Tentative

Leila Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
Leila was mortified. She ran out of the Great Hall, out of the Dance and out of Ulrich's arms. She didn't know what she was thinking getting that close to him while there was obviously someone else in his sights. She was annoyed that she thought she could ignore her feelings and just carry on like nothing had happened. It was a mistake to go to the dance with him, she should have just stayed in with Jess. She stopped before she got to the stairs and took a deep breath and ran her hands through her hair, this was such a mess.

Ulrich was left standing alone in the middle of the dance floor after Leila ran off. Everything had been going so well but something about the slow song that came on freaked her out and caused her to run away. Ulrich watched her run off and didn't hesitate to follow her out into the entrance hall. "Leila!" He called as he caught up to her. "What happened in there?" He asked.

Leila's eyes widened when she heard footsteps and Ulrich's voice behind her. She bit her lip and turned round to face him, she had to tell him the truth. There was no way that she could hide her feelings from him forever so she took a deep breath, once more, and decided to open up to him. "Look, Ulrich. You know I like you. I have done ever since the aftermath of that first flying lesson. But I know you like someone else... and they like you too obviously and that's fine but I can't go to an event like this with you and pretend that everything is okay. I can't get that rose off my mind and if I cant,you definitely can't" she rambled. "I couldn't dance to that slow song with you, not when I know there's another person that likes you. I don't understand why you asked me to this dance. I didn't send you a rose. I haven't seen you properly for months so I guess I don't blame you for moving on. Not that there was anything to move on from... but you cant do this to me if you don't mean it" she continued, why couldn't she stop talking? "You probably would have been better asking that other person to the dance" she mumbled looking at her feet.

From the moment Leila told him she liked him Ulrich wanted to interrupt her but she was talking so much and so fast that he just didn't have the chance. He should have known the rose would bother her, it would have bothered him if their roles were reversed but he thought he had made his intentions clear by asking her to dance but Leila just seemed to think he was stringing her along while liking someone else. She couldn't be more wrong. "Are you finished?" He asked and when it was clear that she had Ulrich closed the space between them and planted his lips on hers. After a few minutes, he pulled away but kept his hands on Leila's face. "You're adorable do you know that?" He asked smiling at her. "It's you Leila, its always been you,"

Leila tried to get her breath back after she finished her speech to Ulrich. She didn't want to give him chance to interrupt and to fill the spaces with excuses. But he knew her true feelings now and that'd all that really mattered, even if he didn't feel the same way. Leila would just deal with the consequences but at least they were no longer tiptoeing around the subject. However, she didn't get much chance to as Ulrich closed the gap between them both and kissed her. She felt her stomach turn over and over and she felt her cheeks burn, it was the most perfect sensation she had ever felt. Ulrich pulled away and Leila remained there for a second, pursed lips not wanting the moment to end. She opened her eyes, eventually, when Ulrich began to talk to her and she couldn't help but smile. She put her arms around Ulrich's neck and placed her lips on his once more. She hadn't realised how much she had wanted to until now and it was like they had never been apart.

Ulrich wasn't sure how Leila would react to his sudden display of affection but he was hopeful. The kiss was short and when he pulled away he maintained eye contact with Leila waiting to see how she would react. He didn't expect her to throw her arms around his neck and kiss him again but it didn't take him long to respond. He wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the ground as he kissed her back. It was amazing, both kisses. Ulrich had wanted this since he first met Leila in their first year but despite all the dances they had been together it never seemed like the right time. The right time was now. All too soon Ulrich slowly lowered Leila to the ground and pulled away from the kiss. "That was erm...wow," Ulrich said as he tried to catch his breath.

Leila giggled when Ulrich wrapped her arms around her and lifted her off the ground. How was it possible to have been so embarrassed and upset only several minutes ago to being probably the happiest she had ever been now. She slowly found her feet again and she looked up at Ulrich and beamed at him "I know" she nodded in agreement "that was... good" she blushed, shifting her gaze to the floor. He was the first person that she had like and the first person that she had kissed. "What now?" she asked him breathlessly.

Ulrich couldn't remember a time when he had been happier than he was in that moment and he never wanted it to end. He was glad to hear that Leila had similar thoughts on their kiss though he like her wasn't sure what happened next. "I'm not sure, but I know I'd like to make things this official, Leila will you be my girlfriend?" He asked smiling down at her. He didn't want his intentions to be confused like they had been before.

Leila's eyes welled up with tears "are you serious?" she asked, looking into his eyes "of course I will!" she laughed wrapping her arms around him once more. All her doubts had dissolved away and all that mattered was that the two of them wanted to be together. All she had to do now was tell Jess.

End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back