telling the truth

Joshua Chase

OOC First Name
Laura
Josh was walking hand in hand with Kenny. They were out in town for the day doing nothing much but walking around. Josh was just happy to be spending time with Kenny again. After their break up he had found himself alone and empty. He was taking in every second of it just in case Keny decided that he liked girls again then Josh would be alone again. Of course Josh liked girls and boys but at the moment Kenny was the one for him and he wasnt even looking at anybody else.

Josh walked into a shop with kenny and picked out a black shirt lined with white and held it up to him. " Suit you. You look sexy." He said with a chuckle and winking at him. He felt more comfy around boys than girls and with Kenny it was just like they had been friends for years and then they started dating as best friends. Thats how well Josh knew him and assumed how well Kenny knew him

Kenny was stood in a shop looking out a window. He loved Josh. Yes, they had just come out of a rough patch but he still loved him. He felt weird when Josh wasn't around. It was like they were meant to be together-like fate. Before he met Josh, if anyone said anything about fate or destiny Kenny would have completely rejected it. Now his thoughts on it were different.
Kenny snapped out of his daydream when he heard Josh speak. He laughed as he looked at the top. "It would look better on you though." Then he shrugged. "Although, I definitely prefer no top." He grinned cheekily as he looked through a rack of clothes.

Josh laughed at Kennys response. " Yeah i would prefer no top too but thats for later. Have you told your parents yet by the way?" He asked. He was curious if Kenny had done it yet as he seemed very reluctant in doing so. Josh had told his family strait away when he was first attrated to a guy and then again when he dated his first guy. They had acted fine with the whole thing, this was to his suprise though.

Kenny shook his head. "No. I don't really have the guts at all." Kenny had been worried about telling his parents so had kept putting it off. It just scared him. He didn't know how his parents were going to react to this. His dad wasn't exactly the kind to accept his own son being gay. He was a proud man who expected his family to stay up to date and popular.

Josh frowned slightly and shrugged. " Well as we are here now so why dont we both go and tell them together. At least you will have someone there who has experiance in this field." He said calmly. He didnt want him to get too nervous about this and maybe Joshs presence would assure Kenny. Or something along those lines. At least Kenny wouldnt feel like he would be doing this alone. Besides this was a good oppertunity to meet Kennys parents for the first time. He wundered on how they would react to him and if they were cool like his family. He doubted it as his family were just too awsome for anything to tophis socks were pretty cool.. They roced his socks, and

Kenny looked down at his feet. "I'm not sure." He didn't know whether having Josh there would help. It could just make him more nervous. He wouldn't know whether his parents would like him or not. He'd end up with the stress of his parents meeting his boyfriend and telling them he was gay. "I don't know how I'm going to do it. I've spent months trying to work out how I can do it." Kenny looked from the floor back to Josh and shrugged. "It's just stressing me out. That's all." Kenny hoped he didn't sound like some sort of weirdo.

Josh new how Kenny was feeling right now. He had gone through the same thing, well except he wasnt a p*$$y about it. " Just say it how it is. There is no point in buttering it up. Just come out with it. Im gay. I found that the easiest way. At least its down to the point." He said placing his hand on Kennys shoulder. " You will be fine. Im sure your parents will understand. Even if i dont know them and all you are still their child and its their duty to love you no matter what, as it is mine to." He said smiling at him comfortly.

Kenny stepped over to Josh and hugged him. "Thanks." He had a feeling Josh would change his mind when he met Kenny's parents. They were both very posh and uptight which was one reason why they had so much money. "I take it we're walking then??" Kenny didn't want to do this but he knew there would be no convincing Josh otherwise. He was just going to get it over and done with.

Josh hugged Kenny back and released him when he spoke. " Yeah we can do if you like. I doubt if a can run the whole way there." He laughed and held his hand out for Kenny to take. " You know if we skip people will give us dirty looks and possibly laugh." He said with a wink

Kenny laughed. His hand felt warm in Josh's. "That's never going to happen." He lead Josh to his house. It was a big house at the end of the street. "Well, this is it." He shrugged. "My home." He walked into the front garden and straight to the front door. "Mum. Dad. I got someone I want you to meet." He shouted up the stairs and waited for them to come down. When he saw them, his heart started to speed up fro anxioty. He put on a brave face as he looked up at the two of them. "This is Josh." He paused a second. "He's my boyfriend." The snobby look that both his parents had been wearing before changed to humiliation and disgust. "Boyfriend?!" His mum seemed to be out of words but his dad didn't. "Kenneth Zacharias Hickman-Vallender!! What the hell do you think you're talking about?! Actually, that's exactly it; you don't know what you're talking about. You're a young boy and you have no idea what a relationship is." Kenny hated how his parents still thought of him as a boy when he was seventeen. "Dad..." He started but he was cut off by his dad. "No. Dismiss this stupid idea now before you end up humiliating the whole family with your childishness." His parents had acted exactly how he thought they would. He hated them for it. If they couldn't accept him for him then they couldn't accept him at all. Kenny had no way of answering back to his dad though. If he explained how it wasn't childishness and it was the truth then his dad would just tell him to grow up.

