OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera walked into the Great Hall with her hand in Alex's. She was dressed in a revealing dress she doubted her fiancee would approve of. It had a rather large chunk of missing fabric in the middle of her chest before flowing down to the floor. It only had one shoulder, revealing much of her upper back. She had a small glittering band around her head. She was a vision, looking much like a princess.

Kiera knew what she was doing was wrong. She had agreed to marry James. She subconsciously she looked down at her left hand and smiled. Soon, her finger would have a ring on it. It felt wrong being here with a boy that didn't care anything for her anymore. Kiera could see it in Alex's eyes when he looked at her. He no longer wanted her. Kiera couldn't help but wonder if things would have been different had he fought for her. Instead, he had given in, distancing himself from her. Kiera looked at her best friend with a smile. She still loved him but now she knew it would never be enough, he didn't love her back.

Kiera looked around the Great Hall. She spotted several of her friends scattered around the dance floor and at the sides of the room. Kiera turned to Alex. "Would you like to dance with me?" she asked, knowing this would be her last dance with him. They were both graduating and moving on.

Alex walked in, wearing a plain black suit with a t-shirt instead of a shirt for this year. And no flower! Instead, he just had a folded up piece of cloth. But he didn't mind. He knew fine well the suit fitted him perfectly and with his addition of white toed sneakers, it looked smart but casual at the same time.
As he looked at Kiera, he still had to stop himself from kissing her like he normally would. Her dress made her look as beautiful as ever and if she had still cared for him, he would have protested on her wearing that until she had changed. But she didn't care so he would not interfere with how she wanted to run her life again.
He smiled as Kiera as she asked if he wanted to dance. Happy memories from that night with the younger girl skimmed into his mind. 'When would I not?' he asked her, noticing she was looking at her left hand. He glanced down seeing nothing but she probably noticed some unexisting blemish on it and thought nothing of it.
Leading her to the dance floor, he almost cursed the dj as a slow song came on. Now he would have to guard himself even more this time. 'So what made you wear that tonight? Fight with Cecily and you decided to rebel?' he joked with her as they twirled round in slow circles.

Kiera was slightly surprised as Alex said that he would dance with her. It was slightly different tonight. He was acting more like his normal self. She thought back to last year. They had gone to the dance together. It had been the best date she could have asked for. Kiera had liked Alex then and he had liked her. So much had progressed in the last year. She looked at her boyfriend and wished things could have been different. He would have been her only love if it hadn't been for James. Alex was her soul mate but James was something more, even greater than a soul mate.

Kiera laughed as Alex spun her around on the dance floor and made a joke. She owed it to him to be the best date she could be tonight. Tomorrow she planned to break the news to him. "Yeah it was an out and out brawl." she said with a serious look on her face. Kiera couldn't keep a straight face. "No we didn't fight. I thought you might like it." she said still laughing.

Alex shook his head at her in disapproval as she said it was an out and out brawl. 'What example are you setting?' he joked back in mock disappointment. At least joking was taking the tension away and the fact it was a slow song. They were just going at their own speed which was completely pointless on the music point but it kept them from having to dance close together.
He smiled as she laughed again. It was nice to hear her laughter after so many incidents of her saying lies. 'Hmm, am I expecting something bad to happen to someone tonight?' he teased her playfully. A sudden though flashed his mind. What if he was expecting some bad news? What if she had met up with him once more? Why the lying b-. Alex stopped himself before he could think anything else behind his cheerful mask. He didn't know anything. Maybe she had been faithful to him this time. Just maybe.

Leah sauntered into the Great Hall wearing a short blue dress with her hair pulled back out of her face. She was particularly proud of her dress, she had ordered it from a muggle magazine that she had gotten her hands on a week or so ago.
The Hall was crowded, not surprising seeing as it was the Yule Ball. Leah did not see Alexander yet, but she knew he wouldn't ditch her without telling her.
Leah walked over to one of the tables and took a seat, looking around to find her date.

