The Halloween Party **Spooky**

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
The corridors were decorated with jack-o-lanterns, flying candles, statues of headless horsemen and ghosts. None of it was creepy, not for this seventh year at least. The first years were having quite a treat but Veronica was looking forward to spending this evening with her friends. She was not one to wear costumes but after being convinced by Joshua she did find some decent clothes that classified her as a witch. Her hat was not a witch's hat but those that were to be worn in parties of olden days however she had put it on simply because she liked it very much.

She would have loved to pull another prank at someone, especially today since it would probably scare many younger students and make them wet their pants but after her last prank had failed she decided to show some mercy to the kids and go to the Halloween party instead. She walked into the hall where most of the crowd had gathered already, some were dancing, others eating and others just wandering about. She walked to the drinks table and grabbed a red wine which she noticed was a darker shade of red. Spotting her friend, Sally she walked to her, a grin on her face as she asked "Want to try some human blood?"

OOCOut of Character:
Others can go after Sally posts

Sally had forgotten that she was invited in the Halloween party, usually her brother and her would go to the village and do some serious shopping when it came to parties but not this time. The girl was disappointed after knowing that her older brother wasn't going to come with her to the party or even let himself being seen by the family. The black haired girl sigh as she buried herself with the pillows on her bed. An hour after that, Sally stood up as she walk toward the window seeing the dark sky wondering what Zac was doing. Just then she heard a loud voice from the corridor. She quickly stood up and ran toward her closet trying to find a costume. She found a costume that she wore when she was cosplaying in Harajuku, but after all this was halloween, Sally was sure that her friends were in crazy costumes. She grabbed her Cosplay Costume and went downstair. She took a deep breath before leaving the common room. Students were dancing crazily and flirting madly in the corridor. She had never seen people acting like that before, especially Durmstrang students. But what scare her was these people who stay away from the crowds and remain in the dark. She walk away from them and walk into the hall finding more people in it. She took the snack right in front of her and smiled as a flashback came up to her mind, it was last year when all her brothers and sister gather and celebrate Halloween back in the manor. The flashback ended when Veronica came toward her. "Human blood? " She laughed, it was probably syrup. She took the drink and drank. It was definitely not syrup, it was red wine.

Veronica laughed with Sally on her joke about drinking human blood. She drank her wine and said "Delicious, I'm considering turning into a vampire." She spotted someone dressed as a vampire walk by and turn wondering if they were cracking a joke on him. She laughed more at the younger boy's confusion. The music was loud, a fast rock and roll number was being played by the wizarding band. She looked at the people, all dressed up in different costumes and many having masks on their faces making it difficult for her to recognize them. She wondered how she would find Joshua in this crowd especially because she didn't know what he was dressed as.

She noticed that Sally was alone. "Where's Zac?" she inquired wondering if his friend had finally found a girl and was flirting somewhere. Sally's costume was nice, something from China but she wasn't quite sure what she was going as. "You're a Chinese princess?" she asked Sally with uncertainty hoping she wouldn't offend anything by her question. "I didn't have anything in mind so I am going as a witch" she told her with a grin as she tapped her hat slightly and did a bow.

The music was awfully loud, Sally wasn't a big fan of these kind of music, she was sure Brad wouldn't like it as well but she knew that her brother could stand it. The question that was asked by Veronica, really hit Sally deeply, she wasn't even sure why her brother wasn't here with him. "Zac? I... I don't know really, I haven't been able to see him lately, I guess he's busy?" She tried her best to cover up for Zac but she knew that Veronica was going to find out why he was missing soon. "I'm not sure where he is right now" She said trying not to frown. The blue eyed girl forced herself to smile, she wasn't planning making someone else worried about her. She wanted them to have fun.

"Chinese princess? No, this is actually my cosplay costume, my father bought it for me, I went with him to Japan, he had something to do there. So I was bored and found this outfit so yeah I bought it. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be"
She laughed as she eyed Veronica's outfit. "A witch? You are!" Even though Sally was a half blood, it was pretty odd that muggles thought witches were those creature with scary costumes and had wrinkle everywhere. "Where's Joshua? Is he coming?" She asked casually. Sally wondered where Ritsuka were, she knew that he wasn't up for parties but probably he would show up? Hopefully...

