The Lies my Mother Told Me

Aphrodite Fox

OOC First Name
Zoe
Wand
12" Ebony Wand with Kelpie Hair core
A few hours had passed since Aphrodite had overheard the conversation her mother had with Alfons about her. Aphrodite was in her guest room, and she was packing Athena and her bag, getting ready to leave. She had thought of her plan to get out, but was waiting for the letter to be sent. Athena was playing on the floor with a stuffed animal dog that was white and brown. Aphrodite was folding a pair of pajamas that she had worn last night, and then she rolled it and carefully placed it into her suitcase. The mother looked around, and realized that she never had gotten her shoes from the bottom of the stairs. She turned to Athena, and said in a quiet voice, "Mum will be right back. I'm going downstairs to get my shoes." Athena looked up at Aphrodite, with her big blue eyes, smiled and giggled, as though she was trying to respond in some way.

Aphrodite left the room, closing the dark wooden door behind her, and she slipped down the two flights of stairs. She didn't know where Alfons or Evita were at the time, but she saw her shoes and Alfons' briefcase in the same spot they were left. Alexandra's suitcases were the only things gone. Aphrodite had reached the bottom of the stairs, and she bent over to pick up her tennis shoes, when she heard a thud coming from outside the door. Curious, she opened the door, and just her luck, there was the letter from the Ministry. She looked up, and silently thanked the owl for dropping it at just the right time. The olive skinned mother picked up the letter and slipped it under her shirt. She walked back into the house, and brought her sneakers upstairs.

Aphrodite opened the door, and heard some happy mumbles coming from her daughter. She looked down, and smiled at the infant, dropping her shoes on the floor next to the door. As she walked to the desk she passed by the smiling baby and kissed her on the head. "We'll be alright, don't worry." She said, and got an ink bottle and quill from one of the desk drawers. She sat down, and opened the letter, scanning through it. Alfons was to meet the Ministry member at a local pub, but Aphrodite would make sure that he wouldn't make it there. She had her wand out, and made the ink on the page completely disappear. She re-wrote the letter, changing the location and time. She folded the letter back up, and sealed it into the envelope.

A rush of excitement rushed through her veins, but she remained calm as she walked the altered letter back down to the first floor. She still wasn't sure where her mother and step-father were, but knew that they would see the letter once they came home from wherever they were. She opened the front door, and dropped the letter on the ground in front of the house, just as she'd found it. Aphrodite walked back up the stairs, to the third floor, and continued on packing, occasionally playing with Athena, keeping her eye on the clock.

Alfons and Evita had stepped away for the afternoon, wanting to get some fresh air. Alfons had sent the letter to the ministry member almost as soon as Alexandra had arrived home, and he was eager to see when they would respond. The couple walked up the paved stairs to their house, and they noticed the hand-written letter laying on the ground in front of the large wooden door. Alfons glanced at his wife, and she nodded her head. He bent over and picked it up, as she opened the door, in one try Alfons noted.

They walked inside, and he opened the letter, reading it, then he gave it to his wife. Alfons read that he was to meet the Ministry member in an alleyway not too far from here, a bit later at night. He found it slightly peculiar, but then realized that Wizards probably prefer to go around at night because they can do their magic then. He looked up at the clock, and had only a few hours until his meeting, and helped Evita with her cooking until it was time for him to leave.

It was now 8 PM, and it was very dark out. Alfons got on his jacket, his shoes and put the letter in his pocket. Evita walked him to the front door, and he gave her a kiss on the lips, saying, "I love you, and I'll be back soon." And he was out the door, walking down the street, around a corner and across seven blocks before he reached the alley. He entered the alley, and figured that the ministry member would just, 'appear' out of thin air.

Aphrodite waited by her window, and saw when Evita and Alfons came home. She couldn't see directly down from where she was, so she could just guess that he had recieved the letter. She was playing with Athena, and had already fed her by the time the two came home. Aphrodite hadn't heard a word from Alexandra, or even seen her since that morning. It was definitely better that Alex didn't see her, but she only wished she could see her half-sister's face once she found out what Aphrodite was about to do.

It was a pretty boring afternoon as Aphrodite waited for the time to roll around, and she mainly just watched over Athena. She bathed her daughter, and their suitcases were already packed. Aphrodite sat on her bed, reading a novel, and she glanced at the clock. 7:43 PM, time to change Athena's diaper, and check to make sure Alfons was leaving. She lay her playful daughter, who was always giggling, on the bed, and changed her diaper, and threw the soiled one out. The tanned mother rushed to the window, just in time to see the bright blonde hair of Alfons turn around the corner in the direction of the location she had given him. A rush of adrenaline surged throughout her body, and she picked up Athena, embracing her in a tight grip.

She kissed her daughter, on her fair-skinned cheeks, and whispered in her ear, "Athena, nobody will take you away from me. Not even Alfons." Who in turn, responded by giving Aphrodite a very wet kiss. Aphrodite smiled, as she put her daughter down on the ground. She gave her some toys, knowing she wouldn't be long. The Death Eater took out her wand, and cast a spell on the door to lock it magically so that nobody could open it from the outside.

