the dieing garden

Arisa Havishmen

OOC First Name
Sammy
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Walking down to the garden Arisa started hummimg twinkle twinkle little star while letting her dress swing around her legs. Arisa sniffed the air around her, how she loved the smell of flowers just before they died, ironicly they smelled the sweetest. She saw the trees starting to turn red brown and orange, so pretty amoung the roses that soon wouldn't be there. She picked a rose and brought it up to hjer nose before going over to sit on a bench looking around at the setting in bliss.

Derrik was still going insane. All this going on was just driving him mad. Why was it that he had to be in love with two people? He had laid eyes on Tala since they met. Brodie...that was a whole other story.
"I need some more air." Derrik ran outside not caring were he would go. The autumn breeze nipped at his face.

"Where is the one place...the Garden! That's it!" Derrik made his way to the garden. To his amazement, Arisa was there. He hadn't seen her in a while. Then again....it would be best if they spoke. Derrik could trust Arisa with anything and Derrik was the one person right now who needed an outlet.

Arisa was sitting there with her head down looking at the flower in her lap and when she looked up, to her surprise, Derrik was standing there. Arisa smiled and waved at him, "Hey Derrik, come over here!" Arisa called out.

Arisa called Derrik over. "Well I can't refuse...and I need to talk to someone before I burst." Derrik walked over and took a seat next to Arisa. "Hi." He said almost quickly. It seemed as if he had the jitters as well. This was going to be one kind of a conversation.

"Um..how ya been? I haven't seen you for a while."he said as he semi ruffled his hair.

Arisa's smile disapeared slightly when she saw the state Derrik was in, he seemed... jumpy. "Hey, I've been good, but how are you?" she asked giving him a concerned look.

Arisa gave Derrik a concerned look. Derrik didn't know what to say. He could all out and say what's on his mind or beat around the bush. All he knew was that if he didn't speak soon, his head would explode and he wouldn't be emotionally stable either.

"Um...I guess I've been okay." he said as he looked away.

"You need to say something. I can't stand to see you like this. It's not good for you either." His voice was also trying to help out but it seemed as if he never even existed.

Arisa's eyes narrowed slightly when Deriik said he was fine, "Derrik I know you, I can tell when your not fine, tell me whats wrong" she said in a slightly demanding but gentle voice. She placed her hand on his arm in a comforting mannor and gave him another concerned look.

Derrik almost jumped when Arisa placed her hand on his shoulder. When she said that she wanted to know what was wrong, Derrik couldn't help but shed a tear or two. He quickly wiped them away.

"Arisa...I have no idea whats wrong with me. I can't think straight anymore for some reason. Everything is driving me insane." Derrik was doing his best no to cry. He felt that it wasn't needed.

Arisa couldn't help but notice a few tears that had fallen from Derriks eyes and felt pain for her friend, Derrik had always been there for her, even when she cheated and broke up with him, now she had to be here for him. Arisa wrapped her arms around Derrik's shoulders, "tell me all whats wrong, there has to have been something eading up to this" she replied.

Derrik had to tell Arisa. Like his voice said, he needed to talk to someone. He can't keep this bottled up any longer. He felt Arisa somewhat hug him. He took a deep breath and figured he might as well spill.

"Just...promise me that you'll keep this between me and you." Once more he took a breath and started to talk.

"Well...it all started when I met Tala a while back ago. I feel for the kid quite quickly and honestly I don't know how it happened. We...just started to act like we already knew each other. The more we talked the more it seemed like I was feeling for him even more. It got to the point where I always wanted to be with him. Of course I got to be with him whenever I could. Then it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I was head over heals for him." Derrik took a breather before he continued. He needed to figure out how he continue this story.

Arisa listened to Derriks story keeping her arms around him, "awe, well thats not bad, but im guessing that its not all" arisa replied not wanting to push him, but still wanting to hear the whole thing.

Arisa was right. It wasn't that bad when you thought about it but that was only the beginning. Derrik had to press on.

"Of course its not that bad but it gets worse. Within time, this kid comes out of nowhere....Brodie, a first year slytherin. At first it was just him trying to put me down but things started to change. I started to see him more and more than I did Tala sometimes and that was a little scary. Brodie always tried to make me feel lower then him. It was this thing that was built into his family. Then after so long I got used to it, it was like it didn't phase me. But something also happened with Brodie. Something with his family and his mom died. He didn't really know how to handle it and a few times, I was just lucky I ran into him. He tried to commit suicide thinking that he would do the world a favor. Twice....twice I had saved him. But...it wasn't just saving him...." Derrik took a break. A few more tears started to come down but now he didn't care. He just let them fall down his cheeks.

Arisa cringed when Derrik started talking about Brodie, how she hated him, but she would try and be understanding for Derrik. She felt slightly bad for the kids hearing about how he lost his mom, and tried to kill himself. Letting go of Derrik for a second Arisa wiped away the tears from the confused boys cheeks, "Oh Derrik, you like Brodie too right?" Arisa asked.

