Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 and a half inches willow with unicorn hair
<Two Days after Sara and Kiefer meet in the café.>
Sara couldn't sleep. She'd tossed an turned all night. She'd even come home early, wanting to get some sleep, but no. Her apartment seemed so big. For seven years, she'd slept in a dorm with other girls, even when she'd been in the manor, she'd known he was safe, that there were other people around. Suddenly she was alone. It was about one o'clock in the morning, and she'd given up on any hope of resting. She rose from her bed, and walked into the kitchen. It was a lovely apartment, one of the luxuries of having a family with money, she supposed. She poured herself a glass of water, and pulled on her robe. The sky was dark, and stars were scattered around the sky. The moon gave some light, but it cast everything into a dark-bluish light. She thought back over the past month or so. There had been that party wit her family, and she'd had to dress nicely, and act politely. It had been infuriating, but she had to keep her family's name unsullied. That line of thought, immediately led to another. The boy. Kiefer. Admittedly, she had probably over-reacted a it when she woke up in a strange motel with him, but they'd met up again yesterday, wait, it was the day before yesterday. She'd forgotten that it was past midnight, soon it'd be morning. He'd been nice, a refreshing change from people contantly bugging her about her new way of life. Then again, he hadn't known her before.

She switched on the lights, and summoned a quill, ink and parchment. She'd write to him, it'd fill up some time, and she'd like to meet him again. He seemed cool.

Dear Kiefer,

It's Sara. I don't really know you very well, and Merlin knows why you decided to help me that night, but I'm very grateful. I probably looked like a complete idiot, but in my defence-I'd never drunk vodka before. Also, thanks for not telling your Dad, because my parents would go crazy if they knew about me drinking, or worse, if they knew what I was wearing!

I sort of feel like I should explain myself. I used to be a real "little miss perfect." Seriously, I was a prefect, Glee Club Captain, Quidditch Captain, a reporter for the school newspaper. I had a respectable boyfriend, and looked out for my siblings, basically the dream child, but now-things have changed a bit.
You see, I had this whole thing about wanting to be an auror, and I only got an A in Herbology in Sixth Year, so I couldn't keep it on for NEWTs. Yeah, and that's sort of where the whole short-skirts-low-cut-tops-pink-streaks-in-my-hair thing started. I'm just... having a bit of fun-you know? I mean, I'm young, and I've no idea what I'm doing, not exactly a sin.

So, yeah, that's kind of the situation. You seriously do not know how much you saved my @ss the other night, I'd probably have gone to bed with some stranger without even knowing what was going on. Though, I did wake up in a strange motel. The horror!

Thanks,

Sara.

The evening was a quiet one inside a certain hotel room. It was dark but not too much that one had the tendency to stumble over things that were messed up on the floor. Being in Soho was tiring, especially if one was a tourist that just wanted to explore the city's depths and secrets. Vague visions of people dancing in a club interrupted the silence of Kiefer's mind, making him bury his head in the pillow unconsciously. He did not know about dreaming but this, this was certainly the crowd he encountered a few days ago. It was more of a memory being replayed again and again. Kiefer turned to the other side of the bed, still deep in his slumber, and saw the scene change again. This time it was only darkness and it prevailed with a new ticking sound. The ticking sound was like of a wild clock's, except his digital clock did not tick. Kiefer suddenly woke up, irritated with whatever was causing the sound. He must have left the faucet on for the whole night. Well bummer, because he would have to call some of the hotel's maintenance group.

Glancing at the digital clock on top of the hotel dresser, it read 1:52 AM in glowing, red letters. What the hell? He must have really messed up the faucet in the bathroom. Groggily sitting up from his bed, he groaned out loud, "F*ck." No memory of leaving the faucet running last night entered his mind and it made him stand up to get his white bathrobe. It was soft against his bare back and it made him feel more alert somehow. The insistent tapping insisted on making itself be heard by the young blond man. He grunted and slowly made his eyes adjust to the darkness before him. For some reason, his eyes saw a dark shape hovering just before his window, its upper movements rapidly scary. Was this another illusion? Was he hallucinating? Kiefer did hope so and he was not so eager to discover if his eyes weren't deceiving him. "Why the hell is there something just before my window during two in the morning?!" He ran a hand through his hair and walked to the switch, before flicking it on and letting his grey eyes adjust to the bright light in the room.

As the light flooded in, the situation began to clarify itself to Kief. An owl was tapping on his window just like how a determined woodpecker would. Kiefer breathed a sigh of relief and approached his window, curious as to why an owl would visit him in the middle of his sleep - especially in a city like this! Soho was a good place for him and he did like the wonders it flaunted. He opened the window slowly and let the owl swoop inside and watched it as it landed itself on the medium sized desk. Kiefer saw the attached parchment and went to the desk, dragged the chair back and sat down. This was going to be an interesting letter for him.

