The End

Jarrett Vyhnal

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 14" Sturdy Hazel Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Jarrett Vyhnal could not say that he was really at all that happy right now. Well, he was glad that Astoria and Tristane were definitely not an item, but what stopped him from going over to kill the guy for cheating on Astoria was the fact that he slept with Astoria, and kissed her the night they got engaged, so he was just as bad as Tristane apparently was. But Liliana was part-veela, so that might have played against the angel's morals. Jarrett did not really know but he also did not really care. All he wanted was to have Astoria to himself, and it seemed like that was the case. Maybe. The two still had some issues getting along, and it might have been because he was a really angry guy. It was something that he needed some help with. But he got a letter in the mail that his little brother got married to a woman named Kendra Snow. Well, Kendra Vyhnal now. He was somewhat confused since he would have never thought that his brother would have married anyone, let alone a Quidditch player and a Snow. Jarrett was interested in a Snow, so brother like brother. Maybe, he could bring Camden around again, but thinking of him made that blood pressure rise. How dare he suggest that Jarrett needed help and how their parents died!

The Quidditch player was in his room and he tossed the magazine that he was reading. The very thought of his parents angered him so much, that he wanted to throw anything and everything. But then, his anger melted when he thought of Astoria pregnant with his child. That made him somewhat relieved. He did not know how far along she was, but with Taralynn pregnant, and Astoria, he was hoping to god that Valera would remain as pure as ever. She needed to stay that way or else he would be very angry. But as far as he was aware, Valera had no interest in boys, so why should he care? So, Jarrett needed something to do. He got out of his bed and he opened his bedroom door only to close it behind him. He walked into the fridge and he opened a soda. He took a drink, not noticing that he was empty on alcohol. He had been for a while. He wondered if Astoria had a doctor’s appointment or not. He walked around the living room and found that she was not there. So, he decided to just yell for her. "Hey, Story, do you have an appointment today?" Preggos did that a lot, right? Go see how the baby was doing?

Astoria was in the midst of reading one of the baby books her cousin has so graciously donated to her when heard someone yell her nickname followed by a brief mention of the word appointments. Astoria closed the book settled within her lap and turned her body so that she could get off of her bed more easily. Astoria wasn't very far along, not even more than four months, but she was pretty skinny so even the slightest big of weight showed and became a nuisance when she tried to do day-to-day activities. Bending over and trying to pick things up were so far the worst. It was the the point where she could no longer just say that she was gaining weight because she was getting fat, and Astoria hated that. Wandering from the bedroom, Astoria brushed aside some of her long brown hair before she stared at Jarrett curiously. "My next appointment isn't for a couple of days, why?" Astoria appreciated that he wanted to be involved in the child's life since he had every right to be, and she had every intention of allowing it. But along with his concern for the child, Astoria had begun to notice that it appeared as if he were trying to become close with her at the same time. It was if he thought that they actually had a shot together.

Not that Astoria didn't like Jarrett, because she really did. The two of them just had way too many problems sitting on their plate for them to even begin to properly function like a couple. "You look like you're bored or something." Astoria noted. No wonder he wanted to bore the doctor's out with her, he must have had nothing else to do. But unless it was about the baby, Astoria would have preferred not to. She didn't want to fall in love with Jarrett again, and then have his anger push her away. He needed some help so that he could put his life back together and be less angry with just about everything and everyone. He even looked a bit tense right now, and Astoria figured that he probably didn't even realize it. But, he had been making some slight progress. Ever since Astoria had ended things with Tristane, he had stopped abusing the alcohol. Something that Astoria had become very proud to see. Maybe he really did want to change his life around for this baby? He was already very involved with it's life. Maybe soon they could see the gender?

Yelling for a pregnant woman to come in here would not be the best of ideas. Valera was out of the house right now, exploring off with her friends or something. Jarrett had no idea that she was actually in art school, even though he said that it was just a bad idea. He believed it too. Jarrett looked up as he sipped from his soda to see if Astoria made her way in here yet. He did not have anything to do right now, so he figured that she would have some appointment. No practice, no games, he was in utter boredom right now. He needed something to do, so maybe this was his chance to maybe have a second chance with Astoria. She and Tristane were finished for good. She finally entered the same room as him, and said that her next appointment was in a couple of days. "Oh, nothing really," shrugged the quidditch player as he sipped from his soda some more. He wanted to go out and do something, but somehow, that seemed harder to say than asking for the appointment. The appointment was something better. He knew that checking on the status of the baby would be a good bonding experience.

