OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Eucalyptus Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Mermaid Scale:
Ren felt like an absolute idiot. He really did. He had wanted to be more a part of Sam's life, and he knew he hadn't really been doing his best before. His sisters had always called him lazy, but he hadn't been able to help it. Naps were just so... good, and comfortable, and he liked to laze around and sleep. He had tried though, he really did, he had thought maybe if he could show Sam that he did care, that he did want to do more, that maybe he might be able to work up the courage to ask her out.

And Sydney... he had liked Sydney. She was a little rough around the edges, sure, but she was intelligent, and he had thought that maybe she was more like Rose, who was soft underneath all of her bluster. He leaned against the wall across from the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room, sighing and running his hands through his hair. His heart hurt, and he hated that he could feel the tears in his eyes. God, he was so stupid.

Samantha was confused and overwhelmed with what had happened in the library. She felt betrayed too. Sam had trusted Sydney and the fact she called Sydney her friend and she did this. It had hurt Samantha too much. She had made her way to her dorm, light droplets of tears had run down her face as she made her way. Samantha needed to clear her head and think. Just as she made her way to the entrance of her house common room, she had noticed Ren was waiting out at the door. She stood a few feet away from him. She wiped her face quickly, hoping that tears hadn't shown. "Uh.. hey, Ren," Samantha says, as she cleared her throat and stood awkwardly. "Look, I-I really didn't know. I'm sorry" Samantha says genuinely, with a slight sniffle and stutter. Samantha knew that the sorry probably wasn't enough.

Ren shot up straight when he heard her voice, turning his head and wiping his sleeve over his eyes. "I- I'm sorry, I was looking for my older sister," He explained quickly, too embarrassed to look at Sam. "You- you have nothing to be sorry for," He added, leaning against the wall again and wrapping his arms around himself. "I- I'm just... I'm a fool, all I do is mess up and make things worse, I'm so sorry Sam," He bit his lip, gripping his shirt tightly and letting his hair cover his eyes. "You deserve better," He added softly, hating himself for being so stupid, so soft, so weak.

Samantha nodded her head when Ren had mentioned he was waiting for his sister. She sighed lightly. "You don't need to be sorry, either, okay?" Sam said with a tiny smile. She knew it wasn't Ren's fault. Samantha looked down at the jewellery box he had given her earlier, before looking up at him. "I promise you didn't mess up anything," Samantha said while trying to reassure him. Samantha sighed a little at what he said about himself - about how she deserved better. "Don't do that to yourself. Again, you did absolutely nothing wrong" Samantha says while shaking her head. She looked down at the jewellery box again. "Did you carve the flowers on the box?" Samantha says quietly, as she lightly touches the carved flowers.

Ren bit his lip, his emotions all over the place. "Um, no, but I- I did design it, my dad knows a guy that does wood carving so he was able to do it for me," He didn't admit it had cost him about two months worth of his allowance, but he had thought it was worth it. He pushed himself up off the wall and stepped a little closer to Sam, reaching out to brush her hair back. "Sam, I... I know this whole thing got a little skewed... Are you okay?" He asked softly, concern clear in his voice as he cupped her face in his hand, running his thumb gently over her cheek.

Samantha nodded as he explained how he didn't carve the flowers on the box. She thought that the box was beautiful. She gasped a little when Ren had cupped her face, as she wasn't really expecting it. Samantha had blushed a little. "Yeah, it is isn't?" Samantha says with a small laugh. "Yeah... I think so" Samantha says with a small smile, still a little unsure.

Ren sighed softly, moving his hand so he could lay his head on Sam's shoulder. "Sam, I... I really didn't mean for any of this. I know... I know that I need to do better. I lay around and work on my art and nap a lot, and I can't seem to help it, I'm a pillow forts and hammock in the sun kind of guy, I'm not really all that active. I never have been. But I..." He sighed, pulling back and rubbing the back of his neck.

"I want to be there for you. I want to be that guy you turn to if things aren't okay, and also the guy to celebrate and support your successes. I... I've wanted to ask you out for the longest time, but I'm afraid too, I know you deserve someone better than me,"

Samantha sighs slowly as she listens to Ren as he explains himself and all. "I honestly don't care if you're active or not. I'm not active myself" Samantha says with a small laugh and smile. Samantha shakes her head with a small smile. She wasn't as active or sporty like her younger brother was. She blushes a little when he admits that he had been wanting to ask her out for a while. "What's stopping you?" Samantha says curiously.

Ren smiled a little, glad to hear Sam laugh. He bit his lip as she asked why he hadn't asked her out, shifting on his feet a bit. "I... I'm worried you'll say no. And then I'll have to respect that you don't want to be more than friends and I'll have to get past my feelings for you." He admitted shyly, sticking his hands in his pockets. He looked down, letting his hair fall to cover his eyes a bit.

Samantha shakes her head a little with a small laugh. "Well... why would you think i would say no?" Sam says with a small laugh and a shake of her head, with a small blush. She wasn't totally sure about the whole going out thing, as the thought of it had made her slightly nervous.

Ren looked up, slightly nervous of the way Sam was reacting. "Merlin, you are so adorable," He breathed. Unsure, he stepped closer, running his fingers lightly down her jaw. He bit his lip, his eyes searching hers. "Would you say no?" He returned softly. "If I really was your boyfriend... I could lay my head in your lap and tell you about my days, my family, I could cuddle you on the couches and rub your back gently as you told me about your days, I could play with your hair and help you relax when you've spent all day studying. I could get your favorite treats from my sister and make sure to always be there for you," He smiled softly, before swallowing nervously. "I mean, if you wanted to be my girlfriend, anyways," He added gently.

Samantha blushes as Ren describes to her the scenarios of what he would do if they were together. The thought of these scenarios had Samantha blush slightly more and made her feel bubbly inside. "I would like that" Samantha said quietly with a small smile and a nod, as she agreed to be his girlfriend.

Ren was quiet a moment, surprised and a little shocked she had agreed. His heart was beating double time in his chest. Swallowing nervously, he stepped forward and lowered his head, pressing a soft kiss to Sam's lips before gently pulling her against his chest. He held her close for a few moments, trying to quiet the thrumming of his heart. "Do you wanna go cuddle in the student lounge for a bit?" He asked quietly, unable to keep from smiling.

Samantha blushes a little as she was caught by surprise by Ren kissing her on the lips. She is then pulled into his chest and nods a little when he asks if they wanted to go into the student lounge to cuddle. "I would like that a lot," Samantha says quietly with a little blush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back