Kiefer began to read the parchment and inhaled slowly when he read the name of the writer. Damn, this girl really had a lot to say. He remembered her from three days ago in that club where he even saved her from further embarrassment. Two days ago however, he saw her in a cafe unexpectedly. He thought she was the typical good girl when he first saw her from that party that happened who-knows-when but apparently, the surprises about her were endless. As he finished, he summoned a pen and got a clean sheet of muggle paper. He wrote down a response that he thought was appropriate and sent it off with the owl.

Sara Moon! Of course, how could I forget about you?

You should take it easy on the alcohol next time. No problem with the help, maybe I was really meant to be your savior that night. Hangovers are real nasty, especially if you had it hard the night before. Perhaps yours was of something like that? Don't tell me. I saw it on your face the morning you woke up in the motel. I've had some hangovers myself too and it wasn't exactly better than yours.

That's a long explanation. Never in my whole life did I become a person like you nor was I really desperate to make myself belong in that type of crowd. I was just me and well, being me doesn't make any wonders at all. I am known as the troublemaker, the risk-taker and some more titles I could not recall. Just like what I told you in the cafe, I'm a party person but I'm not an animal for those events.

Having fun? Well you're learning how to have fun the hard and wild way. I wouldn't call it a sin myself so yes, I sort of agree with you. In my own ways, I have my fun. My fun can sometimes get outrageous though, but hell, who cares? It's fun.

You're welcome by the way. So you're the Ms Perfect turned Ms Outrageously Adventurous eh? Odd but well, welcome to my sort-of-world.

- Kiefer Harris

P.S. Well, your owl woke me up. It was determined to get me irritated at its noise. For that, congratulations for a loyal owl.
<i></i>

Sara spent the remainder of the night listening to music. She was going to go flying tomorrow. She loved flying. Life seemed so much simpler in the air. She lay back on the couch, her feet raised above her head. She stretched upward, trying in vain to touch her toes, but she was too short, and collapsed back with a defeated sigh. It was odd, her Father was tall, and her Mother wasn't particularly short. Yet here she stood, well, sat, at 5'1". It was hardly fair, but she was used to it by now. Being short had never set her back, and, to be honest-she used it to her advantage. She missed her regular exercise with the Quidditch Team. She'd need to do something about it. Perhaps she could take up swimming again, or maybe cycling. She was considering applying to be an auror. She knew she wouldn't get it. She just felt as though she needed to close that door completely, before she could look for another one.

With the dawn came birdsong, and Sara made herself a cappuccino. Her robe had come loose as she lay on the couch, and her hair was all over the place. She could see her reflection in the window, the pink streaks in her hair had become tangled, so she pulled her wand out, and summoned a hairbrush. Her hair was straightened, so she could brush it without it becoming frizzy. She was extremely tired, but the caffeine would kick in over the next few hours, and she'd be fine. with her hands wrapped around the cup, she returned to the couch.She wasn't in the humour for reading, so she flicked on the television, one of the muggle inventions that she had missed in Hogwarts. There was nothing very interesting on, but it was a way to pass the time. She was starting to drift into sleep, when the familiar tapping of Shade's talons against the window disturbed her. She quickly let him in, letting him nibble her finger, and perch on the kitchen sink, with the tap dripping. He liked catching the droplets.

She laughed aloud at the letter. This guy was cool, she'd never really known many people who could just relax like him. Her family had always been quite highly-strung. Ryan had always been the most laid-back. She knew she was bad. She found it hard to let big things go. She felt as though she was under extreme pressure to do well. At least now, living alone, she was able to do what she wanted, when she wanted. It felt great. She missed Hogwarts, of course, but the last year had helped her get used to the idea of leaving. She picked up her quill once more, and began to write. She loved how her writing looked when she used a quill. It forced her to take her time, and so it wasn't the terrible scrawl she usually used with a pen. It took her a few moments to decide what to write, it had been a while since she'd written letters. Perhaps as far back as Michael. She hadn't written to her parents much in Seventh Year, partially, because she was so busy, but also because she didn't know what to say to them anymore.

Kiefer,

My first hangover. I won't be drinking that much again any time soon. I didn't realise how much I'd had. A lot of it was cocktails, they didn't even taste like alcohol! I know better than to go drinking on my own again. I'm new to this whole "being an adult" thing. I don't think I was built for a responsible life.

Yeah, It is a bit odd, but I like not having to do what's expected of me all the time. Honestly, I've been wound up like clockwork for the past six years, I'm finally getting a bit of freedom now, and I'm wont to let it go. I suppose, I will eventually have to calm down a bit, but for the moment, I'm glad to just have some time on my own. Family can be sort of suffocating at times. Do you have any siblings?

