The Bennett Household

"What is it, Lucius?" Carlisle asked, his tone bored, as he had figured out who and what Lucius really was some time ago. He did not feel like being very polite after being lied to so much, and did not sit down, giving Lucius a skeptical expression.

"It's the girls!" Lucius exclaimed. "The other night there was a break-in at Hogwarts, and someone took your niece out of there by force!" His eyes feigned worry. "My granddaughter is gone, also, although I don't know how. I am very, very worried."

"WHAT?" Carlisle exclaimed, backing into the counter and jabbing his side with the sharp corner. "Why, what... Impossible.." He looked up angrily. "Where is she? I'm going to find her.." He was speaking without rationale, now all over the place and knocking things over.

"I have no idea, I'm not even sure what's happened myself," Lucius replied. "I just got the news today, and I felt that you needed to know, seeing that Estrella is your niece." He looked up, his expression grim. "I figure that England would be the place to start, however. And I happen to have a house there. Would you like to stay? I have more than enough room..."

"Wait-what?" Carlisle exclaimed, his mind in a swirl of confusion. He could tell that Lucius was not lying, and was very scared. "I have gotten no letter from anyone about this."

"That's because it happened so fast," Lucius assured him. "I for one, am going to go searching for my granddaughter. I have a feeling that your niece will be in the same location." He raised his eyebrow, wondering if the muggle man would take him up on his offer.

"Yes, yes of course," Carlisle stammered. If Estrella was in danger, by god he would be there to get her out of it, even if he was putting himself at risk with a so-called death eater.

He looked up at Lucius, his expression strained. "How exactly will we be traveling?"

"Do you have a fireplace?" Lucius inquired. "I have some floo powder." He looked to Carlisle as the man nodded. "If you are coming you had better pack your bags, Mr. Bennett. England is a long way from here."

Carlisle nodded, and said quickly, "Wait here." He left the kitchen to find Margaret, his wife, and he explained the situation to her.

"But where are you going to go? And when will you be back?" she asked quietly, her face frightful.

"I'm not sure, dear. But don't worry too much about me. I'll send you a letter if possible."

"And what shall I tell everyone else?"

"That I went to pick up Estrella from her school, since she decided that she was going to come home for the holidays."

Without another word he bounded up the stairs, and began to throw things halfhazardly into a small suitcase. Besides clothes and necessities, he packed the more modern book about Death Eaters and such, just in case he needed it, and on top of those, an unloaded pistol, with a pack of bullets to go with it. He shoved some money into the bullet case.

Carrying his suitcase downstairs he turned to Lucius. "There's a fireplace in my living room. Now what is this floo whatzit?"

Lucius pulled a pouch from his robes, revealing a fine powder. The fireplace was small but big enough to crouch into, and it would have to do. "I'm going to throw this into the fire," he instructed carefully, "And when the flames turn green, I want you to say clearly, 'Malfoy Manor' and step into the flames. It will not burn you." He smirked. "Just make sure to tuck your elbows in on the way."

"Holy jesus," Carlisle gasped under his breath, but after kissing Margaret and his sons goodbye, he did as he was told, holding his suitcase. He stepped towards the fire as Lucius threw the powder into the flames, and indeed, they turned a violent, electric green. "MALFOY MANOR!" he bellowed, and stepped into the fireplace, sure that he was going to be burned. But he wasn't however, and was whisked off to the said location.

After seeing that Carlisle had been transported, he nodded to the man's stunned wife and children and walked out the door, finding it much easier to just disapparate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back