Veronica did not miss the concern and the frown as Sally told her that Zac was busy and that she wasn't sure where he was. She just smiled, letting the subject drop because she didn't want to spoil Halloween but knowing Zac she knew that there was something wrong and she was going to find out what was. It reminded her how she had opened up to Zac about her evil mother and somehow Zac hadn't been able to do the same, there had always been something that she didn't know, that bothered him and she decided to help him because he had helped her. "Yeah, he's probably busy" she said as she drank some more wine.

Veronica heard carefully, paying attention as Sally explained that the origin of her costume was Japan and not China. "It looks great on you" she said with a grin and it was the truth. The Asian girl did look prettier in such clothes. "I'm not sure about that" she said nervously hoping that Josh would come. "I did tell him to come but we had kept our costumes a secret so I don't know what he's going to wear making it difficult for me to find him" she told Sally with a slight sigh. She did want to tell her best friend that she had fallen in love with her boyfriend but this wasn't such a good place for that. "I never got a chance to thank you for inviting me to China. I had the time of my life" she said giving her friend a hug. She had meant to do that a long time ago but recently she had been so involved with Josh that she had been neglecting everything else.

The students were crazy in the party, Sally had never seen them like that before. "If I'm out of this school, I'll be using my cell phone to call my friends" She laughed not sure if Veronica knew what cell phone was, after all not all wizards or witches like muggle gadgets. The Kuangs had been associating with muggles, and secondly they weren't pureblood. "I guess we'll have to find Joshua `manually` eh?" She smiled and spotted her cousin who was not too far from her, but she seemed busy so Sally didn't want to bother her. If only Zac were here, Sally knew that staying away from other people wasn't what he wanted. But again, what can she do? He had been staying away from her as well.

After a while staring at the cold floor, thinking about her brother, she closed her eyes and forced herself to smile.
"Oh no problem, glad you like it. You're more than welcome to come and visit us there whenever you want" She smiled, Sally liked Veronica very much even though she was her brother's ex girlfriend. But they were still good, right? "How are you anyway? What's new?" She hadn't been hearing a lot of news from her friends, she had been busy with family issues lately and her grade as well. She was trying to be a straight O's just like her cousin.

Veronica first wondered what Sally was talking about but then remembered about the muggle device Zac had once shown her that was used for communication but didn't work in areas of magic. She drank the red wine and nodded as Sally said they would have to find Josh manually, it was difficult but they could try. "Yeah, I hope he finds us first" she said wondering why Josh hadn't turned up till now and if anything was wrong with him. Veronica beamed as Sally said she was welcome any time but of course her evil mother wouldn't let her go anywhere now.

"I was never better" she said with a big smile, it was the truth. "I celebrated my seventeenth birthday two weeks ago with Joshua, he had kept it all a surprise. Was the best night of my life" she told Sally wondering if her best friend would get the meaning in her words. She had for so long waited to share all this with Sally but her seventh year had been very demanding. "The feeling of being able to do magic anywhere is just so great" she said with a smirk as she finished her drink. "What about yourself? Scipio just sort of disappeared, didn't he?"she asked Sally wondering what had happened to the handsome Italian boyfriend that Sally was dating previously.

At first, Sally wasn't paying attention on what Veronica was saying, but after she mention birthday, she quickly widen her eyes feeling stupid for forgetting her birthday. "Dear Merlin, did I forget your birthday? I am sooo sorry. I'll go find the belated present for you" She said with a smile. Sally was never a big fan of using magic outside school, the whole family prefer living muggle way. They found it happier, this explain why Brad hated when he was being lecture by his parents about life and magic. "My mother isn't really a big fan of magic, but my father is. I don't know why though" She laughed.

"Scipio? I don't know what's up with him too. My brother doesn't even know where he is. Wierd eh?" Sally still loved him with all her heart, more than Ritsuka. As for Ritsuka, she was forced to like him. "Doesn't matter though. Maybe he's somewhere out there enjoying life" While I'm stuck in here with that monster she thought in her head. Unexpected things started to happen lately, even though she had tried her best to stop being unhappy, she couldn't.

Veronica laughed and shook her head as Sally apologized for having forgotten her birthday. "It is I who should apologize for being selfish and celebrating it with Joshua and not inviting other friends" she said with a little frown as she now considered the situation. Of course she was not aware of Joshua's surprise but she could have tried and convince him of inviting everyone. "With me is the other way around, my father lived amongst muggles in a mountain, probably that's why mother left him" she said with a sigh. She was not a fan of muggles, but she wasn't a Death Eater kind either, she was neutral. The music track changed to something better, it was hip hop now and a familiar track was playing. "Let's go dance, who cares about our dates" she said with a grin as she took Sally to the dance floor and started dancing.

