The gardens

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
The cool air blew across the gardens, making the rose bushes, and trees rustle in a gratifying way. Birds chirped happily, and squirrels scurried around looking for food for the winter. It was such a lovely day at Hogwarts, who couldn't be happier? Leah stepped into the gardens apprehensively. She wore blue jeans, slip on black shoes, and a sleeveless white shirt. It was her first time ever coming into the Hogwarts Gardens and she was pleased with what she saw.
It was a large place, lots of nature and plant life. The air smelled of pine sap, one of her favorite smells. "I could stay here all day." She said aloud to herself.

Alex was walking down through the gardens, it was a lovely day. the sun was bright and the sky was clear. His flannelet shirt stayed un buttoned leaving his roughly formed six pack in view and his baggy jeans hung loosely off of his waist. His green eyes darted around the occupied Gardens to see another who he recognized, it was Leah Winters. He had just gotten back from the mall with her sister. He decided it would be best if he approached her and apologized for being a idiot the other day to her. " Hello Leah, Sorry about the other day, if I offended you in any way." He didn't really know why he was apologizing she was the one who went ape sh*t at him. I suppose he was just to much of a nice person to want to be in someone bad books.

Suddenly footsteps were heard walking along the garden pathway. Leah turned and looked and saw that it was none other than Alexander Fields. She rolled her eyes as she listened to his apology. "I suppose I forgive you." She said coldly, crossing her arms and giving him a self satisfied smile. She didn't know why she had to be such a jerk to people who were nice to her, she just felt that nice people must have something to hide. Why is he so nice? She asked herself.

Alex couldn't help but put a smile on his face, Leah wasn't any different and it seemed like she would never change. He didn't really care, it was his personal goal to make her be nice to at least one person while he was still attending, he didn't know if he would succeed but it would be fun while he was trying. " So how have you been? I haven't seen you around the school in a while." He said as he wondered if it would be ok for him to sit down next to her, he knew he probably wouldn't seeing as she wouldn't want him to make her look bad or something. " Do you mind if I take a seat?" He asked, not waiting for the reply before he sat, he knew it would annoy her, but that was his plan so he could see if he could calm her down. His green eyes darting around the garden and looked at everyone who was minding there own business.

"No, I-" Before Leah could finish rejecting him a seat beside her, he had already plopped down. "Oh. Well then." She sighed, and succumbed to her fate. Alex really wasn't annoying her, it felt nice to have someone that was always wanting to talk to you. She felt wanted. Of course, she'd never show it to anyone, why should she? "I've been hanging around Brightstone." She retorted. "And you? What have you been doing?"

" Spending time with my girl friend and I met your sister, she is a really nice girl." he said with a smile as he looked at her. " Yeah she reminds me a lot of Malynne and she said that your really nice." He said knowing that it would probably annoy her to hear that someone says she is a really nice person. It was strange to hear someone say that, seeing as she was a b!tch most of the time anyways. " Yeah brightstone is a good place, but you have to watch out for that Justice fellow, he is a complete psychopath, he walks around there every day."

Leah gave a harsh laugh. "I'm nice to her. She's my sister." She shook her head. "Yes. She was around Malynne alot more than me when she was growing up." She sank into a several seconds of silence, feeling a little bit bad for not being there more for Natalie. Maybe if she'd been there to encourage her, she would have been a lot more excited about going to school. Leah sighed and looked at Alex. "I'll watch out for that Justice guy, then. Who's your girlfriend?"

Alex smiled since she was actually acting like a human, maybe someone melted the heart of ice after all. " Maddiie Hollawarth, a Hufflepuff seventh year, you probably don't know her, but you will eventually see her around. She talks to almost anyone and everyone she meets." He said with a smile as he stared at her but only momentarily. " So why don't you tell me something about you. Or should I guess?" He said with a smile, where you could see his perfect, white teeth. " Because I usually guess right you know." He said laughing as he spoke.

(( Plus it is almost summer in the southern hemi sphere. :p))

Leah was surprised Alex hadn't fussed at her stormed off. Secretly she was relieved, wanting to get to know Alex a little more. "I know her. We met in the north tower." She informed Alex. She was a little taken back at his question, but decided to humor him. "I like cats." She finally said, feeling that this was an appropriate thing to share. "What about you?"

((Ah! It's becoming winter here.))

" Cats are cool, i suppose I like them to. Seeing as a snow leopard is a big cat." He said standing up and flapping his open shirt back to show her the tattoo of a snow leopard. " I got that done the day before I applied to become a animagus, but they turned me down." He said with a smile, it just wasn't to be at the moment for him. It would have been wicked to become a Animagus though, see the world through different eyes. " So where a bouts in the world do you live? I come from Australia." He said, knowing that he was kind of bombarding her with questions which wasn't the best thing for him to do.

"I'm glad you like cats too." Leah was happy that they actually had one thing in common. Alex's favorite cat wasn't exactly her favorite, she was more for the domesticated kind of cat. But it was a start to friendship. She wanted to be a cat animangus but hadn't had the guts to apply, afraid to be turned down as well. "Nice tattoo." She remarked. It was a beautiful work of art. "I am from England. We moved to France for a while, and now we are here."

" France is a beautiful city. I loved it when I first went there, it is just all to beautiful to take in at once." Alex said feeling weird for talking like a chick, but that was just the way he was, everything was beautiful in its own way. Even Leah's personality would be beautiful some how to someone. " I loved England it was good, but nothing beats Italy, it was by far the best." He said with a smile, remembering all the foods he had eaten while he was there, he had put on a few extra pounds, which was a let down to it all. " You wanna know something, There is no snakes in new Zealand. I have only seen one and I was sitting here, it was in the hands of a young Slytherin girl."

