Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Lauren was on her way to the Great Hall to test the food. With the sorting she hadn't got much chance to try out everything, because there were lots of students that asked stuff and they were all nice. The people in Hufflepuff seemed cool, they were just relax she figured. But she hadn't got the chance to meet her fellow classmates yet. Lauren entered the Great Hall and searched for the right table. She saw it happening that she was gonna sit at the wrong. But she didn't knew if that would be wrong. The blonde noticed some familliar faces and saw Therese sitting at the end of the large table, so she figured that was the right. The blonde went sitting at the large table and waved shortly to Therese when she noticed her looking at her. Lauren looked around and took a glass of pumpkin juice. The Great Hall seemed like a big living room and she was sure that she was gonna like this room the most. In her own house they never really sat with eachother and when they sat at one table, it wasn't long before it wasn't nice together anymore. There were many discussions and Lauren often run of to her room. And once she had run away from home, but after how angry her father became to her she never dared to do it again. Her own room was the only place where she felt safe and happy. She noticed a lot of nice food and she took from everything one and placed it in front of her. Let the feast begin!! She thought and started at her croissant.

Aonghas had enjoyed his first night in the school. It had been a largely sleepless night but he was still pretty happy with being at school, and better yet being in hufflepuff. He had spent the early morning finishing off his letter and then heading to the owlery and sending the letter off to his father. He wouldn't tell Rory what he had written or that he had written to his father, in the same way Aonghas wouldn't say anything about Rory in his letters home. He didn't want to jeopardise his own position, he had to be loyal to his family. Of course he had to be. There wasn't another option for him. But this was his first day and Aonghas didn't want to worry or think about such things. As he'd made his way back towards the main part of the school, his nose caught the sent of breakfast and his stomach rumbled loudly, indicating that he was hungry.
The hufflepuff changed where he was heading and walked into the great hall where he spent just a good moment trying to remember from the night before which was hufflepuff. He spotted his brother at the slytherin one and gave a little wave, and eventually figured out which was the right one. He took a seat and looked at what was on offer, the girl in front of him certainly had the right idea. A little of a whole selection of stuff. He decided that he would fill his plate in a similar manner, going for items he didn't tend to have in the morning when at home. "Can ye pass me that plate ae pancakes 'sides ye?" he asked the girl who was just fractionally closer to it, so he wouldn't have to reach as much, "Ah dinnae usually have this much fae breakfast, but eh first day ay?"

Lauren was so enjoying her breakfast that she almost didn't heard a boy talking to her. She was glad with all the foods she had collected and wasn't gonna ruin this amazing breakfast by anyone. She was glad if people would talk to her, because Lauren was eager to make friends. Her father didn't shared the same thought but she tried to throw away that thought in the trashcan. Figurly speaking ofcourse right? The blonde smiled when a boy came sitting in front of him. Lauren first had to think again of what the boy wanted but than recognize the accent. Lauren was born in England, but was half Swedish. Her mother was born in Sweden and they often visited the country. Not to see the family, because her father had broken all of the contact. Lauren often was sad about that, because she missed her grandmother and aunts and uncles. All of sudden everyone hated her father and Lauren never understood why. Well she understood that they wouldn't always liked him, because she shared that thought. But he was still her father. And she didn't hated him. The boy came from Scotland she knew, because she had visited the country once. '' Sure! I left a few. But I must warn you they are deadly delicious.'' She said with a big smile and put another bite in her mouth of the pancake. She agreed with the boy and she couldn't ever eat this at home. Her mother would tell her that it wasn't girly like. But she hated it when her mother did that. '' Me neither! Yeah first day, so I want to look back on a great first day. And food helps with that. What about you?'' Lauren took another sip of her pumpkin juice and than looked at the boy. '' I'm Lauren. by the way. Your accent tells me your from Scotland isn't it? '' She asked to the boy. And looked at her plate to see what the next delicious thing would be.

