The Dalmoir residence

Abathyn Dalmoir

Abathyn had had a long day, as usual. Looking after Jaimee, the incredibly needy 2 year old ("Look sweety, why don't you go play with your toys until I have breakfast sorted, okay? Please??") and helping her cousin Melodie to organise the 'perfect' wedding ("Do you want to hire this wedding singer then?!"), really got to Abathyn. It was a nightmare to be this busy. It wasn't like Abathyn wasn't used to it. Renovating the large cave wasn't easy, and she still had to finish Sia's room at some point. Still, at least all of the many security measures were working... as demonstrated by the dark detectors on the table. Abathyn; whilst holding Jaimee, commenting on Melodie's dress, and cooking dinner; heard the whistle and frowned. No-one ever came to this part of Fiordland. The cave was completely hidden in Doubtful Sound, buttt...

Abathyn put Jaimee in her playpen and drew her wand. Silently motioning for Melodie to stay where she was, Abathyn opened the Kauri front door and crept down to the mouth of the cave. Abathyn had the bonus of being completely hidden by a waterfall, but that didn't help. With a loud crack, she apparated down to ground-level, back to the cliff and eyes scanning the area, wand at the ready. Abathyn foolishly remembered that she still had a speech to write for the wedding, but brushed away the thought as she spotted a girl wandering through the Beech trees. "Who are you?" she asked cautiously.

"What do you think? Do you think it makes me look fat?" Melodie was questioning an extremely busy Abathyn. Standing on a stool in the kitchen, Melodie had on her wedding dress. Abathyn had pinned it and adjusted it to fit her swollen belly. She slowly turned around motioning Abathyn to critique it. But it seemed Abathyn was slightly pre occupied. She was holding a very tired and grumpy Jaimee over her, too, swollen belly whilst stirring a pot of porridge. "Abathyn? Hello?"

Melodie turned as she heard a pequliar noise from outside the cave. A whistle, or close to. She span around as one of the pins stuck into her. "Ouch!" she exclaimed. She looked at Abathyn to tend to her but she was moving towards the cave door, her wand ceased before her. Jaimee let out a scream as Melodie saw Abathyn motion for her not to make a move. As Abathyn moved closer to the door Jaimee cooed and began to shake her rattle.

"Abathyn? Is there somebody out there?" Melodie whispered, still poised on the stool.

Jaimee was BORED. Meldy and mummy spent all day looking at those picture books. Jaimee had looked in one, only to be told to "get your sticky fingers off of the magazine." Whatever that was. By the end of the day, Jaimee was getting tired, which didn't do much for her temperament. While Mummy was holding her, one of the toys on the shelf started to scream. Mummy put Jaimee down in the playpen, and Jaimee screamed as Mummy went down the hallway to the door. Jaimee sat down and started to play with the rattle, oblivious of what was happening outside. She then proceeded to eat one of the magazines that she had swiped off the table, wondering if Meldy would notice.

Melodie heard voices outside and figured it wss fine for her to get down from her perch. "Jaimee!" exclaimed Melodie running towards the toddler and swiping the magazine from between her sticky fingers. Melodie wondered what was going on out there. But she stayed put in the cave. It was probably high time she changed out of the dress. Afterall she didn't want something to happen to it. She ben t down and picked up a now screaming Jaimee and placed her on her bed while she got changed into her tracksuit pants and a sweatshirt. They sure were taking there time out out there, she thought.

As Melodie entered the main room of the cave Abathyn had not yet returned. Melodie sat Jaimee back down and went back to reading her all important magazine.

The smell of rancid was upon the girl, she seemed lost and forgotten as she stood looking at the woman. She felt a wave of fear shoot right through her because she didn't know what to trust or believe and had wonder how in the hell she ended up in this particular area. Her hair was curled but you could see the clumps of knots hidden between the dirty curls, and her breath as if it hadn't been brushed in weeks, it took all her energy not to puke. She knew she smelled and looked horrible, but at the moment she didn't care. Struggling to figure out her identity who and what?, was getting harder for the girl. She had no memory, no memory at all where she originated from. And if you ask her, what's her name she wouldn't even began to tell you. All she could remember was one name Marlana, and another name Bone, but no face came in mind, she looked as if a horrible natural disaster had just taken all that she ever had. But still with no memory, how can she claim what she once had if she couldn't claim the memory it belong to. Right now in her possession that she owned was a pair of pearl of earrings, a egg pendant and a ring of some kind, it felt loose around her bony fingers from the lack of nutrition. Oh and there was that part, she was showing off a small belly bump of about two months, without a clue of what her body was going through, as she stood there still looking at the woman horrified, fresh tears swelling down her filthy cheeks.

