Yerik Rhys Price

OOC First Name
Mintzy
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
hogwartsmonthlystamp.png

Year 17 - Semester 2 - Issue One

Rumour Has It 5 is finally out!

Are you feeling excited? Confused? Angry? Or maybe you just don't really care? A mixture of feelings is in the air, with its latest scoops from Anonymous. Rumor has it or RHI for short caused quite a stir around HNZ's students and there's no doubt that it's been successful over its past four issues. Over the past issues, you can read over and over a few familiar names. Prefects are always the one who gets a spotlight each year, same us the ones who already made their name famous even before RHI. Everyone's dying to know if it's real or not real and that's the fun part of it, to figure it out.

On the other hand RHI is also a form of bullying that is through print gossip. From the word gossip itself, Gossip is a rumor about the personal or private affairs of others. It is one of the oldest and most common means of sharing facts, views and slander. Now a day, Gossip is considered public and at the same time a conversation starter for some. We've been insulted, a secret of ours came out, and relationship got a way bit far. It's always a laughing stock to others. Think about it this way, it entertains others which made you famous or it destroyed you.

Rumour Has It has been known for its frank and tough gossips about Hogwarts New Zealand students, good news or bad news, no one can escape it. For the past year/s, it's been known around the school. Making gossips into something scandalous that can break or make other people. With the popularity of the magazine being spread all over the common rooms and even outside the castle, who knows when it will appear again? So, what makes RHI's special? Gossip. Who couldn't even resist that? Even our own professors have tried reading the magazine and to no prevail, anonymous still remains anonymous to us all. Who is anonymous? Are they a group of students waiting to rule the world? Do we already know them? Tricky, aren't they? We may hate or love RHI or maybe both but surely it made our life brighten a bit. For sure all of us are looking forward for the next issue, who know you'll be the next one in it?
</FONT>

Hello and Goodbye!

So, here we go again, the start of a new year at Hogwarts! We all remember our graduates fondly, especially our former Head People, Dymetris Kozlov and Ostensia Romanes. Both gave wonderful speeches at the Graduation Ceremony, and we wish them, and all the graduates good luck in future endeavors. We also wish good luck to our new Prefects and Head People, we have eight new Prefects, which makes eight more people we're not allowed annoy-be warned!

~Giselle Varius
~Jennette Jenkins

~Auden Lefevre
~Proserpina Laurent

~Oliver Cade Halliwell
~Star Moon

~Justin Kuya
~Artemis Jackson

Our two new Head People are Hufflepuff's Kate Moon, and Ravenclaw's Isaia Romanes. We wish them the best of luck, though they don't need it. We all know they'll do a great job!

So, with that, we start a new year. I hope everyone enjoys themselves. Enjoy yourself, it'll be over sooner than you think.

Ten Awesome tips for first years for them to survive HNZ

Avoid seventh years at all costs.
Most may seem like they're, kind, friendly and ready to help if you're lost within the castle. But falling into the path of these older, mature students usually means falling into a trap. Hide from these older foes if you want to spend your first year carrying your own books.

Please keep in mind that it's 'LeviOsa' not 'LevioSA'
Pronouncing spells accurately is not only important for you, but for the students around you. Take a route of caution to avoid learning about this the hard way. Because nobody wants to leave their first charms lesson without any eyebrows.

Your wand isn't a toy.
No matter how much you want to use your wand outside of class, it's not always a good idea. Remember, you're still a beginner and one million times more likely to make a rookie mistake, hurting yourself or possibly another student in the process. That is not how you want to make friends.

Flying is supposed to be taught!
We all like to brag, especially as a beginner. Everybody wants to think they're the next big Quidditch star, don't they? But before showing off your non-existent flying skills, remember that climbing the stairs is hard enough with two legs, let alone none.

It's called the forbidden forest for a reason people!
Some students may tell you the forbidden forest is a walk in the park, and nothing to be afraid of. You may want to consider going there yourself. But before you make that decision, take a moment to consider the reason it's forbidden. Possibly because of all the dangerous creatures that dwell among the trees?

Believe it or not, uniform is important.
It's not a good idea to be considered as a sloppy dresser this early in the year. The first impression would probably last for a while, regardless whether or not you clean up your act. So before you leave your dorm in the morning, make sure you're as tidy as can be!

Take caution when walking in the dungeons.
You don't want to be called a 'fraidy cat, do you? You'll sure be scared of the dungeons if you don't take caution when exploring them. Remember, Professor Styx isn't the only creepy thing lurking the darkness. Older students can be just as frightening!

Branch out and make friends!
The only way to avoid being branded a 'loner' is to not be alone! You aren't restricted to making friends with the other students in your house, and if you don't hesitate to branch out, there's no telling how many friends you'll make! All you need to do is put yourself out there.