Veronica laughed as Sally said Scipio was probably enjoying himself somewhere. "I agree weird, maybe his parents just transfered him somewhere else" she said as she danced some cool moves. She had liked dancing since she was little only these days she didnt practice much, but she still had it in her.

Sally laughed when Veronica told her about Scipio's wierd parents. She had never met them before since she had been apart from him for a while and then he was no where in the school. Veronica did lighten up Sally's mood, the girl was no longer frowning. She followed her best friend to the dance floor and blushed. "I only dance ballet" She smiled goofily feeling stupid. "The twins can party, I'm the weird one in the family, apologize" she chuckle as she stare at other students who were dancing nastily. The girl laughed and grab Veronica by the hand and pulled her away from the dance floor. "No... No way White! I'd rather stay away from the dance floor.

"Hey... Do me a favor? Next time you see Zac can you I don't know.. Talk to him? Let him know that we care about him?" Even though she had been trying to forget about her brother, she couldn't. "He's a seer" she muttered. "I think he's afraid of what he saw. That's why he's like this. I don't really want to figure out what it is..." She said as she looked down to the floor. "I.. Just want him back" her voice shaken up but suddenly a group of students start goofing around which draw her attention to them. "Ehat are they doing?" she whispered.

Veronica laughed as Sally said she only danced the ballet. "Oh the ballet, lets get you a partner than" she said with a wink, joking as she danced hoping Sally would dance along. Besides you don't dance for others to watch, you dance because you want to have fun. "No you rather not...see its so easy" she said as she did a twirl for her and then danced.

As they danced she heard Sally talk about Zac. She couldn't believe it when she said that he was a seer. "Seer, that's amazing" she said excitedly only to discover that Zac might not see it that way. She nodded and assured Sally that she would talk to him. He had helped her many times and she would do the same. "I'll talk to him, ask him what he saw" she said with a smile. A group of students were goofing around hoping they would scare someone. "Maybe one of them's got a thing for you, you know wants to ask you to do the ballet" she said joking with her best friend.

"Let's get me a partner, woo!! Guess what Ver? People here don't dance ballet!" Sally said sarcastically before laughing, she liked her friend very much even though she was an ex of her brother's. "If you're talking about Beauxbaton then yeah, there's a lot of people who can do it, but this is Durmstrang. Sadly.... Why am I even here? Oh yeah I forgot.... D@mn you Zac" She laughed, she loved her brother but she couldn't do anything about him being depressed or keeping himself away from the family. Forcing Zac would hurt him more.

Sally glared at the kids who were being stupid in the dance floor.
"Ughh... If only I can... Hold on" She reach to her pocket but couldn't find her wand. "I LEFT MY WAND IN MY ROOM!" She stomped her feet and glared at Veronica. "And it's your fault! For not reminding me to bring my wand!" She pointed her finger at her and stared at her for several second with a serious face and burst into laughter. "Haa... How can I forget the stupid wand? Kill them Veronica, you shall kill them all Veronica White" She pointed at those people who were dancing nastily in the dance floor. "Why are they here anyway" She chuckle.

Veronica laughed as Sally pointed out that people didn't ballet here."So what if they don't, you've got to set the trend" she said playing along with her friend. She laughed with Sally, she was having a good time with her best friend and that was all that mattered although the thought of why Joshua was not here did bother her but she tried to ignore it.

As Sally stomped her feet and blamed Veronica, she was stunned for a minute. "No, remember we came differently.." she started watching her serious face as she burst into laughter. "Good one Kuang" she said agreeing that she was fooled for a minute. "Surely I shall. Which one do you kidos prefer, vampire kill, werewolf kill or my favorite Avada Kedvra?" she asked as she watched that the last part did scare a few first years and she laughed enjoying the fun. "Oh, they're just here to be with the two awesome girls in the school you know..wanting a spotlight for themselves" she said with a wink as the song changed and Veronica led Sally to the drink section and grabbed another glass of wine.