"I don't know....I..I..I..don't know..." she explain to the woman, resemblance of a lost puppy, desperately needing some sort of comfort. The girl looked back, and realize she had climb so far away, in the highest of the forest, she felt her heart thump realizing she could have gotten hurt or worst killed just climbing all that. But something must have lead her there, why else would she be here in the middle of nowhere, the girl mind race but her unspoken question came up blank, turning back around she look back at the woman. Clutching a teddy bear against her chest, she softly cry as the tears kept slipping down her dirty cheeks. "I don't know who I am... she sadly admitted, wishing for some sort of relief to come through.

Abathyn's wand was still upright, as the dirty, unkempt girl came closer. A small wave of pity swept through Abathyn as she saw the fresh tears. "Can- can you remember anything?" Abathyn asked hesitantly. "What's your name? She kept her wand up; she could always resort to a memory charm if the girl was a muggle. There was a hint of kindness about the young mother as she moved a little closer. It was then that Abathyn realized; the girl was in the same condition she and Melodie were, just not as far along.

The girl stopped, as the woman asked her for her name. The only ones she could think of were either Marlana or bones, so she resorted with one. "I can't remember anything..." she stop to think for a moment. "My name is Marlana...I don't know how I got here...I'm lost... she clutch onto the teddy bear tight, as if she was holding on for dear life. Anything could happen at the moment , but the only thing she felt was how upset her stomach was, and how she couldn't take the pain any longer. She gasp for a sharp breath of air, trying to ignore each pain that intercept from the lower part of her stomach. She couldn't remember the last time she felt like this, it was hopeless when your memory was wiped out clean.

Seeing the girl begin to gasp, Abathyn took control. "Okay, Marlana, read this then come with me." Abathyn handed Marlana a piece of paper with the details of the cave's location, then using sidealong apparation Abathyn took Marlana up into the cave. Just outside the door to the main room was a bathroom, and Abathyn stopped. "Are you feeling okay? You can... be sick in there if you must." Abathyn wasn't particually chuffed about letting a stranger know where the house was, and it showed on her face.

Meldodie heard faint footsteps and voices outside and wondered what was happening. Jaimee was happy in her playpen so she placed the magazine down on the coffee table and decided to go and see what was happening. Melodie knew Abathyn had told her to stay but she ventured out. As she stepped past Jaimee's toys she lost her footing and landed straight on her face next to the door.

She tried to pull herself up but it was no use. Being heavily pregnant didn't help either. Melodie clutched her belly and desperately looked around for her cousin. Jaimee sat in her playpen and cooed and her "Meldy" she said. But she was no help. "Abathyn!" called Melodie, "AbaTHYN!" she called louder. The voices seemed to get closer. She hoped Abathyn would help her soon.

Marlana stood uneasy after apparating like that, you would figure with magic she wouldn't know what it was, but somehow she knew. When the woman let her go, she seemed a little livid for helping Marlana. "Thank You." she ran into the bathroom and began to throw up any content left by the pit of her nearly emptied stomach. Her fragile body began to shake, as she desperately clutch the toliet seat tight, she didn't want the woman come running in because she was helpless. Marlana fell back against the plain walls of the bathroom, wiping away any content she had left near her mouth. What's wrong with me? She asked herself rubbing the small bump of her belly...what's inside of me? She continue to question herself over and over again. Even with a loud scream echoing across the hall, Marlana was to lost to focus to know what was going on. All she could hear now was her heavy breathing, her legs buckling as she held in the pain tight. Balling her fists tight, you could almost make out the skeleton trace around her hand.

Abathyn cringed at the sound of Marlana vomiting. "Okay, theres definately something wrong there." she frowned. Abathyn walked in and rubbed Marlana's back like she did for Jaimee when she got sick. "You're okay now. We'll get you cleaned up, shall we? Abathyn heard Melodie's scream in the hallway, and frowned again. This is sure as hell not a good day... she mentally sighed. "Melodie, I'll be there in a moment!" she yelled, hoping that everything was okay. "You... you come with me and we'll find you something to wear. And we'll sort Mel out. I'm Abathyn, by the way." she said this all in a big rush, as she tended to do whhen she was stressed.