Alex walked up behind Leah and put his hands over her eyes. " Guess who?" he said, remembering how he scared her last week down at the lake. " I told you I would come, didn't I." He said as he sat down across from her."So who are we waiting for now?" He asked hoping Cullen would come down so he could pulverize him into the ground, ever since that night he had been getting along with Maddiie, but she hadn't mentioned the yule ball, so Alex ended up bringing Leah as a friend, seeing as he didn't want her to be lonely down here and he would feel bad if she was.

Leah rolled her eyes as Alexander tried to scare her. "It doesn't work the thousandth time." She remarked with a smile. The Great Hall was beautiful. She admired the intricate designs of the chairs, and couldn't help but be fascinated with the way the roof was showing the night sky. It was especially beautiful tonight. "Did you want to dance?" Leah asked in way of an answer. She was not waiting on anyone.

" If you want." He said hoping that Maddiie wouldn't come down and get the wrong idea of what was going on here. He grabbed her hand and led her over towards the dance floor. The music was kind of fast paced and would be good for a rumba. " You sure you can dance to this?" He asked, he kind of felt bad about not bringing Maddiie but he had already made arrangements with Leah to come with her, just as friends seeing as she had no one, and it was when Alex wasn't talking to Maddiie.

Leah watched Alexander carefully. He seemed very saddened, and she knew it was about Maddiie. She felt a little bad that he was here dancing with her, when she really knew he wanted to be dancing with Maddiie. She frowned, and followed Alex to the dance floor. Although Leah really didn't want to be corny, she was a very accomplished dancer. "Oh yes, I think I can." She stepped carefully on the floor and circled Alexander before taking his hand, and twirling herself.

Kiera laughed again as Alex asked her what kind of example she was setting. She shook her head. "I suppose I'm not setting a good example but then again, when do either of us set a good example for the younger students?" she teased him back. She didn't mind that it was a slow dance. Tonight was her chance to be close to him for one last time. Kiera would never regret anything she ever shared with Alex. She hoped that he wouldn't regret her when all was said and done. Her feelings for Alex had been true and they would remain that way.

Kiera frowned as he seemingly joked with her. Was she giving off some unconscious signals? Kiera shook her head at his question. "No. Why would I do that?" she asked, confused. It wasn't a lie. She didn't want to tell Alex about James until tomorrow. She owed him at least one night with her full attention.

(ooh, :o what do we have here? intruders :glare: :r :p )

Alex rolled his eyes as Kiera teased him back. Well he never asked to be Head Boy, and that was one of the reasons. At least with him, he wasn't the one to blame for a bad example. Smiling as the music picked up some more tempo, he twirled her round once more, feeling the music flow through him more.
'Never mind, I was only joking with you Kiera,' he replied, now feeling she had just covered up for herself. And he reckoned it had something to do with that James. He smiled at her before looking at the sky for a bit. 'They enchanted it nicely didn't they. Last ball you know,' he commented looking back down at her, a bit sad as he realized it was his last yule ball.

((Sorry I told them they could join ^_^ ))

Kiera's frown was wiped off of her face as Alex spun her once more. A bright grin spread across her face. Alex had always had a habit of making her feel carefree. It was one of the things that had originally attracted her to him. Kiera saw the look on Alex's face and knew he was thinking she was covering up something. Their brain waves were often on the same thoughts. Kiera atributed that to the fact that Alex was her best friend. She spent more time with him than anyone else at school, or at least she had before the article.

Kiera smiled sadly at his words but she nodded her head. "Yes, it really looks magnificent in here. I'm going to miss this." she said in reference to the ball. She didn't realize it but her words fit perfectly to the current situation. Kiera would miss Alex and all that they shared.

