Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
I don’t know about you all, but the past two weeks have flown by for me. If you’re like me, maybe you’ve been a little too busy to notice all of the things happening on the board. If so, you’ve come to the right place. ;) Here’s the latest info on what’s been happening around the site. :)
Quidditch
Last week, the first two games using the new system took place! For those of you who don’t remember or weren’t around, HNZ quidditch has been revamped. Gryffindor defeated Hufflepuff by a landslide, 150 -0, and Slytherin dominated Ravenclaw, 170 -0. The next games ought to be interesting. :r
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff game
Slytherin vs Ravenclaw game
Jump into the conversation, and let us know what you thought of the new system (if you were on the team) or the game (if you were an observer).

Week 5!
Can you believe it? We are already in week 5. If you’re a student, get those lessons done (I’m looking at you, Gryffindors :glare: ). If you’re a professor, don’t forget to get your grades up to date.

Shopkeeper Applications
Two applications have been opened for the following shops:
The Muggle Market
The Second Hand Shop
If you feel like your character would be a good shopkeeper for one of these shops, feel free to apply.
Application area
Applications up and running!
Applications are up and running again! So, if you've been waiting to submit something, now you can! ^_^

Anyone who submitted an application should check their PMs for a response because you finally have one.
Nick and I want to thank you for your patience in waiting for those responses. :)

Halloween Theme
Have you spotted the changes? If you’re on the default theme, no doubt you’ve noticed that the quill has gone orange in honor of pumpkins and the ivy has undergone a transformation too! :o
If you’re on the classic theme, what the heck is wrong with you?! Get on the default theme already! :r :p
If you haven’t seen it yet, hurry up and check it out before it disappears!

Pumpkin Carving Contest
A couple of days ago, we had a flash contest! To get in the spirit of Halloween, we decided to have a carving contest of the pumpkin variety. It was lots of fun checking out the fun carvings that were created by you creative people.
Feel free to check out the contest to see all of the awesome jack-o-lanterns, and offer your congratulations to Annaleise, who won by a landslide. ^_^
For pumpkiny fun, click here!

Lyric Competition
MESSI also hosted a competition to create lyrics that represent HNZ. Patricia’s lyrics, which can be found here, won the competition, and she was awarded with a nice crown by her name. Thank you to those who participated in the contest and voting!
[ul][li]I wonder what a friend is like...
James makes his way down to the lake to remember his recently deceased sister. Tommy comes down to find some solitude alone and asks some probing questions. James realises that his sister is the only person he actually cared for, now he has no one apart from his mother.[/li][/ul]

Anyone with an open topic should take advantage of the plot highlight and send in their topic. If you've joined an open topic recently, you should send it in!

Open topics can be great fun, and we want to help yours get going. :)
[ul][li]Halloween Feast! :party:</LI>
[li]Ihiihi? :mortified:
<LI>[li]Awesome plots!
[/li][/ul]I think that about covers everything! If you have any questions, comments, or anything else to say...you know what to do. :p

~Cyndi
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Awesome stuff going on! Thanks Cyndi!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back