The Heart of a Raven

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka was dangling her feet off the edge of of the highest Quidditch Stand. To anyone that was watching it would have seen a bit strange but then again Zazuka was nothing if not a some what strange girl. She loved high places and she could do here was she couldn't do on a broom very easyly. Lie on her back and look up at the clouds. Her sensetivity to everything was starting to faid again but she didn't know how long that would last so she was always on the look out for anything that could agetate her senses.

Zazuka was glad that she could come out here again and just take up the shapes of the clouds even if she had little intention of flying. It calmed her as much as the rain did. She would come out here to do her homework from time to time when the weather was fare. It wasn't as windy as she expected. She kicked her feet slightly as they dangled freely. She kept going back to the conversation that she had with Andy. She had said Brian thought he loved her. She was still having a hard time believing that. Yes she had thought him a prince, yet she had grown to accsept with time that she was not his Cinderella. Zazuka took a deep breath and let the breez that always seemed to be around here cool her and slow her thoughts. This needed to be thought about greatly before action could be taken. Then again wasn't Zazuka always a carful girl.

Brian stormed onto the Quidditch pitch with his broomstick in hand, he had changed out of his wet clothes and into some dryer and warmer ones and ensured that his blue Quidditch robes were fine. He was mad at himself and at Andromeda but was sure of one thing, they could not be friends. The future that he had seen could not come true Brian had decided upon that which meant that he was free to walk on his own path. Brian walked onto the pitch with his snitch ready to practice some more even though the snitch he had was severely beat up and was probably not the best to try and catch. Brian was a bit shocked however to see someone he definately was not looking forward to seeing, Zazuka.

Brian walked over to her deciding that it was best not to waste time and simply work on the damage control. "Look Zazuka, me and Andromeda just got into a big arguement and I know she told you some things but it's not true. She lied something she's been doing alot of lately!" Brian said angrilly even though it seemed like it was more the other way around then he knew. "I'm not speaking to her ever again so please just ignore what she said" Brian said hoping that Zazuka would understand. Brian was more than sure that she would since she was always very easy to talk to not like Fiorelli who was always trying to fight with him. Brian was tired of the constant arguements and was going to stay free of all of it.

Zazuka had let herself slip into a pleasent daze as it seemed that she was alone so she couldn't pick up anything out here. She was shaken from that state by the buring feeling of anger. Not her own for Zazuka never (or very rarely as it would seem) got angry. She turned opened her eyes and sat up in the stand. Brian was standing there in his blue Quidditch robe. Zazuka had to remind herself sevral times that this was her best friend, someone that she should have no none platonic feelings for and that the reaction of her heart was the same reaction she had to any guy in a Quidditch robe.

Only when Zazuka thought that it would be safe to speake did she open her mouth in risponce to what Brian was saying. "It's not rare for you to argue with Andy." She said with slight amusment in her voice. She was quite used to the sqwabbles of her friends now though she wished that they wouldn't happen. "I am not saying that it's impossible for people to lie to me but it is highly unlikely for Andy to do so without me knowing. We are connected she and I in a way that even I don't understand." She said with a soft smile. "I wanted to talk to you about what she said though I think for her sake and for the sake of our standing friendship I don't think love in the way that Andy told me you said it would be a very good idea." She said very matter afactily as if saying it as if she where resicting something out of a book would make it hurt her any less.

"Though I am sure you figured that out yourself." She added with a bright smile. Not quite her sunshine smile but still farely bright.

"Well-I-Yes!" Brian said quickly finding himself defused, Zazuka was always good at that. No matter how angry Andromeda made him Zazuka was always there to make the situation seem less frustrating. "She shouldn't be talking about things like that!" Brian said trying to stay mad but quickly finding it slip through his grasp as he stared at the dreamy eyed Zazuka "It was private and if she didn't understand that then..." Brian said but his voice seemed to trail off. Andromeda might have said the truth but it didn't matter since the truth risked destroying their friendship and yet Brian had just destroyed it and still had know intentions of fixing it. So what was holding him back? Why should he give a damn about how Andromeda feels when she clearly doesn't care about how Brian feels.

