Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Iris)
Wand
Firm ten-inch Ebony with a Meteorite dust core
Their final year. It was crazy how time just seemed to fly by. Rose sent a note to Iris for a date and walked up ahead, setting up a nice blanket and some pillows. Cuddling and watching the stars sounded nice after all the stress of adjusting back to school. Rose settled in, taking the soda pop she'd brought from her bag and a few snacks to set down.

Iris headed to the North Tower for her date with Rose. It woudl be nice to hang out together and just have some time to themselves. She had taken the note Rose had sent her with her and headed up to the top of the tower. She smiled at the sight of Rose and approached her. "Hi." She said, sitting down next to her.

Rose lit up when Iris arrived, taking the white rose out of the basket and offering it out to her girlfriend. "Hey, beautiful," She greeted, scooting in closer. "How are you today?" She asked, smiling warmly and settling in beside her girlfriend.

Iris smiled shyly as Rose handed her a rose, taking it from her. "Oh that's lovely, thank you." She said quietly. "I'm alright, how are you?"

Rose smiled, laying an arm over Iris' shoulders and sighing. "Better now that you're here," She smiled coyly. "Seriously though, there was something I was hoping we could talk about," She gave Iris her best puppy dog eyes and bit her lip, trying to look as cute as she could.

Iris made herself comfortable, leaning against Rose. She smiled at her sweet comment. Iris blinked when the other girl mentioned she wanted to talk about something, feeling a bit suspicious of her look. "What is it?" She asked cautiously.

Rose hesitated as Iris spoke, looking away nervously. She swallowed, rubbing the back of her neck. "W-well, erm... we're graduating soon." She managed, biting her lip and twisting a strand of hair around her finger. "I mean, for starters... I guess... I'm just... I know things change... after school ends." She fidgeted a bit, not able to look at Iris. "Are... you going to break up with me after we graduate?" She finally asked, her voice breaking a bit and filling a little with dread. She didn't want to break up. But she also didn't see enough good in herself for Iris to want to keep her.

Iris frowned slightly when she saw Rose look away, wondering how serious this was going to be. "Yes, we are." She said cautiously when Rose reminded her they were graduating soon. But her next words completely stunned her. She blinked. "What? Why would you ask me that?" She asked, feeling hurt by Rose's question. Did she really think that little of her?

Rose sighed softly, running a hand through her hair as she tried to explain. "Well... it's just... you live in the Netherlands. I live in New Zealand." She sighed. "Besides, with my... issues, I've always known you could do better." She peeked at Iris and gave her a shy smile. "You make me want to be a better person. But I've never thought I was good enough for you..." Rose bit her lip and looked away. "I just... know graduation is going to be a big change by itself, much less with a long distance relationship like that. New homes, new jobs, a lot is changing..." She twirled a strand of hair around her finger. "I don't want to break up, of course, I just... wasn't sure if I was something- someone you might want to keep after school ended."

Iris stared at Rose in disbelief as she spoke, blinking a few times. "Don't say that." She said, sitting up and moving away from her a bit. "I don't like hearing you talk about yourself like that, especially not when you sound like you just assume I agree with it." She said, frowning. "I can't believe you thought I was just going to break up with you." She added more quietly, hugging her knees to her chest. "Do you think I'd just do that? Just drop you after we graduate?"

Rose swallowed nervously at Iris' reaction and knew she'd messed up. She turned more to face Iris herself, and tried to explain. "No- I mean... That's why I wanted to talk to you. I'm just... I'm really scared, Iris." She tried to explain, her voice soft. "When my mother graduated, she lost everything she had. Her parents died, her twin brother abandoned her, took off in the middle of the night without a goodbye. She didn't see him again for ten years."

Rose sighed, drawing her knees up to her chest. "Mother sold her childhood home and left for college, where she met Father, and everything worked out. But graduation- it always runs rough in my family. My sister struggles, my brother- well, he's always been an idiot, I think that might have cushioned things for him a bit. I just... Graduation itself is terrifying to me." She tried to explain, staring sadly at a brick across the room. "And honestly... nothing scares me more than the thought of losing you. I know I would never want to lose you, I guess... I've just been scared and on edge, and fear... fear does silly things. Like try to convince me that graduating will change how you feel for me." Rose looked away, swiping at her teary eyes.

Iris took a deep breath, trying to put her own hurt feelings aside so she could listen to Rose. She tucked her hair behind her ear as she listened, her gaze darting away. "I'm sorry that happened to your mother." she said softly. "But it's not... that has nothing to do with us." She said, attempting to keep her voice gentle. "Graduation is scary for all of us, but I don't want to hear you talk about yourself badly again as if I agree with it." She said slowly. "I should have told you I have no intention of leaving New Zealand, that's on me... but I promise I won't leave you because we graduate."

Rose sighed, letting the tension deflate from her shoulders. She scooted a little closer to Iris, offering out one of her hands. "You're right... I'm sorry," She apologized sincerely, giving Iris an almost shy smile. "I've been mostly addressing my anger in my therapy sessions, but I think in my next one I'll bring this up as well. I'm sorry if I hurt you with my insecurities." She swallowed nervously, hoping she hadn't done any unintentional damage to their relationship.

Iris took Rose's hand, squeezing it softly. Then she listened as Rose explained her feelings and she sighed softly. "I'm sorry too." She admitted. "I might have overreacted, but... I think we should just talk about these things." She said, hesitating. "And maybe you should bring it up in therapy, it can't hurt."

Rose smiled gently. "You didn't overreact, Iris. I think you handled it really well. I'm not going to be upset because you had honest feelings to what I said. I can't tell you how to feel, and I can't be upset that my words might have hurt you." She tried to explain, laughing nervously. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I'm making any sense."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back