The Grace Place

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary landed several yards away after taking a very eventfull portkey back to her step fathers mansion. They were going to be spending the holidays here in his version of the Malfoy Manor. Though her mother had been a blood traitor married to a muggle *her father* for a bit, her next marriage had still been to a second generation Malfoy. Hilary had seen the joys that have come out of the Malfoy family with Liz, but still wasn't too sure about it. She then looked up to see a solid hedge, but this didn't fase her she pointed her wand at the elf head above the gate and stated clearly. "Hilary Grace daughter of Tabitha Grace, home for Christmas." She saw what she deemed a dirty look from house elf They never really liked her... and then she walked right through the hedge into the magnificant yard lugging her case behind her.

She reached up for the door knocker and gave it a loud bang, though this was basically her house now, she still felt like a guest because her step father never saw her as a daughter.

Kerri had come home earlier than Hilary because she was going to get a strict "talking" about her grades. This was something Tabitha didn't ever want Hilary to see I mean he would have never raised a hand to Hilary and Tabitha wished for it to remain this way.

Kerri saw her sister coming toward the door.l She hurried to hide her bruises. Hilary entered the mansion and was greeted warmly with an "I missed you!!!!"

Hilary gave her sister a big smile, she hadn't seen her since exams had ended and was hoping she hadn't fallen too far behind because of her late arrival. Hilary went to give her a hug and then noticed a bit of a flinch in pain when she gave her a sisterly squeeze...... "What's wrong hun?" Hilary still worried about her little sis, she knew she hadn't squeezed that hard.

"Ya, sorry about that." Hilary smiled. "So how were exams? Did you manage to catch up?" Hilary had been worried about that for the whole year. "I did pretty good I guess"

"um .....good enough!" she stammered " So any boys you've met?"
Kerri avoided anything too awkward. " x-mas supper smells good!"

Hilary could tell her sister seemed awkward, but that wasn't much different than usual. "Yeah, it smells really good" Hilary dropped off her case, they did have about 3 house elfs but they didn't really like her and she'd raher not force them. "Well I didn't really meet a new guy this year, but I did have some fun with gender fudge and got a girlfriend." She smiled. "So what have you been doing since you cam home?" Hilary smiled

"Girls" rang Tabitha's melodic voice "Come on down supper's ready!"
She inspected the dining hall it was perfect. She would have never experienced a x-mas like this with her muggle husband..... but at least then it felt more comfortable than always being waited on and having to be as everything else... perfect.

Kerri ran down the spiral staircase that she had ridden asa child and entered the family dining hall her mother was already seated in the gold and silver room the tree just visible from behind her head seat at the table. Her classic "I-truley-belong-here" smile was more forced than usual. Kerri knew that although she grew here under careful watch of her mother Tabithaand thismansion did not belong together. Kerri took her seat and waited for her sister.

Tabitha Grace sat down at the table waiting for one of the house elfs to bring the Christmas dinner. Oh, How they took so long! But if having a house elf do one's work was what made a perfect wizarding family perfect then that had to be the drawback. Tabitha sighed as she looked around at her almost perfect family. She knew that something was not right this Christmas. Not that anything had ever gone perfectly at other family gatherings but she assumed that the other times had been like that because the girls had not gotten used to Maxwell. But this year seemed totally different like there was something horrible happening in her house. But how could this be she was practically in the house 24/7. The smell of warm turkey shook Tabitha from her thoughts

Hilary ran down the stairs after having changed quickly. She was used to dance recitals and so these quick changes were becomming a specialty. She smiled into the room, she saw her mother sitting there and hadn't seen her since she had sent her on the train to hogwarts. "Hey Mom..." she let out a bit of a sqeel and ran over to give her a huge hug. "Hiw has life been as Malfoy without us?"

Tabitha smiled slightly at the remark. " Now Hilary I thought I told you not to focus on that part of Maxwell's life. You can't choose who your parents are. Besides I thought I also told you that Maxwell is not like the rest of his family. He is a good man. Now supper is almost ready. One of the house elves just has to put the yams on the table. Now I just want to take a picture of all of us before Maxwell comes."

"Okay yeah I understand, I met a girl who's also a Malfoy at school her name was Liz." Hilary smiled at the thought of her fun with Liz and Courtney this summer. "Of course I'm always down for a photo." She smiled and got ready to get into a group hug with what she considered her "family"

Tabitha smiled as the girls gathered close to take the photo. It had been a long time since it had been just the three of them. "Smile," said a house elf depressingly. The three of them gave the biggest smiles they could even though they might have looked fake. Just before the elf took the picture there was a knock at the door.

Tabitha went and opened the door. "Maxwell!" she embraced him. "Oh, Tabby-Cat" I missed you so much,"he said. He hugged her tighter. "Oh Maxie it hasn't been that long. But I missed you too. Say Hi to Max girls."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back