Closed Tell me more

Tiffaney Phoenix Blakely

OOC First Name
Lexi
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Tiffaney had asked to spend more time in the wizarding world. Since her parents were busy a lot more lately they had agreed to let her go. But now, here she was standing alone in the middle of a town. She was a little familiar with the area since she had been to a park close by twice. She was still so amazed by everything she was seeing. She figured she looked weird standing there and staring at the building and the sky, but how could she not. It was just so magical to her.

September was slowly getting closer and closer, as was his eleventh birthday. Hogwarts was so close, and yet, still so far away and it was frustrating Jingyi how much he was having to wait. Waiting sucked. At least he could get some stories and information from his sister, but it still wasn't the same. And he supposed he got to walk around Brightstone and Obsidian Harbor when his parents brought him so he could look at the stuff he was going to buy for school. His father was the one to drag him out that afternoon, leaving Jingyi to occupy himself for a little bit. However, the boy didn't make it very far from where he started before he came across a girl just standing there. He frowned, turning his head up to stare up at the sky as well. "What are you looking at?"

Tiffaney jumped, literally, and let out a surprised yelp. She had always been somewhat of a scaredy-cat and frightened easily. "I... Amm I was... N... Nothing." She said between shallow breathes trying to calm herself. After a few more breathes she managed a weak smile. "Sorry, you scared me." Tiffaney quickly apologized for, what she thought was, being rude.

He appeared to have startled the girl somewhat and Jingyi blinked, awkwardly shuffling a foot against the ground, "Oh, uh, sorry." He didn't really know what he was apologizing for, but he did feel just a little bad for making her jump like that. He hadn't been trying to jump scare her or anything, he had just been curious as to what she had been staring at.

Tiffaney smiled at the boy. It had taken her a moment to realize that she hadn't answered him honestly in her scared state. "I was just admiring the place. It's still all new to me," Tiffaney said with a smile. "I'm Tiffaney by the way." She offered her hand for the boy to shake.

The explanation was a little boring, Jingyi had been expecting something a little more interesting than just looking around because it was new to her. "Oh, you've never been here before? Are you a Muggleborn or something?" That made the most sense to him. Or, maybe she was from abroad, that could be an option. But then she was offering him her hand and Jingyi only took it for a moment for a small shake. "Jingyi."

Tiffaney smiled lightly at Jingyi as he asked his question and introduced himself. "Muggleborn?" Tiffaney asked. She was still confused about the terms used in this magical world. Did it mean she was born a certain way? She skewed her head as she tried to understand. "I was born to magic. Mom and dad told me but they never came to the magic world." Tiffaney explained. Maybe that was what he had meant?

"Muggleborn is the word for someone whose parents aren't magical," he explained with a small frown. But, from what the girl was saying, her parents were aware of magic? But she didn't know any of the terms and it was confusing him just a bit. So... you parents know about magic, but they aren't magic? Are they like... squibs or something?"

Tiffaney was happy he explained what he had meant. At least she understood the word for the next time someone asked. When he asked about her parents not being magic she didn't know how to answer. Then he used another strange word. "Well, mom and dad never used magic. They didn't know it existed until they met my mother. When they adopted me as a baby." Tiffaney admitted deep in thought. Was this why she didn't understand half the things he said. "What are squibs?" Tiffaney finally asked hoping that he would explain again.

Her explanation sort of made a little more sense and Jingyi liked to think he had finally worked things out. "Oh, so your parents are non-magical. Muggles. But you were adopted and your birth mother is magical?" That seemed like it was the case, and if not, he would just be really confused about things. "Squib is the word for someone who is non-magical, but they come from a magical family."

Tiffaney nodded. She was happy that he understood what she was saying. "That's right." Tiffaney smiled. And once again she was happy that he had explained without being upset. "I'm sorry for not understanding what you were talking about," Tiffaney said feeling the need to apologize for not knowing the terms this world used.

"'s cool," he responded with a small smile and a shrug of his shoulder. But there was a more pressing question in his mind, frowning as he thought about whether he wanted to actually ask it or not. He didn't want to upset the girl or anything. But he really was curious about it, so just decided to go for it. "Why were you adopted anyway? I mean... if you know about your birth mother why did she... give you away?"

Tiffaney smiled as he said it was okay. She felt like she had made another friend and was happy about it. His question made her shrug though. It was something similar to what she was wondering herself. "I Don't actually know. I never met my real mother. Mum and dad only told me I was adopted when I turned ten. I did accidental magic because I had been excited." Tiffaney explained. She wasn't sure yet how she felt about the whole thing, but she was happy to have her parents.

The girl explained and Jingyi felt himself getting a little awkward. "Oh," he went quiet for a moment, nervously shuffling a foot as he sucked on the inside of his cheek. Maybe he shouldn't have asked her about that kind of stuff, it probably wasn't easy to talk about. Jingyi couldn't imagine not knowing his own parents. "Um, sorry for asking, I guess," he admitted after a moment, feeling bad for even bringing te subject up in the first place.

Tiffaney giggled. She found his reaction interesting. Was she not supposed to talk about this? He did ask, but she didn't understand why he apologized. "It's okay. You have nothing to apologize for." Tiffaney smiled at him. "So you grew up in this world? Can you tell me more about it? What's the school like?" Tiffaney asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back