Alex sighed. At least she spoke the truth this time. 'Yeah, I never really thought of it much but I think I've actually called this home for too long to want to leave it now,' he continued, knowing it would be really hard to leave this place come the winter. Twirling Kiera round once more, he was glad for the upbeat music. It kept his energy from the dancing cancel out a lot of the sadness.
Bringing himself back to the present though, he smirked. 'Bet you I'll have the better graduation speech between the two of us,' he playfully betted with her. Of course, he never would be but it'd be fun to see the outcomes if they held a vote for the 7th years next year.

Kiera nodded her head. She knew Alex's parents were no longer around and she couldn't help but wonder what he was going to do after graduation. She knew what he meant. Kiera knew she was going to have a new home when she left Hogwarts, a home with James. "Where are you going to go?" she asked him. Kiera wanted to make sure he was going to be safe. Definitely no more incidents like last summer.
Kiera laughed as he twirled her around. It took the seriousness off of her face. The music was upbeat, bringing a smile to her face. Finally, he made another joke towards her. It was like it had been when they first met. Kiera shook her head with a competitive smile on her face. "That's not even close to possible. I beat my speech trumps yours." she said with a smirk.

Alex shrugged. He hadn't even thought of that bit yet. I don't know. Might just hitch hike for a while and then, I'll just go with the flow.' he answered her, not caring about after school. He had managed every other year when there was only him and his brother. He was pretty positive this year would be no bother as usual. 'And I take it you're staying with friends, yeah?' he replied, knowing quite a lot of the 7th years where crashing for a while before getting some jobs or whatever it was they were doing.
He laughed as she betted against him. 'Hmm, how about we hold a vote then? And however loses buys the first round of drinks in town,' he replied, setting the challenge for her. He gave her a crooked smile waiting for her acceptance to the challenge.

A look of concern came to Kiera's face as he said he was going to hitch hike. She didn't exactly like that idea very much. "You'll be safe right? No injuries?" she said, wanting him to say he would be careful. Kiera shook her head at the question. She would not be staying with friends. She wasn't even sure she would be staying with James. "I have to go back to California. I have to train everyday. The Olympics are this coming August and the qualifiers are before that. I need to get ready." she said with a smile on her face. Kiera needed to be where her coach was. He hadn't been happy with her when she insisted that she had to return to New Zealand. She was determined that she would win at least one gold medal.

Kiera laughed as he did. She liked his challenge but she wondered if he would still want to do that once he found out she was going to marry James. Kiera hoped he would. He had been in her life for over a year. It was hard to imagine Alex vanishing from her life. He smiled her favorite smile and she couldn't help but come closer to him. A wide grin spread across her face. "Your on!" she said with another laugh.

Alex rolled his eyes again as Kiera asked if he would have any injuries. 'Well, I can't exactly predict the future but I certaintly hope I don't get that many,' he replied honestly. She was probably thinking up worse scenarios then hitchhiking really was.
'Olympics...still going for that. Well, I might see you in August then,' he replied to her, giving her a wink. It was highly unlikely he would as the running events weren't exactly anywhere near the gymnastic events but it was a small world. In fact, he wasn't even sure he'd go for them. He had had tons of training but well, it was still quite daunting considering he had never competed before.
He smiled as Kiera seemed to be extremely happy of the upcoming competition they had. It was nice to still be able to make her happy, even if it wasn't by him personally. But he knew she didn't care for him anymore so that was that. 'Be prepared to buy the drinks then,' he teased back and he twirled her round before she could rebut immeadiately.

Kiera decided to ignore his comment about predicting the future. He was just trying to get to her as he usually did. It was something that annoyed her but made him Alex. "Yes, I was still planning on competing as long as I can qualify.." she said, her voice trailing off. Her face spread into shock as he said he might see her there. "Wait...what? You still want to go for running?" she asked, knowing he had been thinking about that once. It was surprising to her but it excited her to know that even after Hogwarts she might still see him occasionally. Kiera still cared for Alex even if his heart had turned cold towards her.