Aonghas gave a little smile at the girl as she handed over the pancakes to him, and he began to pile a few on to his plate. The hufflepuff nodded and listened along as she continued speaking, she wanted to have a good first day as did he. Aonghas wanted to have a good first day, or well a good first week. He had sent his letter and he didn't have anything left to do with the first day but he still wanted to be good at it. The hufflepuff then smiled as she introduced herself, "Nice tae meet ye Lauren," the boy replied, he held out a hand to her. "Ah'm Aonghas, and ah am fae Scotland," he was surprised that she knew that was where his accent was from, since he'd gathered that not everyone actually did know that, but this girl did. "Where are ye fae?" he could assume that she wasn't from scotland given her lack of a scottish accent, but he wasn't sure that her accent was a kiwi accent, it sounded more english than anything, she had a a slight twang of something that he wasn't certain about where it was from. She didn't have much of an accent like the others he had met so far but perhaps that was only because it was a little early in the day for any real conversation. He cut up part of his pancake and put it in his mouth with a grin, humming happily as he tasted it. Oh it was nice. He loved the food. "Ah man, this is delicious," he swallowed the food happily, "What else is good?" since Lauren had gotten to the breakfast before he had.

Lauren looked at the boy as he seemed to be pleased to have a big breakfast with lots of delicious stuff. So was she and who wouldn't be she figured? Lauren loved food and she could decide for her own what she would eat and how much. It was really heaven this place and she felt free of anything. The boy had such a lovely accent and Lauren was glad she had heard it before, otherwise it would be hard to catch what he was saying sometimes she figured, '' Nice to meet you too Aonghas.'' she said back with a smile and took another bite of her pancake.
'' I knew you were!!'' she said with her mouth full. So perhaps the boy would not understand any word she was saying. But she put up her thumb in case it seemed stupid what she was doing. When she had her mouth empty again she answered his question.
'' I was born in Sweden. But I'm living in Cambridge England now. My uh.. mom is from Sweden and my dad is English.'' She said with not much emotion on her face. She didn't lived long in Stockholm before moving to Cambridge. And Cambridge was her home, at least it had to be. Sometimes it didn't felt like it but it was like that and she had to live with it. '' So that's why I heard your accent. I've visited Scotland for many times. I like it. Where are you living in Scotland?'' Lauren directly had to think about the bagpipe, because the blonde was often easily distracted. '' Can you play the bagpipe too. And do you have a skirt?'' Lauren was too curious and thought it was funny. She was glad to see the boy enjoyed the pancakes and he asked her advice about something else. '' I know man! I'm not lying. Hmmm.. difficult. The croissants with chocolate are nice too. You want one? Or two or many more?'' She asked the boy with much excitement.

Aonghas gave a little smile at the girl when she began telling him about herself where she and her family were from. It explained her accent to him and he just let her tell him about it. He nodded when she said she’d been to his home country a few times, ”Bridge of Orchy,” the boy replied, doubting that even if she had been to Scotland she would not remember the small rural town he lived in. That was unless she had come to that town for his family’s robes, which was quite likely if her family was rich and magical. They had the occasional muggle walk in when they advertised what they did for university or for halloween, but it was rare if ever that they did. The boy couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the questions which follow, ”Ah dinnae play, and ah dae have my kilt,” he made sure to emphasize the word kilt over the word which she had used. He didn’t tend to get annoyed when people incorrectly said it, but he was also at a point where he could begin to correct them, certainly Aonghas could tell the students that were the same age as him what the correct word was. ”How ye ended up here?” Aonghas asked with an interested expression, since she was much like him not at all from these parts and yet at this school rather than any of the other options that were available to them. However, the girl was very focused on breakfast and Aonghas nodded as she spoke again, he nodded in the end, ”Aye a’right,” the boy said taking one, ”Ah’m used tae porridge and tha’, this is pure fancy breakfast stuff,” Aonghas was rather in awe of all of the options and though he was really feasting now, he knew that in the weeks to come he would be far more reasonable.

