The downfall of us- closed

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Steph wondered an unknown street, she was in an unknown town, in an unknown country. She had packed up from Hogwarts, with no intention of going back. And got the train to an airport, and boarded the nearest plane, not caring where it took her.

Steph was a mess, as any passer by would notice. Her once curvy body, was now as thin as it could be without Steph being in extreme pain, her clothes hung off her body, her joints stuck out, her face was pale, thin, and sad. Her hair hung around her shoulders, thin and straight. And she couldnt hold something for to long, she just wasnt strong enough. But Steph didnt realise, in her head she was still the girl she used to be, well she still looked the same.
Two years of pain had done this to her, she had lost everybody she loved, she had nothing left. No family, and no friends. She barely had herself these days.

Steph fiddled with her jacket zip, chewing her lip and staring at the passing muggles.

Eugh She muttered to herself, looking around at the unfamiliar street, not knowing what to do know, where to go, she put her trunk on the floor, and sat down looking around, and brushing her hair out of her face.
Turning, Steph saw someone, someone who made her heart skip several beats, someone who brought an ache in her chest. Someone who had left, without a single goodbye.
Standing up, she walked toward him, she stared, desperately wanting to know if it was him. Whipering softly, 'Aiden..'

Aiden hadn't been able to get a direct flight from Bulgaria to New Zealand, so he took one to Italy, then was going to take one a few days later to New Zealand, where he would be with his family. He was just walking around, hoping that maybe he would see Isabella, but he knew he wouldn't with his luck she would only be coming to Italy when he was in New Zealand, but did he really want to see her?

Aiden had grown taller, he was leaner, yet muscular, his face was thiner and the only thin about him that hadn't changed where his bright blue eyes. He was just about to go to find a place to eat when someone approached him from behind, and whispered his name. The Durmstrang boy turned around and saw Steph. She looked different, not good at all. Her hair was limp, she was oddly thin and she looked depressed.

Aiden wrapped his arms around her, and said, "Steph, you look awful." He kissed her forehead in a brotherly mannor. "Come, lets get you some food," he said as he pulled away, taking her hand and began leading her towards the cafe he was about to go to.

Stephs eyes narrowed slightly, her heart jumping unhealthily. 'Aiden..' She whispered again, allowing him to wrap his strong, comforting arms around her. She stood still, shock pulsing through her body. It took a second to sink in, Aiden.. She hugged him quickly, not knowing what to do.

Steph, you look awful She looked at him, he looked.. amazing. 'I..' was all she could mutter, she felt like screaming, crying, and hitting him. But she knew her feeble arms couldnt hurt Aiden, and it wouldnt help would it?

Steph allowed herself to be pulled toward a cafe, she tried to read the signs, but her misty eyes couldnt read the strange language anyway. She wondered what she would say to Aiden, but her head wasnt working, her body was delayed. A sharp pain hit her in the chest, her body shook slightly, as they entered the cafe. Realisation sinking through, along with confusion. Everything seemed so.. dreamlike.

A strong smell of coffee hit her nose, she didnt look at the people in the cafe, her eyes were fixed on Aiden, wondering what he would say to her. Or what she would say to him.

Aiden sat Steph down at a table, and impatiently awaited a waiter, it wasn't long before one came. He looked over at Steph and began speaking to the waiter in his best Italian, which was shady at best. He had ordered her a glass of water, and a large sandwhich and himself a coffee but told them to take care of her first. The waiter did as told and it came almost immediatly for her.

Aiden looked at Steph wondering what on Earth she was doing in Italy and how she had gotten here. "Steph, what on Earth are you doing in Italy?" he asked her, wondering if she could even understand his words because of how starving she seemed. He knew that one could become delusional from it. The sandwich was placed in front of Steph and a few moments later and then a cup of coffee under him.

Steph sat down quickly, she watched Aiden talk to the waiter, he was speaking in Italian. It wasnt the first time Steph had heard him speak Italian, he had told her he still had feelings for Isabella in Italian.

Steph, what on Earth are you doing in Italy? She chewed her lip slightly, staring up into Aidens face, she coughed slightly, 'I.. i dont know..' She said slowly, her voice was quiet, and quite hoarse, trying so hard not to pour her heart out at Aiden. 'I just, got on a plane, and ended up, here..' Steph hadnt been entirely aware where she was, but she hadnt cared. 'I couldnt stay in New Zealand, i just.. couldnt.' Her voice broke slightly, she looked down just as a waited placed a sandwich infront of her.
Steph almost gagged, but stopped herself, drinking all of her water. She stared at the food infront of her, before clearing her throat and looking up at Aiden once again, her hands pulling the sandwich apart into more manageable pieces. Steph had no intention of eating this sandwich.

Aiden shook his head and said, "Steph, you have to stay in New Zealand, you have to go to school, if you don't you'll end up worse then you are now." He looked into her eyes deeply, pleedingly. He placed his hand on her cheek softly and said, "If you don't want to stay, I'm sure I can talk to Headmistress Powell about you transferring." He gave her a small grin before ordering another water for Steph.