Meldy took the picture book off of Jaimee, and Jay screamed abuse at her; "You big stinky sock! Stinky!!!" Jay found Dolly and threw it against the wall, angry that Meldy ruined her fun. After a few minutes of sulking, Jay heard a loud crash and turned to see Meldy on the floor. "Meldy? You asleeeeeeeeeeep?!?!" she screamed cheerfully and excitedly. She then heard Mummy talking to someone new out in the potty-room. "MUMMMMMMY!!!" Jay yelled, a great smile on her face.

Marlana felt the woman hand slide passed her back, feeling her gently pat Marlana, in a soothing comforting way. Marlana filthy hair cape down her face, almost to shield her from the woman, who finally introduced herself as Abathyn. "I don't know what's wrong with me. she clutch her fist tight even more, than let it release as the pain pass through. "This pain it hurts...," she slowly started to get up as a little child scream could be heard echoing across the dwelling. "Were is this place Abathyn?" Marlana asked clueless, even with the map of the dwelling she really couldn't tell which way was up or which way was down. She was as good as a newborn child, hopeless, but made it her goal to somehow figure it out soon. How she ended up here, and were do she go from there.

"You're okay now." Abby replied dismissively. She leaned on the wall and sighed. "It's... New Zealand. Down in the south... I don't know how you managed to find it. The Fidelus Charm, we're up high behind a waterfall, it's a completely isolated area. You're the first one to come across it. I guess now that you're here you have to stay. There's a spare room down the hall." Everything Abby said was slow and painful, and she was frowning deeply. She was absolutely exhausted from dealing with Mel and Jay, and suddenly just wanted to collapse into bed.

Melodie heaved herself up from the ground, Abathyn obviously wasn't going to come nad help her. She slowly approached the bathroom where the voices seemed to be emerging from. As she peeped through the door she saw something quite pequliar. There was a skinny girl in there with Abathyn. she had long black hair that was matted and tangled beyond brushing. Melodie's mouth stayed open in a rather awkward position until she managed to utter a few words. "Ab, mind telling me what's going on here?"

Melodie stepped back slowly and waited for Abathyn to fill her in on this waif she seemed to have taken in. The small girl seemed to be in a bit of pain and was throwing up, her arms around the toilet bowl, clinging for dear life. Melodie felt sorry for her, she wondered if she had a family, friends, a home? she stepped back a little further, giving the girl some time to finish.

[I'm standing next to Abathyn now -at Mel]

Marland looked over the woman, and felt herself feel pity, within minutes of just knowing her. "I'm sorry to be a burden but I thank you...". Marland gave her a weak smile than turn her direction, towards the other woman. Marlana kept quiet, for she was a stranger in some many sense, how was she ever going to figure out her identity. Marlana wrapped her skinny arms around her mid-section. The small bump that was growing, was conceal from the most part. Dropping her head down, Marlana knew she didn't look very presentable. Her smell was becoming unbearable, she darted back into the bathroom again. With her head heaved over, she continue vomiting from were she left at. This time she felt tears stinging down her cheeks, it was becoming worst by the minute. The pain in her stomach, but all Marlana wanted to do was finally shower, to get rid of the stench.

"Mel, I, um, this is Marlana?" Abby tried, not knowing how to explain the situation properly. She caught a whiff of Marlana and screwed up her nose. "Marlana, I know you aren't feeling so well, I'll run you a bath and find you some clothes. And then you can come and try to eat something. Okay?" Suddenly Marlana ran back to the toilet to continue chucking up. Ewww... that is gross. Abby thought.

((I have waaay overused the word okay xD :r ))

Melodie listened to Abathyn telling the story of how they seemed to have aquired Marlana. She almost didn't believe it. "Um can I help with anything?" Melodie asked, not sure what else to do. "I could loan you some of my clothes deary" Melodie said to Marlana as she threw up again. Melodie looked at the girl's tiny body, she was like a stick, but her stomach, that was another story, it seemed to have a small bump like her own, only slightly smaller. "Um Abathyn, can I see you in the kitchen for a moment?" She asked Ab.

