Tension

Miriah Vlahovic

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Reed Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Miriah Johnson had just finished putting Ophielle down for bed, and was ready to have the rest of the night to herself. It was a battle getting that girl bathed, dressed, and ready to settle down for the night, so Miriah was already tired and the night had barely begun. Closing the door behind her softly, Miriah glanced at Thane for a brief moment then shook her head. "Why do children fight the chance to sleep? If only they knew how much they were going to need it when they get older." Miriah muttered softly before she wandered into the kitchen to fix up some popcorn and drinks. Miriah promised Thane some snacks and a movie if he watched Ophielle for a couple of hours this morning while she went out job hunting. By this point Miriah and Ophielle had taken Thane's guest bedroom and shared that room with one another. But Miriah honestly didn't want to oppose on him much longer. He was probably more than tired of the extra dishes, laundry, and messes made. Miriah needed to look for her own place, and maybe then Thane could get some piece of mind. When the snacks and drinks were ready, Miriah brought them into the living room and set them down onto the coffee table. Thane was already sitting down, looking comfortable as ever.

"I hope you don't mind, I picked scary movie." Miriah liked scary movies, even if they did give her bad dreams later on. Miriah popped the movie in and hit play before she settled down next to Thane. The previews had to pass by first, but that was fine because Miriah couldn't help but feel like he wanted to talk about something. There was some obvious tension on the air, but Miriah couldn't place where it was from. Was he tired of her hanging around? Did he have something to say? Things were getting weird between the two of them, and Miriah wasn't sure why. Miriah was barely able to tell how she was feeling herself. Though she was so thankful that he welcomed her and Ophielle into his home with open arms, Miriah felt bad for being here. It was like she was imposing in on his home. Miriah even felt like there were times when she owed him so much more than a movie night. But what could she give him that would actually mean something? Thane refused to take money, and it wasn't like she had many valuables to give him. Miriah glanced at Thane, hoping he would say something to her. Maybe he could explain the tension?

It was really nice having Miriah and Ophielle live with him. The house no longer seemed that empty, and on the bright side, he really liked Miriah too. He sat down in the living room, wearing comfortable jeans and a band shirt, before he would get the movie started. He and Miriah set this up so that they could unwind and relax. It seemed like Ophielle was fighting sleep though. "Maybe she just wants to stay up with us?" Thane mused as Miriah went into the kitchen. He was thankful that he kept the place cleaned up too. Miriah and Ophielle shared the guest bedroom, and time and time again, he thought about charming up another room or something, or having them move into his bigger house. But that was on another continent. Thane really did not mind the two of them staying here. It gave him more of an excuse to come home anymore. He really liked it, and he thought that he should make this more permanent, but he did not know how to. Miriah soon came back into the living room and set the drinks and snacks down onto the coffee table. Thane looked really comfortable, but he wondered if Miriah would be,

Miriah said that she picked out a scary movie and Thane nodded. He was a fan of scary movies, but he didn't know that she was one either. "Sounds good to me, Miriah." He looked down at his hands as the previews rolled. He wanted to tell Miriah that he really liked her, but he did not know how to put it. Suddenly, that seemed to hang in the air. Thane bit his lip and he looked over at Miriah before he gave her a quick smile and turned back to the screen. The scary music started to play, but it was not enough to cause him to think of anything else. Plus, the tension was getting to be a little much. He pulled a bit on his collar before he said, "So, Miriah, how are things?" How, that sounded pretty lame. How was he supposed to tell her that he liked her when he asked her lame things like that? She must think that he was a complete idiot by now. He looked at her, wondering if she would maybe just be able to tell that he did have some feelings for her. He kind of doubted that she would have the same feelings for him though. He couldn't be that lucky.

Miriah loved how Thane seemed to easily find another reason for Ophielle to possibly stay up, even if the thought of having that girl go without sleep would be disastrous for everyone, Miriah liked how fond those two were of one another. Thane was probably the closest thing that Ophielle had to father figure right now. "I honestly think she just wants to stay around you. But, that girl is not a pleasant person to be around when she's cranky. So sleep is a necessity for everyone's sanity". Miriah was sure that Thane had seen Ophielle during one of her little temper tantrums. As cute as she probably appeared to be most of the time, there were times when that girl could be a total monster. Miriah sank further unto the couch and popped some of the popcorn into her mouth. The tension looming about the air had yet to leave, and she was beginning to wonder if something was the matter with Thane. Maybe he didn't like scary movies as much as he claimed to? Just so long as he didn't accidentally wake up Ophielle, Miriah wouldn't judge him for being a chicken too harshly. But him being scared might not have been the case either.