Brian looked at Zazuka and smiled "I remeber what happened at the top of the tower, none of it was the effects of the ailhotsy" Brian said feeling the effects of the truth wash over him like a warm summer's rain. "I took it and fell down the stairs in order to make Andromeda feel better but now I don't see the point, Alot happened when we were up there" Brian said as the vision came flashing through his mind along with the desire to burn down the entire dream forest just to make sure he and Andromeda didn't end up together. "She's right, I hate seeing you with Andrew because I want you to be with me and I'm done worrying about how Andromeda might feel" Brian said as he leaned forward and kissed Zazuka. He didn't care if Zazuka would tell him she didn't love him, because they would still have this moment. This kiss that would not be taited by bitterness like what Andromeda had done with his first kiss. He would cherish this kiss and be forever greatful that it happened and could only hope that Zazuka shared those feelings.

Zazuka listened well. It was always quite intresting to hear both sides of the story. Brian might not have seen the point of sparing Andy's feelings but Zazuka, who could feel the strong emotions that Andy could thought it was a very nice thing that Brian did for her. Zazuka could also see why Brian was angry that she told. Really the day Brian almost found out about her crush on him Zazuka could have died of imberessment. What happened next shocked her for just a moment.

Later on Zazuka would know that she should have turned way, letting Brian's lips land on her cheek or something like that but she didn't. All thought fluttered out of her head the moment his lips touched her's. What's more she kissed Brian back. She was sure that she had meant to push Brian away when she placed a hand on his chest but it just stayed there. Zazuka pulled away a moment later, her eyes half lided. They widend with the relization of what they had just done and her reaction to it.

It felt like a puzzle piece finding it's match. It was all wronge. Zazuka was sure she should have felt like she was kissing her brother! She pecked at Brian's lips a few times more to make sure that it was just a fletting thing but the sort of sparks that she felt where still there. Zazuka looked down, the top of her head just brushed Brian's chest so he wouldn't see the look of anguwish on her face. "Please let me be in class." She whispered, "Please let this be a daydream." Yet her hand cluched at his robe as if to make sure Brian wouldn't dissapper.

Brian had to laugh a bit at Zazuka surpise, it was actually kinda a surprise to him as well. He certaintly didn't come here with the intent of kissing Zazuka but Brian was sure of one thing and that was that she had kissed him back. Brian's heart was fluttering like some crazy butterfly bird that was trying to get out but also having a party inside his ribcage. "It doesn't have to be Zazuka" Brian said as he placed a hand to her cheek and looked into her eyes with deep concentration as if he were studying every last detail in her mind. Brian didn't know what to say but knew it had to be perfect because he was asking Zazuka to do something against her very nature. Something Brian knew she probably wouldn't do but still had to at least try and convince.

"I want you to not think about anyone's elses feelings and tell me that you don't want to go out with me and that you know you wouldn't be happy" Brian said looking at her. "If you can honestly say that then I'll just go and we can forget this ever happened... It would be like nothing but a daydream" Brian said. He didn't want it to be nothing but a dream because he had enjoyed kissing Zazuka but knew that he couldn't force her nor would he want too force her into liking him back. Brian wanted to make sure that everything she did was her choice because in the end it would make everything they did after better. Brian brushed her hair slightly as he waited for her to respond wanting nothing more than to kiss her again but knew that wouldn't be prudent.

Zazuka tryed to get up the words and believe them just as Brian requested but she couldn't. She had thought her feelings for Brian had been burned in the forbidden forest but she realized painfuly that she had just hid them believeing that things would never grow past being friends. This meant that unknowingly she had used Andrew. She could not tell Brian she didn't want to be with him and have it be the truth. Not while looking into those deep brown orbs.

