Open That's Just Life

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
It had been a couple of days since Samantha had a falling out with Sydney, and she felt... sad. Yeah, let's just say that she was sad... Okay, she was also a little moody. Sam hadn't had the experience of losing a friend over a stupid fight, but she guesses that it was just life and that life was telling her to move on, but she was just sad. She slowly made her way to The Student Lounge, hoping somehow it would help her forget about it. Samantha had hoped that studying would help her forget it, but she had been reading the same sentence in her textbook for the last twenty minutes. Samantha sighs as she just gives up, she needed a break. Samantha places her textbooks on the floor before standing up from the sofa, going to the side of it and did a stage dive-like fall onto the couch, her face, faceplanting onto a pillow that was placed on the couch. Which followed with her saying "Ow... why is life cruel", which actually sounded more like muffled nonsense as she face was deep in the pillow.

Hattie had quite a busy day that day. Having just freshened up from Quidditch practice, the Ravenclaw made her way back down the castle to try and find something to do to fill the rest of her day. However, she was tired, and when she came across the student lounge, she was quick to open the door and find somewhere to rest for a bit. Maybe just a small nap. But when she entered the room the sight of someone shoving their face into a pillow distracted her. She couldn't quite tell who the girl was until she came closer, and when she did she instantly recognised her from her classes and from Heta Omega. It was one of the Hufflepuff prefects. "Hey, hey, what's up?" Hattie said, feeling as though it was her duty now to make people feel better, especially after seeing Minnie upset almost everyday since the semester started. The Ravenclaw sat on the couch next to her, sighing a little as it took some pressure off her tired feet. She was ready to listen to the girl if the girl was willing to talk. After all, the couch was comfortable.

Samantha looked up from her pillow to see a familiar face a girl from her classes and from the Heta Omega club. She sat up, moving her hair away from her face, as her hair had suddenly gone all over her hair in the process of her face planting onto the pillow. "Why does life suck? You'd probably think it's stupid if I told you anyways" Samantha says with a shrug, as she wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to open up to someone she didn't really know. "You're in my year, right? Fifth Year? Your name's... Hattie, right?" Samantha says with a small smile trying to get herself acquainted with the girl, as she tries to remember the name of the girl, from like a memory of some kind.

Hattie never really had much go on in her life for her to say that it truly sucked, and so she had to admit that she couldn't at all relate to this girl, but she wanted to make her feel better. "I don't think I would think it's stupid." Hattie told her, not really caring whether or not she told her anyway. Hattie was happy to just sit there and try to get the girl's mind off whatever the problem was if she wasn't willing to talk. "Yes, my name is Hattie. And yours is Samantha." she said matter-of-factly, giving her a smile. Hattie knew she didn't interact much with people outside of her house, and so it was no surprise to her that the girl was unsure about her name, and she didn't mind either. "Congratulations on prefect."

Samantha was silent for a little bit, thinking if she should even spill about what made her sad in the first place. Especially to someone she really on just met. Maybe she could say it a little later into the conversation. She wasn't sure. "It's nice to officially meet you, Hattie. And that is me" Samantha says with a little giggle as she waves slightly to the Ravenclaw. "Oh, thanks! Still, something I wasn't expecting to be honest" Samantha says with a shrug. She wondered why she had gotten the position of becoming Prefect. She did try her best last year with schoolwork to be one, but it was still weird to her that she was one. "So... Get up to anything fun during the break?"

Hattie's first impression of the Hufflepuff was that she was rather social, happy to speak to anyone that spoke to her. Hattie smiled at this. "It's nice to meet you too!" she exclaimed. It was no surprise to Hattie that she was surprised about receiving the prefect position. It always seemed like those who really deserved the position were very modest and everyone else Hattie had spoken to were also surprised. Maybe her expecting it was why she hadn't received it, and the same thing could also apply to Minnie. "No, I didn't get up to much at all. Just practiced some quidditch in hopes that I can get better. What about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back