Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx was having a bad day. He was tired of seeing all the roses and love everywhere. After a full day of waiting for a rose that didn't come, he was torn. He hadn't really thought about it when Jacob hadn't asked him to the Yule ball. But now that he hadn't been asked to the Valentine's dance either, or received any sort of rose from the other boy, Onyx was concerned. With a weary sigh, he slumped against the nearest wall. Was he misreading things? A little voice in the back of his head said no. Jake didn't want to date. He didn't want to be seen in public with Onyx, apparently. He didn't want the same things Nyx wanted. And the thought hurt. Onyx slid slowly down to his knees. He could feel the tears starting to gather in his eyes, and he tried to wipe them away. It didn't really help though. He brought his knees up to his chest and buried his head in his arms, silent tears falling down his face. He just wanted to know what was going on.

Sapphire was looking for Onyx. A lot had gone on and she wanted to talk to him about it. She was growing accustomed to having the pest around. What she didn't expect, though, was what she saw when she rounded the corner. She froze as she spotted her twin. She broke into a sprint, sliding to her knees in front of the boy. Unsure what exactly to do, she reached out and ran her hand through his hair. "Nyxy?" She asked softly. "What's wrong?" Concern was clear in her voice. She hadn't ever seen him like this. She thought he was perpetually annoying, bright and cheerful. Not like Ava, but in his own, emo way. She bit her lip, worried.

Jacob was heading back to Gryffindor House, his stomach full of chocolate. It had been fun to hang with Abian and Elio at the dance, but after an early start and a full day of handing out roses, Jacob was tired. He yawned as he stepped into the corridor to switch staircases. It would shorten his walk to Gryffindor Tower and leave him a moment closer to his pajamas and bed.

As he rounded the corner, Jacob shut his eyes, regretting this decision when he spotted Sapphire and Onyx. S***, Jacob thought to himself before surging forward, figuring he'd been noticed. The corridors were still relatively empty with the dance going on. He'd been hoping to avoid Onyx for the rest of the day, but fate seemed to have another idea. Hearing some crying, Jacob felt a pit drop into his stomach. "You guys ok?" he asked, crossing his arms as he did.

Onyx was startled when he felt fingers running through his hair. But his sisters' voice combined with her touch sent him over the edge. The doubts he'd been bottling up all seemed to break through at once. He started to really sob, his voice cracking. He lifted his head and leaned forward. He buried his face in her shoulder, wrapping her arms around her and lowering his knees so he could pull her into his lap. He had barely settled when he heard a too-familiar voice asking if he was okay. He froze, instantly biting his lip to try and hide the fact he'd been crying. He kept his face buried in Sapphire's shoulder, too afraid to move and let the guy he liked see him the way he was.

Sapphire was startled to say the least when Nyx pulled her into his lap. What on earth? She wrapped an arm around his shoulder instinctively, running her fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm him. The entire thing was new to her, but it surprised her how much it hurt to hear Onyx so upset. She looked up with wide eyes when Jacob appeared out of nowhere. Why wasn't he helping? She certainly didn't know what she was doing. "I have no bloody idea! I just got here. What happened at the dance? I didn't go," She kicked herself. Maybe she could have had some clue of what was wrong if she had been there.

Jacob winced slightly when Sapphire asked about the dance. "Nothing. We didn't...go together" he replied, his voice trailing off as he finished his sentence. He couldn't believe that was why Onyx was crying. They hadn't gone to the Yule Ball together either so Onyx shouldn't have expected an invite. Now, the rose or lack thereof was another matter. He could see how that might bother Onyx a little since he'd sent Jacob one. But it wasn't like Jacob had ever told Onyx they were a thing. It had just been a bit of fun. Except this didn't feel very fun now. Jacob shifted, noticeably uncomfortable.

Sapphire raised a brow at Jacob, still stroking Nyx's hair as he tried to calm down. "Come on, Your Majesty. You don't have to have to be his date to know what happened. As much as you two run off to ah, hang out, I'm surprised he wasn't. Still," She glanced back at her brother. "This is... new. I didn't, er, I don't... if you don't know..." She trailed off, resting her head on Nyx's. "Nyx," She murmured, "Talk to us. Or me, either way. What happened?"

Onyx had managed to calm down a little by the time Sapphire turned back to him. "Sapph, don't, we...we aren't..." His voice cracked and he cleared his throat. "He wouldn't know because I didn't go to the dance," He muttered quietly. He didn't know how to voice what was actually upsetting him, but his sister's hand in his hair was oddly soothing. "I don't want to talk about it," His voice cracked again. He blushed, even more embarrassed than before. His voice had been cracking a lot lately, but the timing made this entire situation even worse than it was.