"I can't. Not honestly and you would know if I where lieing. I'm not very good at it." She said. Her voice was low as if all this where a secret she wanted to keep from herself. She didn't want to be a bad person. The way she would hurt Andrew would make her one. She wanted to cry. Zazuka wouldn't though. She couldn't almost never cry even when she wanted to. "I don't want this to be a dream either. The altrnitive is going to wound someone though." She said. Zazuka could maybe stop thinking of others for a second maybe before it came back. She had been taught that her feeling didn't matter, that no one wanted to hear what she had to say. Though she was slowly starting to learn otherwise she couldn't help but think there where a million other things and people more important than her.

"Sometimes, you have to forget about others and do what you think is right" Brian said as he looked at her. He knew this to be true because he wanted it to be true. For so long he worried about Andromeda's feelings and not hurting her or Zazuka that he lied constantly about things that needn't be lied about. He was tired of such things, tired of having to hide his feelings when Andromeda didn't care. As for Andrew... he brought it on himself, he ignored Zazuka for so long it was only a matter of time before someone else realised just how much of an incredible person she was and would want to spend their days with her. Brian was happy that she cared for him the same way that he cared for her because he was only focused on the two of them right now and nobody else. It may be selfish but sometimes you had to be that way in order to be happy.

Brian's mind worked out many different scenerio's in which the Hogwarts body would find out that he and Zazuka were together and that she essentially didn't want to be with Andrew anymore. At first people might be angry especially Andromeda who would probably call Brian a hypocrite but after a while they would get use to it and if they didn't then they could all go stuff themselves up a tree for all Brian cared. Brian had never really been one to worry about what others thought of him but knew that Zazuka might. "I want you to be happy, that's all" Brian said softly as the impulse grew inside him once more, he could see how easy it was for Andromeda to have kissed him at the top of the North Tower yet this was not the same. Brian's lips moved close to Zazuka's untill they touched once more in a sweet euforia.

The notion was strange to Zazuka. It had been strange to her when Andrew gave her gifts she thought she didn't desurve and it was strange to her that someone was worring about what made her happy. Zazuka tended to want to make others happy because she could take joy in the refletion of the happyness that was there. She could already tell that things where going to be difficult but not so much. Things with Andrew had not been going well. She didn't know why he started to distace himself from her. Then again Andrew thought she didn't care when he flirted so heavely with other girls.

All her thought dissapated like water under a hot summer's sun as Brian kissed her yet again. The feeling of being whole came back to her but this time she stayed. She didn't want this to go away she had only wished it because she knew she would be hurting others. None of that seemed to matter now. All that she cared for was Brian and the fluttering of her heart. She placed her hand on the side of his neck as if that touch alone would make Brian know what she was thinking 'stay'

Brian felt as if he could fly even though his broomstick had been cast aside... that seemed to happen alot lately as he could hear the gleefull hoot of Athena from up above, not that Brian was really paying attention to anyone but Zazuka. After what felt like centuries they parted again and Brian couldn't help but smile. He more happy than he'd ever been in his life and could see why perhaps the first years were into dating even if he still thought they were a bit young for such things. "So what does this mean?" Brian asked almost kicking himself as soon as the words left his mouth, it felt stupid but part of Brian wanted to hear her say that they were together now and that this wasn't just some guilty pleasure. "I mean, where do we go from here?" Brian asked hoping that it would make Zazuka feel a bit more comfortable.

Brian would gladly defend her honor if anyone else dared to challenge it but something that felt so right also had a linguering aftertaste. Brian knew that Zazuka was still officially dating Andrew and knew that it wasn't right to be kissing his girlfriend and yet that voice in the back of his head told him that he should kiss her again. Brian knew it was probably wrong and that he would probably have to deal with a few headaches but in the end decided that he didn't care, they were just faces with names. All of them including Andromeda, Zazuka was something else. In her eyes Brian saw a peice of what he could only consider to be heaven and he didn't want to let it go, Not after he'd just spent thirteen years searching for it.

Zazuka bit her lip. That was the question of the hour wasn't it. "Things with Andrew must end. He cares for me when I'm there but I have seen that when I'm not..." She looked down. She hadn't told anyone what happened with Pez. Andrew had asured ther that he was only jokeing but it hadn't made it any less painful. Seeing it was what hurt because Zazuka was not a jealous girl by nature. "They've had to end for a while." She said biteing her lip.