When Veronica on how she should kill them, something came up to her mind and it wasn't about magic. "I know..." She placed a finger to her lips, tapping them as she tried to think of something good. She tapped Veronica as she took a snow globe from the table "On the face, just to scare the first years and few second years" She laughed. "Go on" Sally pushed Veronica forward. Throwing snow globe to the floor, next to someone wont hurt anyone but it would scare the first years. Brad did it all the time, he pulled pranks even in their own home which was annoying.

The girls began laughing as Sally took a drink and drank it all and placed it on the table.
"You know what? We should do this every month, that'll be fun. Anyway, have you met my cousins yet? Maybe one of them is somewhere around" She looked around trying to find someone familiar. "If only my younger brother is here, he's a big fan of partying, not me.... Oh no... Not me" She shook her head and laughed.

Veronica laughed as she watched the scared first years and second years still hovering around them, she couldn't understand what they wanted but was having a good time scaring them. She grinned agreeing to Sally's idea. Grabbing the snow globe she threw one of them to the floor and watched as the first years got scared even more. She laughed giving Sally a thumbs up.
She was sure the lot wouldn't follow them now, not at least today.

Veronica agreed. "Totally, I haven't had so much fun in ages" she said with a grin. "I've met Brad and Vivian back once in France in a fashion show. And a little girl..forgot her name but she knew so much music and language" she said remembering the girl who was also a cousin of Sally's."But I haven't met any other Kuangs in Durmstrang" she said wondering if any other cousins of Sally had transfered to Durmstrang.

Sally was quite surprised that Veronica had met the twins and her cousin, Darla. "You've met them??? What were they doing in a fashion show without me?" She asked curiously wanting to know every single detail of it. "Oh that's Darla, she's a maniac" She giggle, her cousins were both very busy and had been acting as if they were adults but they were still kids. "Well if they're somewhere in here then I'll introduce you to them" Genvieve was probably somewhere in her room studying but as for Saria, Sally wasn't sure about her.

"We should play a game with all of these fools, but I think they'll start acting like a group of morons if we play with them."
She giggled looking at some boys who were sleeping on the floor, the floor was dirty, why would they lie on it. "Eww" She said after seeing a girl threw up.

Veronica nodded with a smile as she watched Sally's surprise as she was told that Veronica knew her cousins and siblings. "They said you were busy or something" she told her friend. It would have been fun if Sally could have been in Paris with them during the fashion show. After all the two best friends were so much into fashion that they would have bought so much from the collection and had a good time. "Brad said that as well, she likes to show off" she said with a chuckle.

"Better leave them to themselves, they're too scared to play anymore" she said ignoring the first years. She was tired of the irritating brats. They were annoying and she was glad to have scared them a little. "You mean you've got two other twins in the family?"she asked Sally amazed to know that there were more Kuang children. "So Darla is a sibling of these cousins that you want me to meet?"she asked wanting to know how Sally's family was inter related. Sometimes she missed having relatives and siblings. She had always been the only one, no cousins, no nothing.

Sally was a little surprised that Veronica wanted to know more about her family, Sally was a little tired of having a big family, there were too many of them. "Okay so... My father had two other younger brothers, so there are three of them. Darla is the older sister of Mason's and they're the children of my father's youngest brother. Genvieve and Saria are twins and they're the daughter of my father's younger brother, the second youngest. And then there you go my father, Andy who has a lot of kids" She laughed. A lot of people she knew back than had more kids than her father, but four was enough, Sally didn't want anymore younger siblings.

"Hey Ver... Do you mind if I ask you about your family? What happen to them? If it's really that private then you don't have to tell me"
Sally had been asking this question to herself a lot of time but she hadn't got the right timing, but since she Veronica wanted to know about the Kuangs, then Sally wanted to know about the Whites as well. She was pretty curious about Veronica's mother, why would anyone do that to their children?

Veronica tried to keep up with Sally as she explained about her two uncles and their children. Finally it mad some sense to her and she smiled. "Thats amaizing, I mean I have always wanted to have siblings but all I ended up was having a bunch of adoptive siblings who are all messed up in the head" she said with a sigh and then realised she shouldn't have said it. Not because she wanted to hide it from Sally, because it wasn't the kids fault, the fault was of her mother. She drank away some more wine as she watched the people dancing hoping it would take away her grief.

