The Beginning Of The End

Dante Vrael

OOC First Name
Sir Dylaaan!
Wand
12'' Elder Wood w/ Dragon Heartstring
Dante sat against a large, gnarled tree in the forbidden forest. He had been there most of the day, reading, writing a new song and then looking over his spell book. He had seen Anna almost every day that week, and had decided he needed a break. His mind wondered as he read through his spell book. The various days he had spent with Anna had seemed to go so fast that he couldnt believe that it was Saturday already. He sighed to himelf and glanced back down at the book. He had a dark secret, and one that he could never tell anyone, not even Anna. He thought he would have been able to opn up to her, or even Rue, but he hadnt been able to tell either of them. What was missing. When he was with both girls, he felt happy, but it felt somewhat wrong. How could that be? It felt like he had a hole in his chest, and he was desperately trying to find the key ingredient to fill it.

He shook his head softly. He couldnt stew on these thoughts. He looked down at the spell book again. Stupefy. He stood up, picking his wand up from where it sat on the ground. He walked a short distance away, and pointed his wand at the tree. "Stupefy!" he exclaimed, and watched as a burst of red light hit the tree. "Neat..." he said to himelf with a smile.

Alyss had been walking through the forest towards her clearing, just to sing and think when she noticed a first year boy there that faintly reminded her of Koboshi. 'How can another person have found her clearing?' She thought to herself angrily, when she was a first year and had discovered the clearing, it had lasted a whole year before being discovered by anyone else, and now it had been discovered by two or three people this very own year, all of them first years and of course Slytherins. She knew that Slytherins were cunning, but really? What were the odds of that?

She glared at the boy's back, leaning against a tree behind him. 'So,' She sneered, 'What are you doing in my clearing?' She emphasised the word my as she continued glaring at the boy, her arms folded against her chest. How dare he come to her clearing? And if he decided to fight about it, Alyss knew that she would most likely win because of her being older and so she knew more spells. She pulled her wand out from its wand holster in her sleeve, noticing the boy already held her hand. She was going to be ready if it came to a fight, and no first year was going to beat her. She wasn't co-leader of the Dark Mercenaries for nothing after all.

Dante whirled around, raising his wand at the new-comer. Whoever it was, they sounded angry, and his first instinct was defence, but when Dante saw that it was only a girl a year older than him, he grinned to himself. "Your clearing? I dont see your name on it!" he defended himself, and added "Im sure there are plenty of other clearings, but i was here first, and im practising, so you can either sit down or leave." He went to turned, but realised that he would be making a mistake by doing so. If it turned to a fight, having his back turned wouldnt help.

He observed the girl, and noticed she was a Slytherin. "Oh great, a Slytherin... This could turn into a war-zone." he said to himself, perhaps too loud. His past experiences with Slytherins had always turned chaotic.

Alyss rose an eyebrow at his statement. 'Actually that's not true.' She said, 'It does have my name on it, and the date that I discovered it.' She pointed at the tree behind him that had been there for goodness knows how long and if he had turned around to look at the tree, he would've seen her name carved into the tree near the top, underneath her name was carved Koboshi Aiko. Alyss' name had the year 2024 on it, while Koboshi's had 2025. 'I've been using this tree since last year,' She began when interrupted by Dante's musing about how since she was a Slytherin that it could turn to a war-zone and she rose an eyebrow curiously at that. The boy was a Slytherin. Interesting... Alyss could use this to her advantage perhaps.

She had noticed how the boy had relaxed when he sw that she was a girl and was a year older than him that he had relaxed, but she would prove him wrong, just like she had proved some of the others that she was ready to fight and prove herself worthy. 'Excuse me?' She asked instead, pretending that she didn't understand what he meant, being careful to keep those thoughts of her behind the innocent facade that she always wore. She smiled innocently at him, acting like a girl that couldn't fight for what was worth it, like most of the first year girls couldn't. She knew that her facade fooled most people, including teachers, and hopefully it would fool Dante too.

