Not open for further replies.

Ellington Hayes

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Homoromantic asexual
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Although Halloween was the anniversary of her mother's death, Ellie did not want to miss it. She saw that maybe this would be a good way to honour the memory of her mother as well as celebrate a day of candy and other such things. Back in England, Ellie had never really partaken in such games, but attending the school with her siblings, the ones she never knew she had, Ellie had grown an appreciation of the fine job that many of the students put into their costumes and she had to admit that she couldn't fault them. They were nice costumes some of them. She saw the standard Princes and Princesses, a couple of zombies and some superheroes as well as all manner of fantastical creatures. It was honestly a lot of fun to see them out in force. Allowing them all a chance to be creative when they otherwise couldn't be.

A smile rode onto her lips as she walked into the middle of the room and began to dance. Her Sally costume had taken her a lot of time and effort and she might as well have shown it off. She wasn't going to stand in the corner of any room. That just wasn't how she was. Normally she was a shy type of person, but she was playing a part today. She was determined to have fun, whatever the cost to her might be.

Alana had not attended the Halloween Feast the year before. She had been new to the school and too overwhelmed by all of the changes that came with that to even think of attending. This year, things were different. Well, some things were. Alana didn't dare ask her parents for a costume. They weren't big on costumes. Instead, the Slytherin girl had requested parts - a leotard here, some cylinder tubing there and she had worked on her costume. It had taken a while.

Donning her Acromantula costume , Alana wondered what her schoolmates would think of her costume. Would they make fun of her for not having a store bought costume? Admire her for having the creativity to make one? It was hard to tell.

Entering the Great Hall, the girl walked around in awe. Her red eyes roamed everywhere, so it was no surprise when she banged into the girl. It was more surprising that she hadn't banged into anyone sooner. Horrified, Alana realized that she was in the middle of the dance floor. "I...I...I'm sorry" she stammered as she began to back away.

Dancing was really not something that Ellie was good at. In fact she mostly just jumped and twisted around with the music. It definitely wasn't anything she would be doing at a formal gathering or a party where people would care. Here though, she didn't have to worry, no-one was really paying her any attention, so she could just dance without a care in the world. That was until someone bumped into her. She was surprised really, because she hadn't expected anyone to get close enough to her to be able to bump into her. She turned around and saw a younger girl in a spider suit backing away slowly. Ellie smiled. "Hey, don't run away. Are you okay?" She asked, moving slightly towards the girl but not wanting to frighten her. "You aren't hurt, right?" She didn't personally know the girl, but then she didn't get out much. It was entirely possible that she was a Gryffindor, but she could have been a Hufflepuff too. Ellie just didn't know. "Sorry about that, i wasn't looking where I was dancing."

Sorry about the length!

Alana stopped walking backwards when the girl spoke to her again. She shook her head no, finding her voice finally when the girl apologized to her. "It wasn't your fault. I was walking and not paying any attention at all" the second year replied. She didn't want to explain that she'd never been to the feast before, not wanting to sound that lame.

Giving the costumed girl a weak smile, Alana's red eyes began taking in the costume. The girl had red hair, a couple of shades brighter than Alana's ruby eyes. The costume wasn't anything that she recognized. Alana had been brought up on wizarding stories and knew nothing of muggle fairy tales. "I like your costume" she replied shyly. She was about to leave it at that, but curiosity got the better of her. "but who are you dressed as?" Alana didn't even notice that she'd begun moving slightly to the beat of the music playing. It was mostly just her swaying back and forth, nothing much.

Ellie smiled at the younger girl. She'd done her fair share of embarrassing things. She shook her head. "Let's agree to disagree. Would that help?" Probably they were both at fault, or maybe neither, but either way it wasn't going to be resolved via argument. Looking at the girl now, Ellie could see that she had very strange coloured eyes. Was that natural, or part of her costume? She didn't know but either way it was pretty cool. "Oh, thank you! I like yours as well." It was kind of cute that she was dressed as a spider. Ellie didn't think she had seen that one before. Not that it mattered terribly. "Well, its kind of a muggle thing. Her name is Sally and she is married to a skeleton." Ellie didn't know if that sounded weird or not, but, well, it was Halloween. "You have very interesting eyes. Is it a genetic trait, or magic?"

So sorry!

Alana listened to the older girl as she explained her costume. Her red eyes widened at the story behind the costume. "And it's a muggle story?"she asked incredulously. It didn't sound like something that muggles would come up with, though having never been exposed to any muggle stories she was probably not a good judge of things like that.

Alana froze as 'Sally' moved the conversation to her eyes. She prepared herself for the girl to continue by insulting her eyes. They'd been called interesting before, and it hadn't always been a good thing. The skeleton's wife seemed more curious than anything else. She shrugged. "Does genetic mean I was born this way?"she asked. "My mum has them too" she added before asking the question she had been most curious about. "Why did Sally want to marry a skeleton?" she asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back