She heard Sally's question and smiled at her best friend. She had been bad by not ever telling Sally about her family. She had just not been able to do it. The only two people she had told this were Zac and Joshua and she had kept her best friend in dark hoping that she would just deal with it but that was too much to ask. "No...I mean its okay" she begun as she brought her eyes back to Sally. "Well my father was a halfblood, he lived in Bulgaria all his life so did his ancestors. They all believed in having peace with the muggles and lived in the mountains, Rila Mountains but then my father found mother and I'm not sure if they got married" she said feeling embarassed that she didn't know so much about her parents.

"According to my father, my mother left me when I was born but my mother says that my father forbid her to see him and stay with him, now that he is dead and I never saw my mother when he was alive, there is no way to figure out who is telling the truth" she explained Sally. "I do not have proof but I think my mother has put curses or is controlling the children in the manor, there are more than six or something and they are asked not to speak of it so they can't tell anyone that something bad is happening" she added her eyes being teary as she heard her own words and asked Merlin why her family wouldn't have been a normal one like others.

Sally gasp after hearing about Veronica's family, she could not imagine if she was in her position. She would probably kill herself for having a mother that put curse to their children. Even her current step-mother wasn't like that. She looked at her friend as she listen to her story carefully. Obviously she had been through a lot, a lot more than her. "I am so sorry" She said as she placed her hand on her shoulder hoping that Veronica wouldn't cry.

Sally felt bad for making Veronica's eyes teary in a party, she shouldn't have asked this kind of question to her in an event. 'Wrong timing' She thought as she tried to think of something.
"Well at least you get to stay away from her for a while eh? And soon you can leave that house and I don't know... Have your own family" She closed her eyes, feeling stupid for saying nonsense. Sally was obviously not good at these kind of situations. "I'm sorry, I don't know what to say but if you need a place to stay, you can stay at my place" She smiled hoping that she wont make a fool out of herself.

Veronica sat in silence after completing her story, wondering if Sally thought that her family background was crazy and she too might turn up the same. "It's okay....I am dealing with it" she said collecting herself and reminding her head that one did not cry at parties. She smiled and nodded at her friend. "Yeah, I'll be free after this year but I do want to help those children" she told Sally. "Don't worry, you're doing just fine and thanks, I won't think once if I have to come to your place at midnight" she said with a smile and gave Sally a hug.

At first, Sally felt stupid for not being able to comfort Veronica. But after being reassured by Veronica that she was doing fine, the girl smiled and hugged her bestfriend back. "Well let's not ruin our mood. What do you want to do next? And dear Merlin what time is it!?" She said as she raised her voice a little, feeling the winter breeze hitting her face. She was wondering what her relatives were doing, they were in the same school but yet Sally didn't know where they were which was pretty odd.

Veronica was glad that Sally didn't feel guilty about asking her about her family, it was her right to know and it was Veronica who should have felt guilty for not telling her earlier. She smiled as she thought about what she wanted to do next. She looked at her watch ten minutes to midnight and she hadn't been awake for so long for a long time now. "I don't know, I heard that the ghosts would be coming in at midnight or something, if we could have all the others with us it would have been more fun" she told Sally. By others she meant Zac, Josh and all their other friends like Enzo, Larissa, Kenneth.

`Who was Veronica referring to when she said all of us?` Sally thought, the girl didn't know a lot of students in Durmstrang. Sally stick with her friends and she never really spend time with those who weren't her friends. She had a lot in Beauxbaton but not in Durmstrang. "Uhh... Yeah that would be fun.... All of us?" She asked feeling like a moron for not knowing a lot of Durmstrang students. And beside that, Sally wasn't a big fan of ghosts, she wasn't afraid of them and she didn't like them in the same time.

Veronica finished her wine and put her glass down. "Oh" she said with a slight chuckle. Veronica was a social person and knew mostly everyone at Durmstrang since she had done all her schooling years here and made friends easily with all the new comers so she usually hung out with different people which she doubted Sally did. Well it wasn't like Sally wasn't social but she had so many relatives and cousins that she hardly needed other people. "You know Zac, Josh, your cousins and boyfriend and then there are these other people who are nice Enzo, Larissa and Ken" she told her friend wondering if she would know the last people she had mentioned. It was five minutes to midnight and more students were pouring into the hall. "If you don't want to stay its okay, we can go" she told her friend. She did have to find Joshua and tell him about the baby. She did want to tell Sally but it seemed to her that Josh should be the first one to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back