Through his sunglasses, Jarrett looked down at her bump. She was small, but being a little less than half way done with the pregnancy, it was somewhat weird to see that he made that baby in there with Astoria. He actually made life. He was impressed with his skills, and it helped break up the two people that really needed it more than anything. Jarrett felt somewhat proud of himself. She said that he looked like he was bored, and she hit the nail right on the head. He was bored. He wanted to go out and do something. "Well, yeah, I am a little bored. How about we go out to eat or go to the movies? I heard there is a good, horror film on right now." Muggle fun, but he did not mind. He could drive her there since he did live in the muggle neighborhood. Sometimes, one had to appear normal. At least he had a decent car. Sure, it might be thirty years old, but he worked on it and got it running. He was just hoping that she would say yes so that they could do something, together. If, she would go for it that is.

Jarrett was beginning to do exactly what Astoria feared he was going to do once she and Tristane ended things officially. Although she wanted him around and to be a part of their baby's life, she didn't think that the two of them should be particularly close. She and Jarrett were like a recipe for disaster, and no matter how strong their feelings for one another were, they just weren't right together and he knew this. When the two of them were together all they did was fight and pick at each other. If they were ever going to be a couple, an actual functioning couple, they both needed to fix themselves first. Astoria needed to fix her dependency issues. One day she would still like to be married and have a family if she could manage that, but she needed to realize that she could depend on herself first. That way she might stop clinging onto people thinking she needed them. Jarrett needed to work on his anger, and getting all those things he keeps bottled up out into the open without scaring people away with his temper and the constant yelling that came with it. At least he had ceased the drinking for now.

"Jarrett-" Astoria started off, wanting to be very careful with her wording because she knew that he was going to get mad when she told him this. "I'm glad that you want to be around for the baby, I really am. But I don't think you and I should really try to be close. No dating no.....we're not right for one another. We each have too many problems, and all we'll ever do is fight." Lately they had been getting along, but that was because they only spent time in small increments, and Jarrett was in a honeymoon phase. He didn't even seem to realize what was going on around him. "I'm sorry." The look on her face explained that she really was sorry. But it would just never work out for the two of them. Hopefully he didn't want it that bad, and was only trying to make things work out because of the baby. If that was it, she was cutting him loose now. Astoria held her breath, waiting for it to sink in because he knew that yelling was just around the corner. Jarrett needed to control his temper.

As soon as Astoria said his name, he knew that things would not turn out well. However, he just wanted to be with Astoria again. He thought that they both deserved another chance. It would be ideal for the two of them, and their baby would not have to deal with having parents that were not together. He didn't have parents. Well, not anymore, but he wanted to make things up and all the bad things he had ever done in the past with this child. However, it seemed as though he had hit a road bump that would cause a total wreck. She started to talk on how she was glad that he wanted to be around for the baby, but then how she didn't think that they should try to be close. They were apparently not right for each other. They both had too many problems, and all they ever did was fight. Jarrett's good mood quickly melted away and was replaced with, surprise surprise, anger. So much anger, and she wouldn't even try. He stopped drinking, what more can she really want? "If all we ever did was fight, then explain the fetus that broke your engagement with the perfect, manipulative man?" Jarrett retorted, as he stood up from the chair.

The professional beater was hurt, once more. Everything went wrong in his life, and the one thing that he thought that he could fix, she was not even willing to put forth the effort. "Sorry? Sorry? If you are so f**king sorry then you should at least give it the smallest of chances! I stopped drinking. I've held in my anger so that I don't upset you, and then this is seriously how it is going to be?" Jarrett couldn't take it, and it felt like a nuclear bomb went off in his house. "Then why are you still here?! Obviously, you don't give a rat's ass about me or my life so why the hell are you still around to mess with my sanity? The time at the lake, when the baby happened, everything..." He faded off for a moment before he slung his soda bottle. It smashed against the wall with a loud crash before he finally just yelled, "What more do you want from me?" Jarrett fell into silence, the breaking of the bottle showed that he was physically violent, and somehow, while he was hurt by this, he managed to make it ten times worse on himself.

Just as Astoria had expected, Jarrett exploded. He had so much anger and tension built up inside that she knew it was only a matter of time before it came spilling over, and this might have been it. "Jarrett-" But it was too late, his temper had taken control, and Astoria was beginning to fear that he might take some of his anger out on her. When he even tried to go as far as claiming that he he's been holding his anger in to upset her, Astoria wanted to pop him upside the face. Look at the good it did him! What Jarrett needed more than anything was some help because he was too tied up in hating the world that he surely didn't have any room in it to love Astoria and a baby! It was him throwing the glass soda bottle that brought Astoria to her next decision. If she couldn't trust him to keep his temper at bay for something like this, how could she assume that her baby was going to be safe with him around? "You need help Jarrett. You so wrapped up in how angry you are at being abandoned by your parents that you're nothing but a ticking time bomb. This is the last straw Jarrett, if you're going to be like this.....I'm leaving. Get some help." Astoria grabbed her bag and headed towards the door. The brunette spared one last glance before she sighed and closed the door. Astoria wouldn't allow him around herself or her baby until he got some help and fixed himself. As scared as Astoria was to do this by herself, she knew she this was no longer just about her feelings.
Fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back