The Art of Causing Trouble

"Of course."
Esmerelda was thrilled to be selected for the task, if a little insulted that their leader had had to check. She was glad to finally have a chance to prove herself, nervous excitement flooding through her body. Perhaps she was overreacting. She didn't care. The whole atmosphere of this place was making her anxious; the heat, the cloaked figures scattered around this dingy theatre.

Julian nodded to the woman, grazing through the remaining volunteers. "Finch and Snow- pardon me, the younger Snow- the two of you will accompany Lazuli in this task," he informed them. "Keep your eyes on her back and your wands on those around her. You are crucial to the success of this mission."

"As for the rest of you, thank you for your contributions today. You are free to leave." Julian rose from the stool and addressed the three he had selected for the job once more. "Lazuli, Finch, and Snow- I will be in contact with you shortly. Au revoir."

The candles would die and disappear momentarily. It was lights out for Act I of the show; Act II was just beginning. The hooded man turned heel to the back of the stage, devoured by moth-eaten curtains.

Upon hearing that the woman had been chosen over all of them, Ioan was ready for the meeting to end. He did not know her so he had no idea what made her worthy, but it was obvious that their leader knew something about her that made him sure she would be successful in the task. He wiped the sweat off the back of his neck once more, and looked up sharply when he heard his name.

As he listened, his usual smirk crossed his face. He was glad to see that he would play a role in this after all. Glancing to the Snow that had also been named, Ioan nodded his head quickly acknowledging the other man and accepting the task. As the meeting was ended, Ioan listened to the final instructions, nodding once more to show he'd understood, before he stood up. Ioan glanced once more at the death eaters named Lazuli and Snow, who he had not interacted with before but who he was about to know before very long. He would have a lot to tell his wife tonight.

Esmerelda nodded demurely to those named to help her in the task. She was unsure about whether to speak to them or not, so remained silent. Other Death Eaters gradually trickled out, but Esmerelda lingered, deep in thought. She was honoured and glad to have this opportunity, though not entirely sure herself why she was deemed worthy. It was someone else she was concerned about. Her daughter. How on Earth am I going to break this to Lapis? The girl and her opposition to the Dark Side seemed to be nothing but trouble, but Esmerelda was determined to overcome it this time. Determined to finally fulfil her aims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back