When Miriah heard Thane ask how things were, she turned towards him with an amused yet slightly confused look upon her faintly pale face. "I'm doing pretty good....I suppose." What a random question to be asked by someone she shared a home with. Her hand went out to feel his forehead, just to make sure he wasn't running a fever or something. "Thane are you okay?" If he wasn't feeling well, it wasn't like they couldn't postpone their movie night so he could get some rest. He was acting weird, and although Miriah felt the tension still, she liked Thane too much to let him risk his health. He didn't appear to have a fever, so perhaps something else was bothering him? Hopefully he would talk to her about it. Or would she have to poke him until he grew annoyed and gave in? Miriah sighed and felt around for the remote in order to pause the movie with. However, no matter where she moved, there was no sign of it. If he was going to talk to her he was going to have to do it with a horror flick playing in the background.

Thane wondered how fussy Ophielle was. Maybe he should make it up to her tomorrow in the morning? That would be really good. Thane thought that maybe he could take her to the arcade to have some fun. Kids liked that, right? He could give Miriah a day to herself. He understood what Miriah was saying though. She knew her daughter more than anyone. "Well, maybe tomorrow, I can take her out for some fun, and you can either come with us, or have the house to yourself. It is all up to you." He wasn't even sure if she trusted him with her child yet, but it was worth a shot. He really cared about the two of them. Thane shrugged his shoulders before smiling lightly. Still, there was that tension that loomed in the air and he knew that it had to do with him. He could not help it. He made himself watch the television opposed to sneaking glances at Miriah and her beauty. He just wanted to tell her how he felt but somehow that was just hanging in his throat, not wanting to come out. He sucked with girls since his last girlfriend who died because of him (at least he believed that). He didn't remember how to be suave.

She was doing good. "Well, that's good," mused Thane even though he did not want to say that. Though, he did care how she was doing, but that was not what he was wanting to ask her. Sighing, he wondered if he was looking like an idiot right now. Miriah was starting to get worried since she asked if he was okay. He looked over at her and he just count not speak. He looked down at the couch between the space between them, and he muttered, "I'm fine. Healthy. Just... I just..." He couldn't seem to say it. Thane wondered if he should just spill it. He thought that now might be the best. He turned a bit to face her and he said, while the murderer in the background on the television was making some woman his kill, "Miriah, I really like you." His voice was soft, so it was unknown if it was heard through the sounds of the movie. If not, he wasn't sure he could tell her again. The two had some chemistry, so it was hard to behave appropriately. And now they were in the dark with a movie, so it was even tougher.

Thane offered to take Ophielle out for the day so Miriah could have the house to herself for a little while. That sounded perfect actually! Miriah couldn't remember the last time she had been able to enjoy a bubble bath or a movie all by herself. "I might actually take you up on that offer. I could really use a few hours of me-time. Ophielle really likes spending time with you so I'm sure she'll be ecstatic." Miriah thought it was really cute how close Thane and Ophielle had become lately. He had become sort of a father figure for her, and it was nice to see that Ophielle could still be happy despite how broken apart things had become. Children were amazing like that, all they wanted was to be happy and half the time their imagination provided instant fun and happiness for them. There were times when Miriah wished she were that happy, things were so much easier back when she was a kid. If only she had met her sister and her real family sooner, then she could have had the perfect childhood that she so desperately wanted for her own daughter. Sadly, it wasn't going exactly as she pictured it to.

Thane was acting so weird. Almost like he was hiding something but his conscience was keeping him from keeping it hidden. Miriah wished he would just tell her though, since she hated to be kept wondering. He explained that he was healthy and that everything was fine, but then he drawled off. Apparently it was too hard for him to really say. Miriah was beyond curious now! Then he quietly revealed that he liked her. Miriah raised an eyebrow. She had a hunch that he had been harboring some types of feelings for her, but she just wasn't sure when it was finally going to be too much for him and he would actually admit it. 'I've been waiting for you to say that. I like you too Thane. You really are a super sweet guy, and you've done so much for me lately." Miriah wasn't sure that she could ever really open herself up to really liking someone ever again, yet here she found herself wanting to be with Thane. They were practically a couple anyways, since they were barely ever separate from one another. But was it the right thing to do for Ophielle?

Thane wouldn't mind giving Miriah some alone time. She kind of needed it for a bit. He didn't know what he could find for Ophielle while they were out, but it would be worth it. Maybe a water park or something. Only when it is really warm and she wore sunscreen of course. Getting him into a pair of trunks though, that was challenging, since he never wanted to expose that much of himself out to the world. He barely wore shorts around the house anymore. That was just the way that he was. "So, then I will do that the moment you want some you time. I am sure that we can find something to do for the whole day. She's a good kid." Just hearing that she liked spending time with him was enough to make his heart burst with pride, and she wasn't even his kid! Nothing could make him feel less proud though. He just really liked that little girl and thought that she deserved the best. She did have the best mom, but that was besides the point. Thane could be a bit biased when it comes down to people, and he knew this too. But, what could a guy do?

