Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
The excitement Mervyn had nurtured last night had quickly worn off once he'd actually begun delivering roses. He'd completely forgotten how difficult it was to find people in the enormous castle, and how exhausted he would feel by the end of it. His next rose, another yellow one, was for one of his classmates. He wandered around the school for a good twenty minutes, checking all the places he thought he might find find her, before all of a sudden he bumped into her in the entrance hall. "Fleur!" he yelled, in case he lost her in the crowd. He weaved his way over to see her, waving the rose in the air. "I been lookin' all over for you. This rose 'as got your name on it. Wanna 'ear the note, 'n' all?"

Fleur had sent out a couple of roses to new friends, but she didn't really see the point in sending any to the girls in her dormitory. Charlie, Frankie and Lenore all knew she liked them, and it would just add to the already huge pile the delivery people had to get through. Fleur was on her way outside for a quick breath of fresh air, when she heard someone call her name. Fleur turned around and frowned slightly as she saw Mervyn Strangewayes approach. He was a classmate, but not one she talked to much. Then she spotted the rose, and it all made a lot more sense. "Hey Mervyn. My bad, I didn't mean to be hard to find." She said with an easy smile. That smile faded a bit as he asked her if she wanted to hear the note. Putting one hand on her hip, she held the other one out to him. "Last I checked my I could still read, I'll read it myself. Thanks."

Mervyn pouted, but handed the note over. Fleur was nice, and didn't deserve him trying to wind her up. Besides, he'd already read it, and it wouldn't have been that interesting spoken aloud. "It's from Mazikeen," he said, as if Fleur couldn't see that for herself. "But I did the 'ard work. She only 'ad to write it - she didn't 'ave to find you. So I guess you could sort of say it's from as well. Always up for an adventure 'n' all, I am."
Note said:
Boo! Found you!
Can't wait for more adventures and games with you.
Thanks, Mazikeen

Fleur narrowed her eyes slightly at the boy when he told her who it was from. "You know, some people might not like that you're snooping in their notes. You could at least be subtle." She said with a slight shrug. Fleur wasn't expecting anything romantic with her notes, which meant she didn't think it was too much of a problem that Mervyn had seen who it was from, but not everyone would feel that way. "And admitting to snooping is not the way to be invited along to adventures." She added as she unfolded the note. She smiled as she read it, excited to go into the forest with Mazikeen. She looked up at Mervyn. "Were you trying to get yourself invited?"

"Me?" Mervyn asked. "Subtle's me middle name. Well... one of 'em." He watched Fleur read the note, an innocent smile fixed to his face that faltered as she accused him of snooping. "Now that is a serious accusation to make," he said. "Maybe I ain't snooped - maybe I'm just one of them psychics." Shrugging, Mervyn folded his arms. "I 'ave plenty of me own adventures. Don't bover me if I ain't invited to yours."

Fleur smiled when Mervyn said subtle was one of his middle names. She didn't know the boy that well, but she knew enough about him to know that wasn't accurate. "Really? What are the other ones?" She asked, curious what he would come up with. The girl snorted when Mervyn said he might be psychic, tucking some hair behind her ear. "Right, then what am I thinking right now?" She asked him with a smile. He seemed like the type to come up with some creative and funny answer, even if it would likely be inaccurate. "Alright, if you're so busy with your own adventures, I won't ask Mazikeen if you can come along." She said casually, though she had the idea he would rather like to come. She wanted him to say so, if he did. It wouldn't be bad to add a third person to their trip into the forest, it was supposed to be dangerous after all.

Mervyn counted the names off on his fingers. "Spectacular, 'Andsome, Charmin', Intelligent, Clever, Mysterious, Selfless, Heroic... 'n' 'Umble," he said, satisfied that he'd covered just about all of his good qualities. Fleur seemed determined to catch him out, but Mervyn kept cool as he responded to her next question. "You're finkin', 'Wow, 'ow can I 'ave not noticed Mervyn before? 'E ain't nuffin' as bad as wot people says. 'E's just misunderstood. Actually, he'd be a well good laugh to 'ave on my adventures; I 'ope 'e still wants to come when I ask 'im 'n' 'e didn't change 'is mind cos I didn't believe 'im when 'e said 'e were psychic.'" He shrugged. "Maybe I don't wanna come no more. I should take offence to your septic-sism. 'Ow about you ask me 'n' find out if I'll say yes?"

Fleur laughed at the many names the boy mentioned. He was many things, but definitely not humble. She thought it was hilarious, though, and didn't mind his bragging because it was certainly amusing. "I see, your parents must have been very hopeful for your future when naming you." She said with a slight tilt of her head. When he mentioned what she was 'thinking', Fleur decided to play along. She let her eyes widen and took a step back, a hand flying to her mouth. "Oh wow. How did you know?" She asked in awe. "That's exactly what I was thinking, to the letter. That's amazing." She cracked a smile. "I would ask you, but maybe I'm scared you'll keep reading my mind." She was already planning to ask Mazikeen if she minded a third person joining their trip into the forest, but she was enjoying joking around too much to tell him so yet. "What if you'll tell everyone my secrets?"

"They 'ad faith, Fleur - they 'ad faith," Mervyn said. He grinned as she went along with his mind-reading trick, and couldn't even be annoyed when she continued to make it difficult for him to join her and Mazikeen on their adventures. "A gentleman would never do that," he assured her. "Anyway, if you ain't done nuffink bad, you won't 'ave anyfin' to worry about will you? Or is you 'idin' somefink you don't want no-one to know?"

Fleur laughed at Mervyn's first comment, amused by his wit. She had known he liked to joke around, but she hadn't expected him to be so fun to talk to. She scratched her chin, as if considering something important. "Well... if I did have any big secrets, you wouldn't find out because you're a gentleman and would never do that...." She said slowly, before dropping the act and looking at him with a grin. "I'll stop messing around. Of course I'll ask Maze if you can come, but before I do I have to warn you it might not be entirely within the rules. I hope gentlemen don't snitch to professors either?" She asked, though she was pretty sure Mervyn wouldn't tell on them. If she hadn't been, she wouldn't have said this much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back