The First Day

Alexis Richarde

The first day of school had quickly approached Alexis, she had prepared and prepared and prepared some more but as she woke up to realize today she was to have her first class she found that none of it mattered and she felt like a complete and utter wreck. She ran around her bedroom, searching for her text books that she had already read and partly memorized. When she found them she put them on top of her sheet covers and ran, loudly, into her closet, trying to find clothes that she thought were respectable enough but she found nothing. "Oh god!" she groaned, not at all sure as to what she was to do. So pajama clad she left her room and knocked on Lewis' as she entered. "Lewis?" she asked as gently as her frantic voice could get in her state.

Being a med student was generally quite hard. Lewis found it easy. What he didn't find easy was getting up in the morning. He didn't have lectures on a Monday morning, he had one in the afternoon, but that was it. Lewis who was up a lot of the night, making a random potion and Reading up for his lecture. This meant that when Alexis knocked on his door in the morning, Lewis took a few seconds to register anything. Once he did lewis sat up and switched on his lamp. He looked sleepy, his hair was widely sticking up and his pale blue eyes shone bright against the white surrounding the pupil. He nodded sleepily.

"Alexis? What's the problem?" Lewis asked while getting out of bed and stretching.

Alexis set her gaze at a very sleepy Lewis as he awoke. "I don't know what to do Lewis! I think I might be having a heart attack or something," she said as she moved in closer to his room, her eyes darting over to the clock by his bedside table. "I have a lecture this morning and.. umm," she said trailing off nervously as she scratched the top of her head and running her fingers through her messy strawberry blonde hair.

Lewis watched, his eyes closing and opening, as Alexis paced around his room. This was usual. He's been like that too. Not too seriously but he felt nervous. Now it was as easy as 1, 2, 3. Lewis walked straight to Alexis, he took her by the shoulders to stop her from walking. He looked down at his roommate and gave an encouraging smile. It was like telling a young child that school wasn't scary.

"Alexis, firstly calm down. It'll be fine. Most of the others will be hungover, you'll be a shining star of beauty against the hungover pale faces of a lecture hall." Lewis said encouragingly. "I don't have a lecture until the afternoon, would like some moral support in your first morning?"

Alexis looked up at Lewis as he held her by her shoulders, her heart still hammering with anxiety as she let Lewis take control of the situation. Her nervous expression did a flip into a touched one as he said that she would be a "shining star of beauty". She let out a deep, heavy breath and she shyly nodded her head at his question. "You'd do that for me?" she asked, touched that her friend would be there for her so much when he could easily do what ever he wanted.

Lewis nodded. He was careful in choosing his friends, but when he did, he knew he knew that he'd made the right choice. Lewis was extremely loyal to those around him. He didn't desert them, unless they really hurt him, but Lewis had many defenses that would protect him. They weren't however bulletproof. Lewis smiled at Alexis, it was almost cute to see her this nervous. Lewis, just had time to kill until his first lecture, so he would even help her pick out clothes if she needed it. He knew what a first day at uni was like it. He'd done it before. And he'd watched those around him, that had been when he was in university residency. That had been an interesting day. So much unwanted stress.

"Of course, now, I don't mean to insult your fashion sense, but you're in University, no pj's." Lewis said with a small laugh. "You need to go get dressed, and I shall make breakfast Okay?"

Alexis let out an actual laugh at Lewis' joke, her stress slowly budding away. She was so relieved that she had him as her roommate and friend. "I will silly," she said before wrapping her arms around his waist appreciatively. "Thanks. I really needed that Lewis," she said before pulling away and flashing Lewis a bright grin, before skipping gleefully out of his room and into her own with a new aspect on the whole day just because of the comfort her blue eyed friend gave her.

Lewis smiled to himself as he watch Alexis walked out the room, and through to her room. Lewis took a few more moments to wake himself up, grab and put on a new t-shirt before walking to the kitchen. He was quick to make some pancakes, something which he hoped Alexis would like, if not he had bagels, muffins and bread. All things that lay around the house and didn't do much apart from be eaten whenever Lewis could grab the time. He took out various spreads while the cutlery slowly cooked. He liked that he had a witch for a roommate, it made life just that little bit easier for him. He was able to do multiple things like that. He put everything onto the kitchen table, before making sure all the pancakes were alright.