Jacob flushed at Sapphire's words. She was right. If he was a good friend, he would know what was wrong with Onyx. He'd have offered to hang out with him or even thanked him for his rose. As Onyx spoke, Jacob looked at the floor unable to make eye contact with him. Staying shut probably would have been a smart decision, but Jacob found himself continuing to talk. "See?" he replied. If Onyx didn't want to talk, Jacob certainly wasn't going to force him. He let out a small yawn, tired from the day and all of its excitement.

Onyx couldn't be more grateful for Sapphire's support. He cuddled in closer. "It's my fault, I'm sorry," He murmured softly into her neck. "Just... it's just a game. I just..." He bit his lip, refusing to look at Jake. "I... I don't know. I'm sorry." There had been a few times when Sapphire had surprised him with her twin senses. He hoped this wasn't one of those times.

Sapphire furrowed her brow, confused. Just a game...? What on earth had he been playing? She froze a moment as it hit her. Oh, Nyxy. You crazy, sentimental fool. She stood, feeling a wave of surprising anger. Who would knowingly play with her brother? The idiot obviously cared too much. Just look at how he was with her. She turned on Jacob and smacked him. "What were you thinking?" She demanded. "Nothing is a game with Nyx!" She wanted answers, even if she doubted Jake would have any. She wasn't even really mad at Jacob. She was mad at Onyx. She turned back to him and whacked him upside the head. "Why are you playing? You know better Nyxy!" She was frustrated with both the boys now.

Godmod approved by Cyndi

Jacob was shocked when he felt the slap on his cheek. The heat that rushed to that spot mixed with the shame he was already feeling caused the small gasp that escaped him. Jacob had never been smacked before, so was surprised at the fact that his pride hurt just as much. "I...I" he paused, realizing she'd turned her attention to Onyx, clearly mad at him. Jacob frowned, even more upset. He knew the pair had only just reunited and the last thing he wanted was to come between them. "No, Sapphire. It's not his fault. I...I just don't like him like that" he said angrily, each word in a harsh tone. He hadn't wanted it to come out like this. His words weren't even true. He did like Onyx. Too much, in fact. But that was too scary to deal with and would end badly anyway. "You should mind your business anyway" he added, a surge of anger at having to say any of this to Onyx due to Sapphire's involvement. He'd have preferred Onyx just seeing him with someone else. Surely he would have figured it out then and they all could've moved on.

Onyx looked up, startled when he heard Sapph slap Jacob. He looked to her with wide eyes even after she smacked him. "Stop trying to knock sense into me, we both know I don't have any!" He whined, rubbing the back of his head. He looked away at Jake's words. He'd known that. He had. But it still stung a little to hear it. He shook his head as Jake told her to mind her own business. "Don't be mad at her," He pleaded with the other boy. "It's my fault. I care too much, I always do. I didn't expect her to catch me. She's just worried..." He didn't think his sister was listening. He looked to her with wide eyes again as she turned to Jacob. He loved his twin, he really did. It was stupid in the middle of a fight like this, but he had never imagined she would jump so quickly to defend him. Not after all the nonsense he'd pulled. "Sapph..." He murmered, a soft smile on his face.

Sapph let out a huff at Onyx's snarky remark. "Then just ask yourself what I'd do!" She retorted plainly. Jake told her to mind her business and she paused. Onyx was saying something but she wasn't listening. She turned back to her friend, hand on her hip. "Well excuse me for not knowing how these things work. He was upset and you walked in. You're both idiots, but you're still my idiots, so get over it! He's so thick-headed he wouldn't have got it unless you told him anyway!" She shook her head. "Boys, I mean really. You can both shove off! Let me know if either of you manages to find a lick of sense," She snapped and turned on her heel. This was not what she had meant to do when she went looking for Onyx. But she'd had enough of him now and she just wanted to go to bed.

Jacob could feel himself growing more angry as Onyx pleaded with him to not be mad at Sapphire. It was odd but his emotions were swelling rapidly and he could feel his ears growing hot. He had a feeling Sapphire was going to try slapping him again as she turned on him, but he wasn't going to let her. As she told him off, Jacob just stood there listening before exploding on both of them again. " It wasn't your business to make me. That's a stupid excuse. It was between mE AND ONYX!" he yelled as she began to turn away. "And you" he turned on the boy sitting on the floor. "Since she's made me say it. Get it through your head. I. Don't. Like. You. So stop saying you care about me. You don't. We're thirteen. I'm thirteen. You barely know me" he said, his tone almost drifting into a plea but he was able to hold strong. And even if they did know each other, that hadnt made a difference for his parents. Surely, it didn't matter for anyone else. Jacob took a step backwards and then another. "And I am mad at Sapphire and I'm going to stay mad at her so...so you can both shove off" he finished before angrily stalking away, his hands called into fists and his mind racing withe everything else he could have said. He almost turned back, but he didn't and as he rounded the corner and hit the stairs, beginning to race up them, the first pangs of regret hit him over what he'd just done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back