The blonde liked meeting new people. Her sister tried to avoid it, but Lauren was sure that Gabriella liked to be with friends or have one as well. She wouldn't admit it but Lauren couldn't imagine a life without a friend. Her dad just thought it would be distractions and wanted their children to excell but Lauren thought differently. And while talking to Aonghas she enjoyed hearing about his life and stuff. It was just nice to know. When the boy answered where he came from. The blonde didn't knew brigde of Orchy but she was sure it would be nice there. She thought of Scotland as a nice country but only had been to the big parts. Where the man's walked in skirts. But Aonghas called it a kilt. And Lauren smiled for a moment. '' I figured you didn't, but does your family play and wear a skirt, uh I mean kilt that was how it was called yeah. Or is that just something from the old days.? '' Lauren said to the boy. When he asked how she came up to this school the blonde had those questions herself too sometimes. It wasn't like she had a choice. '' Well my parents went to this school. And they decided for me that this would be it. My sister also goes here.'' Lauren said bluntly. But now she was here the school seemed pretty fun she had no idea which other school she could went too. '' What about you? There is a school in Scotland as well right? Why not going there?'' Lauren took another bite of her croissant with chocolate. Lauren was becoming a bit full but it all seemed so delicious and she wanted to try all. '' I never get this at breakfast. This is a true feast!'' Lauren became pretty happy from food. She looked around for a moment to see if more students were really enjoying this.

Aonghas listened as she asked more about his origins, he shrugged, ”Ma uncle plays ‘em,” he replied, there was usually at least one person in the family who played, he was glad that it seemed to just be dependent on his uncle’s side, ”Aye, the kilt’s fae special occasions, like weddin’ and that. Ma family has a family tartan, we all wearing the same oan,” the boy replied. He was always happy to talk about this with others, and the girl seemed genuinely interested in it too. It was some feigned interest, and it did seem like she was just trying to learn too. So long as she wasn’t making fun of it, he would entertain her questions about his home life, ”Ma family split fae the muggle line generations back, so we kept the ald name but modernised tae ye know, but keep daein' 'hings like learnin' Gaelic, the family kilt,” He didn’t know how much to explain to her since he was sure at a certain point she was bound to grow bored. So he stopped going on about it and instead listened as she explained why she had ended up at this school rather than one closer. She returned the question to him, but it seemed like it was a similar reasoning, ”Ma brother goes here,” the boy didn’t think it mattered the whole deep reasoning, this girl wouldn’t care about his older sister dying, his brother being sent here, and Aonghas opting for it because he wanted a seven year adventure before settling down to family life. He nodded along as she exclaimed at the breakfast, ”Aye, it’s a feast. Ah wonder if it’s link this everyday. Ah couldnae imagine so, it’s lovely but like tae much after a while,”

Lauren sometimes needed to listen carefully to what he said. The accent was something interesting and funny but she had to pay attention to what he said. Lauren was easily distracted, but Aonghas seemed like a fun person. And Lauren was getting a bit full of all this food. She had the idea of eating all things she liked, but her stomach said something else. '' Cool! '' Lauren responded at his uncle playing the bagpipe. Lauren was actually interested in what the boy had to say. She just liked to hear about other families, especially since hers was so different. And he seemed to have a nice family from what she had heard right now. The boy had kind of the same story he had a brother here too. Her parents would never listen to her if she asked for another school, that was something what was sure. '' In which house is your brother? Also in Hufflepuff or?'' Lauren asked the boy. She took one last bite of her pancake and than shove it away. '' I can't see food or eat anything anymore. I don't know if they have this everyday? But I don't mind if they do. But right now I can't even walk I guess. '' Lauren said while laughing and looked over to Aonghas. She was distracted now and wanted to do something. '' Do you like adventure?'' She asked curious if the boy was in for some fun.

Aonghas looked at the girl as she listened to him talk about his family and the heritage of it. It was true that it seemed that she interested and her first reaction to it wasn't to make fun of him which was a nice change of pace, he had been concerned from what rory had advised that some people just wouldn't understand it, and that he would be involved in way more jokes than he had ever wanted to be. So, her reaction was nice, it put him a little bit at ease, he could imagine that maybe more of his interactions would go down that path and not the other. The conversation quickly moved on, and he shook his head at her, "Naw, he's a slytherin," the boy replied, with a slightly disappointed expression. Though obviously Rory had been sorted first it was disappointing that he hadn't been sorted into the same house as his brother - while Aonghas was also very happy that he had at least been sorted in hufflepuff rather than everything else. It was complicated as were so many things appeared to be since coming to school. "ye got siblings lauren?" he asked, "Ah like adventure enough, whatcha thinkin'"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back