currently was. She needed to talk to her about not attending the Yule Ball because it was their last ones here in Hogwarts New Zealand. They were never going to have another one, why miss out on it? Hadan did not think that it was necessary to go and read while everyone else was having a good time at the Yule Ball. Hadan did not go before because she thought it was a waste of time, but Raffael Fox changed her mind about that. Ever since she attended in her third year, she had been going to the Yule Balls ever since and she always enjoyed them with Raffael and now she was enjoying them with just friends. A yearning rested in her heart though that she would have had more fun attending with her boyfriend. Hadan tipped the cup back a little bit more so that the red liquid could slide down her throat. She lowered the cup as she approached the fourth floor corridor and she licked her lips free of the punch. Turning, Hadan entered the Library, but there was something in there that she was not prepared to see, not in a millennia. Hadan had long ago thought that she would see just Miriah in the room and perhaps another Ravenclaw or something to study but it was not what her red eyes here feasting upon at this moment.

Her fingers tightened around the cup so that she would not drop it, but her lips formed a little perfect o shape when she saw Aiden Mauven and Miriah Johnson kissing in the library. Her red eyes filled with perplexity and mystification. This was just not what she was expecting to see on her night of fun and frolic with her friends. Well, that explained why Aiden was not at the ball with another slut or something of the sort. Hadan pursed her lips together, and she set the cup down on an empty table as she crossed her arms over her very low cut dress. Her left foot softly tapped the floor, like a professor would to interrupt young love before it got any worse. Hadan cleared her throat to get their attention, “First, you two violent my apartment with drunk sex, and I come close for a front seat show in the library.” Her tone was anything but nice, cheery and pleasant. It was full of ice and bitterness. However, her eyes went to Miriah and her head cocked slightly to the side, “I was erroneously under the impression that you loathed him. After his mindless, Aiden what in the hell were you thinking? You have a thing for my sister, and you end up just calling her names and almost ended up dead if you made her cry again! It is honestly about time you two stopped with that stupid fighting before someone ended up dead – and he would have been Aiden.” With Hadan and her family, especially Chavdar, there was no telling what would have happened in the end of it all. Hadan rolled her bloody red eyes as they locked onto the couple. She had to remember one thing, why she was mad at Aiden to begin with. One was flirting with her and obviously not taking no for an answer and the second thing was having sex with her sister under her own roof drunker than a homeless person on Christmas Eve. Hadan reached inside of her purse and she handed Miriah her Christmas gift. However, what she ended up giving Aiden was a wand pointed at his throat. Hadan warned, “I swear, if you make my little sister cry again, I will make sure that you will lose everything that makes girls consider you a man, is that clear?” Hadan put her wand away and she picked her cup of punch back into her hand and she took a small sip of it. If things in here had gotten out of hand, again, Hadan would not know how to handle it. Why couldn’t things be simpler like with her own boyfriend? And not that...dramatic things that just made her head spin.

Miriah snorted but silently had to agree with Aiden. If it wasn't for their years of fighting they probably wouldn't have started to feel like this or had much of a chance to react with one another like they did now. Then again sometimes those fights got out of hand and she knew it they did. He even went as far as to compliment her by saying that she was different from the other girls and thats what made her better than the rest of him, but he did agree that she wasn't necessarily his type too. A light red hue formed into Miriah's cheeks because she wasn't used to being spoken to like this by a boy, especially Aiden whom used to insult her in any way that he possibly could. "Wow, I'm so not used to you saying anything nice about me, except for except for when...um...you know." Miriah coughed under her breath and turned her head as her pale skin darkening a little. Of course she was still a little shy about that night because it was something that she was still a little uncomfortable with. Not having done it with Aiden but the whole idea of sex in the first place. It was something she didn't think she'd ever experience yet she ended up doing it with her 'enemy' at the time and while still in school, not many probably would have ever guessed by looking at her that she would have ever done anything. But that night did prove to show a slightly different side of Aiden then what she was sort of used to, she didn't know he was actually ever capable of well, saying things like that. Miriah shook her head to get those types of thoughts out of her head. Aiden was in the room right now and just looking at him and remembering that night was making her feel even more nervous than she already was. Perhaps once she and Aiden have been dating for awhile she would bring it up. "If you don't have anywhere else to go for the Holidays then, maybe you'd like to come stay with me or something? Oh and if you call me bookworm I'm still calling you Slacker." Miriah poked his shoulder. She liked that he was still willing to let the two of them joke around with one another. The whole lovey dovey scenario like she's seen Vincent and Alyssa and sometimes even her sister pull wasn't going to work for her. Of course they would have their moments but these two like to bother each other too much to really just completely let it go. Before she could say anything else to him she saw him lean down and their lips met against instantly. Miriah's hands instinctively went to the wrap around his neck as it deepened and the fact that they were in the Library together seemed to no longer matter.