Leah nodded barely listening. She had already gone back to her memories at Beauxabatons. She wasn't exactly happy there, but at least she did have some friends at least. Alex was right, France was beautiful, and the people were beautiful there as well. She thought of the boys she had dated, and smiled to herself. None had left a lasting memory, only their looks and beautiful French accents.
She stopped her thoughts and began to pay more attention to Alex. "I haven't seen any snakes either." She commented. "So weird."

" Forgive me for asking this, but how come you can be so mean? I'm pretty sure you would be a really nice person to be around if you weren't so mean, Like I like being around you. I can deal with it but some other people probably wouldn't take so kindly to it." Alex said hoping that it wouldn't turn into a arguement, but he knew it would pan out that way, seeing he knew Leah all to well. She often seemed nice, but it wasn't for very long, she usually lashed out in there conversations.

Alex's question annoyed her. I'm not mean. She thought. Just annoyed most of the time. Leah glared at him. "How dare you." It was more of a statement than a question. "I don't bring up your faults, so don't bring up mine." Her cheeks were flushed from slight embarrassment and anger. She looked away from him, and contemplated standing up and walking away.

" I know you don't I was just asking sorry if I angered you. It wasn't meant to offend you it was just a question. You seemed like you where in a good mood so I thought it would be a perfect time to ask you." He said looking down at the ground, he felt bad for bringing it up now, but he wanted to get it over with so they could move on from all that stuff. " So can we just get over that and talk about something else? I really do enjoy being in your company, you bring a fair bit of excitment into my life." He said looking over at her face waiting for her response, it was hard to see her face seeing as she turned to face away from him, but he knew she would reply

Alexander's apologies eased the increasing annoyance. "It's okay. I was in a good mood." In reality, her mood was beginning to get better since he apologized and informed her that she brought excitement in his life. At least someone benefited from her being here. Leah looked at him again and gave him a thin lipped smile. It was the best she could do under the circumstances. "What did you want to talk about then?"

" Anything, you can even pick my faults if you want to, I just want to know what they are so I can work on them." Alex said remembering how she said that she don't point out his faults. The truth was she kind of reminded him of Malynne in a way, seeing as she was most of the time nice, but just really easy to set off, which was nothing like Malynne, Malynne was nice all the time. " So Malynne's getting Married to Renven aye? How long do you reckon they will last for?" He asked happy that Malynne had found happiness. He wasn't really sure why she chose Renven over justice, but the truth was he didn't really care, he was actually glad she did otherwise she would be moping around like he had been for the past year.

"Okay, that should be fun." Leah smirked. "Hmm...let's see. How do you always show up everywhere? Seriously, you are everywhere." It was funny, perhaps it was fate for them to be friends and that was why they kept running into each other. She didn't want to be to harsh to Alex, seeing as she didn't know him to well to even notice his faults. "Yes, she is. Eventually. They love each other, apparently so I'm sure they'll last forever and ever."

Alex laughed at her question, why did he keep showing up where ever she was, maybe it was just fate. " Ok the truth is........ Im you stalker." Alex said as he started laughing." Nah, I don't know, must be luck I guess." he said with a smile as he looked behind him towards the forest. " Yeah I bet they probably will, they where so good together. I hope it all works out for them and tell them they have to invite me to the wedding." he said wanting to be a part of two of his friends getting married." So have you met anyone here that you have your eye on?" Alex asked staying on the same topic as relationships.

Leah laughed. She now realized why Malynne had hung out with him so much. He was funny. "Probably." She agreed. She saw him look towards forest and looked as well. Nothing was there so she turned back around. "I'm sure she knows to invite you." She told him, with a smile. "But, anyway. No not really. I'm not into the dating scene to much." She doubted she could get anyone anyway, didn't really care.

Alex kind of felt sorry for Leah for not being in to the dating scene." Yeah sometimes you just feel like that, but sometimes it would just be good to have a companion you can rely on for anything and everything, but you could get away with having someone like that as your best friend but companion ship is a good thing to have, it is hard to find and a lot harder to keep." He said kind of rambling on a bit, he didn't know why exactly but he still did anyway. He wondered what kind of a couple Dom and Leah would make, whether they would be good together, or if they would fight to often, but he doubted they would fight seeing as Dom had a really passive nature to him.

Leah shrugged, giving off the appearance of not really caring. "I've never had anyone like that, and I'm fine. I may have a few problems but I think I'm better for not committing to one person." She had had a few flings in the past, but never a read relationship. Leah wasn't really looking for one anyway. "Anyway, it's not a big deal. I doubt I'll be alone for the rest of my life. I'll find someone one day."

"Yeah." Alex said hoping that she found someone who she could be herself around not, the typical mean Leah around. He thought it was great that they where getting along, it made him feel better about himself, for having one less person that hated him. " Well if you ever want to talk about any of your problems, I'm here for you ok. im always prepared to listen." He said offering himself up, he didn't really know why. Maybe it was because he knew what it was like to have no one to talk to about things that have gone wrong in your life, and knew how much it helps to talk about things to people.

"Thank you, Alexander." I don't think so though... Leah thought. She was glad that he wanted to be her friend and everything, but she couldn't trust him yet with her problems. She gave him a smile and stood up. "Well, that was a nice chat, but I believe I shall get back to the castle and take a nap."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back