Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eryk
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Libby had with her two books for which she was trying to study. Both belonged to classes she was trying to do well in, and for one of them, one she wanted to teach once she left school. She was looking for a spot, somewhere she wouldn't be found. She knew the school pretty well, and decided to go to the first floor corridor for a very good reason. It was always deserted. Of course you got the average student going through it, but no one gave you a second glance.

Libby took a seat on the stone floor on the opposite side of the window so the sunlight would shine down on her. It was spring and the weather was begining to turn nice again. Opening the book on her lap, she began to reciete what she'd learnt in her morning lesson. She would need to pay close attention if she was going to do well enough to teach other students. She already had a mentor, and found that teaching him was hard enough, and there was only one of him, not thirty.

Sam was beginning to make the most of the pleasant weather. Winter hadn't gone so smoothly for him, Toni was the main reason. He didn't know what was up with her, she just seemed so distant. They had barely spoken to each other since they came back to Hogwarts and to be honest, Sam was quite annoyed at her. However, he wasn't going to be one of these boyfriends who were clingy and needy. No, Sam wasn't the type. Instead he would wait for her to come around and hopefully with an explanation.

After returning from a long refreshing jog around the grounds, Sam made his way towards the Hufflepuff House. As he made his way up to the first floor corridor he didn't acknowledge anyone on the steps, if he knew them, they would have acknowledged him. Then, as he walked through the First Floor Corridor he wasn't surprised to see it pretty much deserted of students. The First Floor corridor was really just to get from 'A to B', no one ever really paid much attention to it. As Sam thought these thoughts he noticed a figure up ahead sitting on the ground, as he came closer he realized he recognised this person. It was Libby. "Studying? Seriously?" He asked her raising an eyebrow cheekily. Over the summer Sam had changed quite a bit. His voice had finally become deeper, his shoulders were broader and overall, Sam had grown taller. Studying was something that Sam dispised, even coming close to exams he couldn't bring himself to start studying. So, now, he really couldn't understand what Libby was doing.

Libby jumped when she heard a familiar voice. Looking up she saw someone she least expected, "Oh Sam, Hi" she smiled at him. Glancing back down to her book trying to keep calm she replied, "Yeah. Astronomy. I have to if i'm going to teach it one day." she explained. She looked back to Sam and realized how tall he'd gotten, even from when she last saw him a few weeks ago, but it was a brief vist, she told herself. "The common room is way too lonely these days. And right now i don't want to face any other houses" she smiled. She looked around the still deserted corridor. "I mean, the common room doesn't feel like home anymore" she added, wondering if he had any idea what he meant.

"So what about you?" she asked him, "What have you been up to?" she asked politely, a small smile still on her face. "I heard there arn't going to be any Quidditch games this year." she added, "I was going to try out for the team this year, you know, get back out there" she grinned.

Sam rolled his bright blue eyes playfully as she said she was studying Astronomy. He really did not get the obsession with the subject that so many people that he knew had. What was so good about stars? Maybe it's a girl thing, he began to think before remembering that Scorpius was a huge lover of the subject. Maybe it's just an academic student thing, he thought humourously. As Libby went on to talk about the common room he nodded in agreement. He really didn't feel like he could relax in the common room like he used to, he spent most of the time in his dorm now. It was his dorm this year since he wasn't sharing it with any other guys. "I know what you mean. But I guess, things are always like that at the beginning of the year. The first years just seem to claim the common room and everyone else knows just to stay away from it at this time of year." He said whilst scratching the back of his head casually.

Sam shrugged his broad shoulders lazily, "Not a lot really. Just settling back into things at school like slacking of assignments and classes...y'know, the usual." Sam said with a short low chuckle. Since his first day in his first year at Hogwarts, Sam knew he was destined to be a procrastinator. He rarely handed in assignments on time and when he did they were never really all that great. Sam didn't do things half-heartedly it was either all of his effort or none of it. Unfortunately Sam didn't put any effort in school subjects only because he had no interest in them. Quidditch and music was where his passion and effort went. If only he got graded on those, he'd be an O student for sure. "Yeah it sucks doesn't it? I always love the games against the other houses." He sighed quietly. "But it still isn't going to stop me from training for next year." He added brightly. He looked up and down the corridor and then at his watch. When he returned to the Hufflepuff house he knew he would just end up sleeping or prehaps reading 'Quidditch through the Ages' for the hundtreth time, he looked back at Libby. "Hey, do you mind if I hang with you for a while?" Sam didn't mean to interrupt her studies but he felt like he never really talked to Libby anymore and now there was the perfect chance to.

Libby smiled as Sam talked about how the first years ended up claiming the common room. "Yeah." she gave a small laugh, "My brother's joined this year. He's a Slytherin." she mentioned, not really sure why. Libby had thought he would have made her house, but as always the sorting hat had other ideas.
She nodded when he said he had been settling back into his classes, "I really think Hufflepuff's need to get more. I mean, there's hardly any of us now and the ones that are left, well, don't you think they're all being kinda pushed back from other houses?" she asked him. To her, it felt like hardly anyone noticed the puff's these days.
She'd always admire the fact Sam never gave up, and smiled as she heard he would continue his training for quidditch. Libby herself was just an alternative, but for a few years now had been longing to be on the team properly. "Of course i don't mind" she smiled, glad of the oppotunity to chat to someone. She closed her book. She would do that later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back