Derrik didn't even hear what Arisa had said. He just simply continued.

"Well...the first time I saved him, he tried to drown himself. Of course I hated the fact that he thought suicide would be the only way. I saved him and we got into a little fist fight. And before I walked away.....I...kissed him." Derrik paused and just felt so lost, confused, and ashamed somehow.

"More and more I noticed that Brodie wasn't as harsh on me like he always was. Eventually I stopped talking to him. Then a while later, that's when Tala came back. He told me that his grandmother had died and he left the school so fast that he didn't have time to say goodbye or anything. I ran into him at the quidditch pitch. When I saw him...I felt so relieved. The one that I loved was back in school and I had nothing to worry about or so I thought." Derrik got up and stared out into the open. Still more tears fell as the story unraveled itself.

Well it seems were not so diffrent, hes going through the same thing I was Arisa thought, im so selfish to be thinking of that right now she added. Arisa sat there in silence waiting to see if Derrik would continue.

"After a while, I started to see less and less of Tala. He must of been getting into his studies or something. Then once again I ran into Brodie. It was not long ago. I ran into him at the North Tower. We started talking like we used to but Brodie was being a little soft. After some time he walked away and...fell down the stairs. Now I couldn't leave him there so I brought him to the wing myself. I carried him there and it wasn't the best thing but it was better than just leaving him alone. So when I bought him in....to my surprise...my mom is now working here as a nurse. Seeing her just made me go insane." Derrik started to pace himself. He walked back and forth. The autumn breeze was starting to come back again. Even the weather was trying to comfort Derrik.

"While I was there...I was thinking that things couldn't get any more worse than what they were and then bam! Tala walks in with his arm bleeding. My mom tended to him and he said that he had been looking for me for so long. I guess we just missed each other every time we looked for each other. Brodie was still on the hospital bed and I took Tala to another room while my mom went back to her office. My was I happy to have Tala in my arms once again." Derrik was smiling back at the memory. He wanted to with Tala right now if he could. Derrik sat back down next to Arisa after walking around enough.

"I had missed him so much...I kissed him. I guess I've always sorta felt that way for him since I saw him. But....when Brodie came into the picture, its been driving me insane because....I think I like Brodie too..." Derrik broke into a few tears. He couldn't help it anymore.

"Stay with Tala, it isn't fair to hurt him" Arisa replied after sitting there thinking for a bit, "do you remember how you felt when I broke up with you, do yuo really want Tala going through that.... Unless you really like Brodie, because you don't want to hurt yourself and Tala in the long run" she added having no idea how to help Derrik.

Derrik was a little bit lost.

"Arisa what can I do or at least don't you think that's what I want to do? I love Tala because of the way we are when we're with each other. He's so sweet and makes me feel better about everything. But when Brodie comes along and tries to make me feel bad I think its cute." Arisa was right. Did Derrik really want to hurt Tala? There was no way he could do that at all.

Arisa sighed, "I'm sorry I don't know how to help you, just go with your heart" Arisa replied looking down at her lap again. She folded her hands together and sat them in her lap.

Derrik hugged Arisa quickly hopefully not scaring her. He spoke between little sobs.

"I know I will....but what if something goes wrong?....What will I do?" Derrik didn't know or just wasn't sure what would happen from now on. All he wanted now was just to be comforted.

Arisa started running her fingers through Derriks hair hoping to comfort him, "If something goes wrong... well you deal with that when it comes up in the best way you know how, you'll get past this, I know you will, your strong" Arisa replied in a soft voice. She hated seeing the poor boy like this, she loved him like a brother, and it killed her watching him cry.

"I know I can....but what if...something just goes completely wrong?" Derrik let go of Arisa and stared in her eyes. Never before had he been this open with someone and Derrik knew that he could trust Arisa with this matter. Derrik was holding back the rest of his tears. Enough had been shed. He needed to show that he was not just emotional....that he too can be strong when things aren't right.

"Then you live with it and move on, thats what lives about, learning and making mistakes" Arisa replied gently. Seeing that Derrik had stopped crying she stopped running her fingers through his hair and gave him a small smile, "What ever you choose to do, be confident in it and I'm sure everything will be fine"

Derrik kept Arisa's word in heart and mind.

"Thanks Arisa....I knew you'd be able to help me..." Derrik said as he wiped his face clear of any water marks.

"And how about you make me feel really better...and take me to go get ice cream?" Derrik smirked a bit. Ice cream would really hit the spot right now after all this. It would remind him of his mom. They used to get ice cream whenever Derrik wasn't in a great mood. Ice cream always seems to work.

Arisa beamed when Derrik said she had helped him, "Sure lets go get some ice cream" she said standing up and smoothing out her dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back