Zazuka placed her hand Brian's. "I want to be with you. I always wanted to be with you but I thought it wasn't possible." She said finally managing to smile. The stars in her eyes seemed to twinkle all the brighter for Brian. She felt like she found home with Brian's eyes. She had sort of just admited just how long she had been 'in love' with Brian but strangly enough she didn't mind. She knew Brian wouldn't laugh at her. Laugh a little maybe but not at her in the way that she usually feared. She also knew that Andy was going to have a fit when she found out.

Brian smiled and kissed her again all thoughts of Quidditch out of his mind as they parted lips once more. Brian grabbed his broomstick and turns towards her "would you like to go for a ride with me?" Brian asked his heart pounding but in jubilation "we can go somewhere else" Brian said and he had the perfect spot in mind. He enjoyed the idea that Zazuka would leave Andrew for him even though she had stated that she meant to do it anyways. Brian didn't really care because after months of having to smile and and walk past her he'd been able to act on his emotions... it was funny because from the sound of it Zazuka had liked Brian for a bit and the same could have been said about Andromeda.

Girl's were funny in the head sometimes. Brian hadn't acted on his feelings simply because he didn't want to hurt Andromeda however there friendship was no more and he was now with the person he wanted to be with. The two of them didn't act on their feelings for some reason that Brian simply couldn't understand...did they both talk about it and decide not to go out with Brian? If that was the case then what had changed? Brian didn't really care because all that mattered was that Zazuka and he would be together and happy.

Zazuka smiled pure sunshine now. Something that she knew she hadn't done in a while. She could actually feel herself fade all year though no one around her noticed because she hadn't wanted them to notice this. "Of course. I would love to fly with you." She said honestly happy. Zazuka gave off the impression of being care free because she didn't like to proget her problems on another person. She did have worries and problems though. She just delt with them on her own.

Zazuka was a little jealous of Brian. Who knew how long he had held on to thies feeligns because he was always a direct kind of person or that's what she had seen of him. The few lies that she had told to her (and she had known they where lies) she could understand why he told them. He had the curage to tell her how he felt about her when Zazuka could never do so she was sure. She got up and looked at the broom. "I always thought I belonged in the sky." She said randomly. looking up. The feeling she was used to, the feeling of being in the clouds was coming back and it was all thanks to Brian.

Brian smiled as he mounted his broomstick and wrapped his arms around Zazuka, he breathed in her smell which he enjoyed. It was an aroma he had rarely ever associated with being happy and yet he was. Brian kicked off the ground and the pair began soaring throughout the sky above the Quidditch Pitch. At first Brian was a bit worried that he may have kicked to hard because they had travelled upwards rather quickly, then again it could just have been that he was distracted by Zazuka's presence and everything just seemed to be faster than they normally were. Brian was happy but wouldn't let that turn him into a reckless flyer as the flew away from the Quidditch pitch and more towards the lake. Brian's cheek touched hers bringing more happiness to his thoughts.

"Are you cold?" Brian asked realizing that with his Quidditch robes on he was definately alot warmer than Zazuka might've been as he began flying lower towards the cliffs that were near the large lake that laid out before them, where only a few hours before he and Andromeda had decided not to be friends. Brian should've been bothered by this prospect but wasn't since he didn't need to care or worry about Fiorelli anymore. She may have been right that Brian liked Zazuka but it still was wrong for her to open her mouth about things that she only knew part of, Brian would never again sacrifise his own feelings for the sake of others. He had been unhappy when he should've been enjoying his time with Zazuka. Besides if Fiorelli had ever really been his friend she would've been happy for him and Zazuka instead all she did was sulk and punish the pair for something that wasn't a crime. Nothing that could make two people so happy could ever be a crime in Brian's eyes.

