Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader was tired, but the evening was just beginning really. The boy’s feet were sore, his bones felt weary, he had been awake too long, his coffee intake that day had been so high and he felt like he vibrating lightly as he went around the room. He was due to meet Pho at some point and would have to explain how he’d managed to forget to give her a rose. He’d decided after he’d spoken quickly with one of the rose giving organisers that to see if he had or not. He had gotten a pink rose without a note, and he could give it to her. But, that would be when she turned up and he was nervous about how she would react. His mind preoccupied with that, but he had a job to do. Vader had his camera around his neck, he was taking the pictures as he went around them, using that to distract him which was working a little. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, stopping for a moment in his walking around the room, he kind of wanted to stop for a moment, but he couldn’t stop. He didn’t have the time to. He had to get his pictures, he had to keep a hold of his camera this time, he had to have fun with Pho. He didn’t have time. God he was tired. He couldn’t wait to go to bed that night, even if he was a little worried about what Vegeta might do.

Even though there was only one reason Ava would admit coming to the dances for, she still always showed up. Even if she secretly wished that Philip would sweep her off her feet one night for a dance and a kiss and all sorts of things she didn't want to admit to wanting, Ava still only came here to check on the one person who always seemed to be trying to do himself in every dance. She walked up behind him, placing a hand gently in the small of his back and grabbing the camera from his hands. She put it in her bag before pulling him in for a hug. "You'll get it back, just shut up and relax a minute, would you?" She chided gently, running her fingers through his hair. "Come on, Timmy. Breathe."

Vader jumped slightly when a hand was suddenly placed on his back, feeling his body tense until he saw who it was, ”Helene,” he couldn’t help but breath a little sigh of relief as tension in his body reduced slightly. She was taking the camera off him but he was tired and knew better than to fight her on it. He made a small noise when she’d taken it, near out of reflex. He knew at least it was safe with Ava. He let himself be brought into the hug. He didn’t know why this kept happening why he just seemed to be so terrible at dealing with his own stresses and responsibilities. He didn’t know why he just couldn’t sleep on some nights, why he couldn’t relax on some days. He knew that he had worries, was constantly on edge because of Vegeta, because of how he hadn’t felt towards Isabelle and how he still hadn’t managed to with Pho. Ava kept having to take care of him. He let out a long breath when she told him to. But it didn’t feel like it helped since the next few came in quick succession. Ava tended to help him relax but he couldn’t manage it. ”I forgot to get a rose for Pho. I remembered practically everyone else but I forgot her,” he spoke quietly but quickly, unable to help his quickened breathing, ”what if she breaks up with me? What am I going to do Ava? I can’t not be with her,”

Ava ran her hand through his hair, brushing the other down his face. "Vader, focus on me. I'm right here. It's going to be okay." She shushed him gently, taking his hands and pulling him to a nearby table. "Come on, let's sit. I don't know why you think you need a girlfriend so badly, Timmy," She decided that though the timing might not be great, he needed to be reassured. "Pho is a good girl, and she's crazy for you. But if something happens- if it really doesn't work- then maybe we could? I know neither of us has felt that way. But if it's so important, maybe we could learn to." She smiled, rubbing her thumbs over the backs of his hands. "You don't have to be so scared, Vader." She told him softly, "I'll always be right here. No matter what happens, no matter what it means, you've got me." She squeezed his fingers. She could see he was two steps away from a break down, and if she didn't manage to head it off then she would stand firm right where she and try her best to keep him grounded.

Vader let himself focus on her, was pliant as she dragged him to a seat and forced him to sit. He took a seat but his heart was racing, acknowledging his own forgetfulness seemingly increasing his stress. His breathing came in quicker, he knew he was over reacting but his mind had never been very good at processing things when he was tired, and god was he tired. This was one of very few occasions that day where he’d really sat down. He always let his stress mount and take over. He was letting that happen now. He looked back towards her, he didn’t know how to begin explaining to her why. He frowned at her offer, he didn’t like Ava like that at all. He loved Ava but because she was his closest, bestest friend, because she was his sister. He couldn’t imagine trying to love her or like her in the way he was trying to with Pho. Vader felt awful at the offer, he knew that Ava liked Philip, he knew that he would never like Ava in the way she was suggesting and not just because she was like his sister.
Vader took a deep breath, he had to stop over reacting, he had to just deal with things as they happened and stop dragging Ava down with him. Vader had Pho, he had accio, he had good grades, why did he always let things get to him. Vader just wanted to go to bed, he wanted to curl up and go to sleep properly, or at least just be alone. But at hogwarts there were few places he could be alone. Vader’s hands shook lightly, but he took a deep breath, he moved in his seat placing his feet firmly upon the floor, sat up a little better and then looked at Ava. ”I’m sorry Ava, you’re right, I’m over reacting,” Vader said to her, ”You don’t need to worry about me, it’s been a long day and you know what my sleep is like,” he let out a little laugh, always playing it as a joke, even if it didn’t feel genuine at all. ”I’m fine. Just give me my camera back and we can both enjoy the dance?”

Ava hadn't expected him to listen to her. She sighed. "No, you can't have it back yet." She pulled one of Lily's muffins from her bag instead along with a water bottle and set them both in front of him. "Have you stopped to eat yet today? I don't think so, let's sit for a minute and get something in you. You can drop from exhaustion but you're not going to starve." She ruffled his hair before trailing her fingers along his face. "You know I'm always going to be right here, right?" She booped his nose. "I'll wait for you after the dance, I was thinking we could sneak up to the towers where we were before and try to get in some proper sleep for you." She informed him. "I've been sneaking in pillows and blankets all week, it's going to be really comfortable."

Vader looked at Helene as she placed the water bottle and the muffin in front of him. He took the bottle and quickly took some sips from it. He knew she would always be there for him, and that for Vader was becoming part of the problem. She was doing things for him constantly. She was helping him constantly. He could handle himself, ”I know Ava,” he told her, ”I can’t sneak up there, I should go to bed, proper bed,” Vader shifted Vegeta out of his mind as quickly as he came in. ”I’ve been sleeping better, just had a bad night. I’m doing just fine,” he lied, forcing as reassuring a smile as he could on to him face. He reached out to the muffin and took a small bite, he didn’t have time to eat it all now, he knew Pho would arrive soon and he still had plenty to do with his pictures. ”Thanks for this Helene,” he drank some more water and then went to stand, and went to reach for his camera. He didn’t want to take it from her but he wanted to get back to it. He knew that him getting more help from her would only make his own feelings about it worse. He needed to stop dragging her down, ruining her nights.

Ava's frustration was building. She grabbed Vader's wrist as he reached for his camera and stood with him. "Vader!" She chided. "Dont lie. Please. I can't take it." She sighed, running her hand lower to hold his. "I know it bugs you that I'm always looking after you. I don't know what's going on, and I dont think you know what's going on either, but Timmy," her eyes misted over with tears and she looked away to hide them. "I... I've lost everyone that I've ever loved and there was never anything I could do about it. Not with mom or grandma or Philip, and things are still a bit dicey with my dad, I... you're my whole world, and it just... I just..." She sighed, laying her head on his chest and sniffling. She didn't know how to explain to him the way she felt. "I can't just sit here and do nothing again. I dont know why it's not okay but I hate that it's not and I wish I could take it instead." She admitted softly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back