Don't be late to class.
Nobody wants to get on the professors' bad side this early, so getting to class on time is crucial. If you get to class early, you may even score brownie points with the professors. Definitely something to keep in mind if you want to be a prefect in a few years' time!

Have fun!
The most important thing about your entire first year is to have fun! You get to make new friends, and learn about magic. So make the most of your first year while you can!

Professor and Student's Spotlight!

The Hogwarts Monthly has recently added a new section to its paper. The Professor Spotlights. In this section of the newspaper, one professor will be spotlighted. Chosen by you students. I will then interview this Professor and find out those sorts of things you students have always wanted to know.
Our first professor this month is none other than new Professor Speed Stark!
I was able to catch up with him recently and he was quite willing to answer a few questions.

1. So Professor, how do you feel about being spotlighted by your students?
This is really lovely. I'm flattered, I didn't really expect to be spotlighted at all, considering I'm new here and have yet to meet many students. It's an honour.
2. Why did you decide to teach Care of Magical Creatures here at HNZ?

Well... Care of Magical Creatures was one of my favourite subjects when I was at school. When I heard that there was an open position here, I decided I'd go for it, I love teaching and it's easier teaching here since I already know one of the Professors personally.

3. Really? Well who might that be?
Professor Jinxx, she is a friend of my Uncle's.

4. Well, that is very exciting. Another question though, is there any other position you feel you would like to try?
Hmm... I think Divination would be fun, but I'm not a Seer, so I'd probably fail immensely at it.

5. What about teaching your class, do you find most appealing?
I love showing my students the creatures they share the Earth with. It's fun to see some students react with creatures they've never seen before, or creatures they love, or hate. It's interesting.

6. Last question professor, do you feel you are making an impact on your students lives?
I hope so!

Well there we have it boys and girls. How do we feel about that?

Next we have everyone's favorite little goblin. Khione Hawthorne!

Oh Hi Miss Reporter! I'm Key-Oh-nee! Khione! Oh my!? A question and answer? I love those stuff! Yaaaaay! *jumps around in circles*

1. So Khione I heard you are into some pretty freaky stuff, Care to explain?
Oh Have you? That's wonderful! Blood, isn't freaky or is it? Anyway, yes I love to play with Fake Blood, I love it's slimy texture. I also collect like a tons of them back at home. One of my bucket list is to be in a bathtub full of fake blood. Since we are already taking about flood and my fascination about it. I should also mention that I love nosebleeds but don't get me wrong I don't want people to get harmed or anything, I just really thing nosebleeds are beautiful.

2. Are there any particular classes that you are interested in?
Definitely, Care of Magic Creatures! I have loved it from the start, the different creatures really intrigues me. Animals have been a huge thing about me and just having a lesson where you can pet different kinds of creatures makes me happy.

3. What is your dream occupation?
Oh! Oh! I want to be a Flying Professor someday or Maybe a Professor in Care of Magical Creatures in HNZ, which ever is available in the future. In addition to that I would love to be a professional quidditch player too. I just hope I can juggle two careers at once.

4.Do you enjoy having Goblin genes? Do you have horns?
I love being a part-goblin and I'm proud of it! Horns? I know I like to pretend I'm a unicorn but I certainly do not have any horns, though that would be so awesome!

5. So I heard you are an Alternate on the Quidditch team, how does that make you feel?
Alternate or not, I'm still thrilled to be apart of the Quidditch team. I'm not going to give up on that seeker position, ever!

6. That is a wonderful attitude to have Khione. Is there anything special we can look forward to from you in the future?
Other than me? I'm looking forward to new classes, new friends, and whole lot of new stuff!

7. Okay, thanks for that Khione, is there anything you would like to add?
Hmmmm, if you would like to be friends with me I'm always behind the bushes or up on the trees! Thanks You Miss Reporter!

Keep it up students, I would like to see who you want spotlighted. Til next time!

Dear Aunt Meg...

"Dear Aunt Meg,

I think I'm falling in love with my best friend, but I don't want to ruin our close friendship, we're both girls! So what should I do?!

Signed,
Utterly Confused."

This is a difficult question. I suggest that if you trust your friend enough, you should tell them. Keeping it to yourself won't help you, and it won't help your friend, it'd be best that you talk it out, and if you lose a friend because of it, then maybe they weren't really for you anyway and you can find someone that will appreciate you.

"Dear Aunt Meg,

I don't know what to do! I've been ignoring my best friend for awhile now because he barely pays attention to me, and when he does it's to make fun of me or because he's about to complain to me that I don't do enough with him. What should I do?