She waved good-bye to her daughter, and said, "I'll be gone, just a moment. Promise." Athena's large, blue eyes gazing lovingly at her mother. With a crack, Aphrodite disappeared, and as though this was normal, the toddler giggled and went back to playing with her stuffed toy dog.

About a half hour after Alfons left, it was time for Evita to go to pick up Valentin. He was at a friends house that was fairly close by, and the mother of his friend was also a fairly close friend of Evita. She just finished up the cooking for the next day's lunch and dinner, and she left it covered on the turned-off stove. She took off her apron, and put on a light sweater, and sneakers as she headed out the door. She hoped that all would end up well with Alfons and the ministry member. Evita had nearly forgotten that Alexandra had come home, had it not been that her suitcases were still at the door. Her daughter would be alright, and Aphrodite was still in her room; she doubted she even knew Alex was there, so she was at ease as she left the house, locking the large wooden door behind her.

Aphrodite appeared in the alleyway, with nobody in sight; she had beat Alfons there, so she would be waiting. Her cloak was warm in the cool Spanish night, and she had it curtained over her harsh face. She had her wand out, and was replaying over and over again in her head, 'He's not ruining my life. He is not going to ruin my life. I am going to end this, now, for myself and for my daughter.' And she walked towards the back of the alleyway, scratching the tip of her wand across the ashy brick wall to her right. She was excited, having not done this in a while. The blood was rushing to her head, and she concentrated on her goal to keep it clear. She reviewed her plan over and over again, even after the alleyway.

When she thought she heard someone enter the alley, she stopped, completely covered in the darkness, and turned to face the figure that entered. It was Alfons, and she could tell by the slight outline of him from the streetlight behind him. It was a deserted street, and a deserted alley. She watched intentely, her light brown eyes piercing through him from the darkness. He took a few steps forward, until the darkness completely engulfed him.

The Death Eater moved away from the wall, and began to walk towards him. "So, you thought that you could just get rid of me like that? Listen to my grandfather, believe what he says and then run off to a ministry official?" She asked cooly, as she faced him directly, though keeping the cloak to conceal her face.

Alfons took a few steps into the alleyway, and the shadows took him in. He had his hands clasped together as he examined his surroundings, trying to figure out why the Ministry Official would choose this location; It seemed eery to him, though it made sense at the same time. Alfons heard a somewhat familiar voice, a voice that had talked, and talked, and talked over the past few days at his home. His blood froze, and he froze in his tracks. It was Aphrodite. She had found out that they were going to expose her to the ministry, and had apparantely intercepted his letter to the Spanish Ministry.

The Blonde father thought quickly, and though he was nervous at this unexpected, evil presense, his voice remained steady, and he responded."Yes. Your grandfather told me about your past, and who you are. Your mother and I decided that this was the best for Alexandra, Valentin, You, and even Athena." He began to take steady steps backwards, ready to make a dash for down the street, just somewhere populated. He hadn't realized this until now, but the street, and even around the block was deserted.

Upon hearing this man, this man who was about to ruin her family and break it apart, dare say her child by name, Aphrodite's temper rose high above anything that it had ever gone before. Keeping her emotions in check, she lowered her cloak and marched towards him, her wand raised. "How DARE you say that this is the best for my child? You don't know what is good for children. Not for my child. What my daughter needs is me, and only me." Her voice was calm, but deadly serious as she marched right in front of him.

She had her wand pointed right into his chest, right into his heart. She fed off of the horror and terror in his bright blue eyes, and her brown eyes narrowed, and she even cracked a smile. "The best thing for my daughter right now, is you dead." She said maliciously, jabbing the wand even further into his chest. The man said nothing at all, just sat there with his mouth open in shock. Unphased, Aphrodite smiled again, finally saying, "Avada Kedavra!" There was a spark of green light, just glowing off of the man's white collared shirt where her wand was pressed into his chest. The murduress took a step back, watching the life come out of the man, leaving through his eyes, the window to the soul. Aphrodite backed up, her cloak dragging on the ground giving the illusion she was floating. With another crack, she disappeared the same way she had arrived, but was now a different person.

The last few seconds of Alfon's life went by in a flash. He was frozen, in his tracks as his step-daughter approached him with her wand raised, and at that moment, he knew his life would end. His eyes, were wide with terror, but not terror for himself, but terror for his family, and what he was leaving behind. He felt almost in a sub-conscious as Aphrodite jabbed the wand into his heart. His jaw dropped open. 'This can't be happening. My family, my wife, my son and my daughter. I will love them forever and always.' He thought to himself, as the last thing he heard were some words in English he didn't understand. His family flashed before his eyes, and his soul escaped from his now lifeless body through his eyes. He watched his own body fall to his knees, then at last, he knew he was dead.

That night Alfons Johansen died, though his soul did not shed a tear, knowing that he would be avenged by his daughter, Alexandra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back