"Breakfast is ready." Lewis called out to the house. "And I hope you like pancakes."

Alexis stepped out of her room with her strawberry blonde hair pulled back into a pony tail and her face was bright and eager but with a little bit of anxiety, but that was normal. She was wearing a pair of clean cut jeans and a camisole with a black blazer. She knew this might seem like a little much compared to the other people she would be attending class with but she worked so hard to get in, it would only make sense for her to look the part in class. She walked towards the kitchen and smiled as she saw Lewis who was quickly becoming her rock. "I love them, thanks Lewis," she said with a bright smile.

She stepped back and showed him full view of herself and asked with a smile, "How do you think I look? A step up from pajamas?" Alexis wrinkled her nose playfully as she put her hands on her hips.

Lewis smiled as she walked back into the room. Lewis had to admit the girl looked mighty fine. He couldn't help but let himself think this. He waved his wand, and the things he had used to cook the pancakes began to clean themselves. Oh, the advantages of being a wizard. Lewis smiled at the thought. He wasn't quite sure how the muggles did it. He found it surprising that they managed. Lewis pretended to not like it and shook his head. He copied her by put on of his hands onto his hips. And shook his head.

"I don't know, I think I liked the pj's better." Lewis said completely serious, before breaking into a smile and laughing slightly. "You look like an Oxford Student, here to learn. Eat up, while I go change." Lewis said before leaving the room, and going to get properly changed.

Alexis stuck her tongue out at Lewis as he said that he liked the pj's better then what she was currently wearing. "You know you like it," she taunted him, before smiling at him and said, "Alright, Mister Magic." She knew that she was a witch, a damn powerful one but she also didn't care for magic one bit and this was her first step to being a normal human. She sat down at the kitchen table and nearly doused the pancakes in syrup as she always did, a habit of hers from her childhood. She cut a small piece off and ate it, chewing slowly to enjoy the taste and inwardly frowned to herself as she was reminded of the time when Izaak had made breakfast for her when she had been in the shower after their first night together.

As Alexis ate, it brought her to wince to herself. She couldn't imagine that now she was alone and she had all she ever wanted without the person she needed more then the education she had wanted since she was a little girl. It was pathetic, she couldn't get over Izaak and it hurt, she didn't want to see Leah because she looked so much like him, as did Jay and Gabriel. Their eyes all reminded her of the beautiful azure eyes that belonged to the person she loved.

Lewis went straight to his room and quickly changed into normal clothes. He was still sleepy, he had hoped that maybe he could just sleep in and go to his lectures, or not go at all, and hope that what he missed wouldn't be too important. Instead Lewis decided that he'd be a good second year and actually go to the lecture. He picked up his books for the lecture he would be attending and put them into his bag. He tied up his converses and then left the room, going to the bathroom, to brush his hair, and make sure he didn't have too much stumble. After he was all ready. He walked back into the Kitchen and grabbed an apple from the bowl.

"Okay I'm ready to go, whenever you're ready Alexis." Lewis said. "Which lecture do you have first? So i know where we are going"

Alexis found that she lost her appetite as thoughts swarmed her so while she watched for Lewis she cleaned her plate, feeling a little bad that she didn't eat the wonderful breakfast her roommate had made for her. So when he came back out, she smiled politely at him before pouring herself a mug full of coffee. "Biochemistry," she said as she picked up her set of keys from the table and said, "You know where it is, right?" She cringed at herself, feeling like an idiot. Of course he would, not only was he a second year, but he was a medical student.

Lewis nodded he knew exactly where that was. He had spent a lot of time near there at the start of the previous year. A little summer fling which went on longer than just a summer.. Lewis smiled at Alexis, as if he had a secret of some sort. Which it was, but that was only because Alexis didn't know him well enough to know about that girl. He had never had a lecture there, the medical building was far away. Strange considering both were to do with chemistry and biology, but Lewis didn't question the workings of Oxford University.

"Course I know where it is. I've been there before, but never for a lecture." Lewis said "It's not terribly far from here, about a 10 minute walk. Shall we go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back