But of course the world didn't want them to have any privacy. The one time they actually get along and mend their fighting and it had to be interrupted, and by the one person Miriah really wished had stayed down at the ball. "Hadan?!" Miriah broke the kiss but continued to stay clung to Aiden for a moment as her ruby red eyes widened in shock, horror, and a little bit more shyness. She was just caught by her sister kissing some guy she knew Hadan disliked. Then her sister started to go off and Miriah released Aiden before looking at him softly. She was going to have to clear up everything or else her sister was going to get really angry and Aiden could get into trouble. "I was just upset because I thought he was using me. But he um, well he's my boyfriend now so it's all be-HADAN! Don't threaten him!" Miriah was barely able to keep a hold of the present handed her as she tried to find some way to get Hadan to move her wand away from Aiden. She knew her sister probably wanted to hurt him and if she did try to use something he could get hurt and Miriah would feel horrible.

Aiden smiled softly when he saw Miriah blush slightly. He knew that if anyone could hear him say these things to Miriah now he probably would have gotten beaten up for being a sissy but he didn’t care. For once he was being honest with Miriah and it felt good, he knew that he should have been this honest long before now and then things could have been different, they could already have been dating if he wasn’t sure a thick idiot and too full of pride to do the right thing. Although all that was in the past now and that’s what mattered to him now. He laughed when Miriah brought up that last time he said anything nice to her, it was definitely the exception. “Well get used to it. Now you’re mine I think it’s safe to say I have a lot of time to make up for.” he told her. He had only ever been in two serious relationships and they had never been anything like this. Aiden felt so much different with Miriah than he had in the past and he wasn’t afraid of being himself around her because he had been doing it for long enough by now so he didn’t have anything to prove to her. Also, he wasn’t afraid of opening himself more around her and too her because he had been so closed off to other people for so long he felt that Miriah deserved to at least be treated properly, the way he wanted to treat her. He also knew how important this was for Miriah, having never been in a relationship before this was new to her and Aiden wanted to show her that it wasn’t all that bad, that he wasn’t all that bad. Aiden was surprised by Miriah’s offer, although it was one that he knew the answer too right away. “That sounds great! And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” he added with a small wink and smirk before leaning down to kiss her again. He enjoyed just how easy this all was being and how they didn’t find it all that hard to let themselves get lost in each other, something which was evident as he felt Miriah lean in closer to him as he wrapped her arms around his neck.

It was all becoming very enjoyable for the teenager and goodness knows when it would have stopped if they hadn’t been interrupted. He had heard the library door open but took no notice of it because they were being quiet enough and in between some random stacks so it was unlikely they would be caught. Well that’s what he had thought until He felt Miriah break from the kiss and utter a word that was far from what Aiden wanted to hear right now. Cocking his head to the side he saw the mirror image of the girl currently in his arms – but one that he would never mistake to be Miriah again. He listened to the other ruby eyed girl talk, from the off it was clear that she was none too happy with what she could see but Aiden far from cared – for once he didn’t care what Hadan had to say because he was happy and there was nothing she could do about that. He looked down at Miriah as she started to break apart and nodded his head softly as he let go off her, knowing what she had to know. Aiden listened to Miriah explain to Hadan how things had changed, enjoying being called her boyfriend. He was surprised though when in the next instant he had a wand pointing at his throat along with a threat – what a lovely Christmas present. He swallowed heavily as he looked Hadan in the eyes. He nodded at her in response to her question. Before wrapping his arm around Miriah’s waist. “Come on, I’ll walk you back to your dorm.” he whispered in her ear before leading her out of the library, they clearly weren’t going to have any privacy tonight so it would be better to end the night on a high note and just look forward to the holidays.

Hadan rolled her eyes before turned to glare at her sister, and lowering her wand. The threat remained clear in her eyes, and it was obvious that the kind, sisterly Hadan that Miriah knew was no longer here. She was far too annoyed. Until Aiden proved his worth, he would not be setting foot in her apartment. She said, her voice raised so that Miriah would know, "If he sets one toe in my apartment, I will be living alone." Hadan picked her purse up and she turned her head to see them exit. I swear, am I the smartest Johnson in the family? After her sister and her own bond was formed, this had to be...intercepted by Aiden. She glanced down at the library. Hadan turned and she left the library, confused, angry, and hoping that something would help her distract herself. She would be at her home on the holidays, investigating who that letter person was, and she going to make sure that her apartment stayed free of trash. She was not going to have someone that she did not want at her home. Especially since she was under the impression, he was coming between her and her sister. As if she was losing another sibling. Frustrated, she left the library to go to the dungeons.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back