The girl was obviously pregnant, and Abathyn needed to know, well she probably already knew, but they needed a serious talk. Melodie wlked towards the kitchen with Abathyn following her trail. "When you took in this girl Ab, did you know she was pregnant?" Mel exclaimed as they finally reached the kitchen. "Does she even know?" This was serious, that girl had obviously had something nasty done to her, compromising her memory. Poor thing.

Meldy left the room and Jay got angry. She hated to be away from the action, yet couldn't get out of the play-pen. "Maaauuuuummmmmmyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jay screeched, hoping to get noticed.

"Its okay Abathyn I think I can manage a little..." Marlana trailed off to say, looking up at the other woman name Mel. Marlana waited till they had left her alone, shutting the door behind her. At first she went took look herself in the mirror, man did she look bad. Her lips nearly cracked, her hair, god she needed a miracle at this point. Slowly Marlana started to undress herself from the disturbing rags, she called clothes. Marlana carefully looked at them, and noticed a few dry stains of blood, she hadn't noticed this before and was glad nobody had seen it. Whatever happen to Marlana must have been terrible, which was even more distraught that she had no memories of such events. Still looking at her reflection, Marlana traced a finger across her lips, had they ever kissed anyone she ever love? Or was it lust that had stains these lips? Who do they belong to? Or how many? What more can explain what was growing inside her? A terrible thought came in mind, as Marlana wrapped her skinny arms around her chest, maybe she was raped... She didn't want Abathyn or Mel to hear her cry, she didn't want to cry anymore, but the tears came anyways without Marlana being able to control them. Quickly she turn the faucet on, to drain out any sound she was making, than she made her way towards the shower. With a fragile hand she turn the shower on, steaming hot, until she was satisfied with the temperature. Stepping inside the shower head draining down her form, muffle the sounds of suppressing tears.

Abby rolled her eyes at Mel. Always a drama-queen. She followed Mel into the large, cavernous kitchen/living room and sighed at Melodie's questions. "Look, she's obviously a bit... unwell. We can't even be sure, right? And anyway, its MY house. Well, cave. I decide who stays here. I have a spare room, everything's all right. Okay?" Abby was getting sick of the wedding nonsense, and Mel was making this situation very dangerous. No-one knew the true story of what happened to her ex.

((who's ex?))

Melodie sighed. "I don't mind her staying here, I just think someone should tell her she's...well, pregnant." she said. Jaimee began to scream again as Mel was talking to Abby. "Well you'll have more room soon enough. I've decided to go stay with Izaak for a while, just until the twins are born" Mel explained. She really needed some peace and quiet for a while and she wasn't going to get it here, what with Jaimee and Marlana. Melodie made her way to her room and lay down on her bed. It was going to be a big day.

Once Marlana, had finished with her shower, which had lasted almost an hour. Marlana slipped out, her hair curly, wet, and now untangle. She looked and smell a lot better already, even if she was close to skins and bones. Grabbing the nearest towel, she wrapped it out once, her small little bump made it easy to hold it up around her plump cups, as she stepped out of the bathroom looking around. "Abathyn? Melodie?" she called out, wandering to get their attention. She knew she had been in the bathroom for to long. Maybe they had taken a nap or something...still Marlana walked the long corridor to search for anyone that could help her. She needed some clothes, and something her feet can warm up to. Than maybe something to eat, the pain of starvation was growing by the minute. She can't recall the last time she ate, who would figure with a memory had a lot to do with that situation.

Melodie heard Marlana calling and she replied from her bed "Come in sweetie and I'll find you some clothes" Melodie struggled up from the bed. It had been a long day and she had alot of things on her mind. She opened up her wardrobe as the frail girl stepped into her room. She was all skin and bones, she probably wanted something to cover that up. "What would you like?" she asked Marlana, trying to be friendly.

Marlana heard Meldoie shouts from a nearby room. Marlana stepped in her room looking about, as she clung onto the towel. "Anything is fine. Maybe something warm, its just I'm freezing." Marlana shivered as she stepped towards Meldoie, finally able to get a good look at her. She was very pretty, her hair was much thinner and tame able than Marlana. "Are you Abathyn sister or cousin?" Marlana asked, her arms still pressed across her chest, she was very cold. And felt like she maybe coming up with some sort of sickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back