The Founding Members Of The Band

Ella Palmer

Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Ella walked in to the student lounge, she had been carrying her electric guitar. She made sure nobody else was in there, she wanted to practice without interruption. After walking to a table, she took her electric guitar out. She didn't have her amplifier, it was still packed until she had somewhere to use it so people wouldn't get mad at her. She picked it up. Just feeling it again made a rush of energy and excitement flow through her. "Hey Glory," she whispered to the electric guitar. You might find it weird that she named a guitar and talked to it, but she had a great connection with the electric guitar. It had been given to her from a family member who died. "I missed ya."

Ella hopped up on to the table and stood up on it. She took her guitar and started to rock out. Without her amplifier, though, she had no sound. So she just put her fingers where she would if she was actually playing. At the end of the song, she jumped off the table, landed on her knees, and made an awesome rockstar pose. She looked at the doorway and was startled to see that someone was standing there. She quickly stood up, hoping the person didn't think she was weird. "Umm," she said. "Hi. The name's Ella. Ella Palmer. What's yours?"

Eliza turned to the Student Lounge when she heard someone playing guitar. When she entered, she saw a girl standing on top of a table obviously having fun with the instrument. Eliza watched in awe as the girl continued playing. She didn't know how to play the guitar because she thought it was too common and too boring to learn, but seeing this girl playing like that, Eliza came to like the guitar immediately.

Eliza stood watching the girl at the doorway, waiting for her to finish the song. When finally the girl jumped down from the table, she spotted Eliza looking at her. "Hi. The name's Ella. Ella Palmer. What's yours?" the girl asked.

At first, Eliza was scared to talk. She was worrying that people would notice her and she might hear bad comments about her. Eliza looked down. When she realized that the girl wasn't going to ignore her, Eliza was forced to look up. She tried hard not to look at the other people, it might only make her more afraid. "A-Are you talking... to me?" she asked the girl with the guitar, feeling stupid as the words came out of her mouth. "I'm... Eliza Ashford."

"That's a nice name" Ella said. "Are you in to music, too? 'Cuz I want to start a band and while I have me and my instrument, I need some more people for an actual band." She gave a smile to Eliza, noticing that she seemed a bit nervous. "You don't have to be nervous," she said, hoping that this didn't make Eliza even more nervous. "I'm not one of those stupid bullies who just insults people to make themselves feel better. Oh, and that wasn't an insult, it was just saying that bullies are horrible." She winked at Eliza, giggling a bit. After all, she thought. A joke always lightens the mood.

Siddalee was walking past the Student lounge when she overheard a girl inside talking about a band. 'A band! That's perfect!' Siddalee thought, walking into the room.
"Um, sorry to butt in, but I overheard yo saying you wanted to start a band. If you did, I'd be in." Sidda said to the girl. "Oh, I'm Siddalee, by the way. But you can call me Sid. Or Sidda. Or Lee. Or you can think of your own nickname, if you want." Sidda smiled up at the girl with the guitar. She looked friendly, and had an awesome electic guitar. She looked like the sort of person who Siddalee could easily be friends with.

((The title is founding members because in time there might be a few more people joining than the few listed in the topic description.))

Ella smiled. This was great. Maybe she would actually be able to start a band in her first year at Hogwarts, after all. "Hi, Sidda," she said. "I'll call you that for now, but later on I might give you a nickname. It's a habit, y'know." She was excited, in fact she felt like she could jump up and down for a day. Of course, she probably wouldn't. "Do you play an instrument, or do you sing, or both? You're welcome to join it, of course. All of the members besides me get high-fives, because it's a bit challenging to high-five yourself, and it's not something that I would normally do anyway." She smiled at both of them, happy that her dream could actually get started.

Sidda laughed at the girl's rambling about hi-fives. "Oh, well if I get a high-five..." she teased, giggling. "I sing, and I could probably learn an instrument. Maybe like the fiddle or something. But I can definitely sing. I'll audition if you want me to... I'm sorry, what was your name again?" Sidda inquired.

"You don't need to audition," Ella said with a smile. "The name's Ella. Ella Palmer. I just need to know that you don't sound like a dying seal or worse, which shouldn't be hard."

Sidda laughed. "I don't. I was in a band before I came here, but since I came here to board, I can't be part of it anymore." She sighed, but brightened up again. "So, could I be part of your band?"

Eliza lowered her head when another girl joined the conversation. Eliza only listened to them as the two talked to each other. She listened as they talk about forming a band. "I...I sing too." Eliza muttered in a soft voice and it seemed that the two didn't hear her. Eliza gasped, regretting the words she just spoke. "I! Though! T-Though I know Sidda is better..." she said absently, afraid that she had offended Sidda when she told them that she sings too. But she never heard Sidda sing. She just thinks it was rude to tell them that. "I can... I... I can play the keyboard..."