Josh walked into the house and stood next to Kenny. He was glued to the spot when his parent began to shout. He felt awkward and didnt really know what to do. He did pick out that Kenny had a middle name, a fact that Josh had not known before. e would bring it up later thought. He decided that maybe his voice would help Kenny out. " Urm actually im younger than he is and im not a child." He stopped when he thought that what he said wasnt helping. " Ur its great to finally meet you i mean i have heard so much about you two i feel as if i already know you." He said walking over to them and holding out his hand. " Im Joshua Chase. But call me Josh. My parent call me Joshua when im in trouble so you know." He laughed awkwardly

Kenny admired Josh trying to help but he knew it wouldn't do anything. He watched his parents take a few steps back when Josh went towards them. "Is this the first boy you could pull out the gutter or something??" Kenny had never hated the sound of his mother's voice more than he did right now. His jaw dropped in shock and he scowled at her. "This is who I am mum. You either accept it or you don't but you don't have to say that sort of stuff to Josh." Kenny walked over to Josh and held his hand. He had a feeling if he did anymore than that then his parents would be even more disgusted-if that was possible.

Josh sighed and folded his arms across his chest. " You know that was a pretty cheap shot. Im actually a pretty cool guy if you even bothered to get to know me at all you may realise that or are you too tightly wound up that you won even try me. Its funny. Kenny has been dreading this ever since he found out he was gay and after seeing this i can understand why. If i had a kid and it turned to me and said it was gay i would love it the same as i had done because it would still be the same as it was before hand except i would know that it liked other people. Its kind of brave if you think about it aswell." He shook head and turned away from then and walked towards the door leaning on the door frame. " I bet if i had been a girl that Kenny had brought home then you would have been eager to meet me."

Kenny knew that at least one of his parents would have a come back for what Josh had just said so before they could say anything, he turned and walked out the door. "Come on, Josh. Let's leave them to their 'humiliation'." He glared at his parents once more before walking across the garden and out the front gate. "Now you can see why I've been so worried about it." Kenny shrugged as he turned to Josh. At least it was over and done with now.

Josh followed Kenny out of the garden. He rolled his eyes playfully. " I know but dont you feel better now that it is out and its over and done with. The longer you wait the more time you have to think about it." He tapped Kennys head with his finger. " Less thinking more doing Kenneth Zacharias Hickman-Vallender." He laughed slightly. " I never even knew you had a middle name until then so thats an up side to the day." He smiled

"Don't start on my middle name." Kenny laughed. "There's reasons why I don't tell people. It's bad enough that people know me as Kenneth Hickman-Vallender. I don't need Zacharius in the middle." He grinned as he started walking down the street. "Come on then. What's yor middle name??" He smiled pleadingly as he looked at Josh.

Josh laughed. His last name wasnt as amusing as Kennys was. " I dont think its as good as yours Ken. Joshua Trent Chase. Its kind of manly." He smiled then sat down on the ground. He had just thought of a joke about Kennys last name but decided not to say it just in case Kenny took it the wrong way

Kenny pouted jokingly. "That is so not fair. How come you have a decent name. Mine sounds like a posh snobs name." That was probably because his parents had intended him to be a posh snob. He sat next to Josh and frowned curiously. "You look like you're holding something back. Come one. Spill."

Josh laughed and shrugged. " Hey its only a middle name, nothing that important."He smiled and shrugged. " Im not holding anything back. Why'd you ask?" He asked curiously. He led back on his elbows and let out a sigh. " Wow its kind of warm isnt it." He chuckled

Kenny shrugged. "You just got that look on your face." He smiled when he realised Josh was changing the subject. "Yeah, kinda." He grinned cheekily. "Perhaps you want to take your top off so you can stay cool."

Josh laughed and shook his head. He would just annoy Kenny for now, he would take it off later though. " Nope i think i will just make you wait. Also im in an annoying mood so neer." He said sticking out his tongue at him then laughing

Kenny laughed and turned onto his side so his head was leant on his hand. "I wonder whether I'm still going to get my allowance." It was a random thought which had just popped into Kenny's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back