Exactly! That's the point. I'm hoping to travel a bit over the next few months, perhaps see America. I can apparate, so it won't be too hard. My twin is probably going to end up working in the muggle world, but I don't think I could go back to being a muggle, not after discovering magic.
Also, I've had Shade for years. He's like a sort of evil minion at this point. Mwahahahaha!

~Sara Moon

The young man immediately yawned when he saw the owl's wings flutter to deliver the letter. With that, he decided to resume his peaceful doze after he sent the letter off with that hell of an owl. He was glad that he expressed his irritation regarding her "pet." He was never quite the animal lover even if his dad used to walk him in pet stores located in the muggle world. Kiefer drifted off to sleep with that last thought, allowing the darkness to still his mind and let his breathing equalize. He was asleep once again and he vaguely dreamed of motels and owls.

The digital clock read 7:13 AM as Kiefer readied himself for the day. He was in his bathrobe as he brushed his teeth. The menthol in his mouth still lingered as he finished brushing and put the toothbrush somewhere near the sink. Perhaps he should do something before he went down for breakfast. The view outside his window was not so bad and maybe just looking at the things going on in the city would entertain him. Kiefer ran a hand through his tousled blond locks and made his way to the window. Firstly he noticed the nice, soft light that was streaming in. Then secondly, he saw something that seemed to be flying towards him. He cocked his head in question and saw that it was an owl. Kiefer chuckled, amused that Sara still replied to his letter even if it was so early in the morning. He let the owl in indecisively this time, and it swooped in, landing on the desk. Kiefer let his nimble fingers take the attached letter from the owl and he read it. The girl still had a lot to say and he sat down to write a reply on some paper with a pen.

I suppose now is the right time to say good morning? Good morning, Sara Moon!

Ah, alcohol makes you do those silly things. And you do not think that you were built for the responsible life? The life wherein you become the most organized person in the universe who can handle every single thing? I say being so responsible is amazingly boring. I know some people who have the perfect morals and never wants to give the bar a visit. Perhaps I'm twisted, but I think that they don't give themselves the freedom of "leisure." No offence to those people. Honestly, where's the thrill, yeah?

Travelling does not sound bad. I plan to do that too, perhaps soon, once I've thought of what to do with my life. I agree that family can be quite suffocating when they plan too. My dad, which you've met, never fails to ask me what I would do with my life. See, I'm only nearing nineteen and I feel that he already wants grandchildren. Perhaps I'm exaggerating however, I don't care. And regarding siblings, indeed, I have a sibling and he is younger than me. He's more careful than I am and well - "the perfect son." I'm not jealous though, really. Don't tease.

"Shade" is your owl's name? That's sort of dark. It's a good thing I don't exactly have owl treats here. I bet he would start biting me if I did, demanding me to give him one.

- KH

Sara received Kiefer's letter quite early and read it while eating some soup. Shade was hooting at her from the living room, in his cage. "Hey Sweetie." she smiled, as she finished, walking over and petting his feathers, as he nibbled affectionately on her finger. She adored her owl, and in all honesty didn't know what she'd do without him in this big, empty apartment. She was going to the gym, and would answer Kiefer's letter when she returned, she needed a good workout, and she was planning on heading out again tonight, though not on getting as plastered as she had been the night she met Kiefer.

When she came back, she was feeling much better. It had been good for her to put her mind off the things that were running through her head constantly. Just concentrating on what she was doing. That felt great. She fed Shade, sat at her kitchen table and began to write; "Be nice to him Shade, he seems cool. No more interrupting people who are sleeping." she smiled, ignoring how strange it was to talk to her owl. When she was tying the letter, she stroked Shade's head; "It was my own fault though, I shouldn't have sent a letter so early in the morning. Silly Sara." she let Shade out the window, and decided to cook herself some dinner.

Letter said:
Hola Kiefer!

You're right, which I feel I will have to get used to if I continue knowing you. Still, that's a very good thing. Though, being responsible can come in useful. My sister, for example, wonderful guy, whom she is going to travel the word with, and a clear enough idea of her future. Yes, you are twisted, but not being twisted seems a bit too easy.

Not jealous? Well, I can understand that. I do love my family, but I wouldn't want to be them. My Dad would be the opposite! I think he's hoping I won't be married until I'm forty, and still, by some miracle have children. I suppose it's a bit different with a girl though He just wants me to stay a kid forever. (I would not have a problem with that. Being a kid is fun!) I do want to get married, and have kids eventually, but getting married for the sake of it is silly. You need to love them, you need to know that you are simply content, and happy with them comfortable. Well, that sounds boring; obviously it has to be a bit exciting too!

Yes, I named him when I was about twelve. A family friend gave him to me, being muggle born, I didn't really understand owl post at first but I like it now. I've grown to prefer a lot of things in the wizarding world. Such as quills. I love quills!

~Sara

P.S. I'm thinking of applying to be an auror. I'm pretty sure I won't get it, but I might. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back