Dante saw through the facade. He noticed the change from being a typical Slytherin, cruel, snide and mean, to the 'Innocent' girl act she was trying to pull off. "Tell me, how many people have you fooled, hurt and killed with that whole 'Innocent' act?" he asked with a sneer, raising his wand again. "Im a Slytherin too, and after observing every other student in this forsaken house, i know damn well that you arent stupid. You know damn well what i mean." he said, aiming his wand at her chest. She may be trying to trick him, but he had been brought up better than to attack a girl. But he sure knew how to dish it after its been started.

Dante glanced around quickly, taking in his surroundings. There were two logs that could be used for cover, and i large boulder as well. "I dont want this to end up in a fight, but i promise you that if you attack, i wont hold back." he said to her, tensing himself for a side-ways dive.

Alyss pretended to count out loud, ending on ten before smirking slightly at Dante. 'Well, killed and severely hurt, none.' She pretended to think about it, 'And fooled, too many to count. Honestly, some Professors are so dumb! Just show them an innocent face and they believe you. Especially since who my father is.' She bit her lip slightly when she mentioned her father, and turned away from Dante to compose her face before glaring back at him as if it was his fault. When she turned back, she noticed the wand pointed directly at her chest. 'So really, you're going to attack a girl even when she hasn't attacked you first?' She sneered. 'How disgusting.'

She glanced around her, noticing her surroundings, she wasn't going to hide or run away as she wasn't a coward, but she wasn't a fool either like a Gryffindor. 'Who said anything about me attacking?' She asked, in response to him telling her that if it came to a fight he wouldn't hold back, but she wouldn't either. She did know more spells than him.

Dante grinned. She was good, he'd give her that. She had everything. The looks, the innocent face, everything to pull it off. But Dante was just a little smarter than that. "Well, i guess i should give you credit for not becoming a Death Eater yet. It suprises me that your soul is in one piece, but then, maybe you just havent the guts." he snarled, wondering if it was a good idea antagonising her. But he didnt care right now. "And id never attack a girl. Im just saying, you come at me, and prepare to hit the ground." he teased, putting on a deadly grin. "So why do it? Why be the stereotypical Slytherin?" he asked sarcastically.

Alyss glared at him. 'Is it really any of your business?' She snapped, how dare he ask that question to her about her being a stereotypical Slytherin? It wasn't his business what happened in her life, it didn't concern him. Her mind travelled back to what she had told Alex about her family life last night, but it wasn't his business, besides, no one knew what she told Alex because she was sure he would keep it a secret and anyway no one would believe him, the cold hard Slytherin living a facade? It was unbelievable, but it was true. A small smirk broke through her facade at the thought of that before being quickly covered again.

She stepped forward, her gaze hardening a bit and she hissed 'It's not about me not having the guts,' She sneered at him, 'I just thought I'd wait a bit until then. You know until I graduate school of course?' She smirked at him, hoping that she would be able to enjoy his surprised reaction, if he was surprised at that. She stepped forward again, her eyes still on the wand directed at her chest. 'How about I do this?' She whispered, and placing her wand back in her holster in her sleeve, where it was easy to grab if the boy did attack her. 'So are you going to put your wand away too and maybe we could have a civil chat as we are both Slytherins and we're supposed to represent house unity as the other houses are against us?' She asked, indicating the boy's Slytherin crest on his robes as she said that.

Dante snarled at her retort. He hated murders. He hated Death Eaters, and everything to do with them. It didnt surprise him in the slightest that she planned to kill. She didnt look the type, but the saying went to 'Never judge a book by its cover', and he wasnt about to go making assumptions that she wouldnt have a second wind and kill him now. "No, its not my business at all. If you want to be a heartless piece of scum, go ahead." he snarled back at her. He couldnt stand looking at her.

He raised an eyebrow and laughed at her when she asked to have a chat. He slid his wand up his sleeve, so it was easy to reach if she attacked chuckled. "I'll lower my wand, but i have nothing to say to scum like you." he spat at her. "Im nothing like the members of Slytherin," he spat the word like a curse, "And i'll have nothing to do with them. Death Eaters killed my parents, and one day ill avenge them by killing every last Death Eater there is, because murdering scum is what they are, what you will be." he finished, glaring at her.

