The Cat is out of the Bag

Aphrodite Fox

OOC First Name
Zoe
Wand
12" Ebony Wand with Kelpie Hair core
Aphrodite jammed the key into the apartment door, and didn't even bother to take off her shoes. She sat down on one of the stools at the bar, and buried her face in her hands, as Yakov followed right behind her. "You know, all this time you've been off at school, probably having the time of your life, I've been here trying to figure out what I'm going to do because of our actions." She said in a calm voice, trying not to get herself hyped up, knowing it wouldn't be good for her to be stressed out. She swung around on the stool, so that she had her back to the bar, and she was facing the general area of her small flat.

Yakov hovered at the doorway for a moment before joining Aphrodite at the bar, perching on one of the stools beside her.
His heart sank. He knew it. He knew his luck. He knew she was.. That she was.. The word hovered before him, laughing in his face.
"You're.. You're not.." Yakov felt ill, too scared to ask but he had to know. Especially after the promise he had made to himself.
He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions but.. Are you.. pregnant?"
He pointed to her stomach but quickly pulled his hand back.
"I mean.. You don't.. You don't look it but I mean I've.. well.. I had a girlfriend before who was and the signs are the same but she.. she lost it."

Aphrodite couldn't help but to laugh at him as he figured out she was pregnant. She got up from the stool, and turned around to face him. "You know, I don't look it because I don't want people to know. Not yet, they don't need to." She said, then lifted up her shirt just a little, to show her belly that was bulging. She was five months pregnant, and pretty soon people would start to gossip. Putting her shirt back down, she went and sat on the couch, putting a pillow behind her back. It was aching, but she sucked it up. She had to, this baby wasn't going to slow her down. "Obviously I'm keeping the child. I want this baby to grow up normally. Now, do you want to have a part in your child's life?" She asked, resting her hands on her belly. In a way, she resented this child that was growing inside her, but in a way, she loved it endlessly and she knew no matter what she would be a better mother than her own had been.

Yakov knew this was the time for his decision.
She was pregnant with his child. He was a father.
And now he had two choices- Run as fast as he could, disaparate and never come back or stay and help.
His promise rung through his ears.
He knew what he had to do.
"I want to help," he said, feeling a little sick at the thought of the responsibility he was taking on but knowing deep down it was what he wanted. "I promise I will do everything I can."
Yakov joined her on the couch, placing an arm round her whether she wanted it or not, his other hand finding her stomach and resting on it.
He was going to be a daddy.

Aphrodite sighed with relief. She was sure he would take off and run away, and she would have probably killed him on the spot if he did. She calmed down, and for once she actually felt alright that she was going to have this baby. "I'm gald you decided to take responsibility. You know, the best thing you can do is finish school. You're going onto your final year next year?" She asked, quietly as Yakov gently put his hand on her covered stomach. "Our child deserves nothing but the best." She couldn't believe how much she was changing in the past few months, since finding out she was going to have this kid. The worst of it all, was that its' father was still a child himself, but she had gotten over that since he was very mature.

She leaned her head on his shoulder, and asked, "What are your parents names?" She hadn't quite thought of names yet, but knew she didn't want to name it after one of her parents. Now that the cat was out of the bag, she could finally just relax a little more, and the biggest stress with this baby would be just to pick a name. The rest of the problems of being a Death Eater, were just about to begin.

The tension seemed to vanish after Yakov agreed to stay. To help.
"My father is Kristo and my mother is Rosa." He replied. "But I would advise against those names.." Yakov had no real reason for saying this.. well, the fact that he hated his parents may have had something to do with it.
"They just.. aren't great names."
He hoped she would agree.
And then another thought struck Yakov. And he knew the answer.
"I'm going to move to New Zealand and get a job. I can't keep darting between countries. It's not right."
His family would know about the baby of course; the family tree would list the pregnancy.

Aphrodite smirked, she realised he probably had a dislike for his parents almost as much as she did for hers. "It's alright. I'm not too fond of those names." She said, seriously. "We can talk about that another time. I was curious, though." She then straightened her back, and turned her body so she would be facing Yakov. "Are you sure you want to do that? Finish this school year. I'm not due until September. We can have the summer together, then we'll figure out the rest once we get there." She said. She really didn't want to have the responsibility or be at fault for a kid dropping out of school. "I'm going to the doctor, and I'm going to find out the gender of the baby next week. Do you want to know?" She asked, taking out her wand from her jacket pocket, and silently summoning a glass of pumpkin juice, which poured itself, and floated onto the coaster on the table in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back