The statement that he uttered hung out there for a moment, and Miriah only raised an eyebrow. Well, time seemed to slow for him, and he hoped that he could leave with his dignity still intact. However, it seemed as though the feelings were mutual. She liked him too! And she mentioned how he was sweet and that he had done so much for her. "Well, you really deserve to have someone treat you the best, and well, I am a little surprised you like me back. I really don't know what to do from this point, but I'm glad I'm not the only one harboring these feelings. I wonder if Ophielle would be happy for us." Thane thought that this would relieve the tension, but it only seemed to make it a fraction less awkward for him. A few moments passed as the two watched the horror movie, and well, the screams of the victim made Thane turn away, and he glanced in the direction of Miriah. Well, it seemed like something was on the minds as Thane kissed Miriah during the part that he couldn't stand to watch. And during that scene, things for a little heated up.

Miriah smiled. It was nice to see that Thane already had such a strong bond with Ophielle. Although Miriah hoped she was doing well enough to keep her daughter happy, she knew better than to believe that she could do it alone for the rest of her life. Miriah only had so much to teach her, and what would become of Ophielle once she ran out of money and was forced to find another job to pay the bills? Perhaps Thane was just the person she needed to help her sort things out. "She is a good kid, and she deserves the best. I just wish I knew how to give that to her. I feel like I'm letting her down a lot." Miriah admitted at she glanced at the bedroom door where hopefully her daughter lay resting. Right now, that little girl was Miriah's whole world and she wanted nothing more than to give her the entire world right back. But she had no idea where to begin. Maybe she should focus on either getting her own place or getting a job. After all, she didn't want to big Thane with the idea of lounging in his guest bedroom for the rest of eternity. He probably liked his peace and quiet.

"I think she would be happy for us. She already considers you to be part of our family, even if she doesn't quiet understand that you're not her dad. I think if we tried to explain the whole situation she wouldn't understand any of it." Miriah knew her daughter, and although she was smart, she was only a little girl so there was still a lot she didn't understand. Maybe if they were natural about it, she would grow up with the knowledge of the two of them and they wouldn't have to try and explain anything. Miriah was focus on the movie, mostly because her mind was curious as to why the woman was screaming like she was, and then Thane kissed her. The kiss was pretty heated and Miriah returned with an equal amount of passion. The moment they broke apart however, she smiled coyly. "You're a better kisser than I thought you'd be." Miriah meant that in a nice way. He was a pretty kisser for such a nice boy, and nice boys rarely ever kissed like that. Hopefully such a comment wouldn't upset him, because it had been such a wonderful sensation.

Thane thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Miriah kissed him with much heated passion, as much as he had given her. Then her little statement made him laugh a bit. He was better than she thought. "So, you have thought of that then... And here's the real kicker, I am pretty rusty." Thane brushed the brunette hair behind Miriah's ears, as he leaned forward to kiss her again. The taste of her on his lips just drove him wild. They liked each other, probably more than the other thought. And due to their lack of needed attention in one certain area, if this were a horror film, Jason Voorhees would have slaughtered them on the spot for committing such an action. However, let's just say that the two of them really needed this sort of attention. Clothes tumbled into the floor, popcorn spilled and finally, the two passed out in a world of bliss and sleep.
The next morning, Thane slowly opened his eyes to reveal that he was still asleep on the couch, with Miriah tucked in next to him. How the two managed to fit on the couch, he would never know. However, he recalled last night, and now he understood. The two of them were probably too tired to even budge from the couch. However, before he could lightly kiss Miriah on top of her gorgeous head and ask if the two of them would become an item, he heard her daughter in the other bedroom. And if she came in to see the two of them as naked as the day they were born, they would be in serious trouble. He didn't want to disturb Miriah though since she looked so damn cute right now. He groaned as he thought of the better thing to do. He gently touched Miriah's shoulder, and he whispered, "Um, Miriah, I don't want to be rude and wake you up, but we might have some explaining to do if Ophielle comes in and sees us naked."

He summoned her clothing to him with a verbal spell without his wand. He didn't have it anywhere near him right now anyway. He would let her get dressed before he would. After all, all he had to do was put on his shorts and a shirt. Although she would look really cute with his shirt on and nothing else. But he had Ophielle to think of too. He was definitely not selfish, not when it came down to Miriah and Ophielle.

The last thing Miriah wanted to do this morning was have to wake up before she was ready. Thane wore her out, and she couldn't think of anything else she'd rather do more than spend the morning relaxing in his arms. But Thane seemed to think differently. At first, she had every intention of ignoring his pleas for her to wake up, but then she heard him mention something about Ophielle. Crap, she had better get dressed then. Quickly sitting up, she took her clothing from Thane and hurriedly threw them on. "Your first duty as my boyfriend is to cook up some breakfast for the three of us? Please?" Miriah leaned in and kissed Thane before she stood up off the couch and headed towards the room her daughter was sleeping in.
Fin.​

<i>​
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back