The last village trip

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
This was the last one.No, she wasn't going to die but she was going to graduate from Durmstrang and after that although she could come to this village it would never be as a student. She was already getting teary when she thought about how empty her life would be without school and her friends. She would meet them but not on daily basis, the way she wished it would be and now with her father dead and her mother showing no interest in her life the only people she had were her friends. She looked around at the very familiar shops that she had eagerly visited for the past seven years, it all seemed to be slipping by so fast and she wished she could just hold it all in her fist and never let go, but she had to.

Going to her favorite ice cream place in the village she ordered a chocolate sundae for herself and looked at the familiar faces of the Durmstrang students. One of the second year boy she recognized from the corridor came to her table and said 'Hi Roonie, I hope you don't mind me calling you that'. Veronica raised an eyebrow because she had never been refereed to as Roonie before. The boy went on 'You played brilliantly on your last match, ended it in fifteen minutes and got the snitch right from under that boy's nose'. Veronica managed to smile and looked at the group of friends of the boy who seemed to be looking this way, it was probably some kind of dare. 'Well, I was wondering if I could have your number?' he asked her. She took it that he was a muggleborn and he too seemed to have realized that because his cheeks turned red and he turned back and quickly walked away. Veronica laughed as the boy left and just then she spotted another familiar face.

The end of the school year was already approaching and to Dederick lickings he would be leaving sooner than he thought instead of typically taking the train home. His mother had made early plans to meet outside of the campus, though it was still to early to pack his belongings and wait for her arrival. He still had a good two weeks for that to happen. Till that day come, he kept going on regularly with the school's schedule and ignoring everyone around him. As always, he went about his business, that's when he overhead the last visit for the weekend trips to the nearby Townsend was this morning.

With a clear afternoon ahead and none of his friends actually attending this school, Dederick made his way to the Townsend, the normal crowd rushing about ignore the loner boy. He went to the first approaching shop, finding it less crowded and capable of moving around, Dederick sat down not ordering anything just yet. He would've went with a rootbeer float, though his attention was distracted by the nature around him. He spotted Veronica familiar face, after a boy dismissed himself, Dederick immediately thought wrongfully of her. A tendency of him always to judge before actually knowing what's happening first. He gave her a look than turn away from her. Their last meeting had still been confusing to him, he did his way of ignoring what he couldn't understand. With Veronica he couldn't understand anything, for that he remain to act as if she didn't ever existed or put in part that he never spoken to her at all.

Veronica waited a minute for Dederick to show some response and then raised an eyebrow as she realized he ignored her straight away and there was no way anyone could ignore Veronica unless she chose for them to. She got up from her chair and walked to the table beside hers and looked down at Dederick. "Hi" she said in her normal excited voice. Not asking if she could join him she took the second seat on the table because she knew had she asked him he would probably make some excuse and make an escape. "For a second I almost thought you didn't recognise me" she said taunting him indirectly. "Of course you couldn't have been ignoring" she added with a smile.

The group of second years now watched her and seeming confused at the company she now had they decided to leave and stop trying there luck. "Are you always the loner type?"she asked him curiously wondering why the she always saw the boy alone. She was the curious cat and wouldn't stop until she got the answers but she only wanted to know. She was not the prefect sort who developed the facts they got to get some results, she didn't turn out what she knew into gossip like others, she just wanted to know that to make friends however Dederick was someone who looked like they would take a while to open up.

"Should've waited a second later and maybe I would've responded" Dederick pealed back his lips, he mostly mouthed out the words than actually say rudely to her this time. What he didn't like was the way she was acting around him, as if they were already friends. Just cause we snogged, didn't make her a friend, it just made her look a lot easy. But this time he didn't say that out loud, he would skip the repeat from happening and just stared straight away. "Loner type? Didn't know I was categorized now? What's that suppose to mean anyways?" he repeated some of the words back, holding off from getting irritated of her a lot longer. She didn't say anything to insult him just yet, it was just asking question that got to him. Though he didn't mind it a few weeks back, why did he care now? She'll get bored of him anyways, being the less talkative human he was, Veronica will leave soon. Soon just didn't seem fast enough.

Veronica laughed at his reply. "It was a second too late" she said with a grin. She had learned that Dederick was the silent type and he took a while to be friendly but she was a nut cracker and she was going to try and be friends with him. His short replies which were just on the edge of his snapping character weren't going to scare her or bore her because she had nothing to do. "I'm not categorizing you, I'm just understanding you" she told him and watched the waiter bring her chocolate sundae."It means that all the times I've seen you, you're always alone" she explained. "Are you going to order anything?"she asked him hoping that he would soon melt by her polite and friendly behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back