Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Brevy
Wand
Curved 13 1/2 Inch Rigid Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Maisie was excited to be going to the Yule Ball with Avery. She had been surprised but insanely pleased when he'd said yes. She threw on her favorite dress and skipped down to the event. He wasn't there yet, so she waited outside for him, humming and swishing her skirts around her legs as she waited for the other boy to arrive.

Avery had not gone to the last ball. It had been too packed full of people, and he rather enjoyed the fact that the rest of the castle, for the first time in a long time, had been quiet and empty. This year, the cards had other plans in store, and he found himself approaching the bustling Great Hall. He thought he might be nervous, but he knew he was meant to be here tonight, and that had been enough to quell any butterflies in his stomach. He spotted Maisie and walked over to her. "I like your dress." He commented. It reminded him of one of his Empress tarot cards, further reinforcing the idea that tonight was somehow going to be important.​

Maisie smiled brightly as Avery appeared. "Hi! Thanks," She swooshed her dress around her ankles again. "It's so swooshy, I love it," She giggled, before looking over at him. "You look really handsome!" She smiled. "What do you want to do?" She asked, motioning to the hall. "The decorations are really pretty! And there are presents under the tree! Do you want to dance?" She rambled on a bit, looking into the hall then back to him with a bright smile.

Avery had to agree, it was a very swooshy dress. Her compliment took him by surprise, and he blushed slightly, unsure how to respond. "Okay. Thank you." He said awkwardly. His gaze followed her gesture towards the hall, already busy, booming with chatter and noise. There were a lot of people there. It looked impossible not to bump into someone. "I haven't been here before, I don't know what there is to do." He admitted. She'd explained some of it, but outside of dancing, he wasn't sure what went on. "We can dance." He agreed. He wasn't fond of the idea of being amongst that crowd, with so many other people dancing, but it seemed to be what he had to do.​

Maisie hesitated, looking to Avery. He seemed uncomfortable. An idea clicked in her head and she stepped a little closer. "Avery," She spoke, very serious. She pointed to the snacks table. "Why don't we dash in, grab a handful of snacks," She tried to sound conspiratorial, like it was some grand scheme. "Then we dash back out and to the court yard?" She smiled impishly. "We can totally hear the music from there. I just wanna hang out with you anyway, so we can have fun and not have to bump into all those people in there too much," She giggled, thrilled with how clever she was.

Avery was confused by the change of tone, but as Maisie spoke, he raised his brows in understanding. It was like she'd read his mind, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't relieved at the idea. "If you want to. That sounds like a good idea." He said. He was glad she didn't care too much about the ball aspect as everyone else did. He didn't mind dancing, he enjoyed it, but never with quite so many eyes around to watch. He took a breath and began to walk quickly into the Great Hall, but his pace faltered when he realised he wasn't sure where he should be going. "Where do we find these snacks?" He asked quietly, sidestepping to avoid a couple brushing past.​

Maisie grinned, pleased when he agreed, and hurried after him into the hall. "Here," She offered her hand out to him, before skipping her way over to the snack table. She grabbed a plate and started piling it up with biscuits and tarts and little cupcakes. When she was satisfied, she grabbed a drink and turned to check on Avery's progress.

In his entire life, Avery could only remember ever holding his mother's hand. Usually to keep him close and stop him from straying too far away rather than to reassure him. He stared uncertainly at Maisie's hand, before taking hold of the very tips of her fingers and following along. She skipped, he walked behind, albeit slightly faster than normal. The foods at the snack table were decorated and shaped in ways he wasn't entirely familiar with seeing in food, but resembled other real things he knew of. He took a chocolate covered baked good shaped like a fallen log, but realised he wasn't all that hungry for anything else. That, and he didn't want to stand around longer than he needed to. The snack table was quite popular it seemed. He caught up with Maisie at the drinks, noting that she'd piled a lot more food on her plate than he had. "Would you like me to hold anything?" He asked, unsure if she'd be okay carrying everything on her own when he had plenty of hand space free.​

Avery was kinda cute. She smiled, humming softly as she picked up a drink. "Oh, I've got this, do you wanna get a drink?" She nodded to them on the table, and after giving him a second, skipped back out of the hall, humming to herself. She tried to skip close to him, thinking that tonight was already going really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back