Seth sighed, walking out the library. It was just like the second week of school and he had received so much homework. Was it him or did the Professors treat the First Years like they had to sit for a major exam soon. Seth had his electric guitar and his books in his haversack. He had planned to rock put all day, but just looking at the piles of homework made him worried. Seth wasn't much of a procrastinator, so he found himself in the library completing all his homework.

Seth walked up the stairs, searching for a place for him to have some 'bonding' time with his electric guitar. Upon walking past the Student Lounge, he heard a conversation about forming a band going on. He stood there listening to the conversation, before joining it.

"Can I join the band?" he asked out of the blue. "I'm Seth by the way." he added immediately, hoping to not scare anyone.

"You can sing, too?" Sidda said to the other girl, noticing that she was stuttering and seemed shy. "NO, I'm probably not better. We could both sing, though, or I could learn to play an instrument. I've always wanted to be able to play an instrument. And you don't have to worry about offending me...I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." Sidda felt stupid, and liek a jerk, for ignoring the shy girl. Then, a boy joined in the conversation. He looked like the sort who would be in a band, and she could make out the shape of a guitar in his bag.

Eliza flinched when a guy joined them. She was never good at socializing. But if she'll join this band, she'll have to be brave, even a little. She quickly looked up, but quickly looked down. Stupid, she cursed herself. Eliza forced a smile and slowly looked at the new comer. "N-Nice... to meet you. I'm... Eliza."
Gasp! Eliza talked! She talked even though no one asked her to. She felt a secret triumph in herself.

Siddalee had realised that the other girl, Eliza, was shy as hel, and resolved secretly to take her under her wing and look out for her. Siddalee often did that with timid people. "I like your name, Eliza. It's pretty. Do you have a nickname?"

Eliza nodded her head like a child, still looking down. "S-Some people call me... Eli." she told Sidda. "T-Though y-you find it... ugly, y-you can call me Eliza. it's fine... anyway." Eliza realized how stupid she was for saying something like that. She then looked up, meeting the girl's gaze. "I can always... play the keyboard if you want me to. And... And... I also play the piano." she muttered softly.

"I don't find it ugly. I like both the names. They suit you, 'Liza. And I am in awe. YOu can play piano, keyboard, AND sing? I'm feeling extremely insignificant right now. I'd love to hear you play. And sing. I think that's soooo cool that you can do both." Sidda said in a rush to Eliza. Siddalee meant every word, she wasn't just lying to boost her ego. She thought that Eliza seemed really nice, maybe a little timid, the sort of girl who could maybe benefit from Siddalee (gently) shaking her up and boosting her confidence. She hoped that she would join the band and that they could become friends.

Eliza smiled at the compliment. Of course she can do those things. Someone who don't talk alot and is perfectly anti-social would have nothing to do but find a hobby or something. She started with piano. When she finished it, it was easy to learn keyboard. And her singing was natural. But now that she's in Hogwarts, she felt that she can't do those things anymore.

She looked at Sidda and thought that she was really kind. "Y-You're not Slytherin, right?" Eliza asked the girl, remembering some bad memories in the Slytherin common room. She had never liked the House, and cursed the day she was sorted there. "A-Anyway," Eliza muttered, realizing that she was getting off-topic. "C-Can I join the band?"

Sidda was surprised to hear that Eliza was a Slytherin. She hoped she was the nice kind. "No, I'm a Griffy." she replied. she hoped that Ella would let Liza in the band (it was Ella's band, after all.)

Seth stood still next to the girl called Eliza and the other one called Siddalee. They were both in their own private conversations, and Seth felt a little awkward to be standing there. After a few minutes of silence, he opened his mouth. "So your name's Eliza?" he asked, turning to one of the girls. "Can I call you Lizzy? But don't get me wrong, Eliza's a lovely name." he inquired, smiling at her. "And you're Sid?" he asked, turning to the other girl.

"Yup, that's me!" she said. "And you're...Sethels, right?" she said, smiling at the boy. She felt bad for ignoring him, and winked at him, trying to convey that she was sorry for that.

"Oh okay cool." Seth simply replied, once the girl replied that she was Sid. Seth immediately laughed when he heard his new nickname. "Sethels?" he asked, chuckling. Seth looked around, and smiling at all the girls bravely. "I can play the guitar." he said proudly, hugging his guitar tight. "I can sing a little too actually. So if there is a need of any low-pitch voices, I'm available." he continued with a smile.

