Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire had decided that it was time to build up a better camaraderie with her teammates. She wasn't sure how exactly she was supposed to do that, but she would probably do it the same way she did everything else. By winging it. She popped her gum as she walked into the Great Hall for lunch. She was just walking down the table when she spotted one of her teammates. Jai? She smiled and approached him. "Hey," She greeted. "This seat taken?" She asked, gesturing to the empty spot next to him.

Jai was peacefully enjoying his lunch for once. The demon girls, a.k.a. his sisters, were off in their own little world somewhere in the castle right now, hopefully unleashing their evilness nowhere near him for once. His solitude didn't last long however as one of his teammates, one of the older ones that was also a prefect, came up to him. Sapphire, if he recalled correctly. Confused by her sudden approach, he gave an incline of his head, a sign of his acknowledgment of her presence, and shook his head at the question before gesturing the empty spot beside him. "Help yourself," he said with a shrug as he went back to eating. Maybe she just wanted someone to sit with while she ain't lunch? He didn't think there was anything he missed with regards to Quidditch in the last team meetup. He didn't think she missed anything either.

Sapphire grinned and took a seat, taking her gum from her mouth and wrapping it in its wrapper again before putting it back in her pocket. "So," She started, looking through the food available and starting to put together her lunch. "I realize I don't know much about any of my teammates outside of Leda." She nudged his arm. "So I thought we could talk." She told him, taking a bite of her sandwich.

Jai merely continued to eat as Sapphire began to put together her own lunch. He barely paid attention either when she began to talk about how she didn't know anything about their teammates, himself included, until she nudged his arm. Well, he didn't know much about her either, he wasn't sure he cared enough to either outside of the regular team meetings. She was a good beater, and she was one of the prefects in Slytherin. Other than that, Jai didn't know much else. He figured talking couldn't hurt though. "Alright," he said. He wouldn't be one to start the conversation though, or think of a topic. It was her idea after all.

Huh, so he was the quiet type. She chewed her food thoughtfully a moment. "So, you're a second year aren't you?" She asked him. "You get to pick your own electives next year. Have you thought about what you might want to take?" She asked idly, taking a sip of her drink. That was a normal thing to ask, wasn't it? She still wasn't any good at social interactions, but she had her mind set to giving it a shot.

Jai nodded at the question. He was one of the youngest members of the team after all and first years aren't allowed to try out unless they had special permission or something. "Ancient Runes and maybe Divination," he said quietly as he continued to munch on his lunch. He hadn't actually decided until the recent Elective Fair. He just new that he didn't want to take up Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures seemed to be too troublesome. So it was either Arithmancy, Ancient Runes or Divination. To be honest, he was still considering taking Arithmancy and hadn't decided yet. He had some time to decide still after all.

Sapphire nodded. "I didn't take either so you'll have to tell me if they're any good. She took a drink. Okay, he was the quiet type. "So, what made you try out for quidditch? I joined to look for a more positive outlet than fighting." She told the boy, taking a bite of her food.

Jai shrugged. “Sure,” he said. He didn’t mind telling her about the electives and how they were while he was taking it, but it would be a while yet before he would actually attend those classes. He was sort of looking forward to Ancient Runes though, and he didn’t really expect that Divination would be at least a little bit interesting. Well, perhaps he really is his mum’s son after all. “I’ve been playing since I was young. Father taught us how to ride a broom, but it was Mum that taught us how to play. She was a keeper and team captain.” That had probably been the longest he’d said since this conversation started, but, it was about Quidditch and family so he didn’t really mind talking about those.

Sapphire ate some of her food while she listened to the boy talk. "So you're close to your family then?" She inquired. It was always a little bittersweet listening to people talk about how they grew up with their families, but she couldn't help but listen anyway. She was always so interested in different experiences. "Do you have any siblings?" She inquired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back