Alyss' smirk grew larger at his reaction before she snarled at him. 'How dare you call me scum.' She hissed, venom filled with every word. 'You know nothing about me, you know nothing about what I've had to experience, you know nothing about what I will experience, and you know nothing about what I am experiencing now! Do you think I have a choice? Do you think any of us have a choice?' She yelled, her eyes dancing with fury, her hands clenching and unclenching as she paced up and down the clearing. 'None of us have a choice.' She whispered. 'You're right when you say you're not one of us, because you're like those bigoted fools out there that as soon as they find out we're Slytherins, they assume that we're evil, that we're the stereotypical Slytherins and it's no wonder that most of us turn evil because of people like you!' She exclaimed. 'Most of us have no choice.' She hissed, venom filled in every word that she spoke. 'Some of us were even threatened, and you have no idea what it's like so no, you're right, you're not one of us, we're not scum like bigoted fools like you want to believe.'

She narrowed her eyes at him. 'Have you ever heard of a facade because that's what most of us are forced to wear! Every single day of our life! But no, how can you understand, because you think that we're all scum! It's what to be expected, isn't it? We're Slytherins, so we're all scum... I can't believe you believe that! She trailed off, still glaring at the boy.

Dante glared back at her, laughing and shaking his hair in disbelief. "My father was a Slytherin!" he spat, loosing his cool. "I had never believed that all Slytherins are evil, just the ones that choose to be! My father had a choice. He married a Gryffindor, and yeah, he had problems with Death Eaters, but he fought, until the day he died, to have his freedom!" he yelled, a tear streaking his face. "So badly i wanted to be in Gryffindor, because of stories i had heard about Slytherin!" he said, venom streaking his voice. "And i was stuck in this wretched house... So i thought id try live by it. But every last one of you proved that the rumours about Slytherin are true! Your all cruel, sadistic, evil people." he hissed.

Dante wiped a hand across his face, as tears began streaking down his face as he remembered his parents. He had done so well to keep those emotions at bay until now. "And yet you stand there, claiming to have no choice. EVERYONE has a choice. You just have to have the balls to stand up to those who threaten you. I have, and i will, until the day i die, like my father did. And if there is ever anyone like me who wants to fight to, then ill gladly defend and die for them, because without 'bigoted' fools like me, there wouldnt be anyone left fighting for freedom in this damned world." he said, leaning against a tree in defeat. He couldnt take the arguing anymore.

(Didnt see that coming, did you?)

xTrue, but bet you didn't see this coming.x

Alyss shook her head in disbelief, how dare this first year, talk to her like this, when she was going to be a Zhefarovich soon. And now was the time for her to show the Zhefarovich power that they empowered her with, and will empower her. 'Oh really?' She sneered, her eyes piercingly gazing at him still. 'We're all cruel, sadistic, evil people? Well, I hate to break it to you sweetheart,' every word she spoke was filled with sarcasm, 'you're one of us, and you weren't good enough to be a Gryffindor, the sorting hat sorted you here, so you must be a cruel, sadistic, evil person as well.' She smirked at him as she folded her arms against her chest, sure that her words would hit home to him. If he wanted to be a Gryffindor so bad, it must be heartbreaking for him to be a snake. Not that she cared.

She smirked in satisfaction when she noticed tears stream down his face and he wipe it, before yelling at her that everyone had a choice. 'That may be so,' she stated simply, 'but my father was murdered because of a choice he made, and my mother wants nothing to do with me. I wish she was dead.' She hissed. 'But she's not, and now I must regret what my father did, and what she's doing to me for the rest of my life.' It was true, and then Alyss quickly shut her mouth, refusing to tell him anything else about her as he could use it against her.

She hastily responded to his next argument. 'What freedom? There is no freedom in this world. Everyone in this world is serving someone, and the sooner you get used to that the better.' She said honestly. 'And there's nothing you can do about it, no matter how hard you try.' She was slighlty unnerved by how much she was telling the truth, being used to tell half-truths and outright lies, but she supposed that it was all right as long as it made Dante realise that she was right.

Dante pushed himself off the tree effortlessly. He drew his wand and aimed it at Alyss. "I will NEVER be one of you." He yelled, hatred spilling from him. She had hit a nerve, and he was slowly losing his control. He hated being referred to as one of them. "No, your not worth my energy..." he said, putting away his wand. He couldnt slip. She was right, in a way. Dante had so much built up anger and hate that if it exploded.... He didnt wanna think of what he'd do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back