Zazuka hadn't minded when they had been going too fast. She didn't even feel sick because of the speed. She nuzzled into Brian's cheek a little. She enjoyed being in Brian's arms. It reminded her of what Andy had been talking about. How Brian was always seemed to be looking out for her even when she could always pick herself up and play things off. There was no pumpkin spice here but the sent had always reminded Zazuka of her past. Brian could very well be her future. She was sure that she smelled like she had been outdoors because she spent a lot of time taking care of what she could of the garden.

She watched the lake shimmer under them with pure joy in her heart. "No, the sleeved of my shirt are warmer than they look." She said. True to her odd self Zazuka was dressed in a red and white striped shirt over it a white sleeveless dress. The stalkings matched the shirt while the mary jaines where white like the dress. Zazuka had to talk to Andy now. If things stayed the way they where this would be the second time her best friend didn't like her boyfriend. What would hurt worse was that they where once friends. She really hoped that they would make up soon. For now Zazuka leaned back into Brian and smiled. "You used to be a fraid of flying." She said teased slightly.

"That was years ago and it was only for a short time" Brian said with a smile as he slowed the broomstick so that they would fly gently. Brian was having a good time with Zazuka and didn't want it to end but another thought crossed his mind and his heart. "Zazuka would you please do me a favor?" Brian asked as he thought about the future and what it may hold for the pair of them. Brian was enjoying himself and would never regret his decision but he wasn't sure about Zazuka, she was still friends with Andromeda and there were others that might be angry with her for choosing to be with him. Brian knew that Zazuka could handle it but didn't want to have to put her in such a predictament, it wasn't fair that she would have to suffer for making a choice that brought happiness.

"I want you to promise me that no matter what happens" Brian said slowly but with precision. "you won't regret this, us being together right here and right now" Brian said as he looked at her while continuing the flight slowly and majestically in the air. "I don't regret this but I don't want you too" Brian siad confessing the only fear he had. "There's nobody I wouldn't fight for you, I hope you know that" Brian said hoping that she understood that it would be okay for them to be together and that they should fear nobody. There was no reason why they shouldn't be together since they weren't breaking any school rules or anything silly like that, it would just be school politics they would have to worry about and Brian wasn't sure if that wouldn't be enough to drive Zazuka away.

Zazuka heart skipped a breat. There's nobody I wouldn't fight for you ran in her head again. Zazuka looking into Brian's eyes and knew that he meant it. She let the phrase sink into her heart as she put her hands on his. "I won't regret it. I would never. I waited three whole years maybe longer to feel like this." She said. She knew that difficulties would rise up out of the woodwork but she was sure she could handle that. Zazuka was made of stonger stuff than she seemed to be. She flet like she could reach out and touch a cloud but she didn't put her hand up to try and do so.

"I'm sure that whatever happens we will face it together. We always have." She said remembering how they where both ready and willing to brake possbobly even Wizarding law to go and get Andy out of Drumstrang before she came back. If Brian couldn't do it himself Zazuka was more than happy to help with anything. "I won't regret you." She said her smile matching the sunshine around them. She could thank Brian for that too. Bring her smile back along with the feeling of being lighter than air. She had missed it so much but didn't realize it until now.

"I'm glad to hear that" Brian said as he snuggled a bit closer to Zazuka as he smiled and continued their flight "you make me happy, something I don't think I've felt in a very long time" Brian said as he thought about it. He'd been happy but not like this. Not since he'd last scene his grandfather alive and well had he been this happy. It was like being protected while learning except this time it was something he shared with someone that meant something very important to him. Brian cared for his friends but this was definately something more than just caring. This was feeling, Brian felt something strong for Zazuka and enjoyed the thought of protecting it while learning new things about her and about the two of them. Brian wanted to spend a long time with Zazuka and learn everything about her and tell her everything about him even though there wasn't much that she didn't already know.

Brian began to lower his broom near some trees by the lake landing as gently as he could though not as well as he'd liked to have landed, he wasn't very good at landing with two people. Brian dismounted his broomsitck and turned towards Zazuka. He enjoyed her face as much as he enjoyed her smell and her voice. Brian smiled and took a step forward looking into her eyes, he was sure this happiness wouldn't last forever but he was still happy to have it while it did. Brian leaned forwards and kissed her again placing his hands on his cheeks he kissed her only releasing her after several minutes and with that he smiled taking a few steps back and sitting down at a nearby tree. "We should do this more often" Brian said with a smile realising how much fun snogging actually was.