Signed,
Help Me!"

I think in this situation it is best to continue to ignore your friend. If they were really your friend, they would treat you better, but if ignoring them makes you feel guilty, maybe you should try and work it out with them, they might not know that they're hurting your feelings. If you don't tell them that they're forcing you to ignore them, they might never know.

"Dear Aunt Meg,

I want to get better grades at school, but studying in the library is far too boring for me, and classes are worse! What can I do?

Signed,
Need Better Grades."

I suggest maybe form a study group. Studying by yourself can always be boring, so make some friends that will study with you in the library, and I'm sure you'll learn something, and have a lot of fun.

Horoscopes for Everyone!

Aries:
Things have been good so far, for you Aries. Be sure to keep those friendships going, and leave yourself open for new opens. Don't push too hard though, or you'll get some serious backlash. Keep at the clubs you've joined, for they pay reward you! Remember Aries, be positive or you'll lose your way.

Taurus:
New opportunities are set to arise for you very soon, but be sure to not just accept the first one that comes your way. Carefully look at all of your options. Make sure the choice you make is the right one for you. Taurus this month is all about you. Ignore what others are saying, your friends and family will support you what ever you chose. Just be sure it is your choice Taurus.

Gemini:
Try to minimize all of your spendings this month. While the purchases might seem good at the time, now in your heart it will not be worth it. The same with your everyday life, you feel some of your friends aren't pulling their weight, cut them lose, this is the month to go back to the important things. Raise your hand in class, and do what you love Gemini.

Cancer:
You've been working really hard this month, but you might just be losing sight of what else is important to you. Join the club you've always wanted to, or just hang out with your friends. Being so focused on school work, will cause you stress, and Cancer stress is not a good thing. Remember happiness is key Cancer.

Leo:
Have you been doing your part recently Leo? Whether that is in class, friendships or with your boyfriend/girlfriend? I get the feeling that you haven't, and that's not good. Remember relationships, schoolwork they required you to do your part. Don't let them fall to the side because your worried, or afraid. Good things don't come by letting others do all the work. Work as hard Leo, and you will be rewarded.

Virgo:
A lot of choices will need to be made this month. Lots that you don't feel ready to make. Don't be afraid of these choices, they will work out in your favour if you take a step back, and just decide. You know in your heart what the right choices are, make them, and you'll see everything improve. You have many friends who will make you feel confident in your choices Virgo, don't forget that.

Libra:
No matter how hard this gets for you, don't back down. Don't give up. No matter how tough things get the more you, keep fighting because you will win Libra. Maybe not this month, or next month, but never back down. If you do, there is no hope. Libra you are strong, and you have people who care. No matter how hard things appear, Libra you can win.

Scorpio:
Your heart says yes, your head says no. Which to believe? Always follow your heart. Scorpio, excitement is coming to you. But treat it well, since it might just be a little breakable. Take the risk you've been fearing for months. With the moon on your side, your heart will be right. Scorpio you have a great heart, it is knowledge, don't leave at the way side, because the logic in your brain says it's impossible. Scorpio, following your heart, not your head.

Sagittarius:
You've had no shortage of distractions Sagittarius, but this isn't really a good thing. You've strayed from the goals you set yourself at the start of the year. Take a few days to evaluate everything, to restructure and arrange your life. No harm can come from that. Sometimes, everyone needs a bit of rest Sagittarius, especially if that rest is to be used to stop procrastinating.

Capricorn:
Try to be a little more positive this month. You've been very negative lately, either on yourself, or on school work. And this isn't doing anything. You are pushing your friends away, and your school work is suffering. Just try to be more positive. It might appear hard, but Capricorn a more positive outlook might just bring you what you need, a relationship, or that new broom you've been eyeing.

Aquarius:

You've had limited progress in work recently, and it's frustrating. You feel you have worked incredibly hard and are getting nothing from it. That's not true. Some things take time. Sometimes all you need to do, is work a little harder, be sure to not forget your friendships, and the other things that make you happy. Keep at it Aquarius, you'll reach that goal you set yourself with ease, as long as you keep at it.

Pisces:
Dreams are very important this month. Both the ones you have when you fall asleep and all those dreams you never thought could be possible. Keep yourself open to new relationships, for I sense a new beginning for you Pisces. Pay attention to your dreams. Do remember Pisces, that sometimes being emotional is okay, and in this month being open with those emotions might just help you. Be open Pisces.

<FONT font="Rage Italic">Editor's Note
I'd like to thank all of my lovely staff who were able to get all this done on time with little to no nagging from me. The paper wouldn't be what it is now without all of you. So thank you! I look forward to our upcoming issues and future writers!

<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back