Ella watched all the people talk for a bit, taking in all the information. "Well Eliza," she said. "You can play whatever you want if you have options. And we could always have more than one person who sings. And Sidda, you could learn to play an instrument as well as sing, I've been playing for a while so even with a different instrument I could give you some tips." She looked at Seth. "Umm....Umm," she said, immediately being embarrassed. She actually couldn't speak for a moment, which was strange because she was usually very talkative. "You're in the band, too. I've been waiting all this time and it's finally coming together. So, more people could be joining us, but we need to think of a name for our band. I'm open for suggestions, because I can't really come up with anything at the moment."

((This is the part where you need to vote in the plotline and story development. You get to suggest some on the list, and according to the vote we will decide on a name. :p ))

Isobel was huming a hunting tune, when she fell upon the student lounge which was located in the sixth corridor. She was walking by pushing and chucking everything to the ground causing mayhem when she overheard a boy saying he could sing a little and a girl wanting suggestion for a band name. That caught Isobel interest, Isobel knew how to sing and very well gifted in the base guitar. But being part of the dark elites, Isobel wasn't suppose to associates with none Slytherin. Isobel looked inside the student lounge with her arms crossed to her chest. "Well look what we got here bunch of losers wanting to become a band. Why don't you call yourself the freaks of Hogwarts maybe that's a way you'll get notice." Isobel smirked waiting for anyone to say anything to her. Isobel wished the rest of her dark elites were here, maybe having a little fun wouldn't hurt for a bit. "So who's the freak or Mary sunshine?" she looked around the lot of them, wanting to know who thought of this idea, Isobel thought of taking the idea away from her. Maybe just do her own solo band, that way she could still be a D.E and still enjoy the base she loved to play.

"Leave us alone," Ella said, glaring at the girl who was rude and mean. "It's obvious you already hate us. It's a great idea, so just leave here if you're just going to insult us." She made a gesture that the mean girl couldn't see to the others, especially Eliza who was in danger of being teased because of her shyness. It told them to stand up to the bully. "You came here because you wanted to join us 'freaks'?" she asked, making the quotation signs with both of her hands. She wasn't being mean, or at least she wasn't trying to, just delivering a message to the girl telling her that Ella wasn't new to this kind of stuff. She waited for the girl to respond, hoping that the other members of the new band, who she hoped would be her friends, wouldn't have to see her use her fists on the mean girl. It wouldn't make a very good impression. Especially on Seth. Ella knew that she already liked him. But she knew it could stop later on. She started walking to the back of the group. She went in the middle of Sidda and Eliza, putting her arms around their shoulders, as if to say, "We're all together, 4 against 1, so back off." She didn't mean to insult Seth, she just couldn't have 3 people next to her, so she high-fived him instead and walked a few more steps toward the mean girl crossing her arms. "This is our soon to be band," Ella said. "And I'm the person who came up with the idea. But before you go and tease me about it, you should think about this: if you loved to design buildings, would you become a graphics designer instead? It make sense to do what you like to do, that's all I'm saying. The name's Ella. Ella Palmer. And yours is...?"She waited for the girl to say her name, but she had a feeling it was going to be one of those things that tries to make people say bad stuff about themself, like "Ima Hogg" or something.

Sidda glared at the girl who had insulted them. She hated people who bothered other people just for the skae of it. Sidda just hoped that the mean girl wouldn't notice Liza, because if the mean girl was Slytherin, she could make Liza's life hell. Sidda suddenly laughed. She had just realised something, and she didn't care that the others were looking at her like she was crazy. "I just thought of something." Sid said. "Either you came into the room because you want to join the band, and so you are only being mean to cover up from the shock that we aren't Slytherin, or you are an insecure and mean girl who has no-one to hang out with, so is being annoying to us." Sid smiled triumphiantly. She had just shouwn everyone that she was not to be messed with.

Seth looked at Ella, awaiting her reply but she seemed nervous. Seth smiled sweetly at her, hoping she wouldn't be afraid of him. After a few awkward moments, she had agreed to let him into the band. Seth beamed gladly. Being in a band would suit him a lot, he even looked like the sort of guy who should belong to a band. He was about to suggest names for the band, when another girl interrupted him.

Seth stared at the Slytherin girl, rolling his eyes. His friend Jason had mentioned he's encounter with them, and from what he knew, the girl was from a group called 'Dark Elites'. Seth sighed. Everything was going on pretty well, until the girl joined the conversation.

Seth stood still, listening to Sid and Ella tell her off. He nodded, giving Ella an approving smile, before turning to stare at the rude Slytherin girl. "So is it true then?" he inquired, after Sid had mentioned something about the theory that the girl was there because she wanted to join the band or because she wanted to cover up from the surprise she had.

Sorry lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back