Testing out her new broom.

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri walked out onto the quiditch pitch her firebolt clutched in her hands. She needed some fresh air and time alone to sort her head out. She mounted it and kicked off. she began to fly and felt the difference immedietly, the broom flew smoothly and quickly, she felt like her and the broom were one as she soared higher and higher building up speed. She did a lap of the pitch at the speed of light, soaring higher then diving down. She did a quick sommersault in the air and it went without hitch. She did a few more laps increasing and decreasing in speed, diving and gaining height and even practised her landing. She kicked off once more and just flew up staying the middle quadrants of the pitch. It was a windy day and her long blonde hair was blowing all over the place. She hovered there peacfully feeling like she belonged there. She had got her firebolt for Christmas. Christmas. This Christmas definatly wasn't the best one she had had, she had been through so many emotions and moods she was suprised her uncle had put up with her. She still hadn't heard from Alex and she was wondering why. She hoped everything was alright between them, she knew she had sent him a letter when she was confused and he probably didn't know what to make of it, but she needed to write to him, he was the closest thing to Emma for her. He was her twin and he knew her just as well as she did. These thoughts comforted her and she almost slipped off her broom but grabbed firmly on and looking down realised she had gained far to much height. She crept towards the ground, still high but now the ground was visible. She thought about Emma and closed her eyes remembering every detail. "I miss you so much" she whispered tears brimming in her eyes. She felt like Emma was there with her at that moment "Why did you have to leave me?" She whispered slightly louder then before "I miss you I really do" She whispered again tears poring down her face. She opened her eyes and was thrown back to reality. And the reality was that there was absoloutly no-one there she was, again, completly alone.

Ellie ran out onto the Quidditch Pitch, her new Scarlett Streak Under her arm.
Grinning, she realised Harri was there, Ellie was about to shout "Hey" When she realised Harri was sitting completely still!
Swinging a leg round her broom she kicked off, feeling the speed and wind blowing through her hair, she felt so light a flighty on her broom.
Stopping next to Harri she smiled weakly, "Hey Harri" She said, wondering if she should leave Harri alone or not, she knew what was up!

Harri snapped out of her daze and saw Ellie there. "Hey Ellie!" she said shaking her troubles away, they could wait till later, she felt a pang of guilt for feeling like this but ignored it."Thanks for helping me out before half term I really appreciate it!" Harri said and smiled warmly at Ellie.
"Wow! You have a scarlet streak!!" Harri said flying round Ellie on her new firebolt admiring Ellie's Scarlet Streak.

"No problem" Ellie said smiling,
"Yeh, got it for my christmas, dont really notice a difference between it and my firebolt to be honest" She said truthfully, she had been a bit dissapointed by that, but the Firebolt was a op broom and you couldnt get any better!
"Oh cool, you got a firebolt" Ellie said grinning, seeing the broom Harri was sitting on.

"Yeah my uncle got it for me for christmas!" Harri said smiling. "Did you have a good holidays?" she asked. Flying away a bit then shooting back.

Ellie grinned, "Yeh it was fab, the traditional family christmas! Yourself?" She asked in reply.

Harri smiled "Sounds lovely!" she said trying to keep up the smile. "Yeah my christmas was great!" she said lying through her teeth "But I really missed my mum and dad as they were away. But I had a great time anyway!" she said her voice wavering slightly at the mention of her parents.

"Kool" Ellie said grinning, she could sense something was up but Harri was dealing with enough never mind Ellie pestering her.

Harri smiled, she knew it was obvious she had lied and was glad Ellie hadn't asked her about it. "It's good to be back isn't it!?" she said truthfully as much as she loved her home she loved it here so much, when she was away she couldn't wait to get back.

"Yes it is, i love it here" Ellie said grinning, she had been quite glad to get back to the castle after a hectic week with her family!

Harri smiled, "Do you have any brothers or sisters or anything?" Harri asked, she realised she knew very little about Ellie despite the fact they were firm friends.

"Yes, i have a little 5 year old brother, Simon, what about you?" Ellie asked smiling and realising what Harri must have just a second ago.

"Nope no brothers or sisters!" Harri said smiling weakly. What she was really thinking was No just me. On my own. As usual! but she restrained herself and carried on smiling. "Do you get on well?" she asked, keen to know more.

Ellie smiled, "Yes, well we have our moments, but most of the time were all right" She explained, "So who do you live with?" Ellie asked Harri smiling, wondering if she like Ellie, only spent Christmas at her own house, Ellie missed her parents when she didnt see them!

"I live with my parents most of the time!" she said looking down and fiddling with the handle of the broom "But there always away so I spend most of my time with my uncle!" she said and smiled, she loved her uncle lots and he had practically bought her up. "I see my uncle more then anone!" she said laughing slightly but inside this fact burnt her, it was painful. When she needed her parents most they hadn't been there for her, and she felt that in the holidays she had grown to love her uncle more then her parents. She knew this was bad, terrible even. But he had been the one who took care of her, held her hand on the first day of school, helped her with her homeword, been a shoulder for her to cry on. And now he understood the wizarding world too! "How about you!" she asked pushing these thoughts to the back of her mind.

Ellie smiled, "Oh, i spend most of the time living with my Granny and Granda, bacuse they live in Scotland and i hardly used to see them, i spend christmas with my parents though and most weeks, but im at my Granny and Grandas alot" Ellie explained, she hadnt seen her Granny and Granda since shed got to Hogwarts and she couldnt wait till summer till shed see them again!

"Aww that's nice!" Harri said and smiled "Do you like it in Scotland?" she asked, she had never been before and wanted to know what it was like.

"Yes its great, the countrysides are dead nice and calm and the towns really busy, a bit like London" Ellie told Harri, smiling warmly and doing a loop-the-loop.

"That sounds lovely!" Harri said smiling. She giggled as Ellie did a loop the loop "Looks good!" she said smiling "Look I can do a backflip and sommersault now!" she said doing both on them perfectly.

"Brilliant" Ellie said, grinning as Harri done them perfectly.
"Ive also been practicing" She told her, doing the same.
"I wish we still had flying this term" Ellie said smiling.

Harri blushed slightly "Thanks!" she mumbled. "Wow your great !" Harri said as Ellie did the same. "I know I'm really going to miss it!" Harri said "It was the lesson I looked forward to most!" she carried on smiling. All good things must come to an end. "But can't wait to get stuck into the knew lessons!" she said smiling.

"Me too" Ellie said grinning, she would really miss Professor Ana's class!
"Yeh i know, what do you think youre favorite will be" She asked intrested.

Harri smiled "Hmmm I think transfiguration!" she said after thinking "It seems really interesting!" she said smiling "How about you?"

"Yeh, i think ill like Charms" Ellie said smiling.

Harri smiled "Yeah I'm looking forwards to that too!" Harri said. "Let's fly!" she called zooming off on her broom. She couldn't believe the difference in speed and accuracy between this one and her old broom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back