Steph closed her eyes, her thoughts were mixed, her emotions were slowly sinking in, settling.
You'll end up worse then you are now. Steph opened her eyes, Aiden was looking into them, she shook her head, her eyes on his. 'How could i end up worse?' She asked, her voice flat, showing no emotion.

When Aiden placed his hand on her cheek, she placed her hand on his,
If you don't want to stay, I'm sure I can talk to Headmistress Powell about you transferring 'Aiden..' She whispered for the third time, 'I cant go back, theres nothing there for me, no one..' Steph wondered if Aiden knew about Harri leaving.

Aiden frowned at Steph’s words and said, “Please Steph, get an education,” he murmured pleadingly, he was willing to talk to his Headmistress to have her come to Durmstrang or even help her get to Beauxbatons or the other Hogwarts if she went to school. She needed to, it was a bad idea otherwise, a very bad one.

Steph stared into Aidens face, Please Steph, get an education, she had already screwed up one year of her education, she really needed to catch up, but she didnt have the will power, she wasnt going to Beaxbatons, not where her slaggy cousins could watch over her all the time. Maybe Durmstrang was a good idea?
'Aiden, do you realise how much ive screwed everything up?' She murmered, looking down, slowly shaking Aidens hand off. 'I failed second year, im not going back to Hogwarts, where they can make me do second year again. Durmstrang is an option i guess, but Demetris said some kids got bullied when they transferred..' Steph chewed her lip, staring at the sandwich infront of her, she began pulling the smaller pieces apart, and spreading the pieces out, so it looked as though she had eaten.
'I dont know what im going to do!' She said loudly, dropping the sandwich, putting her elbow on the table, and holding her head with one hand.

posting as:

Aiden looked at Steph cautiously. How did she know Demitris Harrington? “How do you know him?” he asked giving her an odd look, but not missing that she was not eating her food. “You wont get bullied, you know me, and a member in The Gang, you’ll be fine Steph,” he urged, secretly hoping that she could transfer so he had some sort of familiarity at his new school, aside from his family. “You can do second year over, I’ll even help you with the DA classes,” he grinned,

Just like everyone in his family, Aiden Lorka seemed to have a special talent with the Dark Arts. His Professor had been pleased to see him back again, apparently his second year students were a bunch of morons that didn’t know a curse from a hex. Which was a little hard to mix up.

Steph looked at Aiden, 'I just, know him.' She told him.
She took a deep breath, 'Okay, im up for it.' Steph smiled slightly at her friend.

'God Aiden!' Her voice was loud again, 'Ive missed you so much!' Steph looked into his eyes, she hadnt seen him for months. He had left without a goodbye, which had broke Steph, along with everything else of course.

Aiden grinned at Steph and said, "I've missed you too." He beamed at his friend, the future Durmstrang girl. "Gah! I can't wait for you to come to Durmstrang with me," he said excitedly, fighting the urge just to wrap his arms around her broken frame. "You want to stay over at my house in New Zealand?" he asked, offering it as a perminant residence to his friend. Sure she probably wouldn't like Gaspard, but he was hardly ever home, and when he was he was in the secret study and never really came out of the house. "I'll be going home in a few days, couldn't catch a direct flight," he added as an after thought.

Steph smiled, a true smile. Gah! I can't wait for you to come to Durmstrang with me, 'I cant wait to get out of Hogwarts forever,' She replied simply.

You want to stay over at my house in New Zealand? Steph could tell Aiden ment it as a perminent residence, 'Id love to Aiden, but i said id go to Demetris's for the summer, so as soon as i leave Asia, i could fly over, and we go to Durmstrang together? Thats if i can transfer..' She told him, hoping he wouldnt pick up on her staying over at Demetris's. She didnt know if Aiden liked him very much.

Aiden shook his head slightly and said, "Non sense, I'll just get my cousin to apparate me over to Demitris' and then back over, they are friends, and I'm almost certain Demitris has a permanent room for Hayden there." He gave his friend a warm smile and said, "Gisella will be pleased to have an older sister, and my Aunt and her daughter are going to be moving out soon, so if you want I can redecorate my cousin's room, she's a bit of a goth." He grinned and suggested, unsure of why he was feeling so talkative all of a sudden, "Why don't you eat some food Stephy?"

Steph smiled at Aiden, she had missed her best friend, especially how he was so over protective of her. 'Yeah, Demetris would prefer that i think.' She smiled.

Steph listened to Aiden talk about his family, and a small spark of excitement was set alight in her gut. She felt like she was being given a new chance at having an education, at being happy.

If you want I can redecorate my cousin's room, she's a bit of a goth Steph chuckled, 'That sounds great Aiden.' She grinned.

Why don't you eat some food Stephy? Steph gulped involuntary, 'Hm, diet.' She said simply, pushing the small pieces of sandwich away from herself, and picking up the extra water Aiden had ordered for her.

Aiden grinned in return but it fell when he noticed Steph gulp, and when she said she was on a diet worry for her consumed him. "What kind of diet?" he asked, giving her a skeptical look, but one that also showed that he could do what ever she needed to help her. He felt just awful that this happened to her when he was gone and that no one had noticed.

'Just a diet,' Steph answered, giving Aiden a small, but unconvinsing smile, 'Dont worry about me Aiden,'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back