Zazuka, though she had been this close to someone before, couldn't help but blush as her body seemed to mold on to Brian's on the broomstick. A blush she knew hadn't been on her face in a long time. She felt a bit like she was back in first year except this time she hadn't broken anything in Brian's presence. "This joy is something to be relished with all one's heart." She said because this is what she felt. Zazuka, who had grown up alone or in pain, treasured any happiness that came her way because she knew that as easily as it comes so must it go. This saddened Zazuka a little but at the moment it was impossible to be sad. Not with Brian so close to her.

They landed though Brian was a little shaky. Zazuka didn't mind she stepped gracefully on the ground when they where close enough for her to do so and got up off the broom. She had to ride side saddle because her dress made it a bit dodge to ride the normal way. Fourtunetly she was good at it having ridden a broom with both legs on one side before. She waited for Brian to dismount the broom. The happiness on Brian's face was enough to make Zazuka's heart feel like it was going to burst with joy. Their eyes met moments later so did their lips. Zazuka warped her arms around Brian's waist as he kissed her, holding her almost possessively but this made Zazuka feel safe. Zazuka sat down next to him with her legs tucked under her. "We could and will, all the time went the urge strikes either of us." She said laughing softly then leaning forward to give Brian a soft kiss on the lips. A bird flew over them rather close. Zazuka waived it on it's way as she always did when a bird flew over her. In her mind good wishes flew along on the wings of birds.

Brian smiled laying on the ground with Zazuka, it was a good day. Brian liked being with Zazuka but more importantly Zazuka enjoyed being with him, Brian was a bit worried however that perhaps that would change once Andromeda found out about the pair. Brian wouldn't be surprised if Andromeda got into another of their famous bouts. Brian would be able to hold his own against anything Andromeda wanted to say, but what about Zazuka? Andromeda and Zazuka were friends, best friends. Brian didn't like the idea of being a wedge between the two despite the fact that he wasn't going to be friends with her anymore. Brian decided that he had to make his point very clear not just to Zazuka but to himself. "I don't want you to stop hanging out with Andromeda just because we arn't friends anymore" Brian said seriously. "You two should still be friends even if..." Brian didn't finish the last part.

Brian didn't want to focus on the bad things, not when he was happy. Brian pulled something out of his blue Quidditch Robes, it was a very special Snitch that Professor Ana had given him in his very first year at Hogwarts. The wings were all squashed up, almost broken completely. Brian tossed the small ball to Zazuka "I want you to have this" Brian said with a smile. All of a sudden there was a loud rumble, Brian looked up to see the dark clouds coming towards them. "We'd better get back inside" Brian said thinking about it as the storm clouds came close. Brian didn't hate the rain but he didn't overly enjoy it either, besides his mind was on what they would do tomorrow and the next day and the day after.

Zazuka smiled wide. She knew that Brian would never want her to stop being friend with Andy just because Brian and her where unofficily dating. "It's ok I know your not that kind of person." She said wraping her arms around Brian as best she could. She caught the battered Snitch and closed her eyes. She could feel warmth which she corralated with a lot of use. She smiled. "I'll keep it close. Thank you." She said. Her smile seemed all the brighter as she placed the small thing in her pocket. It was extravegent like the gifts that Andrew gave her but it seemed to mean more to Zazuka than all the jewels combined.

She looked up loningly at the storm that was bruing. "Right I will come out later then." She said nodding. Everyone by now knew of Zazuka's almost unnatural love for the rain. She looked at Brian and blushed a bit. "Do you think under a really good storm that you will come out and watch me dance? I dance best under the rain." She said as she messed with one of her dark curls. Zazuka knew that not everyone liked the rain if he refused she wouldn't mind but she was still a little shy about what Brian would think of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back