Kiera snorted as he said she should prepare to buy the drinks. She was about to make a retort when he spun her around again. She laughed, knowing he was trying to distract her. As she came back to face him, she shook her head. "On contrary sir, I do believe you are the one who needs to start saving your galleons." she said with a wink.

Alex smiled as Kiera seemed surprised on him being maybe being there in August. 'I never stopped wanting to go for running Kiera.' he stated as the tempo returned to another slow song. But this time Alex didn't mind much. His conversation had taken away most of his thoughts on keeping his guard on.
Alex pretended to be shocked as Kiera retorted soemthing back to him. 'Oh, I'm sorry. What was that I hear? Did you just just say you were pulling out of the bet?' he played with her, trying to wind her up as usual.

Kiera came closer to Alex as a slow song started again. She put her arms around his shoulders, coming close to him. She was forgetting the past month of cheating and lies. It was like they had taken a year back in time when they were both just having fun. No pressure. She smiled at Alex. "I guess I just didn't realize it. Its great though really." she complimented him. Kiera laughed as Alex pretended not to hear her. "In your dreams. Fat chance of that." she said with a smirk. "I think its you who should consider dropping out." she said, grinning.

Alex laughed as Kiera tried to turn it back on him. 'Now, now. No need to be vicious. I was only asking what you said,' he turned back, raising an eyebrow at her playfully. He had to admit. The night was turning out quite well so far. The friednly conversation had made Alex completely forget about the guard he ussually used to stop Kiera getting to his heart again and was letting his arms hand loosely round the small of her back as they danced.
He noticed one of the girls dancing near them with her shoes almost killing the floor. He felt sorry for the boy dancing with her that was for sure. 'Who bets her feet are killing her right at this moment?' he whispered to Kiera, motioning over to the girl's stiletto high heels she was wearing.

Kiera grinned at Alex as he told her not to be vicious. She knew he was only teasing her. She shook her head and laughed. "You knew perfectly well what I said." she said with an amused expression. She was slightly surprised by how well they were getting along tonight. It seemed all barriers he had put up against her had finally fallen. Kiera was having a great time as she leaned her head on his chest. Kiera looked in the direction Alex pointed. Kiera laughed as he whispered in her ear. "I would say that she is dying right about now. You're lucky I didn't wear shoes like that." she whispered back to him. If someone was standing on the walls watching them, they would be deceived. The pair looked like two lovers instead of what they had become.

Alex winked a Kiera as she continued to put her view forward. He knew the argument was coming to a close though. They had almost exhausted every single point they could conjure tonight but they'd probably repeat them another day if they spoke about it again.
He burst out laughing as Kiera commented on the girls shoes. 'If you wore those shoes, I'd be thanking God that you're a good dancer,' he whispered back jokingly, as the pair starting looking at them slightly. Spinning Kiera slightly away from the couple, he pulled a face of mock pain pretending to be the girl's partner.

Kiera laughed as Alex did. They were having fun for the first time in a few weeks. All the business of cheating and lies was erased from their memories. They returned to the simpler people that they had been when they met. "You took the easy road when you got me as a dance partner. Just think of who you could have ended up with." Kiera told him in a whisper. Kiera laughed as Alex spun her away from the couple they were mocking. The laughter didn't stop as Alex pulled a face at her. Kiera tried to put a stern look on her face. "Alex Cullen! Behave yourself." she said, failing to keep a straight face.

Alex laughed as Kiera told him off for mocking the girl even further. He stop mid-flow and put on a much better straight face than Kiera was struggling with. 'Sorry,' he replied, pretending to be very sorrowful. 'I will try and behave like a blank person from now on,' he added, before sticking his tongue out at her and a grin spreading on his face again.
'Aww, c'mon. It's our last ball. Gotta make the most of it,' he added, nudging Kiera slightly. He was glad he was wearing his sneakers tonight. Ussually, his feet would have been becoming slightly sore but no, they were as comfortable as they could be. He didn't exactly care if he had brought the dress code. It was needed broken by now anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back